Wave Events Locations and Information

I ran around a smallish pit with Exas in it, got nothing. Is there supposed to be a natural spawn of Sabas? I didn't see any.

yeah it sounds like you were in the right place,if you got no message in chat of when the next spawn is then I can only guess the waves have stopped.

Dont quote me on this as I've only been to the saba and ripper spawn but from what I understand the wave spawns die if they time out.
The saba spawn is basically a one man job so it didnt time out and the ripper spawn timed out on us when we thought we had killed everything so I cant say for sure if that is the case.
Either way you should have got a message in chat when you enter the area of when the next wave is due.

yeah it sounds like you were in the right place,if you got no message in chat of when the next spawn is then I can only guess the waves have stopped.

Dont quote me on this as I've only been to the saba and ripper spawn but from what I understand the wave spawns die if they time out.
The saba spawn is basically a one man job so it didnt time out and the ripper spawn timed out on us when we thought we had killed everything so I cant say for sure if that is the case.
Either way you should have got a message in chat when you enter the area of when the next wave is due.

Yeah I figured, having done the Rippers and bots, that no message meant either I was in the wrong place or there was something wrong or missing. Was intending to try it solo as I haven't yet seen the saba one.

I hope these weren't just a 4-day wonder :(

Yeah I figured, having done the Rippers and bots, that no message meant either I was in the wrong place or there was something wrong or missing. Was intending to try it solo as I haven't yet seen the saba one.

I hope these weren't just a 4-day wonder :(

:scratch2: Maybe there were bugs in them after all? I don't see why they would only put them in for 4 days, unless it was just a test for the future.

we tried the Rippersnapper frenzy but we got so many unreachables it hard to finish even the first wave sometimes.
and I don't want to think about the return probably less then 10%.
MA fix this or remove the wave events.

EDIT: this is now, so the mission is still active near PA

we tried the Rippersnapper frenzy but we got so many unreachables it hard to finish even the first wave sometimes.
and I don't want to think about the return probably less then 10%.
MA fix this or remove the wave events.

EDIT: this is now, so the mission is still active near PA

When you have trapped mobs, get everyone to move to the surface and the mobs will be freed.

Good to know they're back - looks like it might be a weekend thing.

Hmm, any person or group planning to take on the Sabakuma challenge in the next couple of hours? I can provide a helping Opalo-filled hand with the lower maturities.

Ripper Snapper

The decay is insane and the amount of ammo you have to use is even more insane. the majority of the time you're spending ammo on mobs that are made unreachable because of the sheer amount of them trying to attack you. Whichever game designer dreamt up that particular event should be fired on the spot.

Sounds like the event is working exactly as intended...

On the contrary, the event designer will probably get a raise. :laugh:

Ripper SNapper Wave 1:
Rippers young-provider and Calypsocod young-Old. This wave times out after 10mins. Approx 5 calypsocods and 100 rippersnappers

Still haven't found feffs :(

Ripper SNapper Wave 1:
Rippers young-provider and Calypsocod young-Old. This wave times out after 10mins. Approx 5 calypsocods and 100 rippersnappers

The Calypsocods are just the regular lake spawn I think, not part of the wave.

rippers till lvl 15 was big ones after that just a shitload and i really mean a shitload of young-matures till lvl34

and still getting going up no boss insight
keep ya posted

Last edited:
rippers till lvl 15 was big ones after that just a shitload and i really mean a shitload of young-matures till lvl34

and still getting going up no boss insight
keep ya posted

do rockets and grenades work in water? because that looks like you need some.

do rockets and grenades work in water? because that looks like you need some.

They do, but of course the damage is distributed, which means you do 1 damage to each mob.

Looks awesome. Especially when you crit - but has very little effect :)

They do, but of course the damage is distributed, which means you do 1 damage to each mob.

need stronger rocket launcher.

Just did the ripper event and we failed @ lvl 38

Looks like after lvl 15 (stalkers) the maturity drops down again to you-old. this keeps that way.
I could not be there the whole time, but I can confirm wave 36

showimage.php

It was fun to do although it cost a lot... thos fish eat the armor of your skinn.

Cheers, Sway

Edit:
A video of wave 32
p.s. sorry for the prince track in the background, was listning to the radio:ahh:

Last edited:

Hmm, is one damage a minimum? Perhaps it would be profitable to gather a large team of colonists with the cheapest-to-shoot rocket launcher or grenade in game, and shoot the largest group of densely packed red dots possible (maybe Punies or birdies or something).

Hmm, is one damage a minimum? Perhaps it would be profitable to gather a large team of colonists with the cheapest-to-shoot rocket launcher or grenade in game, and shoot the largest group of densely packed red dots possible (maybe Punies or birdies or something).

it could be you win some in dmg, but I think you'll lose it quite fast on the armor decay ;) we had like 200-300ped armorrepairs each to get to wave #38.

very good point.
That needs to be tested! although my GF, a regular rocketlauncher suspects that you simply will not hit all the mobs and after max dmg is reached you will miss some mobs.
But if it works you discovered a whole in the system ;)

it could be you win some in dmg, but I think you'll lose it quite fast on the armor decay ;) we had like 200-300ped armorrepairs each to get to wave #38.

I was thinking about gathering a large group of Puny maturity mobs, or birds, as opposed to Rippers. No armor required.

I updated the OP. The rippers sound like they are going to be really tough to beat. I wonder what the boss mob will be, and what it'll loot?

I updated the OP. The rippers sound like they are going to be really tough to beat. I wonder what the boss mob will be, and what it'll loot?

a giant, mutated rippersnapper with big teeth, razors for fins, and laser beams shooting out of its eyes?

And the loot is 40 Nova Fragments and 2 Diluted Sweat.

Anybody find the feffoid wave event yet?..... I would love to goto town on these suckers :)

~Danimal

very good point.
That needs to be tested! although my GF, a regular rocketlauncher suspects that you simply will not hit all the mobs and after max dmg is reached you will miss some mobs.
But if it works you discovered a whole in the system ;)

I'm testing it right now, I will make a threat and post a link here when I'm done.
Edit: Here's the threat.

Cheers sway

Last edited:
I haven't heard of anyone stumbling onto it :/

Sweet :wtg:

How did we or someone hear about feffoids being a wave event then? :scratch2:

~Danimal

How did we or someone hear about feffoids being a wave event then? :scratch2:

~Danimal

Guys!

My boss Nukem, just told me that he stumbled yesterday, by accidence into another wave event near The PvP red zone, Near Aloode.

Problem I can't find it now, but it's sure there.

So if anyone can, come and help me find it, its a feffoids wave.

This post here.

Forgive my ignorance, but are these wave events a permanent thingie?

When do i have to be there to take part, or will they start as soon as someone shows up?

Many TIA for answering my questions.

Forgive my ignorance, but are these wave events a permanent thingie?

When do i have to be there to take part, or will they start as soon as someone shows up?

Many TIA for answering my questions.

We have not been told that they will end, but they are only available on weekends.

When you enter an event area, you will receive a message in the chat window stating when the next Wave Event will take place.

Back