- Content of Oblivion -

Status
showimage.php
I still miss the ghosts.. I think it was much cooler to find a revival spot yourself, but I guess it takes too much time off the shooting and spending peds for MA's taste ;)

Yeh... tricky one that... but then again I never really thought of it as a stall on ped spending.... I really hope that wasn't the reason. Still if MA/SDS had ever fed anything back to the community on their decisions maybe we would understand this one....

heh dream on! :yup:

I remember I once entered Calypso's one and only cave and found a ghost in there... was quite cool. I guess it is more convenient for players but I always felt TPing to somewhere you havn't been before just cause it was closest was a bit of a cheat. They should make it so you always TP to the nearest revival you have previously visited.

Hmm I think there were PVP/rig exploits with the ghosts too... probably why they ditched em

Wistrel

Welcome to another day of silence.

Want more ?

I'd like to see growth of a playerbase instead of handful of players rubbing mobs and losing their asses off. Somebody has to pay for development and I'd rather see that sum divided among shitloads of casual gamers instead of bunch of lo... lophneons (yes, that IS a word! it means "determined gamer").

And now I'm gonna wash floors and have few beers.

It's zen.

Wow I never realised quite how much those lyrics could apply here....

I vote this the Calypso National Anthem.

McC - you could do one helluva good EU video with this song.

I vote this the Calypso National Anthem.

McC - you could do one helluva good EU video with this song.

yeh I was thinking a lot about what sort of scenes/pics could go with it

Wist

I ran out of memory at Port Atlantis again....

Yawn

Wistrel

read through the list and ahve the impression there are still a few more missing promisses...can't remember now but I think they were related to taming and other proffessions ...

Dont forget ORBs
What about it?
It's still here...Wait...That's not an....
Why is it even here ? I bet they had plans...
Ahhhh, the Cube.

It didnt even have a story around it...yea, thats MindArk !
(WTF IS that thing anyway? WHY was there a dancefloor inside? WHY can't I get into it anymore? Maybe the coders 1st of all: screwed up this "Boss Orb" and made it squared, and 2nd: Screwed up the location, could never find it to fix/delete so the Orb event ended abruptly and Orb-Cube is just sitting there "lost" and all alone - Except for me who gives it regular visits)

Introduce halfready stuff (A), to let it become useless or forgotten, just to introduce another halfready thing (B), to divert us from (A).

Then throw out announcements about (A) & (B) & (C), where (C) will never happen, but (A) & (B) will be brought back to our memories and how cool they could be, if (C) would have already made it in. Then (A) & (B) will be mentioned here and there jsut to announce (E) one day. (E) will be of course like (A) & (B), but not as (C), as (C) will never make it.

What happened to D?
Or is that the part where we start drinking to forget?

....Speaking of....

Tippin'

The Cube was used for filming, characters dancing with the newly introduced cars behind them for a show. there are a few threads about it if you use search :)

The Cube was used for filming, characters dancing with the newly introduced cars behind them for a show. there are a few threads about it if you use search :)

Hm...I have but never came up with anything conclusive....

The doctor told me once that I wasn't Dyslexic, he said I was just stupid....

Tippin'

In case many of you are unaware, our old friend Unionova spent a lot of time documenting the old features and updates at her site. Many of the things McCormick mentions from the past are listed and described in detail.

02_234x60.jpg

There is even an excellent pdf to download, contains all the information within the website (minus the galleries).

Worth a read.

*on Topic... I can see where MC's concerns rest. McCormick, keep the info coming (please!). :wise:

Last edited:
For now, let me throw in something out of the ordinary, as Part 2 still has no ETA

VU 6.1 Content List
PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 6.1
2004-10-06

Creature AI
The AI for the Project Entropia creatures is completely rewritten, allowing for more elaborate behaviors. In this VU we focus on the basic activities, while slowly evolving the creatures with group behavior and the like.

For now, let me throw in something out of the ordinary, as Part 2 still has no ETA

VU 6.1 Content List
PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 6.1
2004-10-06

Creature AI
The AI for the Project Entropia creatures is completely rewritten, allowing for more elaborate behaviors. In this VU we focus on the basic activities, while slowly evolving the creatures with group behavior and the like.

Lol now this one's really behind schedule!

lol

I guess the only way to make everyone in this game happy is to give everyone a million ped dak on day one, and a mod fap.
Its simple really , if you arent happy with the game , quit. When a game starts to affect your real life moods and causes ire then it ceases to become a game. Have fun , enjoy your time, life is to short to constantly be untwisting your panties.

travis nomad Barnes

I guess the only way to make everyone in this game happy is to give everyone a million ped dak on day one, and a mod fap.
Its simple really , if you arent happy with the game , quit. When a game starts to affect your real life moods and causes ire then it ceases to become a game. Have fun , enjoy your time, life is to short to constantly be untwisting your panties.

travis nomad Barnes

You are just another guy trying to push me out of here...because you just see this as a "game", to have fun with.
You dont understand. (Because you typed the 1million daikiba + modfap thing and that it would be the only thing making ppl happy) And no, my reallife is not affected by Entropia, because I do NOT play anymore. But yea, now and then I log in...

Im here as long as Id like to. I write here as often as I want to. And Im not alone.

Sure, I just dont see the changes I wish for coming anytime soon, but forcing me out of here because Im not satisfied with it ? Wtf ? Why do people that dislike something always have to leave or shut up ?

Id like to see changes, positive changes. A lot of 'em...

I apologize if you think i was trying to run anyone out, its not my forum to do that , nor my intention. I was merely giving my opinion on the subject , which is what i thought a forum was for. I would like to ask one question tho. You said i didnt understand and think of this merely as a "game". If this isnt a game , may i ask what it is? This isnt sarcastic , i ask because maybe i am missing something to bring my level up to something higher. Thanks , and sorry if my post seemed personal , it totally isnt.

travis nomad Barnes

Okay not "forcing you out" but a couple questions;
1)If you don't play anymore why are you concerned about EU?
2)You know the "good o'l days" are not coming back? This simulator is constantly changing, we may not always like the direction it went but we have to adapt or get left behind.
3)What's wrong with the people who play for fun?

2)You know the "good o'l days" are not coming back? This simulator is constantly changing, we may not always like the direction it went but we have to adapt or get left behind.

ROFL! You are the prototype of this folks who don't understand nothing. Congratulation, you just won the first prize!

Edit: This guy BlackHawk would have prepended: "No offense, but ..." :laugh:

I apologize if you think i was trying to run anyone out, its not my forum to do that , nor my intention. I was merely giving my opinion on the subject , which is what i thought a forum was for. I would like to ask one question tho. You said i didnt understand and think of this merely as a "game". If this isnt a game , may i ask what it is? This isnt sarcastic , i ask because maybe i am missing something to bring my level up to something higher. Thanks , and sorry if my post seemed personal , it totally isnt.

travis nomad Barnes

No need to apologize.
But why do you guess the only way to make ppl happy is "1mio peds + modfap" ? Because you dont udnerstand what I try to explain since 2009, because you havent read about it, you just jumped into this discussion, posting your opinion about what you just read. Im fine with that. But usually I dont like people telling me to quit because I dislike things.
Do you quit watching football because you disliked the last games of your favourite club ? (just an example)
I do like the game, but not the way it went.

Hey Corey...

1.) I was born in this mature MMORPG. Im not just a fun gamer. Im here since 2004. I have seen all the up and downs since then, and hell, Im not the oldest player in here. But most of the "latest" updates and text files are huge downs to me. Well, hope dies last. But it dies...
2.) Right, but that doesnt mean MA/FPC/SEE constantly have to mess with Entropia and its participants...but they do. (and not only in my eyes)
3.) Nothing, we need them, they fill the lootpool (or empty it). And they can be really nice guys. They dont understand what I felt back then and why I keep posting because of such feelings.

One day I will be forgotten and ppl will talk about a RCE game wich has Michael Jackson and Hollywood Monsters, that has to be killed in masses. They will talk about Entropia as much as people talked about it in 2004...

Lately I was blamed so hard for whining and demanding for such useless things like makeup and making items work (like my Shower Cabin and my Nallow Ceilling Lamp).

Just an information for you guys who are not interested in or not realising it. Life ... even life at a virtual universe ... can mean a lot more than just killing mobs and monsters, getting the finest gear and the biggest loots or make your way in the most eco way and be able to withdrawal some bucks. Do me a favour and stop talking about issues you are not able to understand.

don't understand nothing.

So I don't understand nothing? You know the double negative just cancels that statement out. It should have been, "don't understand anything"

McCormick,

Thanks, that actually did clear somethings up. I wasn't sure if you where one of those people who thought EU (or in your case PE) would never change and where just pointlessly whining about the good old days.
I think I get where your coming from now.

So I don't understand nothing? You know the double negative just cancels that statement out. It should have been, "don't understand anything"

English is not my first language. But you should go back to some basic English lessons before ask for trouble with spelling. You are wrong.

Another reason to ask you for stop posting! ... no offense ...

English is not my first language. But you should go back to some basic English lessons before ask for trouble with spelling. You are wrong.

Neither is it mine. I'm still correct. My spelling is accurate. Now stop trolling, I was asking a legitimate question of McCormick so I could understand where they where coming from.

travis nomad Barnes

Quitting is far easier said then done, especially if you have major bucks in big assets in game, assets that you assumed would still work today, but do not currently.... Assets related to a future that was promised but was never delivered.

owh.jpg

Assets that you might have been informed that you "own"

deed2.jpg

but later were told that you did not own, only maintained, and even then, cannot maintain since the asset(s) in question don't work, are bugged, might be related to a system that does not exist anymore like taming, etc.

Remember, it's not a game.
g1.jpg

Perhaps he has friends and assets in game... and would like to play, but is "forced" to not since so many hopes/dreams/issues related to his game style and future potential are all broken or non-existent right now.

Promises from the past, and wishes from the past keep showing up. Look through the wish list threads... Stuff that looks like stuff no one was asking for like the forts were asked for in the past. The "good ol days" ARE coming back -- it's just a matter of if they will come back fast enough for there to still be participants in game to enjoy them when the real "golden age" is back for real.

Nothing is wrong with people who just play for fun... but you might have a hard time telling that to people that "played for fun" skilling up on taming back when it was still around, people that "played for fun" with their hangers, estates that no longer are functional, etc.

We all like to play for fun... but since we are dealing with real money, it becomes a hell of a lot less fun when what you are doing to "play for fun" no longer exists, especially after you sank real money in to it.

Neither is it mine. I'm still correct. My spelling is accurate. Now stop trolling, I was asking a legitimate question of McCormick so I could understand where they where coming from.

You live in Sask and english is not your first language? :scratch2: Of course I know that Canada has a multitude of cultures and languages. Just curious as I am just next door to you. :)

I like a lot of what people have said here. Lets hope that the powers that be are listening. ;)

Thanks mastermesh, McCormick already answered.

Nor Alien, my parents where from Fort Qu'Appelle, A mostly french speaking comunity in Sask. In all honesty though they are the only people I have spoken French too since I was seven or eight.

Status
Back