Help: Can somebody please be more helpful than support...

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
...and upload their "shared_platform_02.pak" file located in the "Entropia Universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" folder somewhere, please?

Been asking for over 4 hours in the other thread but apparently nobody notices, so had to start a thread for it.

It's only an 80 MB file, and it's not letting me start the game, because my client loader stops responding once it tries to download a certain file in it.

I'm hoping that by downloading a working version I'll finally be able to launch the game.

hmm my dynamic content folder is empty :|
i seem to be able to log on tho....

i suggest you back up your entropia file everytime before you try the new VU's, i know, dont help much now......, ill ask in blue chat if anyone can help yas.

Thanks loki. Somebody already uploaded it for me, and I still get the very same error, eventhough I'm supposedly with the complete file for the current VU and the client loader still tries to download it.

Apparently will have to wait a few days to get the next response from support, which, if I'm very lucky might actually help somehow, for once. :tapfinger

Ok, I give up. I just give up, this completely retarded client downloading system leaves me no option.

Tried uninstalling the whole game, then re-installing (even after clearing the registry of all data pertaining to EU, manually, since the uninstall function doesn't remove everything), and it STILL gets stuck trying to download that fucking 82kB file! And what's even more astonishingly stupid: that broken file is the very FIRST thing it tries to download now!

Will MA, FPC, SDS or whatever powers that bloody be take a look into this load of bullshit and perhaps grant access to the files in the manual download homepage again? I have tried everything, and nothing worked.

For some reason, I fully expect my support to come with a stupid response like "Are you sure your internet connection is working?", eventhough I clearly said I checked it on the case's description.

I'm glad I dont get so many issues after every download. Aren't you that guy who just recently came back after a long absense? Anyways no idea how to help you here buddy. Maybe someone else will :). Hope you get it fixed!!

well .. that's not a very nice way to welcome Huskie back to Calypso! :cussing:

I know how frustrating the broken updates can be - I hope you figure it out, soon.
Who else will control the Molisk population!?!? :sniper:

I KNEW IT!

Solved:
(Feb 3, 2011 3:09 PM GMT) Hi,

Thank you for your report. Please do the following checks:

1. If you have a firewall, make sure it allows FTP downloads.

2. If you have a router, it has to be configured to allow FTP as well.

3. Make sure you have enough free memory, RAM minimum => 2048 MB

4. Make sure you have enough space on your hard drive => 10 Gb.

5. If you have an Anti-virus program, make sure Entropia Universe is an approved application.

6. If you are on a public computer, for instance in a school or at a company, check list items 1 and 2 with the administrator.

7. Disable any download managers.

8. Make sure that you security software(Antivirus, Internet security, firewall,...) is not interfering with the download process. You can try to disable your security software during the download to see if this improve your situation.

9. Set the Download thread count to 1 in the tools menu of the client loader.

Also make sure that your are running the Entropia Universe application as administrator. Please let me know whether these checks has helped your resolve your issue.

Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support
Seriously?! I clearly said it when I first submitted the case that my game previously downloaded and was running fine until yesterday's update and that it's my client loader getting stuck on the same stupid file over and over again and this is the "solution" I get?

I know it's support's standard procedure to make sure the person isn't doing any stupid basic mistake, but he had all the info that showed I'm not doing any of that in the submitted text. Do these guys even read the support cases, or just the summary line?

I'll make sure to NOT give a summary line on my next support case, so they may actually read the long version.

But hey, at least he skipped asking me if my computer is actually plugged into the power socket or if my monitor is turned on!

Finally something more promising from support:

Gabriel|Support Hi,
We will carry out some tests to determine the cause of this error. We will contact you as soon as we have more information.
Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Gabriel| Planet Calypso Support
The case's status is "work in progress" so I'm hoping this means they're actually working on finding a solution. :)

I hope they actually do find one. :(

Try this, it worked for me.

c/prog files x86/entropia universe/bin32/client loader

Right click client loader and choose the compatibility tab, set compatibility for xp service pack3, and also set it to run as administrator (run as admin fixes many probs)

Works like a charm.

Sorry if someone said this already, just trying to help.

I would try to open client loader and it wouldnt work, so a quick fix is to start the game directly from the application, but the xp thing is a better fix. Sounds like the same problem I was having.

If anybody could be as kind as to upload their "shared_items_0X.pak" files, located in the "[...]\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" folder I would be very grateful. There should be 3 of them. I believe this is all I need now to be able to launch my game.

Thanks icecold, I'm finally able to log in, again! :yay:

This thread can be closed now.

Back