Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

Marco|SDS

Prowler
Dear Calypsians,

I am thrilled that SEE Virtual Worlds (SEE VW) have gained the rights to Planet Calypso. First Planet Company has been rebranded as SEE Digital Studios and is now the development leg of SEE VW. SEE Digital Studios will be in charge of maintaining and developing Planet Calypso, as well as the development of Planet Michael.

As Managing Director for SEE Digital Studios, I am pleased to inform you that Planet Calypso will continue to be run by its established and experienced team. Joining the SEE family has presented us with a great opportunity to invest more human and financial resources in its development and marketing. As such, we are looking forward to a very successful year for Planet Calypso and its community.

The entire team is also excited as we prepare to move to our own offices here in Gothenburg, and take on new staff for the development of Planet Michael.

We recognize how important the fans and players are, and as it would be impossible to address all questions in this statement, I would like to invite you all to post your questions in the official Q&A thread that has been set up. The thread will be open for two days, after which we will compile the questions and publish information as quickly as possible.

Finally, SEE Virtual Worlds is committed to the Planet Calypso community and would like to thank you for your time and dedication as we enter this new chapter in our development.

Yours,

Marco Behrmann
Managing Director
SEE Digital Studios

Last edited:
Ty for posting this info!! Gratz to SEE for purchasing Planet Calypso! :D

I hope this will no divert the attention from Planet Calypso.

Planet Calypso is still by far the most important planet in the universe, without it EU would not survive and Planet Michael would not even come to existance.
However alot of work has to be done to make sure that Planet Calypso will stay the n1 planet to go to in this Universe...

so where is the official q&a thread?

hey Marco!

1.When the planet michael will be ready for the players (an ETA will be cool)..and what will be special about this planet ?
2. When the space will be open?:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

Well, hoping we will SEE a lot of development soon then ;)

Very cool! I'm excited to see where it takes us this year!

Well, hoping we will SEE a lot of development soon then ;)

1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

:laugh:

Chapter here, chapter there, SEE goooeess oooon, brah !
Lalalallala lol goes on ! -_-

just a litle typo in the text "development leg of SEE WV"

I can not believe Marco is doing planet michael... :banghead:

So, the people that started their adventure in a futuristic Sci-Fi Real Cash Economy, enthusiasticly hanging in there year after year after year, spending the funds to actually develop this world, these people are now on plan B, left in the cold.
"Thank you guys, it was fun for as long as it lasted, but now we are going to focus on a music planet, based on the greatest entertainer ever lived so far, thus drawing the attention of a gazillion of people that are fan of this man instead of hardcore gamers that love Sci-Fi themes. It's just a niche you know, not interesting enough for the big bugs to be made."

Q:
"Are you guys finally going to re-introduce taming or what?"
A:
"Nope sorry, not this year. Our programmers are working very hard on making Planet Micheal's avatars do a smooth Moonwalk."

One has gotta set priorities in business, right....

So, the people that started their adventure in a futuristic Sci-Fi Real Cash Economy, enthusiasticly hanging in there year after year after year, spending the funds to actually develop this world, these people are now on plan B, left in the cold.
"Thank you guys, it was fun for as long as it lasted, but now we are going to focus on a music planet, based on the greatest entertainer ever lived so far, thus drawing the attention of a gazillion of people that are fan of this man instead of hardcore gamers that love Sci-Fi themes. It's just a niche you know, not interesting enough for the big bugs to be made."

Q:
A:
"Nope sorry, not this year. Our programmers are working very hard on making Planet Micheal's avatars do a smooth Moonwalk."

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced." :(

hmmm

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced." :(

Have to I felt this disturbance in the Force, hmmmmm :yup:

This whole thing seems like a HUGE mess; let's see if I got this right:

1. MA splits, and forms FPC; many were asking why was this necessary, and we received a whole bunch of answers without an actual meaning.... until now.
The whole reason for this split was for MA to be able to sell it.

2. The more complicated the Management is, the more easier to manage it will become; as we saw already, blame will go around and no one will take responsibility.
Everyone will have their own little plans... yet most of it will never be implemented.

3. If you thought Financial Statements from MA were hard o interpret you have another thing coming.

4. Too little money for too many hands already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, I can only hope that this will more like the rebirth of Phoenix; I'm not giving up... not yet anyway, but it seems that I need to wait for at least another year to see what happens.

I can see a very good attention to the Force you pay, little padawans!

Short version of PE/EU/PC:
On the left side: MA/FPC/SDS
On the right side: PE/EU/PC Community

1.) :nutkick: then :better: then :trout:
repeat 1. until then end of days.

Ah! I forgot!
It's dynamic !!! (hmm the 3 ! remind me of a recent drama ^_^)

Most important is to keep the faith

:rofl:

.LeZ. :wtg:

PS: I wonder what does the SDS dev team think about Planet Michael development.... I would be pissed to have to develop that :s

The feeling was there a long time, it is just official now. Farewell to old Calypso was said a year and a half ago, so now I say farewell new Calypso.

The former FPC dev company will also be building the Universal Monster planet etc. Here is a quote from Marco about why they are the best choice of dev company for SEE and it's planets (specifically Planet Michael):

from Industry Gamers

IG: What will First Planet Company bring to the Planet Michael virtual world that no other developer could?

MB: Years of experience in the MMO development space within the Entropia Universe. First Planet Company, now SEE Digital Studios, has developed and maintained Planet Calypso for 8 years and is the leading developer in the Entropia Universe. They’re the best development partner we could have for Planet Michael.

Oh, he also pointed out something else that our immersive virtual worlds benefit from:

MB:
Updates and alterations in a virtual word literally take place several times a month, making it responsive in real time and with the very best and latest as gauged by the user.

:eyecrazy:

I feel like i dont have sufisant education to know at who i should speak about my dailly problem in game...
Sorry , i dont have a master in economie and business management to avoid tax and cheat around.

I dont understand anything anymore about all those compagny that buy and sell eatch other to some orgamisme.
Its getting way too complicated.

As a player i like to know who do what in my game...
Now i am not even abel to say the name of compagny i own it , who is responsible of what , and whorse , who get my money.

When i do the balance of game change vs administrative change , i know , i dont have my place here anymore.

Q:
A:

This is really on point.

What happens when resource are allocated to developing Planet Michael and then it flops (and it will be a huge flop) and Calypso is dead from lack of attention.

Marco,give us an ETA about Beacons,Taming,Beauty and others.
You say that team is busy with planet Michael,in this case we should stop play PA because we to busy to wait for planet Michael.
Give use the important updates,i don't wanna play Planet Michael,i;m still here because of Planet Calypso not because of other planets.

Back