- Content of Oblivion -

Status
MA, FPC, SEE, and whoever is comming in the future have changed there focus since the PE brand vanished. Entropia isn't considered as a game anymore. MA has bigger plans. The costumer base who want to play a game are negelected therefore.
They believe Entropia is more like a 3D Facebook, a social network. The planets of Entropia are the groups of facebook:
Planet Calypso = MMORPG group
Planet Michael = MJ fan group
If you are serious about MJ you won't hang out in the facebook group, but on a dedicated forum. If you are a gamer therefore you should hang out at a dedicated game. There is not any nice 1st Person SciFi games out there, which is a pitty. I really miss PE . But if you ever played a professional run game (e.g. EVE) there is gigantic gap between Entropia and the other games.

Last edited:
Watch out for Part 2 of "Content of Oblivion"

Would like to see a section dedicated to the regression of the native species .. wheres my Kerbies!!!!!!!
bastards

Bones

ohh boy, thouse nice old picture.. damit, i miss that time......

I just realised that i want old entropia back :/

Nice one hehehe

showimage.php
I still miss the ghosts.. I think it was much cooler to find a revival spot yourself, but I guess it takes too much time off the shooting and spending peds for MA's taste ;)

LOL, great summary :)

Thats a +rep m8 :D

What ever happened to the City of Culture?

New Oxford City of Culture
The Entropia Universe has now been updated with a unique city dedicated to culture and the arts. Located on the Amethera continent, New Oxford (coord. -17164, -13458) has been designed in conjunction with renowned Swedish artist Ernst Billgren.

The distinctive appearance of New Oxford is further complemented by exciting partnerships with Real World artists and clothes manufacturers. The Vexed Generation clothing brand from London have opened a store on the bottom floor of the new 'Hjorten' building where you can buy real and virtual contemporary urban clothing. Over 20 new garments are now available to participants both inside and outside the Entropia Universe.

21st Century Fine Art from New York are exhibiting over 80 works from artists such as Mark Kostabi, Marc De Muro and Kika Karadi in the fantastic new art galleries of New Oxford. Again, all pieces of art can be bought virtually for your apartment on Calypso, and some may be ordered and delivered for your home in the Real World.

As a center for the arts, New Oxford also allows participants to attend lectures from the above mentioned artists, where they reveal some of the secrets behind their success in the art world. New apartment complexes have also been included in New Oxford with many new and interesting design details incorporated. A brand new Trade Center is also included in New Oxford.

MindArk are proud to be the vanguard of interaction between the real and virtual worlds through the first virtual universe – the Entropia Universe.

harvester.gif

Harvesting was mentioned back in 2000 and the harvester tool was there...as an image.

And somewhere in Marcos "dreams" he mentioned gardening...

Best post ever Mr McCormmick - looking forward to part 2.

Wistrel (goes for a cry now...)​

Thank you.

I think strakkan can imagine that I have by far better things to do then hanging on this forum all day beeing full of negativity and living in the past. Hell, Im not even playing anymore because of the things I mentioned. It just doesnt feel right. But Im not yet ready to cash out and leave.
Im here to write text and post images.
Text & Images that needs to be read and looked at.
Text & Images that needs to be understood.
Text & Images that just arent Text & Images, but important parts of Planet Calypso.

If I wouldnt have this last bit of hope, I wouldnt be here anymore...trust me. Thats why I try...

Keep trying please.... if you give up, I think we all will.

Wistrel

Let me mention the Malls then. =)

mall.jpg

Big announcements of the "Landing Platforms" on top of it. Oh yeah !

God damn, what a feeling to own the 1st landing platform ingame ! Woohooo !
Congratulation to the owners again ! Awesome !!!

Which reminds me of the shop decoration competition...

Or what happened to the ESA Project, announced 1 year ago ?

esa_space_game.jpg

Am I beeing sarcastic here ? Oh yeah, you got me this time ! ;p

Still, thats the way MA works.

The former Landing Platforms in Twin Peaks were cool ! :)

Just a small on on the space project thing. I have a feeling it was MA's entry into a competition to build a colaborative environment for a RL space learning game. I think they lost it. There is a game my housemate showed me that I assume is the one that won?

I could be wrong on this though.... maybe a different thing?

ah this one, http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/ltp/games/moonbasealpha/index.html
NASA ok not ESA. Ignore me.

Wist

PS I still don't understand why you don't think the MF update is finished? The sweat change, the SIB, the new chips? and we keep getting more chips each time (eg corrosive and kinetic not to mention the strike chips).

PS The former Landing Platforms in Twin Peaks WERE cool !

PS I still don't understand why you don't think the MF update is finished? The sweat change, the SIB, the new chips? and we keep getting more chips each time (eg corrosive and kinetic not to mention the strike chips).

Ppl who use MF know why.

My Robot

great thread, i did build my own robot back in the good old days but you'd need to go to entropiaforums to find it:)

More to the point... what happenned to all the funky caves and the excavated old wooden shops in them? I LOVED that place (especially as it was the largest place on Calypso the dynamic lighting worked in). I really wanted to buy one of those one day.

Glad I didn't though, if I had and MA had scrapped them like they did I'd have been absolutely livid. :bomb:

----

About this, "people who use mindforce know what is wrong with it" thing.... I use mindforce.... maybe not as much as some do but I am attempting to skill up in it a bit these days. I don't get it... care to enlighten me?

Wistrel

About this, "people who use mindforce know what is wrong with it" thing.... I use mindforce.... maybe not as much as some do but I am attempting to skill up in it a bit these days. I don't get it... care to enlighten me?

Wistrel

Its great that you use MF and skill up. Promiting profession.
After years of skilling and dreaming, investing time and money you will be mastering one or more MF professions.
In mean time you will have fun killing bigest mobs in game using force of your mind and perhaps with litle help of some lvl 1 (L) chip.
Sure you will of course own pvp4 area with your jamming, telepathy, your extreme high HP gained with MF and super powered damage per second of fastest weapon in game - your mind suported with some chips - all (L) verison up to lvl 34 ( lol for all ). For your master lvl you will continue to dream that chips will maybe drop in next 10 years.
At that point you will have many ideas about MF, about what MA did let you belive or dream for years and what is in reality, many ideas about what is and what cud be, ideas about pro and con.

Incredible post.

Its great that you use MF and skill up. Promiting profession.
After years of skilling and dreaming, investing time and money you will be mastering one or more MF professions.
In mean time you will have fun killing bigest mobs in game using force of your mind and perhaps with litle help of some lvl 1 (L) chip.
Sure you will of course own pvp4 area with your jamming, telepathy, your extreme high HP gained with MF and super powered damage per second of fastest weapon in game - your mind suported with some chips - all (L) verison up to lvl 34 ( lol for all ). For your master lvl you will continue to dream that chips will maybe drop in next 10 years.
At that point you will have many ideas about MF, about what MA did let you belive or dream for years and what is in reality, many ideas about what is and what cud be, ideas about pro and con.
Uh huh... and then they can rip it all away and make MF no longer work for over a year like they did with taming and all the other broken systems when they implement CE3, lol.

--edit--
someone posted about another old thread. Here you go - a few more things to add to the list Mccormick.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?84240-Open-Letter-to-MA-following-VU-9.0

You keep promising and starting things and never finish them in the end anyway.

What about the “Entropian” magazine ?

What about the “PHYsics” hardware support?

What about the Stock Exchange ingame?

What about the Factories?

What about the Night, Day, Sandstorm features announced in 2003?

What about that Cash Card?

What about the regular Community Relations promised. The last post from Marco on EF was on 27.08.2007.

What about that Landgrab overhaul ?

What about that Chinese Business Deal ?

Excellent excellent post!

And look there on the Hadesheim picture it's me! :yay:

Great post, btw I'm such youngster I never saw feffoid trader, special thanks for that!

There is at least octagon left for drunken activities, it could have been ripped away too :)

AH i cant stand read thru all posts, but what happened with all the Orbs around calypso? :scratch2:

Vexed Generation went bankrupt.

Mark Kostabi`s official site is...no longer available.
(hes available via a...whatever...last update january 2010... http://id3480.securedata.net/kostabi/)

Ow, and he met the new pope in 2007 :
mark-kostabi-meets-pope-benedict-xvi.jpg

Lets ignore the other artists for now...

The moose building has some secrets to offer, but only if you violate the TOS and EULA... x'D

Be sure, these answers wont go to Oblivion...well, at least not all of em. But maybe the questions will...

tomorrow is patch day so all content will return from Oblivion!!!

Damn I knew that MA bailed out on a lot of ideas, but it kinda sucks seein them listed out like that. I've just learned to not expect anything from them. Imagine the stuff we would have if anyone really gave a damn.

Great post McCormick. I've given up on MA a long time ago when it comes to content and creative follow through or whatever the f%#k they do.

I spent a great couple of months playing other games then came back to EU this weekend thinking it would be fun, now I am just unsure.

It took only a few days for the same ole shite to rear its ugly head and make me realize no matter the planet no matter the content developer MA will run this virtual universe just as they did Calypso. So if I decide to continue playing EU I just have to accept that fugged up fact because they rarely if ever listened nor did anything about it and the same applies now and probably in the future.

It totally sucks I agree.

Like Sirhc said, no matter how much time away or what content developer, it's still MA's platform.

Hence other games to play ;)

funnypictureskittenisna.jpg

Status
Back