Thread: Memorys

Self-requested Deactivation
    Acronoid
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe therer are enough of us to create a replica using Unity and C#...but withouth the RCE bit. just so we could see what it was like to loot something
    Yeah, maybe we could start to rebuild it. Might even add the RCE component eventually. I was also a proponent of the ingame advertising at the time. Some ppl starting making things like Project Ion and stuff.
    But from a writers perspective, I found the original backstory of PE more intriguing than most videogames. of course they got rid of that all together with the starting staff.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Maybe therer are enough of us to create a replica using Unity and C#...but withouth the RCE bit. just so we could see what it was like to loot something
    It would need a larger team, to run that. Also the servers are not so cheap.
    But yea, if some one start at this, i'm a unreal engine level designer and blue print coder.

The "Fifth" Entity
    Society
    The Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ► Fifth's

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Fezza Prozac Sanity
    Society
    Project X-Y
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trance View Post
    It would need a larger team, to run that. Also the servers are not so cheap.
    But yea, if some one start at this, i'm a unreal engine level designer and blue print coder.
    Well, I was thinking of the Unity engine, but the code should not be that difficult.
    I am more of a visionary and ideas man, although I am learning C#, so I wouldn't be of much help

Hmmm. Birth of an alternative RCE which keeps the spirit of the old PE....
    Recruit in Project X-Y
    The only thing Dynamic in entropia is the TRUTH!
    The most expensive free game ever...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Fezza Prozac Sanity
    Society
    Project X-Y
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Acro View Post
    Yeah, maybe we could start to rebuild it. Might even add the RCE component eventually. I was also a proponent of the ingame advertising at the time. Some ppl starting making things like Project Ion and stuff.
    But from a writers perspective, I found the original backstory of PE more intriguing than most videogames. of course they got rid of that all together with the starting staff.
    Yeah, I have seen Project Ion. And saw active players there too. Graphics are poor and the movement system needs some work, but it has a great foundation to build on...
    Recruit in Project X-Y
    The only thing Dynamic in entropia is the TRUTH!
    The most expensive free game ever...

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Well, I was thinking of the Unity engine, but the code should not be that difficult.
    I am more of a visionary and ideas man, although I am learning C#, so I wouldn't be of much help

Hmmm. Birth of an alternative RCE which keeps the spirit of the old PE....
    Why not unity:

License of unreal engine is much better.
    Blue print coding + C++ coding / plus converting from blueprint to C
    I'm working with MMO coder ppl together, where we are testing a great MMO tool kit for unreal marketplace
    Knowlege of unreal engine, about a lot of ppl using this engine.
    Unreal support any platform (this don't mean, that you can make every game looking nice on phones)
    Unreal support VR
    No cost to use unreal engine, except you get a incomming of more as 3k per Q from a game, then you have to pay 5%

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jelly Burgerman Belly
    Society
    Freelance
    Images

Hello, again.

Hello.

So after a short break away from EU (about 12 years ) I recently found a folder of my old screenshots, which led to visiting the forum and reading threads such as this one, while listening to the videos, and wallowing in so many memories flooding back. A number of your posts are very moving, and it reminded me how important and how huge an impact the players had back then in creating the daily chatter, crazy antics and general goings-on within the game.

P.E. was my first online game, and although the music and vast landscape had an amazing feeling of exploring the unknown, where anything is possible - I now realise it was YOU, the other explorers who truly breathed life and variety and excitement into Calypso.

Mac said so many things in his great post that are exactly what I also feel, especially:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

I can't explain how powerful the feeling and experience was, nor can I transfer it to others who were not there, no matter how many stories I tell to try and explain it.
    I was never particularly good at anything IRL, and to be able to see my ingame skills progressing, unlocking a new skill now and then, was a very attractive lure to keep wanting to play more and more.
    During my previous time on Calypso, I didn't know about or chose to ignore the concept of hunting small and skilling up slowly. I hunted as big as possible, at the expense of completely inefficient decay & ammo use. I did remain naturally skilled for a long time, until finally succumbing to chipping in skills hoping to improve my avatar but really just throwing his skills out of whack.

Having chipped out and sold everything years ago, my avatar now feels like someone has drilled lots of holes in his head, so many skill gaps.

I'm enjoying hearing the strange and cute sounds made by the various mobs, although some mobs such as the Ambulimax, which used to have such a plaintive, whimsical sound, now have a sound like a mixture of elephant trumpeting mixed with MA staff farting in the bath.

And so, Burgerman is again wandering the landscape on Calypso, although this time armed with some TT weapons and enjoying the fun of chasing puny mobs. I keep the Rookie chat window disabled and just enjoy the experience of poking around exploring. And if I see injured players I still try to throw them some MF heals at my now much lower heal ability.

Thankyou all.
    "Technology, in the hands of a fool, is no more than a broken toy. Congratulations MA, on your new broken toy".
    Astrelle Asti Difavitom
    "MA should be EMBARRASSED."
    Jo Aloisius Smith

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    Welcome back!
    Risking a suggestion, since you said this avi is suffering from skill "holes" "disable" it and make a fresh start.
    This way you will adjust to the game, because it's tottaly different one than that you knew back then.

Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Sandra Bunny Doright
    Society
    The Forsaken
    Images

Another Lost Soul

Like Burgerman I am also returning to the game. WOW has it changed. But might be fun. I will give it a chance. I know one thing, there will not be anymore towers. Not at 30 probes a drop lol. Time to change professions.
    Happiness is waking up in the mornin'. Beats the alternative.

HOF's 73 - Globals 581 - Space Ships 41 - Towers 2, but who's counting

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Slartybartfass Slarty Bummel
    Society
    OldTimers

I can't believe reading from both of you, Bunny and Burgerman.

As you can see some old pals are still around. I am more than happy to see you again and that you continue your virtual journey.

see you soon !
    Rgds
    Slarty
    Just playin for fun

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast