- Content of Oblivion -

Status
You have your agenda made up pretty clearly and that is to hunt down every little shread of vision, suggestion etc ever made by someone tied to MA/FPC and then be ironic over it.

I try to explain to you the incompetent way of work that is happening here. And you think Im ironic ? Im serious !
But writing the "funny-way" makes people read and listen easier then typing CAPITALS and shouting out my anger in a simple whine-thread.

....its your way or the highway as usual :laugh: My god talk about being impatient ! Maybe Next island deserves more than 3 months and 1 update before we can rule it out as a falure huh?

If you say so. But I dont want to talk about other planets here.

I dont have any questions for ya btw. You made your mind up long time ago and im afraid that MA actually changed path from what once was acceptable for you. Im not trying to change you around just trying to present a alternative way of seeing things.
If the horse refuses to run the way you want its no use to keep beating it up...

The horse is on crack, deaf and blind. No wonder it refuses to run our way.

You have your agenda made up pretty clearly and that is to hunt down every little shread of vision, suggestion etc ever made by someone tied to MA/FPC and then be ironic over it. It has always been easier to criticise and blame and you are in good company on theese forums.
And offcourse you have already dismissed the other planets as fails....its your way or the highway as usual :laugh: My god talk about being impatient ! Maybe Next island deserves more than 3 months and 1 update before we can rule it out as a falure huh?
I dont have any questions for ya btw. You made your mind up long time ago and im afraid that MA actually changed path from what once was acceptable for you. Im not trying to change you around just trying to present a alternative way of seeing things.
If the horse refuses to run the way you want its no use to keep beating it up...

You clearly are efin blind :) There are still 4-5? system missing after 16 MONTHS!!! Old feal of entropia totally disapeared after VU10, no details added, almost NO-CONTENT that wouldNT generate peds. WHY do we have TIER system when there are old systems missing?(Which had to be remade because they needed to generate EVEN MORE peds) U are a long time player, I dont see what you dont understand. Im not talking about Marcos visions but whats actually missing!! No details AT ALL. There is SO MUCH UNFINISHED. And the story goes ON and ON and ON. Yeah, you only mine, and mine and mine, you dont care about other stuff, but there are people that actually play a GAME, not just grind the whole day. When people that PLAY this game leave, U will suffer SO much loss even with your knowledge of mining. McC is just trying to point this out, yeah he also talks about all the visions, but so much stuff could have been done that wouldn't ruin the economy and they still didnt :rolleyes:

You clearly are efin blind :) There are still 4-5? system missing after 16 MONTHS!!! Old feal of entropia totally disapeared after VU10, no details added, almost NO-CONTENT that wouldNT generate peds. WHY do we have TIER system when there are old systems missing?(Which had to be remade because they needed to generate EVEN MORE peds) U are a long time player, I dont see what you dont understand. Im not talking about Marcos visions but whats actually missing!! No details AT ALL. There is SO MUCH UNFINISHED. And the story goes ON and ON and ON. Yeah, you only mine, and mine and mine, you dont care about other stuff, but there are people that actually play a GAME, not just grind the whole day. When people that PLAY this game leave, U will suffer SO much loss even with your knowledge of mining. McC is just trying to point this out, yeah he also talks about all the visions, but so much stuff could have been done that wouldn't ruin the economy and they still didnt :rolleyes:

Thank you.

I think strakkan can imagine that I have by far better things to do then hanging on this forum all day beeing full of negativity and living in the past. Hell, Im not even playing anymore because of the things I mentioned. It just doesnt feel right. But Im not yet ready to cash out and leave.
Im here to write text and post images.
Text & Images that needs to be read and looked at.
Text & Images that needs to be understood.
Text & Images that just arent Text & Images, but important parts of Planet Calypso.

If I wouldnt have this last bit of hope, I wouldnt be here anymore...trust me. Thats why I try...

Last edited:

16 months ? All systems back are 1 month delayed on that I can agree.
And why are you hung up on it so much? Taming is more important than tiering ? Or is it just a matter of principles now ?
Its easy to divert into strange opinions to prove some sort of point ! You say no details AT ALL and I say ALOT of things to see. And then we have the most misused words on theese forums " Its done to generate even more peds " ! Well keep it up because if people are prepared to pay for the service ,this " game " will keep on living ! But you are forgiven this time because I also agree that tieringsystem was changed in a unfair way for some avatars and me also. I lost 2 items in the old system but was fully aware of the risk before. I think a item-replicator in lootsystem would have been a better way to go.
People has been pointing out the death of Entropia since the first day I arrived here back in 2002 so excuse me for being atleast a bit sceptical for yet another statement that economy is ruined. Its just fine if you ask me and I bet new VU:s will keep on rolling in and you wont die of old age before having new cool stuff to explore.

Hopefuly the second episode will have a movie of all MA employees holed up in that castle in Germany with an angry mob laying seige to it by trowing old unuseable laptops at them made obsolete by cryengine. Then a cut scene with Mr. Timkrans in a corner crying "Why wont this TP chip work!!! Theres no place like home.. Theres no place like home" with pig tails and ruby shoes included.

People has been pointing out the death of Entropia since the first day I arrived here back in 2002 so excuse me for being atleast a bit sceptical for yet another statement that economy is ruined. Its just fine if you ask me and I bet new VU:s will keep on rolling in and you wont die of old age before having new cool stuff to explore.

How do you judge the succes of the game over the years?

I dont think this game has grown the last 5 years ... and part of this is imo the lack of vision from MA.

To me they look like a brainless bunny jumping behind a carrot and always missing it.

For me the thing that really killed it, was the harbinger event. So much anticipation and it was by faaaaaar the worst event I've ever seen!! And this is what FPC is supposed to deliver atm! Graphics and events!!!

Its just fine if you ask me and I bet new VU:s will keep on rolling in and you wont die of old age before having new cool stuff to explore.

Sure there will be new VUs. New content.

But the questions are:

Will it get handled like Taming ?
(big announcement, Introduction, half ready, put into pause mode for 5 years)

Will it get handled like MindForce ?
(big announcements again and again, then, somethings happening...partly introduced...not 100% ready)

Will it get handled like the Thorio Temple / Mining HQ in Twin Peaks / Robot Factory on TI / Golfing Course ?
(Big announcements, then it gets introduced, (maybe items will be looted, followed by some blabla) but the whole thing is of no use

Will it get handled like the Pandorra Tower ?
(No annoucement...its just there...but we dont even know why...then it gets removed)

Hell, even if it gets as much attention as the Quests and vehicles...keep in mind Marco never wanted Quests in PE!
Sure the vehicles get attention, but jeeps & boats from GTA simply DO NOT FIT into our world !!!

We arent all miners, that dont care for a nice landscape with the additional ambient musics or a story or great point of interest like the spiral mountain in 2005 for example.

We are MMORPG guys, that grew up with "Project Entropia", that could have been the best MMORPG already.

Could, but its not !

Hopefuly the second episode will have a movie of all MA employees holed up in that castle in Germany with an angry mob laying seige to it by trowing old unuseable laptops at them made obsolete by cryengine. Then a cut scene with Mr. Timkrans in a corner crying "Why wont this TP chip work!!! Theres no place like home.. Theres no place like home" with pig tails and ruby shoes included.

Damn, what the...thanks for that vision x'D

Ive said what I have to say. Aint really no point throwing arguments here as a soc. friend so brightly explained to me ;)

Ive just spent about 200 bombs time in this thread trying to give another picture but people who got their mind made up wont ever listen and just see what they wanna see.

Lets finally agree that we disagree atleast :)

Best regards
Strakkan

Ive said what I have to say. Aint really no point throwing arguments here as a soc. friend so brightly explained to me ;)

Ive just spent about 200 bombs time in this thread trying to give another picture but people who got their mind made up wont ever listen and just see what they wanna see.

Lets finally agree that we disagree atleast :)

Best regards
Strakkan

I think its great to see different points of view, different sides of the story etc. And I think its fab to see people still hopeful for the future of the game. Unfortunately I am on the old and grumpy side............Hard to get out of the negativity sometimes. I just really want to love the game again :(

Ahhh, the potential.

Some

Let me mention the Malls then. =)

mall.jpg

Big announcements of the "Landing Platforms" on top of it. Oh yeah !

God damn, what a feeling to own the 1st landing platform ingame ! Woohooo !
Congratulation to the owners again ! Awesome !!!

Which reminds me of the shop decoration competition...

Or what happened to the ESA Project, announced 1 year ago ?

esa_space_game.jpg

Am I beeing sarcastic here ? Oh yeah, you got me this time ! ;p

Still, thats the way MA works.

The former Landing Platforms in Twin Peaks were cool ! :)

Last edited:
Content of Oblivion

chrome_final.jpg

Sure there will be new VUs. New content.

But the questions are:

Will it get handled like Taming ?
(big announcement, Introduction, half ready, put into pause mode for 5 years)

Will it get handled like MindForce ?
(big announcements again and again, then, somethings happening...partly introduced...not 100% ready)

Will it get handled like the Thorio Temple / Mining HQ in Twin Peaks / Robot Factory on TI / Golfing Course ?
(Big announcements, then it gets introduced, (maybe items will be looted, followed by some blabla) but the whole thing is of no use

Will it get handled like the Pandorra Tower ?
(No annoucement...its just there...but we dont even know why...then it gets removed)

Hell, even if it gets as much attention as the Quests and vehicles...keep in mind Marco never wanted Quests in PE!
Sure the vehicles get attention, but jeeps & boats from GTA simply DO NOT FIT into our world !!!

We arent all miners, that dont care for a nice landscape with the additional ambient musics or a story or great point of interest like the spiral mountain in 2005 for example.

We are MMORPG guys, that grew up with "Project Entropia", that could have been the best MMORPG already.

Could, but its not !

Ex Freakin actly!!!! Good thread to you Mck as always.. And many of this is just the tip of the ice-burg..

McC on a mission! And he's ON FIRE.

I started, well I don't remember exactly when it was, it was the time when you started with your new ava at Port Atlantis(wtf am I talking..its Atlas Haven), trapping molisks near Fort Ares. I even remember how I first heard about PE and the thing that got my interest was : RCE and free to play.

What I'm trying to say is that most here, if not all of us, joined because of the RCE. No-one joined because of the storyline, systems or items to be introduced. We're all interested in obtaining money, or atleast persue the possibilities money can buy.

The same is true for the creators of this game, they were inspired by a new concept that could make them money. They never set out to make this about storylines or items. Those are only the props on the RCE stage.

All those idea's, announcements, events and storylines, half-thought&semi-implemented systems. They did that stuff just for us! Those things were never important to them. Granted, they did a poor job. But they did build up the company and the RCE, which was their original goal.

But it seems that now with the introduction of the platform that improvements are on the way. I say 'seems' because we have yet to see the platform become successfull. And imo the platform is unable to bring enough diversity to the universe.

My longstanding advice, still recommended by 9 out of 10 entropians: -More Game, Less Business still falls on deaf ears

Last edited:
What I'm trying to say is that most here, if not all of us, joined because of the RCE. No-one joined because of the storyline, systems or items to be introduced. We're all interested in obtaining money...

When I got my 1st email from MepH^Shaolin in early 2004, he told me I should try the game called "Project Entropia", because it is cool and free to play. :) It was his and mine very 1st so called MMORPG.

Later, inside the game, I got informed about the real money aspect. But I was already paralyzed by the spaceship I walked around, the chat (Selling gazzu 165%) and the awesome music. Damn the music was so cool back then...if not the best atmosphere-pusher ever. =)

The same is true for the creators of this game, they were inspired by a new concept that could make them money. They never set out to make this about storylines or items. Those are only the props on the RCE stage.

The old MindArk (1995-2001) was into story, into visions...same as the MindArk of 2005.

Have a look at the VU listings. New content every 4 weeks worked back then.

But...

When I got my 1st email from MepH^Shaolin in early 2004, he told me I should try the game called "Project Entropia", because it is cool and free to play. :) It was his and mine very 1st so called MMORPG.

Later, inside the game, I got informed about the real money aspect. But I was already paralyzed by the spaceship I walked around, the chat (Selling gazzu 165%) and the awesome music. Damn the music was so cool back then...if not the best atmosphere-pusher ever. =)

Meph :( Man i have lost so many good friends in this game over the years that have left.. I hear there names every once in a while and often wonder how they are doing!

Why did this get moved to "History" ? Because it got too much attention in the general section ?

This wasnt created out of nostalgic-history feelings...how often did I explain ? This is, in general, thoughts about MA and their way of advertising, introducing content and mistreat the whole world we are living in.

Please, put it back into the general section o_O

Sigh... The good old days, when E.U was fun. :smoke:

Last edited by a moderator:
"In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war"

That is what we can expect I say.

I DID NOT post all this to recall nostalgic feelings, but to show the way MA works in general.

Its a general discussion about the way content gets handled by MA/FPC.

This is not a history thread.

Please, whoever moved it from general-to-history... move it back to the general discussion.

Thank you.

I feel like a attention whore :wise:

Last edited:
Hey Nice one mate,

Btw, Im pretty sure that with the smiling or sad avvies the one u forgot next to peanuts is pieces :)

Regards/

Hey Nice one mate,

Btw, Im pretty sure that with the smiling or sad avvies the one u forgot next to peanuts is pieces :)

Regards/

Im 100% sure thats not pieces =)

Was somethign wit "L" ^^...or so...but defenitly not pieces. But ty :)

Im angry :mad: My thread vanished so I come squating urs ^^

By the way, I remember when I was noob, when I was in Sweat hogs, I used to shop in the lakeview houses. There were planty of shopkeeper over here. Now it seems that houses are all buged (Windows) and this is a freakin desert.

Last edited:
Why did this get moved to "History" ? Because it got too much attention in the general section ?

The mods do NOT move threads to reduce attention. I move things out of GD into more appropriate locations. Do you have any idea how many threads talking about hunting, mining, etc. are stuck into GD because the OP is too lazy to bother?

Your thread seemed to discuss the history of MA, which is what the history section is meant for. And no it's not meant JUST for the feel-good history threads.

However, this ONE TIME ONLY, I moved it back to GD.

As for my personal feelings about this issue, since you seem to think us mods purposely mess w/ threads for MA's sake, I guess my opinion doesn't matter to you.

Good day, sir.

The mods do NOT move threads to reduce attention. I move things out of GD into more appropriate locations. Do you have any idea how many threads talking about hunting, mining, etc. are stuck into GD because the OP is too lazy to bother?

Your thread seemed to discuss the history of MA, which is what the history section is meant for. And no it's not meant JUST for the feel-good history threads.

However, this ONE TIME ONLY, I moved it back to GD.

As for my personal feelings about this issue, since you seem to think us mods purposely mess w/ threads for MA's sake, I guess my opinion doesn't matter to you.

Good day, sir.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: best joke ever of ur whole years of service. U mess with us !

Actually it is necessary to point what is going wrong in the game. And what do Mc is IMHO correct and necessary because we pay. And because we pay we want things done correctly or at least in a certain logic. But it seems that some dudes in north Europe are more ruled by money than by logic. And this money is our money, actually, sir.

I don't care if brains are in Sweden and design team under-payed in Brazil.

So it fucking belong to general discussion.

EDIT:

And I think U should owe a little more respect to McCormick who, over the whole legacy of PE/EU, was and is one of the most wonderful fun provider and creative guy. Even though he never scammed anyone and was never linked to any shady event or scam or whatever.

He is angry and sad and many people totally UNDERSTAND what are his actual feelings.

Last edited:
Nice thread, or OP at least.

I would'nt say i'm a grumpy old gal, but I do miss all the stuff posted on post #1.

Looking forward to Part 2 when it arrives. It would also be nice if Hanne could post in here, to at least aknowledge this post, or give her own personal (as an old player) point of view, then perhaps drag Marco and co to this post to :)

Goes and grabs a box off tissues and have a little weep.

RIP old unfinished or forgotten parts of Entropia.

Or prove us wrong SEE VW or whatever if it your called these days (FPC)

Nice thread, or OP at least.

I would'nt say i'm a grumpy old gal, but I do miss all the stuff posted on post #1.

Looking forward to Part 2 when it arrives. It would also be nice if Hanne could post in here, to at least aknowledge this post, or give her own personal (as an old player) point of view, then perhaps drag Marco and co to this post to :)

Goes and grabs a box off tissues and have a little weep.

RIP old unfinished or forgotten parts of Entropia.

Or prove us wrong SEE VW or whatever if it your called these days (FPC)

How can you miss stuff that never was? As for part 2.... WTF, I think one of us missed the point altogether. I really don't mean, to be mean here but really... oh wait! Marco is gonna tell us stuff upcoming soon! Let me get my checkbook in order so I can "invest".

Missing things that never was, looking forward to things that will never be... I'll just not ever "get it".

How can you miss stuff that never was? As for part 2.... WTF, I think one of us missed the point altogether. I really don't mean, to be mean here but really... oh wait! Marco is gonna tell us stuff upcoming soon! Let me get my checkbook in order so I can "invest".

Missing things that never was, looking forward to things that will never be... I'll just not ever "get it".

He said "RIP old unfinished or forgotten parts of Entropia." He did not say hes "missing stuff that never was".

Have a look at the 1st post again. Its not just "stuff that never was". It got partly introduced here and there. Best example would be taming...hmmkay ? o_O

He said "RIP old unfinished or forgotten parts of Entropia." He did not say hes "missing stuff that never was".

Have a look at the 1st post again. Its not just "stuff that never was". It got partly introduced here and there. Best example would be taming...hmmkay ? o_O

Guess I made my own point then.

Status
Back