Memorys

Maybe therer are enough of us to create a replica using Unity and C#...but withouth the RCE bit. just so we could see what it was like to loot something :)

Yeah, maybe we could start to rebuild it. Might even add the RCE component eventually. I was also a proponent of the ingame advertising at the time. Some ppl starting making things like Project Ion and stuff.
But from a writers perspective, I found the original backstory of PE more intriguing than most videogames. of course they got rid of that all together with the starting staff.

Maybe therer are enough of us to create a replica using Unity and C#...but withouth the RCE bit. just so we could see what it was like to loot something :)

It would need a larger team, to run that. Also the servers are not so cheap.
But yea, if some one start at this, i'm a unreal engine level designer and blue print coder.

It would need a larger team, to run that. Also the servers are not so cheap.
But yea, if some one start at this, i'm a unreal engine level designer and blue print coder.

Well, I was thinking of the Unity engine, but the code should not be that difficult.
I am more of a visionary and ideas man, although I am learning C#, so I wouldn't be of much help :(

Hmmm. Birth of an alternative RCE which keeps the spirit of the old PE....

Yeah, maybe we could start to rebuild it. Might even add the RCE component eventually. I was also a proponent of the ingame advertising at the time. Some ppl starting making things like Project Ion and stuff.
But from a writers perspective, I found the original backstory of PE more intriguing than most videogames. of course they got rid of that all together with the starting staff.

Yeah, I have seen Project Ion. And saw active players there too. Graphics are poor and the movement system needs some work, but it has a great foundation to build on...

Well, I was thinking of the Unity engine, but the code should not be that difficult.
I am more of a visionary and ideas man, although I am learning C#, so I wouldn't be of much help :(

Hmmm. Birth of an alternative RCE which keeps the spirit of the old PE....

Why not unity:

License of unreal engine is much better.
Blue print coding + C++ coding / plus converting from blueprint to C
I'm working with MMO coder ppl together, where we are testing a great MMO tool kit for unreal marketplace
Knowlege of unreal engine, about a lot of ppl using this engine.
Unreal support any platform (this don't mean, that you can make every game looking nice on phones)
Unreal support VR
No cost to use unreal engine, except you get a incomming of more as 3k per Q from a game, then you have to pay 5%

Hello, again.

Hello. :)

So after a short break away from EU (about 12 years :laugh: ) I recently found a folder of my old screenshots, which led to visiting the forum and reading threads such as this one, while listening to the videos, and wallowing in so many memories flooding back. A number of your posts are very moving, and it reminded me how important and how huge an impact the players had back then in creating the daily chatter, crazy antics and general goings-on within the game.

P.E. was my first online game, and although the music and vast landscape had an amazing feeling of exploring the unknown, where anything is possible - I now realise it was YOU, the other explorers who truly breathed life and variety and excitement into Calypso.

Mac said so many things in his great post that are exactly what I also feel, especially:
I can't explain how powerful the feeling and experience was, nor can I transfer it to others who were not there, no matter how many stories I tell to try and explain it.

I was never particularly good at anything IRL, and to be able to see my ingame skills progressing, unlocking a new skill now and then, was a very attractive lure to keep wanting to play more and more.
During my previous time on Calypso, I didn't know about or chose to ignore the concept of hunting small and skilling up slowly. I hunted as big as possible, at the expense of completely inefficient decay & ammo use. I did remain naturally skilled for a long time, until finally succumbing to chipping in skills hoping to improve my avatar but really just throwing his skills out of whack.

Having chipped out and sold everything years ago, my avatar now feels like someone has drilled lots of holes in his head, so many skill gaps. :ahh:

I'm enjoying hearing the strange and cute sounds made by the various mobs, although some mobs such as the Ambulimax, which used to have such a plaintive, whimsical sound, now have a sound like a mixture of elephant trumpeting mixed with MA staff farting in the bath. :scratch2:

And so, Burgerman is again wandering the landscape on Calypso, although this time armed with some TT weapons and enjoying the fun of chasing puny mobs. I keep the Rookie chat window disabled and just enjoy the experience of poking around exploring. And if I see injured players I still try to throw them some MF heals at my now much lower heal ability. :wtg:

Thankyou all.

Welcome back!
Risking a suggestion, since you said this avi is suffering from skill "holes" :) "disable" it and make a fresh start.
This way you will adjust to the game, because it's tottaly different one than that you knew back then.

Another Lost Soul

Like Burgerman I am also returning to the game. WOW has it changed. But might be fun. I will give it a chance. I know one thing, there will not be anymore towers. Not at 30 probes a drop lol. Time to change professions. :yup:

:yay::yay::yay:
I can't believe reading from both of you, Bunny and Burgerman.

As you can see some old pals are still around. I am more than happy to see you again and that you continue your virtual journey.

see you soon !

Lost But Not Forgotten! ;)

Zippo N Raven:
ravennzip.jpg

Fun Times:
pimpin.jpg

Near PVP2 Famous Sweat Camp:
oldsweatspot.jpg

Shortly after PvP2 was put in at Oil Rig:
oldrig.jpg

Building Climbing Bug was a blast:
hadesravenzip.jpg

Another @ Hades:
hades.jpg

Original Eon (sniff :*( )
eonzippo1.jpg

Looked Amazin Compared to crap look today:
eonzippo.jpg

CT (Really miss Crash!!!! He was one of the coolest dudes i ever met) :
ct.jpg

Black Legion before you could hunt in team:
blacklegionhunt.jpg

man those old photos of us when we skilled on snarks all the time and climbing around old hades were the days. i miss these days of PE.

About memories, who can remember what de mindforce skills and profession was called before they changed the mindforce system?
I know that the old profession was split up in electrokinesis and thelepathy. But what was this old profession called?

The grafic changed much, and looks better now, but on the cost to loose a lot old nice funy things. I don't think i need to call everything here, we just miss since then.

Back