- Content of Oblivion -

Status
+ rep for sure!!! McC you rock dude!!:wtg:

Sorry for the following rant, but this seems the perfect place for it...

MA and cohorts... READ THIS THREAD!! We have been the most forgiving group of people for many years. It can't last. You MUST get your $hit together, and fast!

These are the types of things that cause revolutions, not that I expect all out war. It's not one or two or even ten things that piss people off... It's the regularity of it, the sheer mass quantity of treating people like crap, the obvious total lack of respect and appreciation for "the little people".

People may laugh or cry at threads like this, but you MA should lower your heads in shame!!! Of course nobody from MA is probably reading this or any other post from the customers of the Planet Partners (MA doesn't see us as their customers right?) because it's not their problem.

Well crap, MA should have a person who's job it is to read and report on every single post in every forum and article ever written about EU. See what the people feel, expect, want, and do somethong about it!

Now... Planet Partners... We the people are your lifeblood. When MA screws us YOU should be the first ones to stand up to them and DEMAND that they fix things quickly, implement things quickly, fulfill the promises to the people. These things must be done rapidly and without bugs for MA and the PP's to survive. It must be done with precision and utmost respect for the end-users for MA and the PP's to thrive!

Please for all of our sakes, pull your heads out of your collective a$$es and get your $shit together so EU can thrive and be what we all want it to be!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you for this post!

Did they ever do the Mall Shop competition?

MA and cohorts... READ THIS THREAD!! We have been the most forgiving group of people for many years. It can't last. You MUST get your $hit together, and fast!

These are the types of things that cause revolutions, not that I expect all out war. It's not one or two or even ten things that piss people off... It's the regularity of it, the sheer mass quantity of treating people like crap, the obvious total lack of respect and appreciation for "the little people".

There have been endless similar threads where somebody reminds of a forgotten or neglected aspect of the game and there have been countless others posts and threads where people have claimed the very same thing you did both with prettier and uglier terms, but nothing is ever done.

Addiction to the game, conformism and/or fear of reprisal just makes ppl carry on with what they were doing. No matter how pissed off they are, they still deposit (or don't) but nobody ever manages to step on MA's toes (on their pocket, which is where it hurts, and the only place they care for), so they continue treating people like crap, whether consciously or not. The one and only attempt of a strike I remember ended up with the "leader" being locked (or was it just threatened to be locked?) and so everybody shat their pants from then on to organize and do something about anything.

This, like any of the other such posts, or reminding threads will have absolutely 0 effect on anything. Brute force and the (de facto legally void) EULA in the end are intimidating enough for people to not actually actively seek out what they wanted this game to be anymore.

As for the thread itself: nice compilation McCormick.

Last edited:
Dont forget ORBs

Havnt you started enough of theese threads already where you cry about what could have been ?

Hey genious (sorry was a bit rude of me)...someone has to hold them accountable for empty promises and the keeping of the freaking storyline...grrr

You mean the one with fake shares from two different fake companies? I heard they removed it because of legality issues or something, and gave everyone back 200% of what they had paid... :dunno:

Yes, that's it.
Legality is weird sometimes.
I would have buy some of these shares since I arrived if it still exists.
Could be a nice way to keep Peds in game instead of super high TT value of items.

Thanx to put better words than mine on what I wanted to say. ;)

shame on you MA :eyecrazy:

the true about entropia!

+rep

Thanks for the great flash back!! :D

With any luck and a whole lot of calypsians making some noise, maybe there can be some changes for the better!! :)

Okay, again, just for you:

This is not a "what could have been if". This was created to show the way MA/FPC/SEE is working and continues to work.

Introduce halfready stuff (A), to let it become useless or forgotten, just to introduce another halfready thing (B), to divert us from (A).

Then throw out announcements about (A) & (B) & (C), where (C) will never happen, but (A) & (B) will be brought back to our memories and how cool they could be, if (C) would have already made it in. Then (A) & (B) will be mentioned here and there jsut to announce (E) one day. (E) will be of course like (A) & (B), but not as (C), as (C) will never make it.

Cant you SEE ?

The community on the forum is saddened more then ever ! Or do you simply deny it ? This is not just crying and whining anymore. Seriously, dont try to make me silent by telling me Im acting as a whiner. :S

Someone gotta step up and be a antipod to McCormick because offcourse you gonna get a loyal fanclub for ONCE being a creative and fun guy who did fun videos but lately turned out to be a grumpy figure looking back !
It is what it is and noone is 100% happy and ever will be. I challenge you to start making all the games you love into RCE worlds instead of trying to beat Entropia into your personal fantasy! Why not start spamming their forums ?
You think Mindark and FPC are the first companys in history that made a false vision or promise ? Welcome to reality my friend. There are factors like economy evolving 24/7 and nothing comes for free !
It sucks and for sure im not happy with it and havnt been in past time either but atleast ive realised that it is what it is. It just doesnt seem easy !!
Entropia is built to last for decades to come and you are worried about that some stuff have been postponed a few monts ? I bet they never did have a very big input on economy in the first place. They have a big input for a few avatars sadly but in the whole picture not alot.

Time to mine !
Enjoy what you can ;)

PS. Wanna know why mostly people who are sad are heard on the forums? Because the creative and happy people realised long time ago they get beat up here for trying and they get beat up when they dont, so they moved on !

Last edited:
Did they ever do the Mall Shop competition?

nop...just 1 year latte.. lets wait an other year before screaming...

MA time tax make almost every singel things in that game late of 2 years.

in other hand , maybe its time for the old grumpy to forget the past , and watch for future...

We are here like some teenager crying after the girl that just break his heart.We are now adult , and its maybe time to go for some other girl that will be probably way better...
Crying over and over for that first girl will just make you sad all your life.Watching the shiny side , and go to meet some other girl will probably help you to meet the real love...

Last edited:
Thx for the reminder Mc Cormick!
But i belive its like in RL, we get pissed on the leaders, we adapt and continue.
Is there something we can do about it ?
Nah i doubt it tbh.

Tho as in RL one thing is clear, newer forget the historie, that learn us to live in the future!
Peace & out :)

Someone gotta step up and be a antipod to McCormick because offcourse you gonna get a loyal fanclub for ONCE being a creative and fun guy who did fun videos but lately turned out to be a grumpy figure looking back !
It is what it is and noone is 100% happy and ever will be. I challenge you to start making all the games you love into RCE worlds instead of trying to beat Entropia into your personal fantasy! Why not start spamming their forums ?
You think Mindark and FPC are the first companys in history that made a false vision or promise ? Welcome to reality my friend. There are factors like economy evolving 24/7 and nothing comes for free !
It sucks and for sure im not happy with it and havnt been in past time either but atleast ive realised that it is what it is. It just doesnt seem easy !!
Entropia is built to last for decades to come and you are worried about that some stuff have been postponed a few monts ? I bet they never did have a very big input on economy in the first place. They have a big input for a few avatars sadly but in the whole picture not alot.

Time to mine !
Enjoy what you can ;)

PS. Wanna know why mostly people who are sad are heard on the forums? Because the creative and happy people realised long time ago they get beat up here for trying and they get beat up when they dont, so they moved on !

Months? you mean like... ~16 months in the case of the pre VU10 systems that are still gone?

How many months has it been since the egg was found?

Some of the things brought up by McCormick's OP were YEARS old and still haven't been delivered on.

If it were a question of a month or two it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Bottom line, I don't like being lied to. And that's exactly what MA has done. You say it's the same with most other MMOs, fine, I guess if everyone is doing it then it must be ok.

The xfire building in the old port atlantis has also never returned :scratch2:

Months? you mean like... ~16 months in the case of the pre VU10 systems that are still gone?

How many months has it been since the egg was found?

Some of the things brought up by McCormick's OP were YEARS old and still haven't been delivered on.

If it were a question of a month or two it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Bottom line, I don't like being lied to. And that's exactly what MA has done. You say it's the same with most other MMOs, fine, I guess if everyone is doing it then it must be ok.

1. Not all of what MA / Marco / FPC etc. etc has said through the years has been promises but rather visions ! I am however the first to agree that Mr. Behrman should have held his little fingers away from keyboard with roadmaps that seems to have only excisted inside his head !! AFAIK for example fishing has only been mentioned as a posibility in a future release and this list is long. McCormic seems to have taken all this as a promise instead of what they infact are...visions. So many elements you take as a promise to be implemented infact wasnt ever a promise. However all content pre. VU10 has been promised to come back and MA are at this point only 1 month late since the original promise was to have em back before end of 2010 !

2. I dont say other MMO:s lie. Read again plz !!! I say that OP should spam their forums with request of becoming a RCE ( Real Cash Economy ) since he clearly wants the element of real money involved but he doesnt like the way MA/ FPC etc are developing the world? Please take this discussion to their forums also becaue I would for sure LOVE more options than only Entropia !!

Good luck :)

Thank you. But Im not just looking back.
Just because FPC put some more attention on quests & vehicles this time, doesnt mean quests & vehicles are a cure-all ! You close your eyes regarding the past and the present. Once I was like you. Full of hope. 95% satisfied to be here. Hope is vanishing, but im still here. And Im not here to be put into silent mode.

Dont try the antipodes on me.

.......some stuff ? A few months ? Did you have a closer look at my 1st post or are you a member of the loyal MA fanclub ?
Ahhhh the decades ! The thoriofoid temple for example. It could have been a very big input for economy. (Kill mobs and loot items to open it, reward, imagination ....etc etc etc.) Harvesting ? Meat Extractor ? Taming ? Factories ? Food packs ? No Economy ? No ? Oh man...

You mean the creative people of MA moved on because they got scared of whining posts and customer questions ?
I know that and I know you meant it the other way around, but you are wrong here, and you already closed your eyes regarding "Project Entropia". The whining always took place and got mostly ignored. You know that.

This is neither whining nor crying for the past. This is criticism of the way MA/FPC/SEE is working.

McCormic seems to have taken all this as a promise instead of what they infact are...visions.

Hu ? o_O

How many visions do you see in my 1st post ? And how much already introduced content that became forgotten ?

maybe i overread it, but what about the genesis tower, or is that thing back?
gotta admit i am not that often in twins

but sadly, i have to agree (gotta spread some rep first though)
so much stuff forgotten, letting slide, ignored and so on, it is a pity

years ago they should have been ashamed already

and as already said, i also think that its not one thing which ppl get pissed about
but it happens all the time

just remember the last epic FPC event, event never seen like before (despite it not being even "good" imo)
what happened, funky MA update which made it impossible to finish the third or so mission of it
i mean please ^.-
and what I wont forget, the disatrous CE10 start which had bugs for months
and dont come with some "its a conversion, there have to be bugs" - they said they tested it for like 6 months and didnt find bugs ppl found in 5 min; pms for example

but what can you do :)

1. Not all of what MA / Marco / FPC etc. etc has said through the years has been promises but rather visions ! I am however the first to agree that Mr. Behrman should have held his little fingers away from keyboard with roadmaps that seems to have only excisted inside his head !! AFAIK for example fishing has only been mentioned as a posibility in a future release and this list is long. McCormic seems to have taken all this as a promise instead of what they infact are...visions. So many elements you take as a promise to be implemented infact wasnt ever a promise. However all content pre. VU10 has been promised to come back and MA are at this point only 1 month late since the original promise was to have em back before end of 2010 !

many things , have been write on road map , official road map , not only what marco did dream about...
What about those MA share made by some switzland bank , or cash card , or entropia bank.

I think whole MA head , write as future everything that cross their mind while they drink load of bacardi coca.and then they do some part of it (accidentaly) and they mainly do things that such up cash ( need to pay all that bacardi).

road map , are guide that you should to folow at best... it supose to be think ahead in all way.. not only it have to sound good for customer , but it have to fesable.

again , check top 20 people in MA/FPC and in other MMO compagny, in MA top 20 you have 90% of advert/finacial people and 10% dev/coder/graphist...in other game compagny its other way around...

Remember when sl did begin , EU was allready there...go check how many player/depositer they have , and look at EU...I dont like SL , and i dont want EU to become same,but they manage to get advert , new player ,make cash , and have "game" that is somehow cheap to play...

Hu ? o_O

How many visions do you see in my 1st post ? And how much already introduced content that became forgotten ?

I see ALOT of stuff that you dearly hold on to and want to make someone responsible for. A feffoid Trader that dont exist anymore is suddenly something to dwell over when we got basically 3 new planets to explore within 1 year?
And yeah...I got it ! You dont like it and it doesnt fit your plan how it was supposed to be?

And feel free to comment why you think that NOT A SINGLE OTHER GAME worth even mentioning has taken up the idea with RCE ??? That is something I would actually love to discuss and not why MA didnt find it suitable in the economy to introduce meatharvesting....atleast not yet !

Last edited:
again , check top 20 people in MA/FPC and in other MMO compagny, in MA top 20 you have 90% of advert/finacial people and 10% dev/coder/graphist...in other game compagny its other way around...

+rep for this part of the post.... that's exactly how I look on MA as well, their coding seems to be going VEEEEEEEEEEEERY slow... :)

I MISS MINOPOLISE!!!!!!

I always wanted to save up one day and own a house in that so beautiful place

* sniff *
:cry:

I see ALOT of stuff that you dearly hold on to and want to make someone responsible for. A feffoid Trader that dont exist anymore is suddenly something to dwell over when we got basically 3 new planets to explore within 1 year?
And yeah...I got it ! You dont like it and it doesnt fit your plan how it was supposed to be?

I dont like half-ready things, that get announced the MA way and epically fail or simply get ignored and/or removed.

The "3 new planets" with the Epic-Fail Factor ? The "3 new planets" where FPC isnt involved at all (okay, now they are as they are SEE...but we dont know...because of the silence) ? What does that have to do with my interactive Calypso NPC ? :S Im here to talk about my planet, Calypso.

And feel free to comment why you think that NOT A SINGLE OTHER GAME worth even mentioning has taken up the idea with RCE ??? That is something I would actually love to discuss and not why MA didnt find it suitable in the economy to introduce meatharvesting....atleast not yet !

Ok lets discuss other RCE games...but somehow I find it more important to discuss meatharvesting inside of Entropia...whats wrong with me ? o_O

For the other RCEs Id like to qoute wikipedia:
Second Life, Is a virtual world developed by Linden Lab that features a similar economy to Entropia Universe and Afterworld.

The Real Cash Economy concept takes its roots from the Korean Webzen company and became a commercial success for the first time in MindArk's Project Entropia game (although now it is officially called a gaming platform).

You think 2nd life is not worth to be mentioned ? And just because Afterworld is still as small (userbase wise) as Entropia in 2000 doesnt mean it will fail. It is still there. It even got its graphics updated. But I dont play it. I want to be here, to discuss meatharvesting !

Okay, lets go for the economy 1st:

harvester.gif

Harvesting/Gardening. I dont need to explain any further, economy wise. Do I ?

meatex.gif

Extract meat, before you loot (might affect loot). But noo, now we just loot animal oils, already bottled.
Diversity, as Mr. Simmonds once said. Not just click and loot. No, extract some meat first.
Meat extracting. I dont need to explain any further, economy wise. Do I ?

foodpack.gif

Food needed to boost stats. Food needs to be looted/crafted etc.
I dont need to explain any further, economy wise. Do I ?

How much money could MindArk have made selling beverages for 1 PED ?
Hell even for 2 PED the bars would always have visitors, even if the (graphic) effect
of beeing drunk is minimal.
Beverages. I dont need to explain any further, economy wise. Do I ?

taming.jpg

2005, the 1st stage of taming. Do you really want to go into it ?

This has nothing to do with economy, right.

ce2_emotes.jpg

But just look at it...but right, no gain for MA, so lets ignore it. -_-

We could even sit down in 2005. In 2009 Marco mentioned Prone-mode ! =D
(Needless to say, that "Sit&Prone" werent mentioned again.)

Another "no gain for MA"...so it got ignored.

stadium.jpeg

The mega CND Sports Stadium where...

The Thorio Temple. Rare looted items could have opened it from time to time.
Means lot of thorios have to be killed, rare items could have been sold,
if you do not have the power to kill the Thorio King...

The...okay, non-economy thing. Why is it even here ? I bet they had plans...but it got ignored.
Not even half-ready, if you know what I mean ? :)

z1.jpg

Ignore the economy behind the cashcard please. :p

I leave that up to you...economy wise...
Im sure someone payed for it...then it got ignored.
It didnt even have a story around it...yea, thats MindArk !

Instead of putting all the shops and malls to Hadesheim,
MA was creating the malls and removed Hadesheim.
Boom!
Get the idea ?

Lets ignore this one...economy wise.

fishingrod.jpg

I dont believe in any of Marcos visions. For example huge spaceships with 100 people on board...using shields
lasers...epic space battles....yea yea....but fishing ? Any other MMO has that...
and it could be counted...economy wise.

F*ck this, even economy wise. :p

Minopolis...they started to sell the houses there...great idea ! =)
But Minopolis is gone...

Feffoid Trader...an interactive Calypso pal. Very economic. ;)

mf_chips.gif

Ill leave that up to you.

Build your own robot ? (economy wise = positive)
Weather affecting equipment ? (economy wise = very positive) (but would make ppl angry)
Handgrenades ? (economy wise = positive)
Upgrade Replicator ? (economy wise = positive)
Factories ? (economy wise = very positive)
Nocturnal mobs ? (economy wise = positive)
Create towns ? (economy wise = very positive)

The problem is, it will continue this way. Announcement, introduction of half-ready idea, abort, retry, ignore.
Just because they care for Quests and vehicles right now, doest mean everything is alright.
But you said you were aware of that already.

Again, I dont live in the past. I show the way MA works and thinks. Using examples. And I dont like it, right.

Questions ?

Last edited:
MA totaly forget lvl 9 & 10 in the weapon book I :mad:

Questions ?

You have your agenda made up pretty clearly and that is to hunt down every little shread of vision, suggestion etc ever made by someone tied to MA/FPC and then be ironic over it. It has always been easier to criticise and blame and you are in good company on theese forums.
And offcourse you have already dismissed the other planets as fails....its your way or the highway as usual :laugh: My god talk about being impatient ! Maybe Next island deserves more than 3 months and 1 update before we can rule it out as a falure huh?
I dont have any questions for ya btw. You made your mind up long time ago and im afraid that MA actually changed path from what once was acceptable for you. Im not trying to change you around just trying to present a alternative way of seeing things.
If the horse refuses to run the way you want its no use to keep beating it up...

Status
Back