Question: SEE plans to react in any way at loot aberations and unbalanced loot distribution?

Status
An example of what it could look like in a "loot table" or maybe item table were all the items in the universe is listed.

Group tools, id 1
Scanners, faps, orefinder, so on...

Scanners sub group, id 2
es series in this case.

Item
id 5 ES500 scanner

To drop an item you could use group id or subgroup or even a item id, if you use a group id all items in the group can drop, sub group id for sub group and item id you will make that specific item drop, i guess you get the point.

And so the mob:
Mob: Street king, base code copy paste from a similar mob with new models and attriubutes.
Here you also have a row or rows what loot table to look in for what to drop from this mob
probably some shared table for common stuff and some entry(s) for more rare stuff and i guess its here they can have fucked up on NDS, they have simply put the wrong numbers in and suddenly wrong items drops from the mob, maybe this is why stuff is missing at RT for crafting new stuff?

EULA forbids it since it says "as is"

Good enough lawyers might be able to work around that though... just like they might be able to work around the fact that systems tied to items that people paid for have been gone over a year, estates people paid for have been nonfunctional for 6+ months since vu 10, etc, etc., etc.

Honestly would not be surprised if one day we wake up and find that this entire forum's database has been wiped clean since they want to erase the history recorded here of flaw after flaw, mistake after mistake...

start your httrack up now to get backups while this place still exists, lol.

I've said it like a dozen times in this forum already: international EULA's are not legally binding, they're absolutely void. Not only are they contracts completely established by only one side (which is already a legally void contract in almost every country I know), it also ignores that whatever content it has that is legal in Sweden may be illegal in it's customers (the players') country. And then there's the problem of setting which country's laws should the contract be ruled by, which is another gigantic legal can of worms with no clear answer.

I remember having this debate before (with Mr. Trayles, I believe) and the only instances he could come up where an international EULA/ToS was supposedly relevant in an itnernational lawsuit on a game/software, was in fact about copyright laws and intellectual property, which is something else completely.

... it also ignores that whatever content it has that is legal in Sweden may be illegal in it's customers (the players') country. And then there's the problem of setting which country's laws should the contract be ruled by, which is another gigantic legal can of worms with no clear answer.

at the risk of going off-topic, you are missing the subtle but important point that you can only sue an company where they exisit. so in the case of MA, you have to go to a Swedish court, so the contract would clearly be ruled by Swedish law.

at the risk of going off-topic, you are missing the subtle but important point that you can only sue an company where they exisit. so in the case of MA, you have to go to a Swedish court, so the contract would clearly be ruled by Swedish law.

Going even further off topic, as the UK look like they are going to extradite Julian Assange, the world will witness Swedish law in action.

Anyway I'm :offtopic:

So...

Where's the "press release"?

Not to mention - it's pretty hard to sue a company if it's bankrupt and does not exist at all! Hopefully that won't happen... Hopefully things can turn around... Hopefully some of the questions can have answers before we even get to that point... but with the Q&A being pushed back this far...

...---...---...---

at the risk of going off-topic, you are missing the subtle but important point that you can only sue an company where they exisit.

Wrong. Please go do an in-depth research of international law, and then on international law for private parties. You'll find out that there are nearly no concrete rules for that kind of thing, mostly due to the fact that pretty much every country considers it's own laws sovereign, thus deeming itself worthy of judging the case even if only the customer is based there. That's the basis for a lot of international law's convoluted dilemmas and questions without clear answers.

No offense (really, I know this is gonna sound rude), but eventhough what you said is what common sense would suggest, it doesn't apply when it comes to international law, and saying that as if it was a concrete fact is nothing more than pulling facts out of your ass.

First the got drop rate off shadow parts wrong whit x1000 under some time...

then 2 x imkIII in around 5min (whit a fast server close after)...

then we got i2870 from snabel...

and now this...

MA have a nice history by now :laugh:

Wrong. Please go do an in-depth research of international law, and then on international law for private parties. You'll find out that there are nearly no concrete rules for that kind of thing, mostly due to the fact that pretty much every country considers it's own laws sovereign, thus deeming itself worthy of judging the case even if only the customer is based there. That's the basis for a lot of international law's convoluted dilemmas and questions without clear answers.

No offense (really, I know this is gonna sound rude), but eventhough what you said is what common sense would suggest, it doesn't apply when it comes to international law, and saying that as if it was a concrete fact is nothing more than pulling facts out of your ass.

its not just common sence, its simple practicalities. i can't sue a French company in the UK if they don't have an office or employees here - to whom do i serve the writ or summons? if i issue a UK court order to an office in France it has no power. example: director of Sportingbet had arrest warrant issued in the US on illegal gambling charges, he was only arrested when going through JFK airport as the offence is not recognised here so he cannot be arrested for it. you cant hold him or his company on trial in a court in the US while he or the company are in another country (though that might happen in a country that goes in for show trials.). some companies deliberately avoid having offices in countries so that they can avoid legal issues. others have massive problems precisly because they have local offices, like Microsoft having to answer issues in the EU which the US have dropped.

are you looking at it from the wrong side, because this isnt about international law, as you point out there isnt much in the specific area? if international laws dont apply, which in some areas they might do by treaty, then the only law applicable is the local law. local to each party will be different, so you have to find a common jurisdiction in which to carry out the legal process. the authority of the laws of a country and the people and businesses within it, and only those laws, is pretty much the definition of sovereignty.

its not just common sence, its simple practicalities. i can't sue a French company in the UK if they don't have an office or employees here - to whom do i serve the writ or summons? if i issue a UK court order to an office in France it has no power. example: director of Sportingbet had arrest warrant issued in the US on illegal gambling charges, he was only arrested when going through JFK airport as the offence is not recognised here so he cannot be arrested for it. you cant hold him or his company on trial in a court in the US while he or the company are in another country (though that might happen in a country that goes in for show trials.). some companies deliberately avoid having offices in countries so that they can avoid legal issues. others have massive problems precisly because they have local offices, like Microsoft having to answer issues in the EU which the US have dropped.

are you looking at it from the wrong side, because this isnt about international law, as you point out there isnt much in the specific area? if international laws dont apply, which in some areas they might do by treaty, then the only law applicable is the local law. local to each party will be different, so you have to find a common jurisdiction in which to carry out the legal process. the authority of the laws of a country and the people and businesses within it, and only those laws, is pretty much the definition of sovereignty.

http://www.planetcalypso.com/legal/publisher_info.xml
Ansvarig Utgivare / Publisher responsible under Swedish law :
Marco Behrmann, Managing Director

Website name
www.planetcalypso.com

SEE Digital Studios AB
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 362

http://www.mindark.com/contact/
Contact
Mindark PE AB (publ)
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)31 607 260
Fax: +46 (0)31 136 016

http://neverdiestudio.com/
6834 Hollywood Blvd Ste 200
Los Angeles, CA 90028

grab your pitch forks and let's start a riot!!! Cmon people if this isn"t the final
straw then what is? If damanager did have insider info then i would say we have a valid reason
for a lawsuit.

yeah sue that faggot neverdie back to the stone age!!!!!

This is unreal; I cannot wait for the "Press Release".

*sigh* Please stop making assumptions. Trust me, I am on my senior year at law school, have studied hypothetical situations as these for 2 years now, I know very well what I'm talking about.

A lawsuit based on a contract between two private parties based on different countries can be filed:

1. In the contractor party's country (for physical individual human beings, where their "home" is, not going to get into the legal definition of home, though; and for juridical beings, like companies, where they are established, this for some country's laws is wherever they have branched out, while for other countries goes only for the HQ's location).
  2. In the contracted party's country.
  3. In the country where the contract was signed (International EULAs once again presenting a problem here, because it is difficult to establish whether they are being signed on the customer's location, or on the company's site at the time of it's writing, both presenting further problems, if the customer, in this case, EU player is playing from some country where he does not have his home, as well as if the company's HQ is moved to another country after the contract, in this case EULA, was elaborated, and all of this without even getting into the possibility of the customer's ISP being from a 4th country, which would complicate everything even further).

Forget about one country's citizen not being able to be sued by another country, most countries have specific tribunes (tribunals? Sorry not quite familiar qith the english term) for international cases, and one country simply dismissing/ignoring another one's laws like that may just as well be seen as a diplomatic offense (which is very different from stating they don't accept a different country's judgement/penatly for actions that are not considered illegal for the condemned citizen's country), so here's another nice juicy legal can of worms.

As I said to a soc mate in chat earlier today: the dynamics of international lawsuits makes EU look as simple as tic-tac-toe.

And if you still can't grasp the above, it doesn't matter, because as I said EULAs are legally void by the simple fact that they are fully established by one party without giving the other any room for negotiation.

Last edited:
Alot of tp fee ped were made as everyone flocked to try to loot some scanners, but since the scanners already stopped dropping most of those people are staying there to hunt and do the missions.

... it doesn't matter, because as I said EULAs are legally void by the simple fact that they are fully established by one party without giving the other any room for negotiation.

now that i would agree with. though they (software publishers in general) still keep writting the EULAs in the same manner.

We, Digital Abduction, will be making a formal press release in the coming days regarding the events that have happend in the past few days. I think you will find a majority of the claims made on the forum to be not only baseless, but simply continuing the "mob mentality" that seems to have taken over. We hope this will clear any and all questions regarding who we are.
:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Nope, this isn't unreal, it's Cryengine 2. Might not have nearly as many problems if it was unreal, lol. http://www.unreal.com/

This Cryengine 2 is really really making me cry sometimes...
Like when I play Entropia...

I wish they could optimize it and make it a bit similar to Crysis, nature wise... I suppose it would be too stress on the servers tho, we already know they ain't THAT good :p

Subscribi, while waiting for the "press release"....

This Cryengine 2 is really really making me cry sometimes...
Like when I play Entropia...

I wish they could optimize it and make it a bit similar to Crysis, nature wise... I suppose it would be too stress on the servers tho, we already know they ain't THAT good :p

entropia looks a million times better then Crysis ever did.

Good grief, I've worked hard and in spare time played CS 1.6 and completely missed DAManager's posting, God that's juicy :laugh:

I'd bet dollars to donuts that DAmanager received a forum "Vasectomy" from his boss immediately after he made that post. :wise:

The balancing manangement team's replay is here and pretty much says "We did it" and "We will do it again".

MA has posted on the subject ladies and gentlemen:

I target you to that thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?207591-Information-from-MindArk-Balancing-Team

I don't think this will make too many of you very happy ;)

Like I've been saying all along... MA did it, MA does it, MA will do it again whether we like it or not! :silly2:

When we buy items we accept the risk, we acknowledge that MA can make the price go up or down when ever they feel like it, or at least most of us do...

To my feeling, MA only commented on the rifle with insane stats, not on the subject of InvestaFoe's dropping on rocktropia.

Status
Back