FYI: Impressed, upset and a extremely baffled by this

FYI: Yesterday Entropedia said this gun was crafted. Today, it says it's looted.

This is the way I saw us moving forward, people keep asking for a cheaper way to play and guns like this are exactly that. It allows us to hunt the full range of mobs without spending a fortune (except for this crazy MU).

Perhaps we are looking at the loot system wrong, perhaps it is not the HP that directly affects loot it is actually the cost to kill that affects loot (I thought we all pretty much understood this now with Gravediggers tests). Currently we have only seen weapons around the 3dmg/pec mark which we have used to work out the expected loot for a given HP. I would not be at all surprised to see a much lower average loot when using this weapon. MMs are not a money makers for the same reason or people like Blackhawk would never have sold theirs.

You get back the mythical (unproven) 90% of what you put in. End of the world it is not.

Last edited:
FYI: Yesterday Entropedia said this gun was crafted. Today, it says it's looted.

FYI: entropedia info is changed by EU users, so wtf is ur point?

anyways, in guns description it says it is meant for Zombies, im afraid to think what gun will drop for the higher HP mobs :eyecrazy:

This is not just about the eco. Even if the eco gets fixed (and I say fixed because this can only be a fuck-up) this weapon will still have insane dps, insane range, insane APM, insane damage and insanely low skill requirements. If this weapons becomes more widely available, like most L items become sooner or later I don't see a single reason to keep most of my skills.

And we can all figure out the implications it would have on skill market, prices of other gear, expensive stackables from big mobs etc.

interresting.. subbing here...

This is not just about the eco. Even if the eco gets fixed (and I say fixed because this can only be a fuck-up) this weapon will still have insane dps, insane range, insane APM, insane damage and insanely low skill requirements. If this weapons becomes more widely available, like most L items become sooner or later I don't see a single reason to keep most of my skills.

And we can all figure out the implications it would have on skill market, prices of other gear, expensive stackables from big mobs etc.

I dont think they can fix the eco (I know it was done once with the Axe 1x0 but that was a long time ago), but they can limit or stop it dropping at a future time - perhaps with a version 2 replacement.

so what drops them? ;0 I am willing to give them a go.

I doubt heavily that decay. Who tested it?

It states "Good" in its item info:

This corresponds to: 1 pec - 2.49 pecs decay

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Chart.aspx?chart=Durability

OK, let's clear up some of this speculation.

I was the one who added that gun to Entropedia, using the pics in the OP of this thread. Since the durability states good, I used the chart Manix6 points to and stuck in the highest decay associated with that rating. I have NOT done any decay tests on the gun.

As for it being listed as crafted/looted, I listed it as crafted, going off the description, and HinDragoz changed that to looted after having better information.

The History tab in Entropedia is your friend. ;)

I beleive that these guns will be cause as much imbalance and be as common as the anti-matter rifles.

The sky is not falling. (wish i could have got one or two before the event was over though :/ )

narfi

What teh f*ck is going on?!?!

SELLING OUT
@
TWIN BALCONY
MOD FAP 2k PEDS
DANTE 250 PED (INCLUDING TT)

I"ll take the dante ;)
The sky has fallen before....I won't worry just yet

I beleive that these guns will be cause as much imbalance and be as common as the anti-matter rifles.

The sky is not falling. (wish i could have got one or two before the event was over though :/ )

narfi

what event? explain please

what event? explain please

Well it looks obvious to me that it was a VU day event with lots of hype and high mu items in loot as well as rarer items. There was something for every level of play, anyone hunting yesterday got something rather it was the high end players with their new scanner toys (what is the point to them anyways?) or the noob who got a hunter thigh guard or gremlin harness. Roomer is that nothing like that is looting any more and so it was a "reward" type event for those willing to test out day one of the vu. Unfortunately I didn't get any high dollar stuff,(actually bought an es400 before the price started dropping :/) and I have been one of the more active players on Rocktropia up to this date, but that's how it goes.

Fun and chaos had by all participating, and in the end, (give it a couple of months) the markets will not have been affected.

That's my opinion from what I can see going on anyways.

narfi

This is the way I saw us moving forward, people keep asking for a cheaper way to play and guns like this are exactly that. It allows us to hunt the full range of mobs without spending a fortune (except for this crazy MU).

and whats the point of that? why skill up if you can hunt all mobs on day one? might as well just play an arcade style FPS.

the sky might not be falling, yet. it rather depends if they are rare as anti-matter rifles or as common as CB26(L). it certainly another nail in the coffin for unL, and if no one noticed, the deposits for spending on those is what made EU as big as it has become. if they want to redress that they should make some of those old school items drop rather than L muck that any one looting is compelled to sell due to the massive mark up and low utility individually (you'd want a couple for a decent run.

one interesting and possibly positive aspect is that, assuming its not a mistake and MA really allowed this, then it kinda shows that from their point of view economy is meaningless. we can all go back to using whatever weapons we like, which is good.

Fucking Rocktropia dribblers ruining the game.

Oh well, at least I won't lose much when Nevercunt finally kills this game. I just feel sorry for my friends who do have a lot invested.

Well it looks obvious to me that it was a VU day event with lots of hype and high mu items in loot as well as rarer items.
Ok if this is true, MindArk when/which VU will we be able to loot ancient items on Calypso?

Or anything good for the masses on VU day, I got nothing at all as well as many others during the whole "SGA" period will I/we get something juicy in one of these "VU days events" in the future?

PS: if it's obvious RT had it why shouldn't it be the same for other planet partners...

Oh well, at least I won't lose much when Nevercunt finally kills this game. I just feel sorry for my friends who do have a lot invested.

All i can say is +rep, and thanks for making me laugh so hard that i nearly brought up the pizza i just ate :laugh:

bunch of whiners!

1st. It's got Low MAX TT and probably insane decay
2nd No doubt going to be quite rare
3rd Do you not remember the weapons exactly like this the special "XXX" rocket launchers?

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Prototype_Rocket_Launcher_XXX_(L)

Prototype Rocket Luancher XXX
Class: Support
Type: Rocket
Weight: 4.4 kg
Stats
Damage: 396 HP
Range: 130.0 meter
Attacks: 111 /min
Reload: 0.5 seconds
Damage/second: 732.6 HP
Power: 95238.0
Economy
Ammo: 800
Maximal TT: 214.00 PED
Minimal TT: 6.42 PED
Damage types
Impact: 88 HP
Shrapnel: 286 HP
Burn: 22 HP
Misc. Info
SIB: Yes
Ammo: Explosive Projectiles
Hit profession
Hit Profession: Grenadier (Hit)
Recommended Level: 1 Levels
Damage profession
Damage Profession: Grenadier (Dmg)
Recommended Level: 1 Levels
Source
Source: Event
Found on: Planet Calypso
Markup
PEAuction 1764.71 %

especailly when all this bitching is comming from people who are not there.
You know what i'm there and i like how things are going.

bunch of whiners!

1st. It's got Low MAX TT and probably insane decay

Since when is "Good" status insane decay?

Good for you. Your point?

Well of course you like it when you play there... but we don't and we have a right to not like it! :(
Any more drops of this beast confirmed or may it just be like that XXX weapon?

Well it looks obvious to me that it was a VU day event with lots of hype and high mu items in loot as well as rarer items.

Where was the hype? As far I can see, if this was an event, they didn't bother telling anyone about it.

Where was the hype? As far I can see, if this was an event, they didn't bother telling anyone about it.

And as far as I can tell, only the UL drops stopped, (L) stuff still dropping normally.

Hmm.. for somthing with "no" hype, there sure were alot of white and black armored avatars running around a place where the day before you could count the green dots on 1 hard, and most of them were trying to sell sweat.

What is your definition of Hype? somthing that would not interest such black and whites?

narfi

Hmm.. for somthing with "no" hype, there sure were alot of white and black armored avatars running around a place where the day before you could count the green dots on 1 hard, and most of them were trying to sell sweat.

What is your definition of Hype? somthing that would not interest such black and whites?

narfi

the blacks and whites changing their place for a day have no positive effect on the Universe. The hype which would be needed was lots more of those other noob green dots appearing and sticking arround because they are motivated to do so.
There was no such hype for RT/NI so far.

the blacks and whites changing their place for a day have no positive effect on the Universe. The hype which would be needed was lots more of those other noob green dots appearing and sticking arround because they are motivated to do so.
There was no such hype for RT/NI so far.

In my opinion Rocktropia isn't ready for new players yet. Yesterday could have been the day that it was ready, but one of the ingredients needed to craft the noob blueprint received in the missions is non existent :/

It seems a smart way to get testers for the new vu to me. Once the planet is ready for the new players then you can complain about where they are coming from. Everyone knows that the Caly tourists there now aren't staying, so I don't think its an issue for nds or see really.

narfi

dynamic is dynamic, does not mean all for calypso and nothing for other planets.
adapt or die. (chip out/leave, any synonyms)

dynamic is dynamic, does not mean all for calypso and nothing for other planets.
adapt or die. (chip out/leave, any synonyms)

Here's a standard response from now on:

Typical Rocktropia Dribble.

Here's a standard response from now on:

Typical Rocktropia Dribble.

Hopefully you don't represent the maturity level of the average Calypsian. (I know you don't because I have met a lot of great ones)

Look on the bright side though, Neverdie named a new mob after you :)

narfi

ps. while Ed's comment may not have been to your liking, it has been a wise saying for long before nds or Rocktropia came into existence.

With weapons like these, who needs skills?

Well of course you like it when you play there... but we don't and we have a right to not like it! :(
Any more drops of this beast confirmed or may it just be like that XXX weapon?

Here is what the looter said in an interview,
http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forums/entropia-news/4722-balancing-booboo-bothers-buyers.html

The gun was looted by "Paavo PP Pesusieni" from society "The Great Pretenders", and in a private chat, he was willing to reveal it dropped from a mob called Zombie ROCK God, which seemed to only spawn for a brief moment. Once they killed all of them they found, none respawned.

While its fun to get all riled up, it seems fairly evident that this will be a rare item and will not hurt the balance of anything.

narfi

Back