Support news from JWT

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Statement from the CEO Jan Welter Timkrans concerning upcoming systems inside Entropia Universe

“We are currently prioritizing the systems necessary for the entire “Entropia Universe Concept” to function correctly. This includes getting the rudimentary space flight system that we had implemented in earlier versions up to speed. This is now our number one priority, which I am sure a number of current holders of hangars are pleased to hear. The new space system will permit flight from one planet to any other planet within the Entropia Universe and of course there will be opportunities for a lot of adventures along your travels.

We would also like to inform you that we have already employed about 20% new programmers who have started work in 2011 and we are aiming to employ about 20% additional programmers in the first and second quarters of 2011 so we can speed up the delivery of systems into Entropia Universe. Work has already started on the “Taming” and “ Mentoring” systems which will be back with a number of added features. Next in line is the “Makeup” and “Beacon “systems and mutants.”

Sincerely,

Jan Welter Timkrans

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
{moved to OP. Thanks}

Last edited by a moderator:
FINNALLY SOME INFORMATION...

Thankz guys ...

It seems that changes are good.Finnaly we can wait for something.thx

Nice to get info.

Looks like they're going to push out hangars as expensive teleporters. So no change in gameplay there.

And if work is just starting on taming I wouldn't expect it finished until 2012. You know, when the world is ending.

wow, it speaks :eyecrazy:

yeah I must admit i was surprised... but also pleased to hear something...
even if it is not really that "good" news since it means that development is like really faaaar behind...
I mean the ETA for all old systems was 2010... but after reading this we will most likely not see them all in...

OMGAAAWD WE HAVE A STRANGE SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHH THE EGG.... NOOO AAAHHH THE MUTANTS... NOOO AAAAAH THE ANSWERS!!!!!!!!
:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

I want to see if I understand correctly.. It seems like all 'game systems' are still in MA's hands. So, what do the planet partners actually do? Just design a map and create some missions?

This is disappointing. I seems to mean that no new planet can actually have any new and unique game systems? For instance.. in planet michael.. there has been talk about something analogous to combat using dancing. Is this something that SDS is going to develop or are they dependent on MA (and its 10 year legacy of taking forever to deliver anything) to implement?

This will be an interesting year :)

FYI WHATS WITH MUTants anyway ?

Well the thing that immediately comes to mind, missing ones, should be pretty easy:
- Calamusoid (F) (Hasn't been ingame since vu 9)
- Calamusoid (M) (Currently replaced by maffoids)
- Umbranoids (a source for higher level (L) whips? Orbs back as interplanetary teleporters?)
- Biffoids (gimme a chance to loot a mod fap :laugh: )
- Feffoid traders?

and maybe some locations related to this:
- Feffoid camps? (Maybe even with a clean feff spawn like during the egg event)
- Statue & camp back (ok 512m hill ain't no more but maybe on some other hill?)
- Umbranoid villages and towns
- Thorifoid village with temple (maybe even with possibility to enter temple)
- Argonaut village? (well there used to be something that with good imagination could be a argo village between Bivo and Fort Argus, without imagination it looked like a collection of big rocks leaned towards eachother)

Though, I guess (re-)implementing this is a 99% FPC thing. To implement it quickly the feffoid trader could be implemented as a trade terminal ("trade pappoo"). As is probably (re-)implementing turps, repesilexes, aetherex and gradivores. (Turps and repesilexes have been ingame during "vu 10" but have been looking a bit strange.) Turps as a source for Turp leather (lol) and repesilexes wood extractors (I think). Gradivores used to be a "source" of TP(II) chips outside pvp4. Aetherex, well probably plain annoying when you hunt fugas (lol) as they are pretty aggro but I wouldn't mind them back ingame in some remote area.

Ah and maybe the creature I've called plasmoid. (Name analogous to "calamusoid","umbranoid", "feffoid" etc.)

Last edited:
Why beacons and instances as the last priority :eek:

It was one of the coolest features ingame!

Anyway, great to see some reaction. Please make this a standard thing. Why does the community always need to go berserk before there is some information??

So to summarise the summary:

NUMBER ONE PRIORITY = "The new space system will permit flight from one planet to any other planet within the Entropia Universe and of course there will be opportunities for a lot of adventures along your travels"

2. Taming and Mentoring (already started)

3. Makeup

4. Mentoring

5. Beacons

6. Mutants

No mention of new avatars (realistically it would be daft to start makeup of Mutants before this is done) not even convinced taming is a good idea without it tbh.

Well, I we'll see if any of the above actually happens.

Wistrel

The reason why the Umbranoids is gone is because there's a code missing for them to function properly.

You should have a contest for who can make the best story for their return :yay: I have a good one that I have been thinking about posting but... ;)

Does this statement have any effect on the current distribution of loot in the game? Just curious, I know that alot of people are wanting to see the old systems put back in effect as do I, but most of the complaints in my society chat is focused on the horrible returns everyone is getting.

I only hope these newly hired programmers means crap like these non-functional updates becomes less frequent, rather than the other way around. :mad:

You old time EU'ers crack me up...so excited to hear news about features that are mear legend to me..... I still have no idea what a beacon is....

NOW WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

This thread is just a figment of your imagination.......

Does this statement have any effect on the current distribution of loot in the game? Just curious, I know that alot of people are wanting to see the old systems put back in effect as do I, but most of the complaints in my society chat is focused on the horrible returns everyone is getting.

Funny thing is that they said it si the same system as in 9.4 :)

The reason why the Umbranoids is gone is because there's a code missing for them to function properly.

Are FPC sick?
So simple answers make us more relax...

Keep coming information from inside anyways we are parte of community :p

Very glad to see information coming out... :yay:

Back