Question: Will We Ever Get?

Will we ever see this level of detail in EU?

• Yes, within a year or two .

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Yes, but not within the next couple of years.

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Part of the way, but not all the way there.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Not gonna happen.

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

Calin

Prowler
Society
Delta Force
Arutha Calin Surana
I've been wondering since the original CE2 announcement so long ago...

Will we ever get the facial detail that CE2 can do?

The graphics all seem so scaled back from what CE2 can do, I wonder sometimes why MA went to CE2 in the first place.

I want the level of detail the engine can handle...

crysis8_small.jpg

Last edited:
Yep I can't wait untill this level of detail is available.. but I also wonder if my vid card can handle it!! :eyecrazy::ahh:

Oh and one more thing.. where did you find this pic?

Will we ever get the facial detail that CE2 can do?
I want the level of detail the engine can handle...

crysis8_small.jpg

jawdrop.jpg

THAT is what CE2 can look like?!?!?

They're apparently already working on an avatar update... so I'd say yes, we'll get it, hehe.

I had initially thought that this was the level of detail they were aiming for when they first announced the switch to Cryengine. While EU is very pretty now, it still is nowhere near what I thought they were going for... it is still very cartoonish at the moment.

With that said, this is a contantly-updating MMO. I doubt we will ever see that level of detail in EU. At least not anytime soon.

Well Mindark has said they're overhauling the avatar system AGAIN.. so I expect something between what we have now and what is possible with CE2 within the next few months.

The avatar update as suggested by the SDS CEO will allow us to redo our avatars, hopefully with more detail. The thing is I guess is how our graphics cards will handle such high detail in avatars. THey may just phase it in slowly as we upgrade our systems.

If we end up with that level of detail as shown in your pics...do we still wear underwear when naked :D

Last edited:
Although I like that detail I'm going to hope that the answer is no, at least not for several more years. The reason? Because we need new players. Casual gamers are not going to upgrade their systems just to try this game but they are most likely to deposit like madmen. Look at Farmville, millions of "casual" gamers spending tons of cash for the dumbest things. If you make EU available to them they will come, if their "Walmart" computer can't handle EU they will not. Sure most of them will quite after a few months but if you have one million people depo ten dollars each before they quite, that's a lot of money added to the loot pool.

If they do it I'm sure my vid card will fry the moment I TP to Twin Peaks :laugh:

If they do it I'm sure my vid card will fry the moment I TP to Twin Peaks :laugh:

I wonder if they could make it a distanced based thing where the fine detail only shows up when you are very close. :scratch2:

I wonder if they could make it a distanced based thing where the fine detail only shows up when you are very close. :scratch2:

Yes its called LOD (level of Detail) and im pretty sure Cryengine already supports it :p so all you people worried about your GFX cards blowing up .. stop :D

I vote for option 1 in 1-2 years when cryengine 4 comes out maybe MA will wake up and start making use of CE2 like it should :D

Ido

I was expecting this 18 months ago + more detailed bodies

No such luck :(

MA/FPC won't even address the missing Umbranoid code....

Never gonna happen.

MA/FPC won't even address the missing Umbranoid code....

Never gonna happen.

Well, since the Umbranoids are pretty much reskinned humans, maybe they are actually waiting until done with the avatar overhaul with that? :dunno:

Well, since the Umbranoids are pretty much reskinned humans, maybe they are actually waiting until done with the avatar overhaul with that? :dunno:

Ya, sure...Don't hold your bread dude.:laugh:

Not gonna happen.

Imagine Mindarks splendid coders, and then 200 people standing at the same radar... like the amazing events that sometimes occur... like Hydra :p ...

If every face would be so detailed... well, let's just say I think we have enough crashes already :)

Well, we got to make-over our avatars. Mine still looks the same. No CE2 looks yet. When I saw the latest release notes I got hopeful for a moment. That hope died very quickly indeed. :bomb:

Back