- Content of Oblivion -

Status
Hey McC
Great post; although extremely sad, never realised just how much B/S there has already been
Looking forward to oblivion2
Lol what happened to Marco's Q&A, just more of the same B/S, MA's reputation, beside loot balance, toward players is probably what keeps newer players from staying long or making real investments into the game

Pics worth a thousand words...

Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”

====

====

Unlimited Free Access to Rocktropia & Many Other Virtual Worlds

====
owh.jpg

When is that future coming? Instead of fixing up and selling places like this, which already exists and have been in game for YEARS (there there are at least 3 buildings full of shops that have never been partcipant owned @ Omegaton), they make new junk like Medusa....

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...co-said-....&p=2597728&viewfull=1#post2597728

Last edited:
Hey everybody, do not forget about the Axe 1x0 Incident :)

VU 7.6
22-9-2005

Fixed bugged items

Fixed a bugged melee weapon – the RepEdge Battle Axe 1x0
no longer does the strange electrical damage.

Of course it was bugged, as it was the most economical weapon ingame until this VU. =)​

Uuuhh, was that a hint to Part 2 already ? :O

Yea right, Part 2, ETA unknown...

do not forget about the Axe 1x0 Incident :)

a incident , hmm

but it happens to more items

they like to use word reworked and rebalanced as well

and will smile on you because they improve :: insert any item ::

At least got Calypsian pogo still. The moment it is removed, I leave. ;)

At least got Calypsian pogo still. The moment it is removed, I leave. ;)

Now YOU gave them a new idea to mess up with us. Shame on you!

When I arrived at Calypso more than 5 years ago one of the best things I noticed was a terminal named

"VOTE"

But soon I had to learn that they didn't work anymore. My old mentor told me later that they DID work in the past. Players could give statements and make suggestions to MA. I often stood in front of such a Vote-terminal and thought: "What a great idea! Communication with the dev team and the service team ingame!" I don't know if they ever worked correctly. But they should!

Yo. Such great ideas really deserve to be removed ... according to McCormick's list.

Now YOU gave them a new idea to mess up with us. Shame on you!

When I arrived at Calypso more than 5 years ago one of the best things I noticed was a terminal named

"VOTE"

But soon I had to learn that they didn't work anymore. My old mentor told me later that they DID work in the past. Players could give statements and make suggestions to MA. I often stood in front of such a Vote-terminal and thought: "What a great idea! Communication with the dev team and the service team ingame!" I don't know if they ever worked correctly. But they should!

Yo. Such great ideas really deserve to be removed ... according to McCormick's list.

Damn, I even voted somewhere in 2004 at such a terminal. I only remember one question out of 4 though...

"Day Night Cycles?" Yes/No ? Yes ^^

Then those terminals became decoration

Damn, I even voted somewhere in 2004 at such a terminal. I only remember one question out of 4 though...

"Day Night Cycles?" Yes/No ? Yes ^^

Then those terminals became decoration

Aaaaaaaand ... DANG! ...

Only 5 years later you got the day/night cycle! LOL!

Yeah where are the ANSWERS Marco?? When can we look at your responce from our questions??
I thought my father was a liar, but tbh this beats it all...
Marco Please Answer our questions or do u need another ten VU´s to be able to think something thru?

My Peds wont roll into game until we have some of the questions answered or when we have Beacons/Taming/Face masks back ingame...
I want to be sure that i am not sticking my money in a big fire so those questions must be answered to be sure we are being heard..

We should put this in balance with the fact that vehicles are dirt cheap to use and with the mission system which also brought ALOT of consistency. Also despite the fact that it does an absolute gay sound and looks like a candy, present-day ore/en extractor is a great addition with its action range. Also must mention along the way the gold card and its outstanding protection, the autouse tool and autocraft, window mode, auction search, visibility of skills and prostanding evolution, sincere (or more sincere) stats on all items, tier system, transition to platform, rookie tools allowing a dirt cheap game if you want that, newbs area both separate and near PA, I love the immense availability of storages/auctions and tps nowadays and I am inlove like a sucker with how the water looks and reacts.

And ye loot distribution sucks my socks (but one must wonder if playerbase would be more happy with lower hofs, despite that I'd personally love that), I do miss two of my all time favourite mobs, namely umbranoid and calamusoid, I hate they introduced regen, I hate that agility doesn't have speed effect anymore.

I dearly miss facial expressions before vu 9 or whenever they first introduced Cry chardef, I dearly miss skeleton with "will dance for peds" and umbranoid inscriptions.

But let's try to keep it fair and if anybody will call me fanboi for this, will be quickly called to kiss my ass.

We should put this in balance with the fact that ...

... they at least introduced correct sunshine and shadows in Medusa's apartments. Apartments there are not longer dark although the sun is shining directly through the windows. Hate me if you want ... but for me it's a major improvement.

NOW DO THIS FOR THE OLD APARTMENTS TOO!!!

Sorry for the off topic :ahh:

What ever happened to the City of Culture?

Remember it wasn't a dead place only. At least we had one exhibition of participant's art there. That was a really good moment in Calypso's history ... gone and forgotten :eyecrazy:

I would never call you a fanboi, but keep the following in mind.

We should put this in balance with the fact that vehicles are dirt cheap to use and with the mission system which also brought ALOT of consistency.

Vehicles cheap ? Well yea, but thats why we suffered from reduced running speed in the past. Or who was selling the 800$ Helicopters again ? ;p

Marco said "Noone uses Quests anyway" in the past.

And seriously, all these "Go and kill 10.000 mobs" quests to earn a bunch skills as reward ? Ah well...maybe its only me not feeling comfortable with those.

Also must mention along the way the gold card and its outstanding protection

Yea, great stuff and it has been around since I started in 2004. It never failed like the cashcard or the IPO...because it was just there

the autouse tool / autocraft, window mode, auction search...

It was about time someone mentioning the positive things in here. I left out the tier system for a reason. ;)

I am inlove like a sucker with how the water looks and reacts.

Thanks to the cryengine 2, MindArk only payed for it. They didnt really create it.
Water can add depth to a game...but... I didnt want FarCry-Island in here...this is Calypso.

And ye loot distribution sucks my socks (but one must wonder if playerbase would be more happy with lower hofs, despite that I'd personally love that), I do miss two of my all time favourite mobs, namely umbranoid and calamusoid, I hate they introduced regen, I hate that agility doesn't have speed effect anymore.

I dearly miss facial expressions before vu 9 or whenever they first introduced Cry chardef, I dearly miss skeleton with "will dance for peds" and umbranoid inscriptions.

But let's try to keep it fair and if anybody will call me fanboi for this, will be quickly called to kiss my ass.

Word !

But fair ? MA fair ? Business fair ? Hell, not even life is fair ;S

So why would we keep it fair ? Hu ? ;)

"Autoclicker+windowed mode+auction search" isnt enough to make me believe again.

But maybe now I fully understand what it means when they say: "This game is meant for decades"...

Last edited:
Yet what are you idealizing?

A game that promised much that didn't deliver? Or was it your life that didn't deliver so you placed much of the balance on EU's head?

So a GAME did not provide you with the sanctuary you sought, so you attacked it?

It is, after all, a game, see for free, run for free, test for free, WHATEVER.

It is, at the end of the day, a place where those who feel unloved are welcome to leave at anytime.

Still, you, McCormick, with all your humour ( and yes, you have a certain wit I cannot deny ), linger on the fringe of a game. God only knows how desperate your IRL is to need this outlet so badly.

My 2 pecs ( already devalued to 0.1 pec in McCormick's self-destructive puniverse )

For the rest of us, let us keep our gametime or leave, or {removed}, or something.

But no more of this self-indulgent gibberish.

Peez ( of no standing )

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, you, McCormick, with all your humour ( and yes, you have a certain wit I cannot deny ), linger on the fringe of a game. God only knows how desperate your IRL is to need this outlet so badly.

You assume I have a desperate life because I dont stop beeing serious about the world and the designers of a MMORPG ?

What are you, some kind of psychologist ?
Some kind of average gamer that comes around, tests, leaves and doesnt care for the spirit of ingame life ?

I agree, there are truly better things to do in the world then explaining my point of view again and again, about a MMORPG that already failed, but the spirit is still there...somewhere.

If all the people that tried to fight for something would have always stopped fighting just because somone assumed they have a desperate life... man...
(yea, think about that phrase for a moment, please)

Sure, I could go out and dedicate my life to Duke Nukem 4ever or WOW...but Im here.
I grew up with Entropia. Entropia became my hobby. I belong here.
And I wont just stop because of people like you.

I probably sink with the ship, but I have an eye on the lifeboat already...

You assume I have a desperate life because I dont stop beeing serious about the world and the designers of a MMORPG ?

Some kind of average gamer that comes around, tests, leaves and doesnt care for the spirit of ingame life ?

I agree, there are truly better things to do in the world then explaining my point of view again and again, about a MMORPG that already failed, but the spirit is still there...somewhere.

If all the people that tried to fight for something would have always stopped fighting just because somone assumed they have a desperate life... man...

Sure, I could go out and dedicate my life to Duke Nukem 4ever or WOW...but Im here.

DAMN RIGHT well said sir..

Too many people especially newer players show complacency like this and are perfectly willing to spend their money without a care in the world and of course they have not seen the vast majority of BS that has surrounded this game.

The reason the ubers that have been around forever and have seen all the changes in this game that piss them off really don't show a care is because they profit off of and often times make a living ingame off of these persons that are perfectly willing to throw their money out the door without a care in the world. Gotta love this system. If you have the money to buy imp mk2 or MM and max skills and nice fap/armors.. feel free to sit back and make a killing :)

I don't know how many server closing down you have experienced, but even after half a dozen it still feels like a waste for me. I think the worst thing really allways is, that it is not in ones power to change anything, the decisions are made by others, the details of how and why are never disclosed. All had promises, could have been bestsellers and flopped because of wrong decisions.

Sure one spends a lot of time, makes friends and loses as many (ok, not true friends really, but one gets quite close).Sure not easy to take, but it's like with women, no matter how often you get disappointed, you allways hope for the best in the future :D
That's the way life goes, one day you lose and some days the others win :D

I don't know how many server closing down you have experienced, but even after half a dozen it still feels like a waste for me. I think the worst thing really allways is, that it is not in ones power to change anything, the decisions are made by others, the details of how and why are never disclosed. All had promises, could have been bestsellers and flopped because of wrong decisions.

Sure one spends a lot of time, makes friends and loses as many (ok, not true friends really, but one gets quite close).Sure not easy to take, but it's like with women, no matter how often you get disappointed, you allways hope for the best in the future :D
That's the way life goes, one day you lose and some days the others win :D

I tried KAL online, 2nd Life and Afterworld. All are still running. But they all became boring after 2-4 weeks.
Thats another reason why Im still here. I never layed my hands on Star Wars online, EVE or WOW. *yuk*
Im not a MMORPG hopper, that logs into another world when the other one becomes dull.
If Tabula Rasa would still be online, I wouldnt be here anymore. Trust me on that one.

And I did not come in here shouting "Save the whales!", did I ? ;)

Hi,

initially wrote this for another thread (see quote), but guess it suits better here:

I have ta ask WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MORONS WASTE PRECIOUS PROGRAMMING TIME AND MONEY ON THIS BULLSHIT when there are sooooooooooooo soooooooooo many things farrrrrr more important then this digital fucking dribble.

Does MA/FPC/SEE think if they keep bombarding us with mind numbly useless shit they can kill off enough brain cells to make us forget the REAL Issues of this game.
I'd formulate it a bit more polite, but I just fear to have to fully agree to this.

This is embarrassing.

Until today quite some of the old systems, where a lot of people have invested a lot of time & money in, have not been recreated. For many, many months now! This means for some participants that the value of a small car, or more, is locked into this game. No interest, no chance to withdraw it without a huge loss, and only in case of the hangar owners a small compensation.

Other systems still are waiting to be made competitive, after many years now, after countless announcements. Quite a lot of people have invested a lot of time & money into those, too. Again many participants sit waiting with partially heavy investments they did in trust of MA's promises, with locked money. Loss.

Why?

• Because useless junk like the grinding missions had to be developed. "Kill 10,000 of these monsters!", or "Visit this place, then those places" - how fresh, how new, how exciting! We haven't seen such in no other MMO's yet, right? In this way, only in most despicable Asian F2P grinders ...
  • And now we got Achievements. Again, a revolution in game design! Copied from ...?
  • We got the dreaded enhancer system that nobody seems to need but a few PK's. Where did I see this last? Wasn't my night elf priestess a full skilled enchantress?
  • And we got vehicles that seem to have been stolen from a 70's Buck Rogers movie. Nice to have one (I have), but do they really add this much to the game but a little more comfort? But they work well well as EPeen. Winterspring Frostsaber anybody, or Violet Proto-Drake?
  • Don't forget, we have in game voice chat now, only a few months after them Gnomen and Orken!
  • And can spam the world with our in game successes via FaceBook and Twitter now! How cool, any pimply teen brat will now immediately deposit all of it's pocket money ... How could we survive this long without?
This all took a load of time to code. Time that had been able to be spent on problems that actually hit the purse, and the bank accounts of numerous participants!

While the game company is busily copying left and right from what they regard as more profitable games their participants get sick. Many are suffering a serious loss on their purses. Even more just took the way of "Goodbye, and thanks for the fish." The economy is at an all time low, as are the numbers of participants on line.

MA is selling their silverware now to recoup the losses. But obviously they cannot see that it's themselves that kill this game! EU has a community that is very hardened in regards of frustration and broken promises, but even those one day will have enough. Especially when there's not enough Garcen Grease looted to ease the pain of getting bent over by MA, over and over.

This is embarrassing. Something should be done about.
Or this game will die, and this would be a pity. Making it a bastard of WoW, a few old Korean Grinders, Second Life, Barbie & Ken Online, and a few Web 2.0 features will not save their cute behinds.

We, the PE/ EU participants, have a lot of patience. We have shown over and over, maybe Guinness Book of Records would be interested? But there's a limit, even for us.

Other then in other MMO's PE/ EU participants are using quite some money for the game, often really big sums - "investment", right? And the day will come when someone will start a class action. Will MA's EULA wall then withstand the sue?

I know some fresh participants will not understand this, and will call me, and others like me, a greedy moron. But some day you'll get it, I'm sure. I might be gone for long then, but you'll cry for an extra portion of Garcen Grease, in despair. If not something changes.

Have fun!

this thread really shows what kind of schoolproject EU is. As soon as one student graduates and leaves the ones left behind seem to scrap his work and implement whatever they feel like for the day. This shows what a complete waste of effort and money that has been going on for so long now.

I am all for PE/EU/FPC/SEE (or whatever its called today) evolving, but I must agree, what is with all the "start new project, scrap half finished old project" about? How much money has been churned into these ideas with no outcome?

And they expect people to invest and spend big $ playing (opps, I mean participating) when whatever you go in for might be a temporary project that will get removed any day?

On the other hand what isnt a temporary project?

Good thread.

Man I was just looking at the face emotes and looking at my charater now. I mean... she is basically a plastic barbie doll on botox.:eyecrazy:

I dont`t think they give a sh*t about EU and the surounding planets anymore. They have made theire money, everything extra they can have from now on, is just a Bonus.

Well played MA, FPC, SEE and everyone else connected!

Status
Back