- Content of Oblivion -

Status

McCormick

Deactivated Account
Society
La Faction Beta -LFB-

harvester.gif

Harvesting was mentioned back in 2000 and the harvester tool was there...as an image.
(H-50 Farmhand Alpha)

And somewhere in Marcos "dreams" he mentioned gardening...

meatex.gif

The meat extractor was there..as an image.
(mlx-440)

Use MeatExtractor with Longu Carcass!

And "the old textfiles" mentioned "the building and combining of continents"...

foodpack.gif

The foodpacks were there...as an image.
(VU 3.4)

This thing was called FC-100 Food-Mate :

There also was a PCE-50 Field mate :

You can get additional infos about 5 old tools in this post by Jane QPO Doe :
Something-old Thank you QPO ! :)

Ahhh the Stahlsteiner! We expect a shipment soon !

SooOOoooOOoooOoooOonnn....

Post #233 will tell you about the "Heavy Weapons Skill", which still uses the Laganaus personal Cannon Smybol in 2012, even if MArco said it will be finally fixed in 2007/2008.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?205880-Content-of-Oblivion&p=3039608&viewfull=1#post3039608

taming.jpg

2005, the 1st stage of taming.

Dr. Niels Barton came to us in 2005.
He mentioned the "Soul Disruptor"...which we never heard of again.
Then we found his finger and created the Globster from its DNA.
(Im sure Niels would be proud of the way his DNA was used.)

Facial Emotes! So funny in 2005...

ce2_emotes.jpg

Could be funny in CryEngine 2 as well...but...you know...

We could even sit down in 2005. In 2009 Marco mentioned Prone-mode ! =D
(Needless to say, that "Sit&Prone" werent mentioned again.)

stadium.jpeg

The mega CND Sports Stadium where...
(2005)

Update: 2011 - ...you can now drive your vehicle on a 2003 3D track !
F.O.M.A. Stadium is now there ! Wohoooo... -_-

The Thorio Temple had a short appereance in an Episode of "Content in-Content Out". (2005)

The "robot factory"...or vehicle garage...or...whatever. -_-
It joined us in 2006 and was left behind.

z1.jpg

Also the Cash Card made its appereance in 2006.
(It will never be forgotten) ;)

Who has not heard of it ? The infamous tower south of Pandora. Awesome...

Instead of putting all the shops and malls to Hadesheim,
MA was creating the malls and removed Hadesheim.
Boom!

Who could forget the 1st Golden Wedding Band from 2008 ? =)

fishingrod.jpg

2008, when fishing got introduced...partly...erm...no, not really.
(in mid 2012 Kim Timkrans said in an interview that the fishing system is ready and fishing will be somewhat different then anything else)

Marco: Fishing is fun!

Ahhhh the egg ! R.i.P.

(btw. The Egg got looted in july of 2006)

Minopolis...
(image by delerium)

The Golf C(o)urse of Planet Calypso :
Somewhere in 2009 a gigantic, well designed golf course got introduced...non funtional of course... and then removed...because it was considered "a step into the wrong direction". (Click the link to see the image)

Feffoid Trader

Back in the days Faucervix was a small cuddly mob.
Its current size blocks your movement and makes you miss your shots,
because it attacks you from "inside"...it sucks, if you know what I mean.

argo1.jpg

After the Rituals Argonauts became ugly mutated 3d models.

argo3000.jpg

Never mess with the Satan !

Umbranoids and their towns ?
Not important, they were just part of the main-story...
(1st wave of colonists, contaminated by the robots, hunted by the 2nd wave...sick.)

mf_chips.gif

Huge mindforce update ?
Yea, some new chips + kindergarten graphics...
(Counts for chip design and mf-animation)

Which reminds of the new scanner sound and graphic effect...
investafoe.jpg

Who came up with that brilliant idea ?

Ahhhh the malls with its landing platforms !

mall.jpg

Big announcements of the "Landing Platforms" on top of it back then.

Yea, you as a mall owner can be proud of it now. The "for future-use" is now here !

But where the hell did the landing platform go... ?

mall_top.jpg

The former Landing Platforms in Twin Peaks were cool though. :)
oldtwins.jpg

Which reminds me of the shop decoration competition...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?164003-Shop-Design-Competition

Or what happened to the ESA Project, announced 1 year ago ?

esa_space_game.jpg

Thats the way MA works.

akbal_cimi2.jpg

And what did the Mayas have to do with Akbal Cimi ?

Want more ?

Build your own robot ?
Weather affecting equipment ?
Handgrenades ?
Upgrade Replicator ?
Factories ?
Star ship with a crew of 100 = major epic battles in the sky ?
Nocturnal mobs ?
IPO, MindBank ?
Vehicles of the 80s ?
Create towns ?
Love of detail ?
Points of interest ?
CE2totheMAX ?
F.O.M.A Stadium ?

Watch out for Part 2 of "Content of Oblivion"

Preview of Part 2 here : Content of Oblivion Part 2 (preview)

Last edited:
Pretty much sums it up.

ha ha can't wait for part two and can only guess what's comming lol

Nice easy to understand graphics to go with the explanations, which even Marco may understand :laugh: (joking Marco please don't kill my loot :eyecrazy:)

Very good post +rep McCormick

I have all of those beat.

Thanks for the coffee. The MA/FPC offices are bustling with energy and final tests and tweaks. No ETA yet.

(but I can say that I today took steps for the future, to remove the "No Loot"-system from mobs! More info will come late fall. Would you like that? ,-)

+Rep McCormick very interesting post. That is a lot of ideas that...would have been awesome had they been implemented.

all good points. Might +rep you later if I get around to being on a computer that does not hide the rep plus window behind the other frames on forum.

+rep...

Excelent post.... Im laughing good... but realised later I should be crying....

Havnt you started enough of theese threads already where you cry about what could have been ?

It made me cry!

... how the hell can anyone be so impotent????

So damn nice to see all these in one thread..

Can't wait for the next installment :D

+rep

I was not yet arrived on Calypso but ...

What about the terminal where we could buy shares of I don't know what?
I guess it was interesting.

Havnt you started enough of theese threads already where you cry about what could have been ?

Okay, again, just for you:

This is not a "what could have been if". This was created to show the way MA/FPC/SEE is working and continues to work.

Introduce halfready stuff (A), to let it become useless or forgotten, just to introduce another halfready thing (B), to divert us from (A).

Then throw out announcements about (A) & (B) & (C), where (C) will never happen, but (A) & (B) will be brought back to our memories and how cool they could be, if (C) would have already made it in. Then (A) & (B) will be mentioned here and there jsut to announce (E) one day. (E) will be of course like (A) & (B), but not as (C), as (C) will never make it.

Cant you SEE ?

The community on the forum is saddened more then ever ! Or do you simply deny it ? This is not just crying and whining anymore. Seriously, dont try to make me silent by telling me Im acting as a whiner. :S

What about the terminal where we could buy shares of I don't know what?
I guess it was interesting.

You mean the one with fake shares from two different fake companies? I heard they removed it because of legality issues or something, and gave everyone back 200% of what they had paid... :dunno:

The community on the forum is saddened more then ever ! Or do you simply deny it ? This is not just crying and whining anymore. Seriously, dont try to make me silent by telling me Im acting as a whiner. :S

To be honest, I think there are a few who are a little worried about the value of their inventory. If I was holding on to a Imp Fap or a Shadow Harness I'd be worried.

To be honest, I think there are a few who are a little worried about the value of their inventory. If I was holding on to a Imp Fap or a Shadow Harness I'd be worried.

To be fair I dont own anything in game that bothers me....But the game I love and have/had such high hopes for seeps to be slipping away :(I makes me so sad... Its so much more than money! :eek:

You forgot that in the olden days, they just bought out their mistakes... which is why the booth owners in Hadeshiem got shopkeepers in 2008 for their estate bugs/problems (at least according to Skippie), and why the "personal revives" were bought out of existence because they unbalanced things.

These days, we just get a promise that things will be fixed someday, then then we wait, and wait, and wait some more... and it just goes on and on until it's at a critical mass, then Marco does some huge q and a session again every couple of years to give us hope again and open our wallets... We can only hope in this go round that it'll be more serious then in the past, and they will actually change things and fix things which should have been fixed years ago before proceeding..

If a problem comes now, we just see it go away with no word on any eta on when it'll be back or fixed... all the old systems from pre vu 10, n00b clubs, estate bugs, etc. Hanne, and whoever else from FPC (now SEE) who was watching over the forums would tell us to send in support tickets... the responses from those were that the issue is handled by another department that the issue was forwarded to, and that there is no eta on any of it being fixed... then silence again for eons.

With the most recent estate bugs, it was funny that I was sent the email more or less giving me a notification to take action in 24 hours or less, like there was this big bad thing that would happen if I did not meet the deadline... so I took action, and what do you know, no one else abusing the same darn thing gets any warning, no version update is done to fix it, and the mall shops that are near the entry that new people take in to this awesome planet is now laggy as heck for some because they did nothing about the problem in the main place that they should have done it... PA is where there's always lots of avatars. Omegaton has some traffic, but nowhere near that level, yet the PA mall shop owners abusing the system are still doing so today I believe because not a blasted thing has been done to fix the problem. I did ask them to remove the stuff from the booth, which they did, but before they did that, they should have told me that the booth bug was not going to be fixed... just another problem that goes on and on and on where certain individuals are treated differently than others. So much for the "all avatars are equal" idea.

Last edited:

It is the things that are missing or told to us that will be coming and never do that could end up making things in game worthless.:wise:

Not to mention the crappy loot return.:mad:

+ rep for sure!!! McC you rock dude!!:wtg:

Sorry for the following rant, but this seems the perfect place for it...

MA and cohorts... READ THIS THREAD!! We have been the most forgiving group of people for many years. It can't last. You MUST get your $hit together, and fast!

These are the types of things that cause revolutions, not that I expect all out war. It's not one or two or even ten things that piss people off... It's the regularity of it, the sheer mass quantity of treating people like crap, the obvious total lack of respect and appreciation for "the little people".

People may laugh or cry at threads like this, but you MA should lower your heads in shame!!! Of course nobody from MA is probably reading this or any other post from the customers of the Planet Partners (MA doesn't see us as their customers right?) because it's not their problem.

Well crap, MA should have a person who's job it is to read and report on every single post in every forum and article ever written about EU. See what the people feel, expect, want, and do somethong about it!

Now... Planet Partners... We the people are your lifeblood. When MA screws us YOU should be the first ones to stand up to them and DEMAND that they fix things quickly, implement things quickly, fulfill the promises to the people. These things must be done rapidly and without bugs for MA and the PP's to survive. It must be done with precision and utmost respect for the end-users for MA and the PP's to thrive!

Please for all of our sakes, pull your heads out of your collective a$$es and get your $shit together so EU can thrive and be what we all want it to be!!!!!!

This thread is awesome sauce but please tell me that fishing pole pic is fake.

Status
Back