Wave Events Locations and Information

I think if I remember correctly you can do them at anytime during the given wave times... I was able to do a sumima or whatever that wave was called on a Friday .. so not sure about only being on weekends :/

Would be nice if someone could find the feffoid wave event... I'm thinking its either in the middle of the yellow zone on the island or towards the end of the red zone by the lake. I would go check it out but I can't log into EU till around the 24th since I'm away on a business trip :)

~Danimal

We have not been told that they will end, but they are only available on weekends.

When you enter an event area, you will receive a message in the chat window stating when the next Wave Event will take place.

I thought that they were available all the time? You just need to enter the event area to activate the timer I think?

I think if I remember correctly you can do them at anytime during the given wave times... I was able to do a sumima or whatever that wave was called on a Friday .. so not sure about only being on weekends :/

Would be nice if someone could find the feffoid wave event... I'm thinking its either in the middle of the yellow zone on the island or towards the end of the red zone by the lake. I would go check it out but I can't log into EU till around the 24th since I'm away on a business trip :)

~Danimal

:p

I thought that they were available all the time? You just need to enter the event area to activate the timer I think?

From what I've seen I think they are available Thursday-Sunday.

Hmm that's interesting. Why wouldn't they limit them like that?

Tried to find the sabakuma wave but couldn't, don't know if it isn't activated atm, the coords given in this thread is wrong or if i have to do something to activate it:scratch2:

Edit: Read now that they are only available during weekends

Tried to find the sabakuma wave but couldn't, don't know if it isn't activated atm, the coords given in this thread is wrong or if i have to do something to activate it:scratch2:

Edit: Read now that they are only available during weekends

Well, today is Thursday, so there is still some research needed:

Maybe the SDS/FPC/... (whatever it is called now) officials can give us a clue?

When I say Thursday, I might mean after midnight, I consider that to be still Thursday :laugh:

When I say Thursday, I might mean after midnight, I consider that to be still Thursday :laugh:

Your time zone is the same as mine, so we have already "prolonged" thursday now? :laugh:

Your time zone is the same as mine, so we have already "prolonged" thursday now? :laugh:

No I just stay up late, it's not Friday till I wake up :D

No I just stay up late :D

But it's "thursday" after midnight now, almost 3 a.m. (known to the rest of the world as "early friday") - unless you meant the waves kick in wednesday after midnight (which would be early thursday morning). :silly2:

But it's "thursday" after midnight now, almost 3 a.m. (known to the rest of the world as "early friday") - unless you meant the waves kick in wednesday after midnight (which would be early thursday morning). :silly2:

Yes, it's after midnight, so the wave should be active now, go check it out :)

Bump bump, any more info?

Bump bump, any more info?

Well, i have been there (Fishie event) on friday morning, right after midnight - no wave.
I've tried later on friday afternoon, again no wave.

I couldn't be arsed to try again, but you should definitely try to gather some reliable info on "when"
(maybe use the info above to get a rough first estimate)

Maybe 1 player alone doesn't trigger it tho, this might explain why nobody found the feff waves - or it is over already!

Well, i have been there (Fishie event) on friday morning, right after midnight - no wave.
I've tried later on friday afternoon, again no wave.

I couldn't be arsed to try again, but you should definitely try to gather some reliable info on "when"
(maybe use the info above to get a rough first estimate)

Maybe 1 player alone doesn't trigger it tho, this might explain why nobody found the feff waves - or it is over already!

Hmm that's strange :S Atm I don't have time to gather data myself. Hopefully in the future; until then, everyone keep me posted on what's going on with the waves :)

It's not this, I've triggered the saba event on my own and completed it solo.

Maybe it's more of a staggered period - 3 days on, 3 days off, something like that, so that it's not always at the same time every week.

It's not this, I've triggered the saba event on my own and completed it solo.

Maybe it's more of a staggered period - 3 days on, 3 days off, something like that, so that it's not always at the same time every week.

That's even more reason to pin down the times - but are you sure they are not gone yet??

After having done the saba wave event over a dozend times solo my findings so far have been:
Lacerating attack chip II as uncommon loot (6 lootet) mostly from creeper but sometimes from a normal mob as well.
Rapper (L) amp rare drop (one lootet with TT somewhere in the 40ties).

I have done the event on the following days: Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
When you enter the area the first time and noone has entered it before you dont seems to get a message, but the event gets activated later on and you will get an information 20sec before the first wave.

I have done the whole saba event without armor - creeper hits where in the 40-60ties i think. With apis485 + beast amp attacking on max distance i can kill him in most cases without heals while going backwards.

That's even more reason to pin down the times - but are you sure they are not gone yet??

I'm not sure about much to do with these waves :laugh:

It does seem like it would be a permanent addition though, I see no reason why it shouldn't be and if they're going to make the system for it then you'd think they'd keep using it.

What I'd like to see is Pioneer to come back here and clear up a few questions :)

1. Are there only certain times/days where the events can be done?

2. Are there only the 3 wave events atm, or have we not found them all?

3. Is there an end to the rippersnapper waves? If so, are we even close to it?

Any others to include regarding the wave events? He has answered here before, I may try to direct him to the thread to see if he can help us out.

It does seem like it would be a permanent addition though, I see no reason why it shouldn't be and if they're going to make the system for it then you'd think they'd keep using it.

Yeah, makes little sense to stop it, but then again, they didn't even announce it, maybe it was just a test for an upcoming, improved version?
Who knows, they maybe just didn't want to have 100s of players go there and lag the servers to death?

And we should not forget that MA has a long history of making things that make little sense from a players perspective, at least "not yet".

It would help to find someone who can confirm that a wave event actually took place again during the last ... dunno, maybe 5 days?!

What I'd like to see is Pioneer to come back here and clear up a few questions :)

That'd sure help a lot. Need help spamming him with PMs? :laugh:

That'd sure help a lot. Need help spamming him with PMs? :laugh:

Perhaps :D. I'll give it a go here, and if we don't hear within a month... :laugh:

Currently, there are three wavespawn events.

Well, that's not entirely true; there is another, but we haven't activated it yet because of a slight technical problem. And no, the problem is not "it doesn't work".

Because it's the first time we're using them, they're turned off by default as a precaution. We reasoned that if the system is broken and the servers restart, we don't want them to restart as well and break the server/economy/player happiness.

That means that we have to turn them on again after a server restart (for instance after a patch). And sometimes a server resets and someone forgets to tell us about it. Then we figure out later that the servers have restarted, and we turn them on as soon as we stop jumping around screaming "why didn't they tell us?!!".

We feel a bit more safe now, so in a future SDS patch, we'll have them turned on by default instead. And add some goodies to them.

Well, that's not entirely true; there is another, but we haven't activated it yet because of a slight technical problem. And no, the problem is not "it doesn't work".

Because it's the first time we're using them, they're turned off by default as a precaution. We reasoned that if the system is broken and the servers restart, we don't want them to restart as well and break the server/economy/player happiness.

That means that we have to turn them on again after a server restart (for instance after a patch). And sometimes a server resets and someone forgets to tell us about it. Then we figure out later that the servers have restarted, and we turn them on as soon as we stop jumping around screaming "why didn't they tell us?!!".

We feel a bit more safe now, so in a future SDS patch, we'll have them turned on by default instead. And add some goodies to them.

Thanks for the info, that explains a lot... :silly2:

So they are meant to be available 24/7 and not only on weekends (when everything works as it should)?

And maybe you want to give us a short comment about whether there indeed is an "end/boss mob" or the wave just keep on spawning the way they do after wave 15 (mobs not getting harder, same low maturity all the time - or is that a bug?)

Thank you for the quick reply, it is much appreciated!

I Second this post.
Pioneer was on, but didn't answer these questions. :(
I'm most intersted in #1.

1. Are there only certain times/days where the events can be done?

2. Are there only the 3 wave events atm, or have we not found them all?

Any others to include regarding the wave events? He has answered here before, I may try to direct him to the thread to see if he can help us out.

I Second this post.
Pioneer was on, but didn't answer these questions. :(
I'm most intersted in #1.

I did answer question #2 straight off. Three wavespawners, plus one not activated so that doesn't count.

I read #1 as "is there any time of day where there is a wavespawner" (that was answered before as "no, unless there's a server restart, in which case we'll turn them on again as soon as possible, but that will change in next SDS patch so that they will always be on"). But then, you may be asking "how many times per day can I mud-wrestle Sabakuma", depending on how you read the question.

Damn you, ambivalent language!

But okay, let's answer the other way of reading the question as well. When turned on, wavespawners have three states: inactive, active, and cooldown. They start off as inactive and remain there until you stumble into the area. Then they go into the active state, where mobs noms your bottoms. When you are nommed by mobs and die and do not get back in time and thus fail, or when you kill the last mob (assuming there is a last mob) and win, they go into the cooldown state. There they remain for a while, and when the cooldown is over, the event returns to the inactive state, waiting to release a new batch of mobs to nom your bottoms.

I guess you can figure out how many times per day you can run the event, if you figure out the cooldown, the prep time before each wave, the number of waves, and how fast you can kill those damcritters. That will be your homework to tomorrow.

As for #3, that would be telling.

I doubt there is an end to the rippersnapper event. We know for sure there are at least 39 waves. Haven't heared of people who tried to beat that number yet. I can't really blame them, since it really starts to get boring after many hours of fishing :zzz:
And the rippers keep coming...

I did answer question #2 straight off. Three wavespawners, plus one not activated so that doesn't count.

I read #1 as "is there any time of day where there is a wavespawner" (that was answered before as "no, unless there's a server restart, in which case we'll turn them on again as soon as possible, but that will change in next SDS patch so that they will always be on"). But then, you may be asking "how many times per day can I mud-wrestle Sabakuma", depending on how you read the question.

Damn you, ambivalent language!

But okay, let's answer the other way of reading the question as well. When turned on, wavespawners have three states: inactive, active, and cooldown. They start off as inactive and remain there until you stumble into the area. Then they go into the active state, where mobs noms your bottoms. When you are nommed by mobs and die and do not get back in time and thus fail, or when you kill the last mob (assuming there is a last mob) and win, they go into the cooldown state. There they remain for a while, and when the cooldown is over, the event returns to the inactive state, waiting to release a new batch of mobs to nom your bottoms.

I guess you can figure out how many times per day you can run the event, if you figure out the cooldown, the prep time before each wave, the number of waves, and how fast you can kill those damcritters. That will be your homework to tomorrow.

As for #3, that would be telling.

:) Thank you for yet again another quick response, and for clearing things up.

I'm guessing that there is no end to the rippersnappers, but instead is like zombies in Black Ops. You just try and survive for as long as possible and then brag about it to all your friends :D Let's start a competition up. Maybe I'll make a thread or something :laugh:

Back