- Content of Oblivion -

Status
Even if investments and dreams have been dashed on here I dont see where the owners of the game are compelled to make it "right". I think we all know the risk involved when we play , also what in real life keeps its value or stays teh same . i certainly dont have my first car , first house , or even my virginity anymore. If this is a real world economy expect real world lessons. The maeket will dictate what teh game does , if it comes to a point where so many are unhappy membership will drop off , and it will cease to exist , its a risk we all take. Be glad it isnt your 401 k.......:).

Even if investments and dreams have been dashed on here I dont see where the owners of the game are compelled to make it "right".

They made promises, promises that people invested in... They promised a "service," or actually a bunch of services that they then yanked, or that was never delivered. That is why the need to "make it right." If they can't make it right after people have already invested, they cannot be trusted with any aspect of honesty or reliability in anything in the future... Today it's the taming, broken booths, etc. Tomorrow it might be that mod fap that stops working, or that shadow armor, or that unlimited mining amp, etc.

MA provides a platform that they claim to be "safe"... If they cannot deliver the services that people already paid for, it's not safe. It actually borders on illegal false advertising...

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entropia-platform/security/
Safety and Security

MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.

If any system or asset anyone invests in can suddenly stop working for an extended period of time, it sure does not feel like any endeavor involved with the platform is something anyone can or should feel "safe" about.

Last edited:

Wow I never realised quite how much those lyrics could apply here....

I vote this the Calypso National Anthem.

McC - you could do one helluva good EU video with this song.

yeh I was thinking a lot about what sort of scenes/pics could go with it
Wist

If any of the following ideas are used, all I ask is for credit as the assistant director. :D

Darkness my old friend... come to talk with you again...
Some lonely place way way up high above the land and sea, maybe on top of a building in PA at night or something, moons in the sky.......

The vision that was planted in my brain... still remains...
Close-up of the implant tool effect on an avatar, followed by old scenes from the PE promo videos......

Restless Dreams I walked alone...
Walking along the beach (Like, Cape Corinth or something under the stars) looking for stones......

Eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light... split the night...
Footage of the last moments of Calypso before the "destruction" of things as it once was......

Ten thousand people maybe more...
Get a screenshot of the official registered account page of MindArk and scribble a few zeros off the number...... :cool:

People talking without speaking...
A quick shot of the old avatar "gibberish" talk we used to have (and in my opinion is sorely missed)......

Silence like a cancer grows...
Show forum screenshots of how infrequently we receive updates from MA/FPC/SDS, frustration regarding the belated Q&A, etc......

People bowed and prayed... to the Neon God they made...
Video of some avatars doing the bow/grovel emote in front of the "Lootius" statue in Zychion......

Sign flashed out it's warning... in the words that it was forming...
Screenshots of the old voting booths found in Entropia, which were supposed to be available to provide ingame feedback to the company. Were they ever used? They are no longer available......

They made promises, promises that people invested in... They promised a "service," or actually a bunch of services that they then yanked, or that was never delivered. That is why the need to "make it right." If they can't make it right after people have already invested, they cannot be trusted with any aspect of honesty or reliability in anything in the future... Today it's the taming, broken booths, etc. Tomorrow it might be that mod fap that stops working, or that shadow armor, or that unlimited mining amp, etc.

MA provides a platform that they claim to be "safe"... If they cannot deliver the services that people already paid for, it's not safe. It actually borders on illegal false advertising...

http://www.entropiaplatform.com/entropia-platform/security/

If any system or asset anyone invests in can suddenly stop working for an extended period of time, it sure does not feel like any endeavor involved with the platform is something anyone can or should feel "safe" about.

Proably some day they'll have to answere all their wrong doing in a court. When that happens I would be happy as those guys in benghazi lol I will be firing shot in the sky with my Jester D-1

If any of the following ideas are used, all I ask is for credit as the assistant director. :D

Darkness my old friend... come to talk with you again...
Some lonely place way way up high above the land and sea, maybe on top of a building in PA at night or something, moons in the sky.......

The vision that was planted in my brain... still remains...
Close-up of the implant tool effect on an avatar, followed by old scenes from the PE promo videos......

Restless Dreams I walked alone...
Walking along the beach (Like, Cape Corinth or something under the stars) looking for stones......

Eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light... split the night...
Footage of the last moments of Calypso before the "destruction" of things as it once was......

Ten thousand people maybe more...
Get a screenshot of the official registered account page of MindArk and scribble a few zeros off the number...... :cool:

People talking without speaking...
A quick shot of the old avatar "gibberish" talk we used to have (and in my opinion is sorely missed)......

Silence like a cancer grows...
Show forum screenshots of how infrequently we receive updates from MA/FPC/SDS, frustration regarding the belated Q&A, etc......

People bowed and prayed... to the Neon God they made...
Video of some avatars doing the bow/grovel emote in front of the "Lootius" statue in Zychion......

Sign flashed out it's warning... in the words that it was forming...
Screenshots of the old voting booths found in Entropia, which were supposed to be available to provide ingame feedback to the company. Were they ever used? They are no longer available......

See see... ;D

the safety and security statement is about online safety , ie identity theft , and personal info , it isnt a promise that you investments will pay off. we have all lost money here , and im sure we have all hit for some money also...

Safety and Security
MindArk aims to provide the safest online entertainment environment available. Safety and security is highly prioritized and MindArk has implemented functions on several levels to ensure this. Both Planet Partners and the participants on the planets should always feel safe in their endeavors in Entropia Universe.

Some examples of actions taken to ensure that Entropia Universe is one of the safest virtual worlds on the market:

•Use of real time monitoring to guard against fraudulent or prohibited activity
•Extensive logging and powerful back-end tools
•All handling of personal information concerning participants is conducted according to MindArk's Privacy Policy and applicable privacy laws
•For secure money transactions the Entropia Universe Gold Card system offers an access system equal to high-security online banks

we have all lost money here , and im sure we have all hit for some money also...

I'm just going to add something that I think you and mastermesh have overlooked, not taking sides nor do I really care which side "wins".

MA only promises the TT value and care nothing about Markup. So the example of Mod faps not working is flawed in that the TT value doesn't change. Of coarse I could think of something that happens in prison when you drop the soap that would be an apt example of how that would feel.

the safety and security statement is about online safety , ie identity theft , and personal info , it isnt a promise that you investments will pay off. we have all lost money here , and im sure we have all hit for some money also...

Right... that's what it gives as an example, but the idea that they are selling a "real cash economy" still is there... and in order for it to be "real" it needs to be "safe" so the same principles apply.

As far as the other stuff that is there goes...
Use of real time monitoring to guard against fraudulent or prohibited activity
There is still a lot of unclarity about what exactly is a "prohibited activity"... especially with stuff like the recent VTOL related bans where people were using the system in a way that was advertised as a feature in the vu updates.

•Extensive logging and powerful back-end tools
Powerful tools like the support system that is full of people that forward tickets to other departments and never follow up on the issues, or just close tickets after saying there is no eta on any fixes?

Last edited:
Right... that's what it gives as an example, but the idea that they are selling a "real cash economy" still is there... and in order for it to be "real" it needs to be "safe" so the same principles apply.

As far as the other stuff that is there goes...
There is still a lot of unclarity about what exactly is a "prohibited activity"... especially with stuff like the recent VTOL related bans where people were using the system in a way that was advertised as a feature in the vu updates.

Powerful tools like the support system that is full of people that forward tickets to other departments and never follow up on the issues, or just close tickets after saying there is no eta on any fixes?

LOL! You still fight a hopeless battle. I'm at your side ... but I'm close to give up :eyecrazy:

LOL! You still fight a hopeless battle. I'm at your side ... but I'm close to give up :eyecrazy:

Resistance !
But yes, there are more important things ahead then "Entropia Universe Messed Up To The Max"...

at least we have a cool animal running around in a teaser video:scratch2:

McCormick, you might try asking some of the questions about this stuff at the new Ask Mindark part of entropiaforum since a lot of it's system/platform related.

I think that always been MA's problem, they forget that people actually remember stuff they say.

{removed}

What about "The Orb?" :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:

"hello, I am MA representative of game content, what is it you wish to discuss about?"

Last edited:
Just by the way.

Everyone going woohoo about :

mindbank_return.jpg

Everyone going woohoo about a not even half ready, empty-beta-space,
running on 64 bit only, with huge promises like :

"this station can be destroyed in combat and will need team maintenanace"

*cough*

Now, why do I have this feeling again ?
The feeling, that the MindBank will never come and space will never be complete ?

The feeling that the lunatics are leading the blind ?

I'll add this to the "Content of Oblivion" in advance.
You'll see why. :rolleyes:

"Or what happened to the ESA Project, announced 1 year ago ?"

It is spoken about in the latest annual report as been finished, I think it was.

i only remember half of these lol... i miss when there was actual progress being made in the game...

Just a sneak peak of what (could) await(s) you in Part 2 : (no ETA at all)

All images are cropped and have a size missmatch because...I dont know why...click them for full size!

The voting booths :

Different kind of scanners :

Charming Umbranoid villages :

Real World Terminals :

Ressurrection Shuttle :

Oxford :

Orbs :

Juke Cubes :

Healing Ponds :

A closer look at food packs and beverages :

Mind Expansion Centers :

Old auction and...

... the exchange terminals...

A download booth (?):

The ingame companies :

There were more plans with China...

...not just CRD...

Banks...uh, Pawnbroker...uhm....MindBank was there in 2000 already :

Press the alarm button :

The hospitals of the past...of hadesheim...that actually never existed, or did they... :

Aahhhhh the ship...

Akbal-Cimi :

Aaahhhhh the past :

Ahhh memories.

The game "used to" have all that!?!! This game could be so much more badass right now omg.

Which will arrive first, your upcoming film or CE3 implementation. ;)

There were more plans with China...

...not just CRD...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1553579/China-sees-real-jobs-in-a-virtual-economy.html
While most virtual communities have produced a limited amount of jobs, David Liu, of CRD, has predicted thousands of positions will be created by the new online community based on a virtual planet called Calypso. He said: “It is estimated the project will generate some 10,000 qualified job opportunities in China.”

Mr Liu added: “An important aspect is also the positive effects on our environment. People will actually be able to work from home inside Entropia Universe, even from rural areas, thereby decreasing the amount of pollution generated by travel.”

http://english.mofcom.gov.cn/aarticle/newsrelease/commonnews/200906/20090606364208.html
“The virtual currency, which is converted into real money at a certain exchange rate, will only be allowed to trade in virtual goods and services provided by its issuer, not real goods and services.” it said.

Status
Back