Tragedy Strikes, to close to home.

Nukem

Provider
Society
Patriot's
Mr Nukem Quayjay
Horrible things happen in this world everyday, the world as a whole has become immune to many of tragedies that strike pain in the heart of so many people. I want to spend a few minutes telling you about a special little man that touched our hearts. A special child in our lives has been struck by a truck and pronounced dead at the scene.

Nathaniel Evan Mason, was a happy little guy age 7 that spent the majority of his days trying the best he could to get a smile out of those around him. He was kidder and was always trying to tell jokes that he would pick up from various sources wherever he could find them. He never did seem to be able to get the punch lines right but would laugh like there was no tomorrow when those punchlines came. Always a pleasure to have around and never a hurtful thing to say about anyone around him.

He was a cute lil guy and and would always show up out of nowhere and was allowed to enter our home without knocking. I met little Nat about 2 years ago when me and my wife purchased our new home that we currently live in today. Having a total of 6 children between us you learn to accept having a house full of children even the ones that are not your own. When we moved into our new home my children were very happy to see that there was lots of kids in the neighborhood that they would be able to play and grow up with. 2 out of 6 of our children attended the same school as lil Nat and my 6 year old shared the same classroom together.

Little Nat lived with his mother (currently pregnant) and older brother. The older brother witnessed the accident and is currently in a state of blame thinking it was his fault for not watching his younger brother more closely. They lived on the corner house down the street from us. He quickly became like another member of our family and spent many days and holidays with us. He often was transported home from school by my wife with our own children and never did seem to ever go home. This was a child that has been a part of our lives and even though it was technically not one of my own the pain is felt just the same.

Trying to comfort our own children in this time of tragedy is almost emotionally more then we can handle. Death is a very hard subject to have to explain to children and I pray that the people that read this will not have to ever be faced with this situation.

I ask you all to please look at the blessings you have around you, never take them for granted because they can be taken away from you at any moment and there is nothing you can do about it.

The lord took lil Nat away from us on January 27th of 2011 at 6:20pm I ask that you please send your prayers out to the family of lil Nat.

God Bless,
Mr & Mrs Quayjay

A 7-year-old Ponca City child was killed Thursday evening after being struck by a vehicle in the 3500 block of West North Avenue near the intersection with Sunny Lane at approximately 6:20 p.m.

The Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports that Nathaniel Evan Mason was pronounced dead at the scene of head, trunk external, trunk internal, leg, and arm injury.

Troopers say that Mason was sitting on his skate board and traveling west on North Avenue when he was struck by a 2006 Chevrolet truck driven by Gerald Wayne Hawkins, 51, Ponca City, who was also traveling west.

Troopers report Hawkins tried to stop and left 45 feet of skid marks before striking the child.

Hawkins was not injured.

Mason was a student of Garfield Elementary School.

Ponca City School Superintendent Dr. David Pennington said today that counselors and psychologist are at the school speaking to students.

Pennington extended his deepest sympathies to the family.

Last edited:
and reality catches up :( sry for your and the familys loss

My deepest condolences to you and the child's family

So sad to hear that :(

Sorry for you sorrow and grief

so sad to read this...
looks a bit like our live too with children coming into our house and enyoing themself with our own kids, treating them like they where our own... so can imagine the pain as if it was one of your own kid...
indeed ppl should appreciate life more because you never know what can happen, and in my own case i know how that is if a child is sick or not healthy and imo you really appreciate little things in life more because not all is for granted...
prayers go out to all of you..

Sorry to hear....

Words means nothing, but this really touched my heart.... I wish you the best in the future....

Life is not fair .. :(

r.i.p....

I don't think there is anything worse than seeing children die; it is a sad fact of life that many can't even think about, let alone face something like this. I simply cannot fathom how one deals with such a tragedy.

That's a real tragedy. I wish you all the strength to bear it.

As mine gets older, I worry more and he is only 3. Sad to hear about that little guy :(

this is a heartbreaking thread. i know all too well that things like this happen

my deepest condolences to you and the child's family

The Lord took lil Nat away from us on January 27th of 2011 at 6:20pm I ask that you please send your prayers out to the family of lil Nat.
I will pray that Nukem his family & that of the childs parents gain the strenght they need from the Lord to over come this tragedy.

But I'd like to add one thing before I do. The Lord did not take anyone away, a lot of people think this but is not true. Why would God Almighty give the child life only to take it? Can you imagine, the parent love God but can't understand why God would take the child God gave to him & his wife. This is how some people take themselves away from the faith of God's son Jesus.

If there is one thing about God I'm sure off, is he never takes back what he gives. The only one who took this delightful childs life is Satan, so we must always be diligent & pray as the only people God took, he took alive. Read the Bible for yourselfs please before making assumptions, otherwise you are calling God to be a liar by putting words in his mouth which he has not uttered or action he has not taken. God loves children so much, he wants them to have fulfilling lifes & to also live for God.

I will pray for you Nukem & know God loves everyone of you :).

:( we will light a candle for this poor soul and his family.......

Its so very sad and harsh when a child is taken away from their family :(
Have comfort in the fact that you were all lucky to have the few years in his company, to hear his laughter and enjoy the fun you shared.
RIP Nat

No words to describe it, just heartbreaking to read, my deepest condolences to you and the child's family...

Perhaps God needed him for a special mission.

Our condolences to you and the child's family
from The Knights of Calypso.

Saw this post by chance and after reading it I did take a moment to reflect about my own kids and how I take them for granted sometimes.
My condolences to everyone who is trying to deal with this tragic loss.

This is a very sad thing to hear let alone be that close to. I do know what you are saying about holding close things that are dear to you. I sat earlier this evening with a smile on my face hearing the 4 year old boy next door giigling and screaming as he was playng thru the wall between our apartments. I thought at that moment with all the bad things in life we face how special that sound really is.

My sincere condolenses to any who were close to that child and his family. It is indeed a sad sad loss.

It really is a frightening shock to reality, to have something so horrible happen to someone so young. :(
We had a similar tragedy in our tiny town, recently and feel for your heartache.
We will say a prayer for Nat's family and friends in this time of sorrow and recovery. :grouphug:

Back