Entropia Universe 11.6.0 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Dynamic Content Distribution Step 2

This release includes the second part of the Dynamic Content Distribution.

We now have support for content download while logged in; you can log in to one planet while downloading other planets' content.

The dynamic content distribution has the following characteristics that you can control as described:

• Prioritizing download at content releases: At new content releases the content download is divided into two parts: first required content (general content, needed for all planets) and then planet-specific content. The Launch button will be enabled after all the required content has been downloaded. Click the Launch button and log in to prioritize content download of the planet you are located on.
  • Log in during download: You will be able to log in to the client when required content and the additional content related to the planet you are located on has been downloaded completely, even though other planets might still not be finished downloaded.
  • Default download behavior: The default download behavior is that only the planetary system you are located on is downloaded automatically. Within that planetary system one planet is downloaded at a time.
  • Manually handle download behavior: In the Map UI - now the Navigator UI - you can prioritize the download order for each planet and choose to disable or enable download of each planet. You can also check which planets that are finished downloaded and which are not.
  • Pause/Start download: Once logged on you can check the download status in the Download UI. In this UI you can also pause the download and restart it. By default, this UI is open as long as the client is still being downloaded, but you can choose to minimize it.
Improvements when Creating a New Account

Simplified Account Creation

We have made several improvements to the account creation process to facilitate for new users to create an account:

• The account creation is now integrated in the download process.
  • A new user can open the account creation form directly in the Client Loader interface; the Create Account button in the Client Loader, directly opens the form a new user needs to fill in.
  • The account creation form is simplified and less information is required from the new user at this stage.
Genesis - The New Starting Area

We now introduce Genesis. This is a small client (around 300MB) where new account holders can enter the virtual environment and learn the basics of Entropia Unvierse while the the next destination is downloaded in the background.

Genesis includes a few quick tutorials and short quests aimed at newcomers. This is where CharDef (Avatar Customization) is placed now and the new account holders can also try different garments on and chat with other avatars.

Note: We have increased the variation possibilities for newly created avatars' appearances. Therefore, in a coming release, we will give all current participants the opportunity to customize their avatar appearance again.

Improvements

Miscellaneous

• Aiming in OTS (Over The Shoulder) view is now more accurate.
  • In Auction UI, improved the search function; included filters for gender, limited and unlimited items, and planets. Using the planet filter will sort out the items placed in the Auction from the planet you selected.
  • Updated the Client Loader appearance during patching.
  • At log in, added "Remember Username" check box for easier log in.
  • The functions are still the same, but the transaction process for new participants, through the web, is updated.
End User Policies

• EULA and ToU updated to include information about Genesis ("Entropia Universe Starting Area").

Known Issues

• Some of the new avatars entering Genesis only have their underwear on. However, the orange jump suit is available in the Equipped panel, in the Clothes UI (press I to open), and can be equipped from there.

More...

Last edited by a moderator:
so not that interesting:mad:

Streaming updates instead of a hard DL.... SWEET

Remembering username..... saves some time (security?)

Being able to recreate your avatar? PRICELESS

:laugh:

I like it, for once.

Its actually a damn interesting new Release in my oppinion.
In the one hand, MA is opening now the perfect download solutation for ALL upcoming planets in future, the base for it exists NOW! 2nd another handy features now might be the ones with the newcomers, its more easier and not that scary to them anymore: new players, more players! 3rd auction possibilities expanded, its again more user friendly, 4th, appereance free change: PERFECT:yay::lolup:

again no pets ? i wonder how we could hold new player , if all old get angry from the missing systems :scratch2:

At least they should add some new items even imaginary, just for our motivation :(

At least they should add some new items even imaginary, just for our motivation :(

Here's an imaginary Imp Fap for you to use, have fun with it. I looted it in my imagination! ;)

This is a Mindark release, new items tend to arrive shortly after FPC (now SDS) releases.

Last edited:
Cool, a 300mb initial download!

Finally people who don't know the game wont have to commit soo much of their bandwidth just to try it out, this is great news IMHO.

Auction search filters are pretty sweet too!

Some

This is probably changes they HAVE to do before more planets comes online so maybe they can focus more on old systems after this?

awww

STILL no hangers??? (or makeup masks?) :(

Dynamic Content Distribution Step 2

[*]In Auction UI, improved the search function; included filters for gender, limited and unlimited items, and planets. Using the planet filter will sort out the items placed in the Auction from the planet you selected.

Much needed, thank you.

This is probably changes they HAVE to do before more planets comes online so maybe they can focus more on old systems after this?

I'm pretty sure they have different departments handing different things. So, even tho these might be the implementations we get now, the rest is still being worked on.

This is where CharDef (Avatar Customization) is placed now and the new account holders can also try different garments on and chat with other avatars.

Note: We have increased the variation possibilities for newly created avatars' appearances. Therefore, in a coming release, we will give all current participants the opportunity to customize their avatar appearance again.

Yay :girl::girl::girl:
I wonder if it will live up to my expectations that I wrote in the survey

Yay :girl::girl::girl:
I wonder if it will live up to my expectations that I wrote in the survey

what did you wirte/describe? I would love to see the possibilities we have in Brink, and I doubt, this is possible in EU :(.

Any change is good, looking to the future:D

Best VU Ever?

Yea, i know what you are thinking. This VU doesn't have anything for me.

You wanted taming. You wanted hangers back. You wanted space.

Yea, you didn't get what you want, but check this out - people who have never played this game got a dramatically lowered cost of entering the game for the first time.

Seriously, a lot of people don't have the patience or the bandwidth to download gigs of data in order to find out if they like this game. They cancel downloads. They go to sleep. They play angry birds.

Yes, you are not one of these people. You're a hardcore nerd who sat and downloaded this game for hours, or maybe you got in a long time ago, and the ever increasing patches haven't seemed all that cumbersome.

We all benefit greatly from fresh meat. New players are the lifeblood of any game.

Lowering the barrier of entry for new players will benefit us all in a major way.

Well, all of us except for you dedicated hardcore sweaters. Nobody likes you anyway.

• In Auction UI, improved the search function; included filters for gender, limited and unlimited items, and planets. Using the planet filter will sort out the items placed in the Auction from the planet you selected.
Planet filters in auction, good. What about market history graphs? Will they be filterable as well or allways show data from all planets?

Excellent job on a high quality VU. :)

so now we can download what planets we want.

How do we remove current installed planets we don't want?

Maybe the next vu?

dandy

I'm perfectly happy with this VU, not much for old players but I'd rather have dynamic download filtering anyway.

Plus a chance to regen the avatar and auction filters is good enough :)

One thing it doesn't mention is are we allowed to visit Genesis to complete any quests there? In case of Attribute gains etc.

Maybe :( I really don't like how it was claimed there will be something (instances) coming back in first release of the year and it was something else. I don't care for how long the download takes. I'm not convinced that I have any other way than setting everything to be downloaded before launching client to be assured of stability when encountering items from planets other than Calypso, so what do I gain from the dynamic download?

Oh, and also - why is there nothing about noob clubs in the release notes? Are these still missing then?

so now we can download what planets we want.

How do we remove current installed planets we don't want?

Maybe the next vu?

dandy

Go to your Control Panel and pick "Remove program" and pick Entropia Universe. Reinstall and only pick the planets you like - Simple.

Maybe :( I really don't like how it was claimed there will be something (instances) coming back in first release of the year and it was something else. I don't care for how long the download takes. I'm not convinced that I have any other way than setting everything to be downloaded before launching client to be assured of stability when encountering items from planets other than Calypso, so what do I gain from the dynamic download?

Oh, and also - why is there nothing about noob clubs in the release notes? Are these still missing then?

Noob clubs and the boar parts are to be fixed by NDS I assume, not MA. MA just removed them due to crashbugs.

But you should learn that MA never, ever follow release schedules. Plus, it was FPC members talking about MA systems, it's getting pretty obvious FPC/SEE have absolutely no say over what MA develops.

They play angry birds.
Who doesn't? :yay:

I'm happy with the free ava rebuild, but it will not come in this update, so looking forward to it.
I like the possibility of filtering auction search.

In general, it does seem like an important update, ofc leaving us still dreaming about old systems :eyecrazy:

No Bug Fixes.

Mining still unusable for me.

Back