Bounding Circles for Beauticians ... NERF or BUG ?

Ido

Stalker
Society
Planet Express
Ido Starlit Sunrider
Hi everyone,

Has MA killed the beauty business for good ???

I did my first body procedure after the update today...
And to my surprise i found that i cant move the controls outside of VERY TINY bounding areas for the main square and cant reach the ends of the slider.... I FEEL LIKE A TOTAL NOOB at this point not being able to do things people can at avatar creation ... and with thousands of points in beauty skills i ask WHAT THE HELL ??

Here is a image for you to see of how it looks for my end....
Do you have this problem too ... is there something I'mi missing..

Ido
Beautician Since 2005 ... apparently NO MORE...

Like seriously i do see a need for this profession. Many whip threw creating there avatar with regrets later. So i don't see MA getting rid of this. I'm hoping this is a bug. I could maybe understand the thought of skills effecting how much you can change but really for the beautician economy it makes no sense. Bad enough you have to skill up to unlock hair styles that you can use from when you start.

I was hoping that there will be some newer hair styles still for you guys to get. Onica was re-doing her avatar last night and screaming at the computer that all the hair styles really sucked for girls.

oh and why can't people have red hair and freckles either!!!

It is not just you, Ido. I've had the same problem recently.

And yes, being able to have bright red hair would be awesome. Know what I miss? My avatar's icey-looking albino skin that can no longer be recreated. :(

not to go offtopic but the hair colors look like barf

I wouldnt worry! The last time we got a free makeover, I needed a haircut after a few months and then just before this recent makeover I did some body adjustments. Business will be quiet for some months, but players will always want to adjust themselves. In belief of this I just bought a hairstyle chair and tool and looking to do face as well in the near future.
Also remember MA had promised a overhaul of the avatar system, which hasn't happened yet, so I expect beautician skills will always be in need.

Everyone is missing the point i think...

My post is about the fact NEWCOMERS can now use the FULL SPAN or RANGE of changes ... and we are limited to bounding circles like the newcomers once where ...

you see the circle in the middle of the square ? I CANT go beyond that with the changes... i cant move the marker to the corner ...

Ido

What about the numbers above propose.
may be you have to give more peds there every time to get bigger circle :scratch2:

Hi everyone,

Has MA killed the beauty business for good ???

I did my first body procedure after the update today...
And to my surprise i found that i cant move the controls outside of VERY TINY bounding areas for the main square and cant reach the ends of the slider.... I FEEL LIKE A TOTAL NOOB at this point not being able to do things people can at avatar creation ... and with thousands of points in beauty skills i ask WHAT THE HELL ??

Here is a image for you to see of how it looks for my end....
Do you have this problem too ... is there something I'mi missing..

Ido
Beautician Since 2005 ... apparently NO MORE...

I'll look into and see if I can get an answer for you.

Wierd... I am a total noob in this prof and have exactly the same circle...

... wow, I am as skilled as Ion Ido, woohoo, never thought I will ever be :D

Update: Its verified as a bug. Fix will come in one of the upcoming patches.

Thanks Hanne for the quick update.
I hope, i don't sound rude, but why isn't it possible to get the same qualified answers in the same time from support directly about the general beauty bug? (if you don't know: we can't do anything with our clients as Hair Stylists... which means: no skilling possible = no income for MA too :D)

Update: Its verified as a bug. Fix will come in one of the upcoming patches.

Wow you are much quicker than support :) thanks for the news you are the best...

Say hi to Gabriel|Support from me i have been bugging him about beauty and stuff all week :D

Good to have you on the forum Hanne

Ya I have the same problem Ido :( It's already cost me a hair coloring job because I cant get to the end of the color scale to do Blue. Thanks Hanne for your attention to this problem, suport has acknoledged and sent it to the responsible departement, i expect a responce in 48 hours from what they say.

Thanks Hanne for the quick update.
I hope, i don't sound rude, but why isn't it possible to get the same qualified answers in the same time from support directly about the general beauty bug? (if you don't know: we can't do anything with our clients as Hair Stylists... which means: no skilling possible = no income for MA too :D)

In 2008, supposedly some folks with broken booths in Hadesheim got free shopkeepers, and those booths were broken for a lot shorter duration then the current estate problems...

When the personal revives were taken out of game, the owners were compensated quite bit of peds to make up for it as compensations...

Suggestion for "compensation" I can come up with in this for this particular issue...
- How about a new hair stylist chair to each of the hair stylist in game for every week that the fix on the problems is extended beyond the 1/1/2011 deadline predicted last year...

for some of the other problems...

- How about Unlimited VTOLs that don't decay and don't use any fuel for hanger owns (this would be a part of the ownership of the hanger estate deeds)

- How about free shopkeepers and/or one new item slots in the broken booths for every day the booths have remained useless (counting the time right after vu 10 that equates to being 6 months give or take a little, which would work out to around 180 slots per broken estate? Should be doable since the "bug" that happened in December showed us the game engine can indeed handle over 1k items in a shop, and the overloaded mall shops (that still have not been fixed? Not sure as have not visited mall this vu yet) have proved to us that the engine can function with more slots then the minimum listed on the estate terminals, even in high traffic areas)

- How about one pet deed per week for every week that taming has been gone for every whip owner and any avatar with taming skills?

Can anyone else come up with some ideas? The Q&A session answers are not in, and support ticket system is still up and running... Maybe if we flood them with enough requests, they can come up with some etas, fixes, and maybe even some compensation for the problems that have gone on and on and on - services that we paid for but did not receive all the while that the client loader has been saying that all systems are online... ? ...

Last edited:
This is the oficial responce i received, their working on it, so now just a little patience.

Hi,

We are aware of the issue and hope to be able to release a fix with the next patch.

Kind regards,

Karin | Planet Calypso Support

Back