Wave Events Locations and Information

Doesn't sound like anyone has made it yet, unless some stayed to the end when remontoire went :S I'm interested in knowing how many waves there are for the rippersnappers! :D

Oleg and others did stay. I'm out of fap, weapons and the armor repair bill for today is over 150 ped (yes, I have low evade, working on it).

I quit at wave 17, which was suppermassive amount of young-providers. best of luck to those who stayed at rippers.

We got to 19 and timed out. I was out of ammo by then and there weren't many people left.

Pretty sure it's bugged, when the Stalkers appeared at wave 14 iirc I thought we were nearly there but then it changed back to small ones, so kinda weird.

For the Rippers you need to clear the spawn within 10 minutes or it times out and any remaining mobs die. I assume it happens even if no-one is there, but you'll have to ask Schroedinger if that is true :)

The Mulciber yesterday took more than 10 minutes before it died, so either it's different for the boss mob or different for the crater one.

Disappointing not to get a boss but great skilling and great for the mission count :)

Guys!

My boss Nukem, just told me that he stumbled yesterday, by accidence into another wave event near The PvP red zone, Near Aloode.

Problem I can't find it now, but it's sure there.

So if anyone can, come and help me find it, its a feffoids wave.

Guys!

My boss Nukem, just told me that he stumbled yesterday, by accidence into another wave event near The PvP red zone, Near Aloode.

feffoid wave? hmm that sounds quite interestning tbh! I hope the location is known by tomorrow and I will be arround!

So I take it all these wave events require team effort? Seems sabakuma would be easy unless they come in large enough numbers.

This is a mindless attempt at SDS trying to grab more decay. The ripper spawn is so huge you have no choice but to use overprotecting armour, I used vigilante unplated. To be able to stay in the water long enough to complete a few waves. On the plus side you get quite a lot of ripper kills :), but I still dont think its worth the hassle :(. There was no reward for killing the Mulciber Boss at the crater apart from an error message and a code. Nothing else for the creeper but no loot & the rippr boss is in hibernation.

We got to 19 and timed out. I was out of ammo by then and there weren't many people left.

Pretty sure it's bugged, when the Stalkers appeared at wave 14 iirc I thought we were nearly there but then it changed back to small ones, so kinda weird.

For the Rippers you need to clear the spawn within 10 minutes or it times out and any remaining mobs die. I assume it happens even if no-one is there, but you'll have to ask Schroedinger if that is true :)

The Mulciber yesterday took more than 10 minutes before it died, so either it's different for the boss mob or different for the crater one.

Disappointing not to get a boss but great skilling and great for the mission count :)

Wow thanks man, you're a real help in getting this thread updated! I wish I could be out in the field getting the information first hand.

Guys!

Great! I will update the OP, and hopefully someone finds it again :D

So I take it all these wave events require team effort? Seems sabakuma would be easy unless they come in large enough numbers.

Yep, most take team effort!

Fefs near Aloode?

Unanswered Questions

Time Limit for Each Wave
1. Do all the waves have the same time limit?
2. Is the rippersnapper wave event bugged?

Most questions have been answered! A few more questions now.

Also we are looking for a Fef Wave Event near Aloode!

The only Feffoid place I know near Aloode is nearer to Aegis Mound, west and southwest of there. But I just flew pretty extensively over that area and didn't find anything.

The only Feffoid place I know near Aloode is nearer to Aegis Mound, west and southwest of there. But I just flew pretty extensively over that area and didn't find anything.

Hmm, strange :/ I wonder where it is?

Sorry for off-topic but doesn't anybody else find it a bit convenient that all these suddenly appear when the shit just hit the fan big-time?

Kinda feels like SDS is trying to jingle keys in front of a rabid dog to try and distract it.

Sorry for off-topic but doesn't anybody else find it a bit convenient that all these suddenly appear when the shit just hit the fan big-time?

Kinda feels like SDS is trying to jingle keys in front of a rabid dog to try and distract it.

Lol I guess I'm not the only one who was thinking that. Oh well, life moves on I guess.

Called out to a few soc mates from Starfleet Command and killed the sabas very easily. The creeper was a non looter. Luckily these waves were easy enough but I find it hard to motivate myself and others to try bigger/more spendy waves.

Good luck and hopefully something nice is looted out there :)

And yes it seems these waves are a distraction....

First saba wave I could manage without armor, after that I just got gang banged and had to suit up :ahh:
But if you say at the very edge of the spwan area you should be able to pick them of one at a time. It's realy just the initial onslought when they all spwan at once that is hard.
Called out to a few soc mates from Starfleet Command and killed the sabas very easily. The creeper was a non looter. Luckily these waves were easy enough but I find it hard to motivate myself and others to try bigger/more spendy waves.

Good luck and hopefully something nice is looted out there :)
The one creeper I took part in killing didn't drop anything interesting that I could tell, but atleast it did loot :)
Allso one of the smaller ones in a previous wave droped some kind of MF attackchip (don't remeber the exact name) with a TT of 8 PED.
And apologise to me society mates whom I accidentaly told I looted it from a sumima... Hey, they both start with an S so close enough? :dance:

Shit hits the fan and they have spawns changed, and new system with not one something we haven't seen before, but a host of new things:
  • waves of mobs spawning that have to be killed in a certain timeframe
  • with just the specially-spawned mobs being shared loot despite being otherwise "normal"
  • specially spawned mobs auto-turreted in case of timeout
  • at least one new maturity

developed and deployed at the drop of the hat? I don't think so. Development and some amount of testing had to take place first. Sure, going live might have been rushed, but the framework for these must have been in development for some time and the framework been already deployed with 11.7.1

Right. So we'll need to gather a bigger team, think a bit about strategy and see if we can find out how many waves you planned.

Btw, any hints as to how long this will be running?

About the the Feffiod wave.

I was standing near the AH of Aloode and suddenly got a message that the wave event will start in...

Now I'm more confused, don't know where it is but do know it's defiantly there.

I was standing near the AH of Aloode and suddenly got a message that the wave event will start in...

ohhh noes it's the auction house!!!!! :confused:
ehrm no idea... where it is.

just got message at lake nth of pa/swamp. next wave event is at 14.06 (15 mins from now)

well that was a bit crappy..... if anyones interested "Wave event will be available again at 2011-02-25 14:06:20."

Calypso (60902, 77194, 212)

just got message at lake nth of pa/swamp. next wave event is at 14.06 (15 mins from now)

The Ripper-snapper event always starts 30 minutes after the last one ended. I don't think you can attract all teh rippersnapper to yourself and kill them all by just yourself.

I got a similar notice about the event by Billy's TP in between Rippersnaper events yesterday, so while Pioneer may deny that the event itself is bugged, I think this part is :)

yup sadly i was only one there at that last one, i kept swimming out to next group and getting the "left area" message which sucked................. what happens if you get em all? anyone know?

Perfect thank you for the answers!

Hmm lol, it has to be around :laugh:

ohhh noes it's the auction house!!!!! :confused:
ehrm no idea... where it is.

Well that would be interesting!

I got a similar notice about the event by Billy's TP in between Rippersnaper events yesterday, so while Pioneer may deny that the event itself is bugged, I think this part is :)

Maybe they allow notices to show up at the nearest TP to let people know?

You will get that message when the event starts, if you have entered a wave event area before. No matter where you are at the moment.

eg. You visit Hadesheim crater and it will tell you that the event wave will begin in 1h. So thats a long time to wait so you will tp out. 1h later you stand in PA helping noobs ;) and you will get the message that the event waves will start in 20sec.
Maybe its a bug, but it's helpful not to forget the waves. :D

You will get that message when the event starts, if you have entered a wave event area before. No matter where you are at the moment.

eg. You visit Hadesheim crater and it will tell you that the event wave will begin in 1h. So thats a long time to wait so you will tp out. 1h later you stand in PA helping noobs ;) and you will get the message that the event waves will start in 20sec.
Maybe its a bug, but it's helpful not to forget the waves. :D

Good to know! Thanks :)

Back