A New Day for PVP - You can keep the oil!

Sam_Panda

Provider
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Samuel Sam Panda
Recently I and others, few in number as yet, but growing, have been having a lot of fun flying around the Oil Rig, blowing up vehicles, and killing avatars. Avatars against whom, admittedly, we would not stand a chance in the ring.

Many of these avatars have taken this in stride, and are themselves having fun developing new strategies to deal with these pesky nibs in their flying machines. A few, however, appear to take issue with us personally.

The cry we hear most is, “come down and fight like a man!”, or harsher words to that affect. The implication being that we are somehow not playing fair or with honor.

I can’t help but think of a parallel case, albeit on a somewhat larger stage and scale, during the American War of Independence. The British, as the super power of its day, would sometimes complain that Americans did not always deploy their troops in proper battle lines, but often fired their rifles from behind trees. The Americans even targeted officers! They believed Americans had no honor because they refused to line up and be slaughtered according to the custom of the day!

The rifle had changed warfare, but the British had not yet accepted that fact. :wise:

I submit that armed flying vehicles, and perhaps more importantly, the absence of skill requirements to be competitive with them, has fundamentally changed PVP on Calypso. Anyone can compete and have fun with some of the most uber players in the game. This I believe will be great for the game and bring in many new players to contribute to the loot pool.

But am I going to land my vehicle? Don’t ask me to line up and be slaughtered.

Sam :)

P.S.
You can keep the oil :laugh:

don't give up man , have fun

......Nice :)

I really wish we could name vehicles. If we could, "Gauntlet" would be an appropriate name for your bird.

Have fun, Sam!

Sounds fun. You should respond to them to come up and have a air to air dog fight :laugh: This sounds like a good change to pvp. Rather than competing on who has more money to chip in on skills and guns, now pvp is more about who has better keyboard and mouse skill :)

Yeah, what to say? "Survival of the fittest"? ;)

Nice writing ;). Its always fun if somoene complains about "without honor" in a PVP area, lol :D

Keep it up Sam! :laugh:

All the people who are complaining are people who most likely wouldn't be there if it wasn't for tiering.

Any time I challenge one to a duel with TT weapons they won't go for it.

Any type of talent/honor died a long time ago with Tiering. Keep it up! :thumbup:

The only thing that is fun is your Soc name ,

I accidently shot one of your mates in pvp at argus some months ago, he was upset about it and if i see a rescue team soc member i ussually dont shot ,

He came running towards my G-F with guns blazing (hunting cornundacaudas witch i didnt have time to see) so i just reacted and put a bullet in him ; )

But from now on i think you should change the soc name :dunce:

no offence , just a thought

TAC
IceCold

The only thing that is fun is your Soc name ,

I accidently shot one of your mates in pvp at argus some months ago, he was upset about it and if i see a rescue team soc member i ussually dont shot ,

He came running towards my G-F with guns blazing (hunting cornundacaudas witch i didnt have time to see) so i just reacted and put a bullet in him ; )

But from now on i think you should change the soc name :dunce:

no offence , just a thought

TAC
IceCold

If you see people from Calypso Rescue Team you are of course alowed to kill us as well as other players.
We know what PvP is and if we enter a designated PvP area we know what could happen.

And if someone in our soc is thinking that the name Calypso Rescue Team will give a Carte Blanche they are totally wrong. So Im sorry if that member was upset on you.

And I will inform the rest of the crew that if we get killed in PvP just deal with it !!!!

Even if we normally hunt and doing rescues we have not limited us from entering PvP or any aspect of the gaming in EU.

Regards Coach

Last edited:
+ rep for this sam

lol altho im english.......im in full agreement with you it has now made the playing field a bit more even down at the rig as we now have some fire power to eaqual the uber guns down there that take you out with one shot if tryin to get on to the rig commando style ....

I also taken a few out down there with my chopper thats fully loaded ....with weapons....

one word of warning tho watch out for the tanks as they hit very hard ;)

regards

mel

one word of warning tho watch out for the tanks as they hit very hard ;)

regards

mel

Yeah, and some of the Rig-Rats are very good at spawning, aiming, and firing it very fast! :rocket:

Yep, they get pissed off, your costing them money.

And wait till they start making up excuses and reasons to report you to get banned. Yes, thats how much they whine to MA about it.

Oh, and with a tiered lr59 and a pro amp, some hermes and plates, you can blow holes in them quite easily

Besides that, HAVE FUN, i know i sure as hell had a ton of fun..... god those dudes get sooooo pissy.

i just wish the flying vehicle weapons had a zoom, you cant even see as far as the range it has (avatars) but you can see vehicles.

+rep bro

Keep up the good work!!:thumbup:

Recently I and others, few in number as yet, but growing, have been having a lot of fun flying around the Oil Rig, blowing up vehicles, and killing avatars. Avatars against whom, admittedly, we would not stand a chance in the ring.

Many of these avatars have taken this in stride, and are themselves having fun developing new strategies to deal with these pesky nibs in their flying machines. A few, however, appear to take issue with us personally.

The cry we hear most is, “come down and fight like a man!”, or harsher words to that affect. The implication being that we are somehow not playing fair or with honor.

I can’t help but think of a parallel case, albeit on a somewhat larger stage and scale, during the American War of Independence. The British, as the super power of its day, would sometimes complain that Americans did not always deploy their troops in proper battle lines, but often fired their rifles from behind trees. The Americans even targeted officers! They believed Americans had no honor because they refused to line up and be slaughtered according to the custom of the day!

The rifle had changed warfare, but the British had not yet accepted that fact. :wise:

I submit that armed flying vehicles, and perhaps more importantly, the absence of skill requirements to be competitive with them, has fundamentally changed PVP on Calypso. Anyone can compete and have fun with some of the most uber players in the game. This I believe will be great for the game and bring in many new players to contribute to the loot pool.

But am I going to land my vehicle? Don’t ask me to line up and be slaughtered.

Sam :)

P.S.
You can keep the oil :laugh:

As a Rockstar (as you all know we had some fun at the rig too)
I can't do anything else but tell the same story mate :)
But it's indeed sometimes cool to see there are some sportive fighters out there too.

Cheers,
Shin

Back