Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images

Lightbulb Blood Moss and Next Island : What it means for FPC

I know this topic has been discussed before , but do take a moment to read it first to know what i am implying.

This is not a rant or a whine thread and i am not here to discuss the implication it has on miners/pk'rs/crafters.

What i want to understand is how it effects FPC ( Calypso) when a rare material is made so abundant in another planet.

1. As a Calypsian who loves being in Calypso, i just spend 1 week on Next Island , solely for the reason of getting Blood Moss. So that is an attrition of play time revenue from Calypso.

2. As to how abundant it is in NI , my avg 100 probe unamped run with tt finder got me minimum 10 ped of bm and sometimes went as high as 20+ peds in a run. That to me is a pretty high find rate for BM.

3. I know a lot of other miners who have moved from Calypso to NI for the same reason. Some have created sister/father/brother accounts as well because even with a new avatar they are getting the same amount of BM as someone with high skills. ( Kindly do not ask for names)

So my question is basically : Should FPC not be bothered by this?? Not about Blood Moss prices going down, not about miners/pk'rs being bothered, neither about crafters rejoicing but mostly about there loss of revenue from people who would otherwise not leave Calypso.

I cannot put mathematics to it , but is the increase of Crafting activity on the healing kits high enough to compensate the loss of miners+pk revenue? That is one thing which also needs to be checked because without it the picture would be incomplete. I however doubt that to be the case.

Next Island Perspective ( Any New Planet Partner) : This is a clever ploy from a marketing perspective within the EU world from the new planets perspective. Of course they get people to come and mine there who otherwise would not. However, should it be allowed is a very different story.

Lets keep it civil guys. The objective here is to understand rather then fight.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Red Thoth Crowley
    Society
    Ask Kitty
    Images
    Short term this definitely assists Next Island. Long term it drives down the price of blood moss and has zero impact.

Elite
    Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
    Society
    NBK
    Images
    Any market is always reaching for the ultimate marktet equilibrium and no market ever achieves it. At the moment there is def. an imbalance with BM having a considerable MU and with NI miners finding lots of it ... Soon the markup will go down to a point where it is not guaranteed for ppl mining on NI and def. making a profit.

Then we are back to where we where before NI was launched.

just my 2 cents

Angel

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    DRDoom
    Society
    Why So Serious
    Blog Entries
    Images

Thumbs Up

I think it's a good evolution.

It's like the global economy IRL, some materials are commonly available in parts of the world where there is no need for, but a high demand in other parts where the materials are rare.

This will it a bit more complex, but also more realistic with the transport costs to bring it from one planet to another.

Maybe it's more profitable for a crafter to craft on the planet where the materials can be found and sell it on another planet paying transport fee, or maybe it's more interesting to buy it at a higher MU and be able to sell his goods without traveling.

Or maybe this is a good thing for the shop owners who can buy stuff in bulk on one planet and sell it in their shops on the other planet.

I think it's interesting how this will evolve and bring the economy to a new level.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Arutha Calin Surana
    Society
    Delta Force
    Images
    Has anything official ever been said about PP's being able to choose what ores and enmats are located where? I've never seen anything. I imagine if they controlled it there would be less Lyst and more Langotz for ores. I see it as a balance issue and MA does all of the balancing for the Universe.
    Waiting for the changes that need to be made...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Undisclosed
    Society
    Swapped EU for Poker ;)
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh come now, you guys have and can see these strategies used all over in RL. Rare is rare, but it doesnt mean there cant be a gold rush (or bm rush in this case lol) Its hows cities were born in many cases (think )

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's a good evolution.

It's like the global economy IRL, some materials are commonly available in parts of the world where there is no need for, but a high demand in other parts where the materials are rare.

This will it a bit more complex, but also more realistic with the transport costs to bring it from one planet to another.

Maybe it's more profitable for a crafter to craft on the planet where the materials can be found and sell it on another planet paying transport fee, or maybe it's more interesting to buy it at a higher MU and be able to sell his goods without traveling.

Or maybe this is a good thing for the shop owners who can buy stuff in bulk on one planet and sell it in their shops on the other planet.

I think it's interesting how this will evolve and bring the economy to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyColdFinger View Post
    Oh come now, you guys have and can see these strategies used all over in RL. Rare is rare, but it doesnt mean there cant be a gold rush (or bm rush in this case lol) Its hows cities were born in many cases (think )

Can you please explain how this can be compared to RL where resources are not controlled by the country owning the land.

Case : A country in RL is being formed for instance. Do the residents/bureacrats or anyone else have any control in deciding what resource they would want on there land. Now imagine if a RL country could actually get gold/platinum filled on there land. How would the world react to that?? Planet partners are having that control and hence my question regarding the validity of such a point.

When we consider the dynamism of RL aspects, please also do consider the reality of what is controllable in RL and what is not.

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Corrianna Trina Xenophage
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    PP's having the ability to place resources where they wish is not probable..if it is I see potential for MAJOR problems down the road. More on that in a minute....

As for the BM it is MA's job to keep a balance. (Something they have not proven to be adept at in the past) This scenerio is playing out to me just like the fiacso a few years ago with Dunkel. Dunkel was a rare..BM is a rare.. At some point Dunkel was made common and was found by every nub and his six alt accounts. Bm is now being found by every nub and his 6 alt accounts. Dunkel was reevaluated and now is harder to find then the balancing manager on an intellegence comittee. Bm will soon have the same happen to it..

This will be great for the short term but once they readjust it it will become so scarce that Pokeballs will become near extinct. This is the MA way.. from one extreme to the other never an in between balance. Enjoy the rewards now as you shall reap the cost later.

If pp's dictate where resources are set then that would make it very easy to "Stack" all the good stuff in one place or to set every thing worth while in an environment that is either too easy to get (AKA bm now on NI) or to hard to get like on a LA where there are max mat and density of the hardest mob ingame. I think PP's can suggest what they want where but ultimately its up to MA to make sure its not all fucked up in its distribution. Time will tell if they are smart enough in the forefront to think of this or if their percieved "We dont give a shit" posture we see now will prevail.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    DRDoom
    Society
    Why So Serious
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    Can you please explain how this can be compared to RL where resources are not controlled by the country owning the land.

Case : A country in RL is being formed for instance. Do the residents/bureacrats or anyone else have any control in deciding what resource they would want on there land. Now imagine if a RL country could actually get gold/platinum filled on there land. How would the world react to that?? Planet partners are having that control and hence my question regarding the validity of such a point.

When we consider the dynamism of RL aspects, please also do consider the reality of what is controllable in RL and what is not.
    What a silly remark,

It's still a economy simulation, ofc. the parts of the world cannot choose what materials they have.
    But the planet partners can't either. MA can. And it's MA who is making it a bit more realistic this way.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Divinity Deth Undefined
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDoom View Post
    What a silly remark,

It's still a economy simulation, ofc. the parts of the world cannot choose what materials they have.
    But the planet partners can't either. MA can. And it's MA who is making it a bit more realistic this way.
    I think then there is a difference of perception.

You believe ( based on your comment) that MA decides what material is spawned where across all planets.

I believe that MA doesnt decide the resource itself, but just balances the quantity of the resource overall.
    Edit : To elaborate basically the ores/enmatter is not defined by MA but how much will be dropped is where MA comes in.

As to who is being silly, can only be known if someone can shed more light to the facts, considering both the above are suppositions at the moment.
    Last edited by Divinity; 01-21-2011 at 09:45. Reason: Had to make my point a little more clear

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast