Q&A Thread - The Next Chapter

Status
You will have MA doing the platform. SEE managing the planet. FPC|SEE developing the planet.

That's another level.

Uh, no. You don't think FPC has management and development sections?

It was MA -> FPC, now it's MA -> SEE. Stop trying to split hairs and find stuff to criticize. There is legitimate stuff to criticize without making stuff up.

I don't see that as an exciting news after all. We have seen it before with dividing main company into 2 smaller ones. As a player I haven't notice any improvement then and I doubt I will see any right now.

So only one question for now :

"Would you at last hire some wiser loot balance manager?" The perfect person would be the one who doesn't know a word: dynamic

Gratz for the new chapter, but I must admit i am curious about the author... who is he?:rolleyes:

Question: When will our beloved Kerberos be recreated? Seems the species is extinct since Typhon impact... :confused:

.LeZ. :wtg:

Are you going to tie up all the loose ends from previous stories? Either through another event that answers a lot of questions, or via missions? There is so much left unfinished in this regard.

Furthermore are you actually going to hire a writer who can make a good story - I mean other than spam a few mobs to kill, then just end it? I mean the Harbringer event was kinda disappointing the way it ended. Oh, and what about big story events for all professions instead of just hunters?

Will you stop adding new content and focus your team towards reimplementing the old systems? Okay the vehicles were cool, but other than that why is it you feel you must divert resources to add new content and ignore the other stuff? With Medusa I guess you were hoping for a big sale for publicity, but why try and publicise a half-finished planet?

q#1: are we at war with the robots still or did we win?
q#2: do you want more ppl to join the game, and if so.. how do you plan on advertising it?
q#3: will calypso be a civilised planet in the end, or will it always be like it "is" (was 4-5 years ago)
q#4: can everything still drop (except clothes) from mobs?
q#5: did M.J die or is he still alive, and if he did die.. why are you making a planet dedicated to a dead pedofile? I mean.. can't you refuse? you need money that badly? Im gonna ask "motståndsrörelsen" in sweden if they wanna invest in a nazi planet.
q#6: WTF were you thinking!? :eyecrazy: Michael Jackson?!?!?! (you don't need to answer.. I already know the answer)
q#7: will we be able to turn off the HOF/global msg from other planets?

I would like to wish you all a big phat good luck in the future.. EU is a big part of my life and I really want too continue playing this awesome "game" even if it is far from what I started playing years ago.. and a free tip (no need to reward me with any HOF's or full supremacy at all :p)... DETAIL's is the key..

Marco,give us an ETA about Beacons,Taming,Beauty and others.
You say that team is busy with planet Michael,in this case we should stop play PA because we to busy to wait for planet Michael.
Give use the important updates,i don't wanna play Planet Michael,i;m still here because of Planet Calypso not because of other planets.

When are we going to actually be able to travel to Akbal and/or Cimi?

Will Planet Micheal be "Earth"?!? Will that Mars Space Base be near it that we can go to?

When will loose ends to stories that have been going on for years be tied up?!? (Orbs, Egg, etc.)

http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/EU_History
Will we see more Odysseus Probes and/or Planets that they have gone to?
a total of seven large Odysseus probes were assembled on orbital space stations.

Jump Rails, Shield Generators and the creation of Antimatter? Nanoships? Energy Shields? Time Flux? Mars colony? Space Gates? Hyper Link Beacons? GAIA, the Global Artificially Intelligent? Where are these things in game?!?

http://unionova.eu/eu/history/starsystem/
Is the info at the above link actual "official," and can will we ever be able to go to these "planets"?

When is the "future" that is alluded to in this pic, and what "utilities" is it referring to? (I'm hoping this might be location of a future factory since Omegaton is a bit of a namebrand in game)
owh.jpg

just one question.......
does SEE plan do do the most important thing a game company can do for their player base, advertise?

The old systems: If we are even getting them back (big IF at this point) do you have any rough ETAs for us at least?

Land areas and DNA: As posted earlier there is a large amount of empty land areas and very little creatable DNA for them.

On the topic of LAs: Do you have any plans of ever repossessing Nostrop's lands? some of those have unique DNA and would be highly prized on the market.

Calypso and Planet Michael: Putting aside my own views on such a planet, SEEing as SDS (formerly FPC) is going to be "continuing management of Calypso and developing planet Michael", Which planet will be the focus for development? (SEE all the other posts on missing systems/storylines never finished)

On the topic of LAs: Do you have any plans of ever repossessing Nostrop's lands? some of those have unique DNA and would be highly prized on the market.

As I recall, back when this happened Marco said an official statement would issued shortly. Over the past few years, i'm sure he's just been busy.:laugh:
I expect it's "coming soon" :laugh:

On a serious note, great question. Expect no answer. ;)

Another question :

Is it possible to buy the old Project Entropia game ? with graphics engine and all ?

Nope can't think of any question i would like to ask...

GL with everything though

It is what it is....

Good day to you all.

You know, its funny. I still have the email that was sent to me back in late 2004 ADVERTISING Project Entropia and thinking, man this sounds like something I need to jump on. Started reading about it, found out it had a real cash economy and that made it even better. And yes I was one of the people who thought I’m going to be rich.

Well here it is 6 years later and I’m only rich in the friendships I have made lol. But many of you old heads that have been here from the start and really the ones who have written guides on playing EU should understand your own words. As in why loot is not any more then what it is or how often you get a BIG ASS HOF. If that were the case, how could MA have stayed in business right???? Because at the end of the day it’s really all about running a business and making as much profit with little investment of your own money. As it stands, MA has done that very well. If that were not the case, they would not have other investors ready to jump on board and take part…. Don’t be fooled by an end of the physical year financial report.

So we all could ask all kinds of questions until we are blue in the face waiting on REAL ACTIONS, not answers ACTIONS. So really why even waist time? Just keep playing the game and hopeing for the best as many of us have done for years or stop playing and move on. Either way it’s not going to hurt MA one-way or another. There will always be another BIG spender that will always PLAY the game until they go out of business.

Don’t get me wrong; I would love to get some ACTION on the questions that have been asked. But I already know that we will get just enough done to pacify us…. It is what it is….

I my self have been here this long, so I guess I will stick around to see what happens.

So here’s my questions :rolleyes:

1. If you guys want to grow and play with the big boys and make a name for your self, why not put a plan into action as to how you can take the company public and start offering stock options? :tongue2:

2. Can you set me up in the sever where I can can get some HOF’s this year? :wtg:

Congratulations on the new alliance -- I hope this leads to increased resources for development and marketing of Calypso.

We can lend our vehicles to other players with the assurance they will be returned to us. Are there plans to extend this feature to other assets?

Will there be additional features and functions for societies? Will societies be able to "own" assets for the use of their members -- eg an estate as a society home, a society shop, or other assets for use of society members?

Will we have the ability to determine when a society member last logged into the game?

Will corporations be introduced into the game?

Will you be able to access and use any of the creative talent within the Universal and Jackson organizations? And will Calypso see any benefit from collaboration with these organizations?

Thanks for taking the questions and I look forward to your responses. If you cannot give a definitive answer to a question I hope you will acknowledge the question and let us know that the issue is or is not being considered.

one more - Is this the beginning of a new and sustained dialogue with the community?

and one more again - What is your vision for the future of Calypso?

Last edited:
We mounted the small hill, five of us fully geared. Ahead lay the robots of Akbal-Cimi. We knew we couldn't defeat them. Maybe we could just hold them until reinforcements arrived. The commander spit out his cigar and looked at us. We all nodded. A shrill whine went up from our guns as we activated them. We swung our FAP kits forward, hoping that we could withstand the fierce pounding of the robot weapons.

We began to run forward down the hill, screaming "For Calypso!" The robots, hundreds of them, turned to face us and marched forward with their usual lack of affectation. Whatever mind or intelligence that had been controlling them for these decades of war from remote planets parsecs away issued the attack order and they attacked. We emptied our ammunition as fast as we could but we were overwhelmed within a few minutes. The commander was trying to scream to us to retreat but we couldn't hear him. Two of us had fallen down and begun to crawl away, seeking some type of deliverance from the carnage.

Suddenly, a circular wave of blue energy spread out from behind us. As it moved forward, it incinerated the robots. Hundreds of robots were destroyed and fell! The horrible clanging of their weapons ceased! Their circuits popped and fizzed as they broke apart and sunk into the ground. The blue energy was unlike anything we had seen, much more destructive than even the toughest mindforce chips. Smoke surrounded everything. We were saved.

When the robot sounds stopped, we could hear something like music. It seemed impossible to us in the midst of this brutal carnage, but, sure enough, music was coming from behind us. The smoke started to clear and we beheld a warrior dressed in a sharp, white suit behind us on the hill. His body moved in a rhythmic display, almost like dance. Somehow, this man with no weapons had created the blue energy wave by...dancing.

He stopped.

He tilted his white hat at us.

He looked out beyond us at all the destroyed robots and he said,

"You been hit by...You been struck by. A smooth criminal."

Here is one more questions for you Marco.

Do you and/or your staff feel insulted at times by some of comments, from some of community members ?

If I ever did in the past, I apologize for that. :ahh:

I ask this question, as I see an increase of comments that could be received as insulting, or hurtful.

but now it's not 18+ anymore it can't be a cigar. it has to be a licorice.

I see u have to answer LOTs of question....

But I want to know 2 questions so far:

When will mentoring comes back?
And what about the disciples that were at lets say 90% when mentoring went off? Will i ever get rewarded now as they are done?

I see u have to answer LOTs of question....

But I want to know 2 questions so far:

When will mentoring comes back?
And what about the disciples that were at lets say 90% when mentoring went off? Will i ever get rewarded now as they are done?

Hooo yea, 20 loot windows with Opalo MEs :D !!!!!!

with regards to planet Michael, dont you think you are going to alienate miners even further......as they wont be allowed there after dark? :yup:

Hi Marco (and others).
We understand, that you are not responsible for the timelines of introducing new or old technology features (like taming etc).

Do you have the feeling, the communication between you and player base is good or bad?
Do you believe, it would be good for the community to have exact timelines like other games, like when to expect new releases? And to learn, when missing features will come?
Are you concerned by all the hate topics in the forum or you think, most of the players are happy?
Will SEE now do a better job in communication and expectation setting, or will the communication stay as it was the past year?

According to a vote on the forum, 60%+ of the players deposit same less than the years before. Is that true or is the income stable/increasing?

I understand, that you cannot give exact head counts who works on what. But is it possible to give a rough estimation how your budget is planned?
Like x% to planet Calypso, y% to other projects.
x% to story, y% to missions, z% to visual redesign, a% to new models etc

Does this mean that MA is in even more financial trouble than ever since it needs to sell its own planet and sub-company to another company?

Uhm, Planet Calypso were FPCs planet, not MAs planet.

Also, Marco said from the start that they were a seperate company, didn't he? :scratch2:

And thirdly, I think FPC 'joined' SEE to get more resources and a better budget, as Marco mentioned in the post about it...

What will happen to SEE & Planet Calypso if Planet MJ proves to be a financial disaster?

They already did lower the cost to play by introducing puny mobs and rookie gear. Hit up your local TT and buy a rookie gun and then tell me EU is too expensive.
You can play for cheap. Problem is people want to play big cheap. You can do one or the other, not both.

First off, the question was for the q/a and not to u, but since u were kind enough to answer i will return the same favour and be more specific ;)
So yes, anyone can buy tt equipment and drop 10 bombs per run, hunt young snable snots or dakibas with pixie armor. All this probably fits into a 15-20 usd per month budget.
However, this is exactly where the problem is, which player wants to kill mosquitos and craft filters after spending 5 years in the same mmo ?, while in any other mmo with some dedication u can and will have top gear and hunt the biggest mobs, craft the nicest items etc and all in less time then 5 years. Most other gamers i have met would never play a game that doesnt move the character forward.
So to return to my original question, really, how many players that arent already playing entropia do you think are out there that are willing to begin this game with the knowledge that unless u deposit thousands of usd there is no chance of reaching any kind of decent gaming level or decent gear. In the end rce or not, entropia is just another mmo and one that imo is seriously lacking players for good reason, namely, way to expensive to play on mid/high level.

We mounted the small hill, five of us fully geared. Ahead lay the robots of Akbal-Cimi. We knew we couldn't defeat them. Maybe we could just hold them until reinforcements arrived. The commander spit out his cigar and looked at us. We all nodded. A shrill whine went up from our guns as we activated them. We swung our FAP kits forward, hoping that we could withstand the fierce pounding of the robot weapons.

We began to run forward down the hill, screaming "For Calypso!" The robots, hundreds of them, turned to face us and marched forward with their usual lack of affectation. Whatever mind or intelligence that had been controlling them for these decades of war from remote planets parsecs away issued the attack order and they attacked. We emptied our ammunition as fast as we could but we were overwhelmed within a few minutes. The commander was trying to scream to us to retreat but we couldn't hear him. Two of us had fallen down and begun to crawl away, seeking some type of deliverance from the carnage.

Suddenly, a circular wave of blue energy spread out from behind us. As it moved forward, it incinerated the robots. Hundreds of robots were destroyed and fell! The horrible clanging of their weapons ceased! Their circuits popped and fizzed as they broke apart and sunk into the ground. The blue energy was unlike anything we had seen, much more destructive than even the toughest mindforce chips. Smoke surrounded everything. We were saved.

When the robot sounds stopped, we could hear something like music. It seemed impossible to us in the midst of this brutal carnage, but, sure enough, music was coming from behind us. The smoke started to clear and we beheld a warrior dressed in a sharp, white suit behind us on the hill. His body moved in a rhythmic display, almost like dance. Somehow, this man with no weapons had created the blue energy wave by...dancing.

He stopped.

He tilted his white hat at us.

He looked out beyond us at all the destroyed robots and he said,

"You been hit by...You been struck by. A smooth criminal."

+rep for Genius.

An important question i and SURE many others wants to know:

How many accounts are signed in PE so far?
You may say there is 2x accounts or so...

So I ask, how many accounts are playing atleast once a week or once each 2 weeks? Also the total of people.

I need this info to brag about this "game" to others like saying we are about 1k-100k-1M or what ever...

Please answer this and from the other players too. Take your time, but answer ALL after a certain time :D

/Rock

Have to say when I first heard about Planet Michael I treated it the same as the egg ever hatching, Duke Nukem Forever coming out etc.

So my additional simple question is:

Will we be able to shoot stuff on Planet Michael?

If not I'll have to judge it as....

michael_jackson_bad.jpg

Status
Back