Info: Old school armour!

STYRM

Elite
STYRM
I looked on some old pics I have and found me posing in kobold.. and that got me thinking.. why not make a thread where ppl can post pics of how armour looked like before.. imo almost everything looked cooler before so pls post pics!! :)

my dream was to own that ship.. kinda looks like the ones we have now

ok no one interested in pics? well heres another one

I'm wearing old school Nemesis + old school PVP ahhhh i'm missing it (it was in PVP3, PVP4 didn't exist).

I'm wearing old school Nemesis + old school PVP ahhhh i'm missing it (it was in PVP3, PVP4 didn't exist).

old nemesis was awesome :) I had a full set after 3 weeks playing I think.. even bought a boar harness and then looted a jag harness.. but all the other parts was nemesis.. liked it alot

I miss the old armors...

omg how did you guys tolerate such ugly textures for so long ? I remember around 2006 i logged in to check out entropia and had to immediately uninstall it because of the graphics being so hurtful on my eyes. God bless cryengine, it sparked enough of an interest in me to check out the game again and this time I stuck around. For all of you saying you like the old armor better, maybe you are just letting nostalgia cloud your judgment ?

omg how did you guys tolerate such ugly textures for so long ? I remember around 2006 i logged in to check out entropia and had to immediately uninstall it because of the graphics being so hurtful on my eyes. God bless cryengine, it sparked enough of an interest in me to check out the game again and this time I stuck around. For all of you saying you like the old armor better, maybe you are just letting nostalgia cloud your judgment ?

well, a good amount of the people here have played 8 bit games when they game out :p

on a more serious note: armour (especcially uber like sentinel, chronicle, vain) used to look, well..uber instead of the same ole look for everything and when you got a piece you where proud as f*ck. these days, its more like, yay! its worth xxx, it has stats yyy, but it looks like piece zzz, instead of having a unique feeling for all armours. (yes, color difference made it easy to tell what armour was worn instead of guessing...

My paradox armor looked badass in the day, now it looks ordinary.

well, a good amount of the people here have played 8 bit games when they game out :p

ZX81's and BBC micro's are where I started. There's more processing power in a toaster now.

I found a few pictures of my Gremlin set and one is my solitary #8 hof that I thought I'd lost.

remember the bug where people would run around for hours with no underwear on without knowing ;)

ZX81's and BBC micro's are where I started. There's more processing power in a toaster now.

I found a few pictures of my Gremlin set and one is my solitary #8 hof that I thought I'd lost.

remember the bug where people would run around for hours with no underwear on without knowing ;)

many chafed thighs that day.:laugh:

Vigi F and M

I old times the armors looked more sturdy... I still don't like the new ones.. Better grafix but stupid plastic costume feeling.

Yes, everything is shit without graphics.

Moron.

I think I've lost all mine due to hard disk death recently.... only just realised! CRY!!!!

are you kidding? seriously?

take a look at the old face emotes!

Vigi F and M

I old times the armors looked more sturdy... I still don't like the new ones.. Better grafix but stupid plastic costume feeling.

agreed 100%

the old actually looks like there is several parts.. the new armour looks like some kind of suit.. (except for some L)

Here is a shot of my bear armor (note the Ghost shins asthere were only 4 sets of female bear shins in game at that point) back in minopolis when I was hunting big Atrax out that way with my teg 6.

On a side note I think the dude behind me had on Viking

Here is a shot of my bear armor (note the Ghost shins asthere were only 4 sets of female bear shins in game at that point) back in minopolis when I was hunting big Atrax out that way with my teg 6.

On a side note I think the dude behind me had on Viking

dude behind you = explorer.

good mountain boots btw.

Last edited:
bump this!

shadow pics pls!!!! and eon!!! and the few pics of Pote!!! those pics give me a boner :laugh:

You asking for it right :D

thank you kind sir

Me & a Trox posing for the Camera (Nemesis)

Me & a Friend by the rig (Vigi + ? & Nemesis)

:laugh:

Ghost, I think just before the clothes & armour overhaul.

As for ugly textures, tried alot to remake my ava's old face, no chance so far

Goddamn i miss Old school appearance :cry:
Nostalgic memories form PA for example.
My first armor, everything..
AhHhHHhH the nostalgy...

Me & a Trox posing for the Camera (Nemesis)

Me & a Friend by the rig (Vigi + ? & Nemesis)

:laugh:

hes wearing vigi and rascal :) great pics

want mooooore piczies!

Back