Planet Calypso - The Next Chapter

maybe just maybe

Maybe one day Calypso's HOFs and ATHs will be fed by thousands of decaying Michael Jackson gloves as they go at it and beat it.

Maybe someone should just tell them to take a look at the "man in the mirror" and tell him to "beat it" because they're not "bad", they just plain stink and there's no gray area about it, it's simply "black or white." :)

2 week countdown for the response ends tomorrow...

2 week countdown for the response ends tomorrow... Will they have the answers to all the burning questions by then? Only time will tell. Stay tuned.

2 week countdown for the response ends tomorrow... Will they have the answers to all the burning questions by then? Only time will tell. Stay tuned.

We all by now that 2 weeks for them mean rather an "undefined number of weeks, but at lest two", where "undefined" can go towards infinity ;D And I doubt they will really answer _ALL_ questions.

We all by now that 2 weeks for them mean rather an "undefined number of weeks, but at lest two", where "undefined" can go towards infinity ;D And I doubt they will really answer _ALL_ questions.
Unfortunately, I think you may be correct, at least on some level, but lets give them the next 24 hours to respond before we jump to conclusions since that 2 week estimate should be ending sometime within that timeframe...

Hanne wrote 'ca. 2 weeks' so i wouldnt count on today, this could also be 3+ weeks without turning her message invalid.

Unfortunately, I think you may be correct, at least on some level, but lets give them the next 24 hours to respond before we jump to conclusions since that 2 week estimate should be ending sometime within that timeframe...

I think the response will be a statement with some selected (i.e. simple to answer) questions with no detail as usual and promises to keep on at MA to return the missing systems.

How bout you take 2 of your team members and make them PERMANENTLY in charge of improving planet calypso?

These 2 members should first and foremost focus on improving 2 cities every update without excuse.
2nd, they should focus on bringing back the beauty system and taming systems by the time VU 12 rolls around.
3rd, when the hell are you going to put a Auctioneer in Athena? It's been almost 2 full VU's and you STILL dont have an Auctioneer in there? wtf?!
Finally, would you please fix the god damn mining. I know most of you wanna make it to where there's no way possible for us to make decent turnover on mining, but this shit is getting rediculous.

When you see half of your playerbase sell out and quit, then it's pretty obvious things need to be changed. You can start doing so by implementing some of these things mentioned, as well as the other things people are bitching about the most, in other threads (see: Marco's (failed) Q/A Section)

Thank you,
Fi
Let's face it, mining without (arguably after-markup) at least breaking even is about as fun as black lung.

Well, the two weeks have passed...

01-29-2011 02:43 #299
Hanne|SDS
We will go through them at the office with the SDS/SEE staff and when ready compile a new information-thread with the answers here on the forum. Estimate ca. 2 weeks for the answer thread to be published. I'll make sure that when it's done and ready it'll be put on the frontpage as well.

you must understand there is a chain of ppl
lots of them undestand they got some questions and need to create answers
for some of them its a list and must by maded whitin some time

so there is no delay
, they are used not to count free days, and weekends in their work time
thats ..ca 2 weeks +- day or two afther first SDS update

or it goes official way ( SDS->MA->(unnamed mexican company)->MA->SDS-> Forum)
they count only office work time and then we can expect answers before summer

Well, the two weeks have passed...

I think its important to remember that the players are not a priority to MA or SEE. They have a plan and they are going to stick with it regardless of anything we say. Marco might say that their customers are important and that might be true - but that doesn't mean we are important. It just means they hope to attract the customers that want MA/SEE's vision of what Entropia will be.

All that being said, expect to be disappointed. I think most of the answers will only deal with the MA/SEE/FPC relationship as the merger/buyout was the genesis for this thread.

I think its important to remember that the players are not a priority to MA or SEE. They have a plan and they are going to stick with it regardless of anything we say. Marco might say that their customers are important and that might be true - but that doesn't mean we are important. It just means they hope to attract the customers that want MA/SEE's vision of what Entropia will be.

All that being said, expect to be disappointed. I think most of the answers will only deal with the MA/SEE/FPC relationship as the merger/buyout was the genesis for this thread.

Humm *shocked look* has it been two weeks already? I didn't notice!?.... ;)

Like I said in one of my previous posts they're probably "debating" with MindArk still or something. :p

~Danimal

17 days so far. So thats still about 2 weeks, but looks like its going to be at least 3 weeks and quite possibly longer.

.....Watch them take a month to say basically nothing......

This is part of the reason they shouldn't talk to their customers. If they say it'll take about two weeks then some people in the community decide it means exactly two weeks or they are a bunch of liars.

This is part of the reason they shouldn't talk to their customers. If they say it'll take about two weeks then some people in the community decide it means exactly two weeks or they are a bunch of liars.

Not so much liars as just having no clue what they are doing.:yup:

No Karmic, its about respect for their customers ...US! Although I have been one fo their harshest critics, its not because they have a poor product....its because they have poor service. A lot of what is being asked for, again and again, is VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO DO. Communicate with their customers, keep us informed, let us know if there are hiccups, don't promise things you cant deliver!
Simple and easy.
They do have a great product, it is their delivery and commitment to finishing things that is letting it down.

No Karmic, its about respect for their customers ...US! Although I have been one fo their harshest critics, its not because they have a poor product....its because they have poor service. A lot of what is being asked for, again and again, is VERY SIMPLE AND EASY TO DO. Communicate with their customers, keep us informed, let us know if there are hiccups, don't promise things you cant deliver!
Simple and easy.
They do have a great product, it is their delivery and commitment to finishing things that is letting it down.
Prime nutshelled the situation :wise:

I think they should rather choose a time frame they can hold for sure. Would they have estimated three weeks and told us four it would be fine, but estimating six and telling us two is a bit dumb :D

I think they should rather choose a time frame they can hold for sure. Would they have estimated three weeks and told us four it would be fine, but estimating six and telling us two is a bit dumb :D
Just remember the roadmap called for taming to be back in 2010... Hopefully at least most of the answers come before 2012. (hopefully we'll see a response in the next week, but I'm not counting on it).

I don't know if you're all stupid or just... well.

You seriously expected an answer so fast from MA? You know the adage about history repeating yeah..

(when I say MA, SEE = FPC = MA, it's the same company with the same members running the same "scam" (or skam? hahah))

Just remember the roadmap called for taming to be back in 2010... Hopefully at least most of the answers come before 2012. (hopefully we'll see a response in the next week, but I'm not counting on it).

Just remember the roadmap for the Cryengine, which came afterwards with 15 months delay ;D

Just remember the roadmap for the Cryengine, which came afterwards with 15 months delay ;D

hmmm then again this one is as complex as writing a forum post...
maybe that only takes 15 weeks?
15 days was obviously too hard.

It's not nice to leave folks stuck on cliffhangers... When we flip the page, we are looking for that "next chapter" but so far all we got is silence and a blank page staring back at us...

cliffhangers is what David thinks makes the whole thing interesting. Remember the interview where he said, he believes that loose ends make everything more interesting.

Back