Selling: Renting - Medusa Mall Shop (x8)

Radio

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
Radio Radio Radio

Announcing the Rental of floor 2

Medusa Bazaar (mall)

It is with great pleasure that we announce a rental package of floor 2 of the Medusa mall. You can rent a single shop, or all of them if you wish.

Many colonists have asked us if they can purchase or better still rent some shops from us. We'd love you to do this. The only thing we ask, is that you have a plan:wise: for your shop and you keep it well stocked with items.

Clearly, if you are renting a shop from us, we will require collateral to the value of the shop. For this, we value the small shops at 9500 peds and the large at 15000 peds. Please be aware we require this collateral for you to borrow the deed from us. Collateral can be made via peds, items, stackables, or similar.

If you're interested in this new venture and want to be a part of the largest managed area in entropia (we have 14 shareholders, so that's 14 heads thinking about you and how to make things better for you) then please get in touch via this thread or via PM to any one of us.

Going forward we intend to have a map at the main TP, this will be a mall map, regularly updated, telling the customer exactly where to go to buy your wares!

A one time fee of 100 peds is required to set the deal up, then you're rent free for the foreseeable future.
If it turns out that we have a lot of shops that are not trading, then we might introduce a rent, but right now we don't want to be buzzing around collecting small peds from lots of people, we'd prefer to give you the option to have a great shop with no additional fees.

Shop 3-2, 40 Item points

Shop 3-3, 100 item points.

Regards

qetesh
squall
Divinity
melman2002
skorp
Radio
ionar
MRmP
FruSnabel
keano
Rhagnar
Redwolf
Bling
NZR

Last edited:
This could finally be the start of RobVee's Pet Shop!

At this point I only have one question: what will be the rent per day, week, month or year?

I'm seriously going to think about this one... :yup:

Didn't I mention that?

Oh, I didn't therefore, becasue of my stupidity

!FREE RENT!

A one time administration fee of 100 peds is required. I'll add that to the first post.

Also, in the future, we reserve the right to start charging a rent - this almost certainly will not happen, but we might have to pull it out if someone is not running their shop.

Could you posts screenshots of both the large and small style shops, as well as the item counts for each?
I am on Rocktropia and haven't seen Medusa yet. (didn't have time my last trip down :/ )

narfi

very good idea.
I hope people start visit the shops more

Administration fees and rent rofl

I would like to invite you to read the post again, since your rolf is misplaced.

Narfi, I'll get some screen-shots after 6pm tonight, today I'm too busy in work to log in.

First post updated with short videos showing the internals of a small then large shop.

We have a couple of rental spaces left for anyone who might be interested.

Regards

Radio

hmm I think I got what he meant? If so I completely agree rofl
Well let me try to explain: the funny part about it is that you basicaly just added another way of income to yourself:
you get the rent (Shopping Tax) anyway+now you get fees too.
Sorry if I got Akillie's post wrong or if your FREE RENT actualy means free rent once the shop starts.

hmm I think I got what he meant? If so I completely agree rofl
Well let me try to explain: the funny part about it is that you basicaly just added another way of income to yourself:
you get the rent (Shopping Tax) anyway+now you get fees too.
Sorry if I got Akillie's post wrong or if your FREE RENT actualy means free rent once the shop starts.

Interesting point. :scratch2: Can the OP explain?

Also, would you remind us how much the Medusa Isands Complex cost in all, to help us figure out how much of a bargain this offer is?

Also, maybe you can clarify another little point: you are offering the shops for loan on collateral , right? Not for sale. Does it follow that any time that the tenant feels that he's had enough (eg if you decide to start "collecting rent" ) he can simply return the deed to you, and receive his collateral back in full?

Does it follow that you can also demand such an exchange? (and what could and would you do about absentee or non-cooperating tenants in that case?)

In short, what exactly ARE the differences between loaning a shop off you and buying one?

I have a feeling this isn't well thought out. Would be nice to be proved wrong though

jay :)

Let me state this clearly since there seems to be confusion.

1. We are charging no monthly rent for the shops.
2. We are charging a one time setup fee of 100 peds - this fee covers the initial chat that we have, taking you to the mall, showing you what shops are available and transferring the deed.
3. We cannot control the tax levels, the tax levels are set by MA and is 2.5% of any mark-up on the item - a significant saving over auction fees.

I hope that clears matter up.

Regards

RRR

Edit:
Interesting point. :scratch2: Can the OP explain?

Also, would we remind us how much the Medusa Isands Complex cost in all, to help us figure out how much of a bargain this offer is?

Also, maybe you can clarify another little point: you are offering the shops for loan on collateral , right? Not for sale. Does it follow that any time that the tenant feels that he's had enough (eg if you decide to start "collecting rent" ) he can simply return the deed to you, and receive his collateral back in full?

Does it follow that you can also demand such an exchange? (and what could and would you do about absentee or non-cooperating tenants in that case?)

In short, what exactly ARE the differences between loaning a shop off you and buying one?

I have a feeling this isn't well thought out. Would be nice to be proved wrong though

OK, here are the answers to your questions

The medusa mall has cost us in excess of 450k peds thus far, it is probable that this figure will grow to around 600k peds before we are finished with upgrades, perhaps even more, it just depends on what the investors decide to do. For example, if we wanted a TP and revive on each island, that alone would cost a million peds.

Yes, the shops are on loan for collateral, or, one of the investors can vouch for a participant should he or she wish, in that case there is no collateral requirement from the person renting.

If we did decide to start collecting rent then of course there would be no issue in switching back the deed for collateral. I can't think of a single reason why anyone would think otherwise.

Yes, we can cancel a rent agreement at any time if we decide to do something different with the shops, or indeed sell them. This work both ways as mentioned in the previous post, the person running the shop can also stop at any time they choose. However, it is improbable that this will happen any time soon.
In terms of a non responsive avatar whom does not run their shop. We'll have to cross that bridge when we come to it, lets hope that does not happen.

What's the difference in getting a loaned shop and a purchased shop?

1. Perhaps an avatar wants to test out if they have the time to run a shop and they have collateral but don't want to deposit the peds. We can help.
2. Maybe some old player wants to clean out their storage and has lots of small stacks that are not suitable for placing on auction.
3. You can get your item back at any point, no matter what the market says - you don't need to source a buyer for your shop.
4. Maybe you are selling high value items for a short time period and you would like to avoid multiple listing fees in auction.

So why would you rent your house instead of buying it? The reasons are the same.

In any case, the people who are interested in shops speak directly to us and get the full terms. We decided to have light details in this thread, saving the detail for the people who are actually interested.

Last edited:
Let me state this clearly since there seems to be confusion.

3. We cannot control the tax levels, the tax levels are set by MA and is 2.5% of any mark-up on the item - a significant saving over auction fees.

I hope that clears matter up.

Regards

RRR

Umm...no. I think Xerox2's point was that the shopping tax goes to you, and it's analogous to rent. Are you saying that it doesn't go to you. It goes to MA instead?

Umm...no. I think Xerox2's point was that the shopping tax goes to you, and it's analogous to rent. Are you saying that it doesn't go to you. It goes to MA instead?

yes that's the point ofc.
Well this is just ridiculous and that high cost for more tps for your ISLANDS is even more... there is a tp directly infront of the bazaar... do you REALLY think a shop owner wants to pay more for his shop to have a tp placed on some other island?
Let's face it... out of the total deal a single shop has cost you like what? 500PED?
Now even IF this deal includes extras bought for the shop? Couldn't read about them in OP?
Then that shop cost you maybe 2500 and we pay 2.5% to you on every deal... yeh right...
This should seriously be enough profit for you since the ROI for you is just MASSIVE.
Now you come up with another 100ped...
that's why the ROFL is justified by all means.

EDIT:Now just in case you wonder why i actually write all this:
You wrote FREE RENT into your OP. Then I thought wow that is an amazing opportunity to sell my loot and i was about to write you a PM.
However I thought it might be a better idea to check out the shop myself first. So there I went and the 2.5% rent showed up. And I was just thinking omg are they (insert insult here) never going to get enough money?

Last edited:
You guys are way off topic and it's looking like this might turn into a standard PCF troll party.

Please start a new thread and we'll address any concerns you might have there.

You guys are way off topic and it's looking like this might turn into a standard PCF troll party.

Please start a new thread and we'll address any concerns you might have there.

Once you put the 2.5% rent into the OP I think noone will have a problem with your announcement.
At that point everyone can read it and then decide if they want to pay you that for your service or not.
I for one would have never made any comment in the first place then.
However if you don't think your customers deserve such vital informations then I guess your threads deserve to be ruined eventualy.

I'm afraid you're making a moot point.

I'm not sure if English is your native language or not, but there is a difference in the meanings behind the words "rent" and "tax", they are two separate entities.

Anyone who owns a shop is aware of the markup tax, this markup tax is global across every shop and booth within entropia. Anyone who is serious about renting a shop will have done their research and would know that there is a markup tax. We do not control this tax level, but we do receive it.

Once you put the 2.5% rent into the OP I think noone will have a problem with your announcement.
At that point everyone can read it and then decide if they want to pay you that for your service or not.
I for one would have never made any comment in the first place then.
However if you don't think your customers deserve such vital informations then I guess your threads deserve to be ruined eventualy.

(I spent like 10minutes writing this.. Radio was faster than me, but I dont want to remove this, If you want the short version, please read Radio previous post :p)

The 2,5% is NOT RENT and is a FIXED TAX set by MA, which is 1/2 of auction fee.
Yes, we do get this money and as with the other Malls, its the general source of income.

I think that 99% of all people with a serious wish to run a shop, does know this vital information.
To say it in a economical language (read: greedy) Yes, we do wish for as high tax return as possible, IF a shoplender/shoprenter/shopbuyer can't provide a decent tax income why would any Mall owner wish him to occupy that space.

And just to repeat Radios key notes:
- We charge a 100peds startup fee, just to get the wheels moving, normally when you buy internet and such in RL, they charge 10times that..
- We do NOT charge any rents what so ever, and do NOT plan do this in the near future.
-- IF we decide to start charging rent, We would inform all shop-lenders, we would NOT let the rent take immediate effect, We would be fair and give everyone a chance to cancel the deal before the rent takes effect.
All shops includes a standard 2.5% FIXED Fee, which is not possible to change, this fee goes directly to the mall owner.

But to be honest, IF you got something to sell, which you often sell at auction, like craft able items
and you could draw people to the shop, You would save 2.5% on ALL sales compared to using the auction.

Its not that bad of a deal at all...

Last edited:
I'm afraid you're making a moot point.

I'm not sure if English is your native language or not, but there is a difference in the meanings behind the words "rent" and "tax", they are two separate entities.

Anyone who owns a shop is aware of the markup tax, this markup tax is global across every shop and booth within entropia. Anyone who is serious about renting a shop will have done their research and would know that there is a markup tax. We do not control this tax level, but we do receive it.

To my knowlege rents in the old scool meaning don't exist anymore on calypso that was why I was guessing that Akilie meant the tax when he wrote rent. Obviously it would be pretty dumb to advertise something which MA removed for the complete planet anyway. :scratch2:
My guess would be that the second part is a blatant lie which becomes kind of obvious when you enter the Omegatron shopping complexes and no such fee message comes up.
Feel free to prove me wrong though I will not insist on the OP correction anymore when I can see that this Tax is on every shop building in Entropia because I would indeed agree with you then that it could be expected when going for this deal. Otherwise I still think that you are hiding costs from your potential customers which upset me quite a bit and I feel others should at least know that before they consider the deal.

where you guys saw to rent a shop for any bussines,..and pay colateral for his value?:)))..You guys are more then funny:))). And who is that stup[id idiot to pay 10k ped to rent a shop and to not own the shop:p...looool..geee:eyecrazy::ahh::lolup::scratch2::wtg::wise::tongue2::girl::yup::smoke:

To my knowlege rents in the old scool meaning don't exist anymore on calypso that was why I was guessing that Akilie meant the tax when he wrote rent. Obviously it would be pretty dumb to advertise something which MA removed for the complete planet anyway. :scratch2:
My guess would be that the second part is a blatant lie which becomes kind of obvious when you enter the Omegatron shopping complexes and no such fee message comes up.
Feel free to prove me wrong though I will not insist on the OP correction anymore when I can see that this Tax is on every shop building in Entropia because I would indeed agree with you then that it could be expected when going for this deal. Otherwise I still think that you are hiding costs from your potential customers which upset me quite a bit and I feel others should at least know that before they consider the deal.

Go to any shop, booth or whatever and select a item possible to purchase. it should be mentioned there.
As the booths doesnt have a own Welcome Message, afaik this is the only way to see the current tax

If OP should change anything, it should be the title, from Renting (implying you'd have to pay rent) to lending

Why the heck not just mention the 2.5% shopping tax in the OP? Where's the harm?

Evidently Xerox for one was interested in renting a shop, but didn't know much about Shopping Tax, and thought that rent-free etc implied no shopping tax. He was wrong about that, but looks to me like an easy mistake to make, His logic that nobody expects to pay rent on shops these days , so "Rent-free " must mean something else is reasonable. so why not nip that idea in the bud, rather than disappoint someone later?

Researching this question doesn't look very easy to me., to go by mrMP's example, I've done enough shopping to know about Shopping Tax, but I don't know for sure if its the same rate everywhere on Calypso, and I didn't know that you are not free to change it. I don't see how picking up any item in any shop would inform me any better

I asked the questions I did becuse I'm interested enough in buying or renting a shop sometime, to research the possibilities and compare the deals on offer, and i'm sure there must be loads of others like me. I'm not interested enough in your offer to piss you about with a personal approach, which would imply that i was somewhere close to committing myself (Heck I don't even have enough PED atm). But I would think it would be easier to publish such details once , in this thread, than again and again to individual buyers, and also inspire more confidence. So I felt free to ask.

People make assumptions and often don't think to ask pertinent questions til its too late.

Actually since you'r calling both of us trolls for raising questions, I think i'd better avoid getting into a Business Relationship with you anyway :laugh: But the business model interests me, nonetheless.

Go to any shop, booth or whatever and select a item possible to purchase. it should be mentioned there.
As the booths doesnt have a own Welcome Message, afaik this is the only way to see the current tax

Oki I will trust you then that every shop has such a shopping tax implied. I guess everyone knows about the tax in time then especially when you show them the shops as you said before. So I guess ppl are even better off than buying some Omegatron deed and thinking they pay no tax. I thought the OP was intended to create such a situation for this deal but I feel different now that the tax is everywhere anyway so problem solved.

Good luck with your service, sounds like an interestning idea which might need some refinement over time.

Isn't the sales tax paid by the customer buying the item? They still pay the seller the full asking price. So the shop would still be rent free for them. They pay no fee in the sale. The customer does.:rolleyes:

As for being able to make "Renters" behave by forcing them to pay a rent. Only way I see you could do that would be to slowly reduce their deposit if they were not willingly paying the rent fee that may be charged in the future.

But if they are not behaving and have the deed based on the ToU they own it regardless of any agreement you try to set up since all trades are final.:dunce:

Be very careful how you treat your tenants since they can also sell the shop since they own it regardless of any "Rental"(Lending) deal you make.:wise:

But if they are not behaving and have the deed based on the ToU they own it regardless of any agreement you try to set up since all trades are final.:dunce:

Be very careful how you treat your tenants since they can also sell the shop since they own it regardless of any "Rental"(Lending) deal you make.:wise:
And that is why we take a colleteral for the renting deals. :wise:

Are any of them still available ?

Have more than 1K items for sale ;p

For you Sheryo, of course.

Let me know when you want to meet up and we'll go through everything.

Back