Information from MindArk Balancing Team

Here my summary of what I did understand so far:
Some rare items dropped quite frequently. A weapon was discovered with insane stats. All this is in accordance to MA's balancing rules and was only a rare occasion to make some avas happy.

My reading of Mindark statement is this: We are controling and regulating the loot, but sometimes occur rare situations where Mindark put his foot (makes a big error) and things happen like that happened.

Take it as a rare possibility, that it could have been available to any player, too. Real life is so, sometimes unexpected things happen, even for us, but do not forget that we understand that anyone who spends more, should receive more, and usually always work in that way.

Due to the last days’ speculations regarding the balancing in Entropia Universe, MindArk want to present the following statement:

MindArk´s vision with Entropia Universe is that all planets are a part of the same universe and follow the same balancing rules. In order for participants and items to move between planets, they have to be balanced with the same system. This is fundamental for the rule system and the market to work.

No changes have been made nor will be made to these core rules. At the same time, MindArk is continuously monitoring the balance of the system and all planets within the universe. Anomalies are constantly analyzed and adjusted to maintain the balance.

The market begins with the core rules, but is to a large extent affected by demand. Participants in a supply and demand situation strive towards stability to be able to predict the future, while at the same time it is in the unexpected and not so frequent situations that real opportunities can emerge.

In the last couple of days, a few rare incidents occurred within an unusually short period of time in conjunction with a release. These incidents have been analyzed in accordance to our routines.

On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them. These items should not be considered to be common in any way, nor competing with regular items. Participants investing time and funds into their avatar should be able to see their avatar progress.

For MindArk, the individual progress is a core part of the universe and the market.

With this MindArk hope you have a greater understanding of last days’ events and see them in a new light.

- MindArk Balancing Team

Originally Posted Here

Interesting read, however since I started playing in 2007, all I have seen is Mindark running after the facts.
Supply and demands works only when the two are met, that isn’t the case here in Entropia Universe.

Ever stop to think what players really might need based on their skills and not on auctions sales ?
As it is now you do not balance at all. Sample: If I would buy a huge pile of lyst today, you can bet some miner will get a huge claim of lyst within the next few days. That is not balancing, that is filling the shelves
at the supermarket.

Now let’s take myself as an sample. I’m a hunter and in need of weapons to hunt, when I look at auctions I find the weapons for my skills hugely overpriced. So as an alternative I use a weapon that has an lower markup and much lower skill need than I have. You see the sales on those lower markup weapons and fill the shelves with them, instead of making sure I can get the right weapons for my skills with a decent markup. Good sample is the Isis CB28 (L), when they looted like mad on proteron. Auctions had plenty at low markup, people used them to hunt, yet you failed to notice this.

Suggestion: Stop filling those shelves, and pay attention to the needs of your player base.
Start cranking out the weapons and tools that people really need, then you might get some balance here in Entropia Universe. Refilling the pile of Isis LR48 (L)’s might look smart, but would be smarter to look how many users could use better weapons and adjust the supply according to that.
It’s called creating demand, something that is been done in real life every day.

Yet not in Entropia Universe.

Last edited:
Interesting read, however since I started playing in 2007, all I have seen is Mindark running after the facts.
Supply and demands works only when the two are met, that isn’t the case here in Entropia Universe.

Ever stop to think what players really might need based on their skills and not on auctions sales ?
As it is now you do not balance at all. Sample: If I would buy a huge pile of lyst today, you can bet some miner will get a huge claim of lyst within the next few days. That is not balancing, that is filling the shelves
at the supermarket.

Now let’s take myself as an sample. I’m a hunter and in need of weapons to hunt, when I look at auctions I find the weapons for my skills hugely overpriced. So as an alternative I use a weapon that has an lower markup and much lower skill need than I have. You see the sales on those lower markup weapons and fill the shelves with them, instead of making sure I can get the right weapons for my skills with a decent markup. Good sample is the Isis CB28 (L), when they looted like mad on proteron. Auctions had plenty at low markup, people used them to hunt, yet you failed to notice this.

Suggestion: Stop filling those shelves, and pay attention to the needs of your player base.
Start cranking out the weapons and tools that people really need, then you might get some balance here in Entropia Universe. Refilling the pile of Isis LR48 (L)’s might look smart, but would be smarter to look how many users could use better weapons and adjust the supply according to that.
It’s called creating demand, something that is been done in real life every day.

Yet not in Entropia Universe.

Mariko, apparently they dont teach basic economy in Sweden. :)

Agree with Mariko.. seems to me they maybe scared to drop the markups on the ubers' loot! :wise:

In the last couple of days, a few rare incidents occurred within an unusually short period of time in conjunction with a release. These incidents have been analyzed in accordance to our routines.

On rare occasions, items and opportunities can be found letting participants with lower skills to also try out other aspects of the universe not usually available to them. These items should not be considered to be common in any way, nor competing with regular items. Participants investing time and funds into their avatar should be able to see their avatar progress.For MindArk, the individual progress is a core part of the universe and the market.

Incidents:

- Items: ES500 - lets screw all who have ancient crafted scaners wich newer droped and cant be crafted, and let few frends happy. Nobody cheat here even if he know that looted item cant be looted and continue to hunt to get more?
No roll back, no deletion of droped scaners.
Maybe MA drop few k of MM amd modfaps for frends of frends too - but thats normal , they f.. game as they like.

Opportunities:

- RT quests repetable bug - for all but also for "participants with lower skills" and their "individual progress"
Lets call all cheaters and rol back skills.
Next time all participants usnig MA and planet partner product will be baned because "individual progress is a core part"..

Im not afected of quest repetable bug but i was proud owner of wery rare item ES500, now im just average Joe with common item.

Apart cost of play two things piss me badly recently:

- ES500 drop
- Ma RCE database is not secure -they screwed birth date and gender today, what will hapen next?
Today after years of play, gold card, first magasine, 3D-secure depositing need sen scan of ID - ok but...
With what documet we cud prove that we deposited and paid estate, LA, gear and suc if one day database is
messed?
They wont rol back as they dont want for ES500 in name of balancing.

Apart cost of play two things piss me badly recently:

- ES500 drop

On the other hand it made a lot of players happy just for the reason you mentioned - it hadn't been availible in years. As hating to pay the TP fee for essentially nothing; It would have been good if there were item drops on calypso aswell.

In the long run, what I think MA missed was an opportunity to get (L) scanners with the same range of the ES500. The fact that ES500 had longer range than Lifescanner V, and less decay aswell, probably made some medium-age players frustrated.

To anyone who says nice items shouldn't drop because it would ruin the market value: I want items to use myself. I'm ingame to try to have fun at a reasonable cost, not to make a fortune. I won't (re)sell the scanner to make quick cash. I'll use the scanner ocassionally, for instance to scan big robots - I won't use it around the clock AFK scanning and then dump the scanning skills in auction.

On the other hand it made a lot of players happy just for the reason you mentioned - it hadn't been availible in years. As hating to pay the TP fee for essentially nothing; It would have been good if there were item drops on calypso aswell.

In the long run, what I think MA missed was an opportunity to get (L) scanners with the same range of the ES500. The fact that ES500 had longer range than Lifescanner V, and less decay aswell, probably made some medium-age players frustrated.

To anyone who says nice items shouldn't drop because it would ruin the market value: I want items to use myself. I'm ingame to try to have fun at a reasonable cost, not to make a fortune. I won't (re)sell the scanner to make quick cash. I'll use the scanner ocassionally, for instance to scan big robots - I won't use it around the clock AFK scanning and then dump the scanning skills in auction.

Is not as you think. Wud be nice it drop if we know from start that is craftable and dropable but ES500 was newer lotable only craftable with old crafting system. And is top item - les than 1 pec per click - like mod fap...

What happened is indicator that many investment will be not safe in future so many ppl cud decide to not deposit and buy items or invest in something.

Is not as you think. Wud be nice it drop if we know from start that is craftable and dropable but ES500 was newer lotable only craftable with old crafting system. And is top item - les than 1 pec per click - like mod fap...

With faps, though there isn't any reasonable eqvivalent to mod/imp fap (160/120 hp heals), at least there is now some (L) faps that is in level with at least adj fap. And in the eye of a mid level depositor, it's not fun seeing prices and costs go up all the time in areas where there are no drops.

Right now what I want (and would be useful for a running event) is a wormhole chip, but at prices close to 10k ped, it's just out of my reach. And as for the last resurrection chip, last time I looked in auction the top bidder was "Fiscal Improvement Schema" (and I doubt it is the finance of FPC or MA he's trying to improve).

If you're wealthy enough, you could have had a share in the Medusa Head property. As a normal avatar, you wouldn't be asked. Hangar owners gets 80 ped from each avatar who wants to visit Rocktropia/Next Island. Oldtime ubers with shadow/supremacy and mm+a204 who wants do do the prison mission on Rocktropia have a clear advantage over normal players whos best option is (L) guns like Apis and (L) faps like UR-125 and maybe Vigi or Ghost armor. As there are 5 deeds at stake for the 5 fastest people who complete the mission, having an unlimited supply of weapon, armor and fap (given trade terminal for ammp and repair terminal for repairs), and with no storage you'd probably be weighted down if you'd have to carry "x" numbers of guns and armor parts with you (where "x" is unknown - I'd guess at least 10-20 apis).

Best item I've looted myself I consider the TP(II) chip. It wa worth 700 ped when I looted it, it's now down to probably 70 ped. (In team I actually looted a fap-90 on Rocktropia, but due to a misunderstanding my teammate sold it :/ I'd like to have kept it.). As for depositing; I don' thave the IRL resources to do huge deposits to buy mod faps or land areas, though I deposit on average 2000 ped/month, and I feel like a cash cow and getting laughed at by the people who do big withdrawals and haven't deposited in 5 years. Just again, consider the 80 ped TP fee that I usually have to deposit for. And then my deposited PEDs would go to, sure, in some cases active players and formelrly active pilots. In other cases, people who have more ethan enough of hangars just as "investment objects", or to anonymous hangar owners that are secondary avatars.

After I got a lucky HOF, tgether with putting most of my ingame assets in bank (now most of it is sold), I was able to unlock death speak. It would have been fun to have been able to keep the resurrection chpiu for a few hours and play with, but the guy who was running the service waited impatiently - not because of losing it completely (because I had given him coillateral) but that I could have lended it out to a socmate so he would potentially had lost 250 ped income from someone else. See there, an example of profit vs fun.

Last edited:
On the other hand it made a lot of players happy just for the reason you mentioned - it hadn't been availible in years.

Happy? Are you serious?

It made pretty much 4 or 5 players happy, one of them being a ND affilitate, DAmanager, who looted the vast majority of the scanners), and pissed of not only dozends of owners of high-end scanners who lost some 100 US$ within seconds, but it pissed off a several 100s of players because it made buying a high-end, high-markup items way more of a risk now - the fact alone that something like that CAN happen is enough - so tell me, who the F**K cares about 4-5 happy people when EU shuts down because of such bullcrap???

Happy? Are you serious?

It made pretty much 4 or 5 players happy, one of them being a ND affilitate, DAmanager, who looted the vast majority of the scanners), and pissed of not only dozends of owners of high-end scanners who lost some 100 US$ within seconds, but it pissed off a several 100s of players because it made buying a high-end, high-markup items way more of a risk now - the fact alone that something like that CAN happen is enough - so tell me, who the F**K cares about 4-5 happy people when EU shuts down because of such bullcrap???

Couldnt have said it better myself.

I'm guessing they had a pretty good idea how this was going to upset the 'older members' and sane ppl in general.

This was not just a fluke occurance, this was planned. I've expressed my honest and cincere concerns here and I think my last post says it best:

'We can all see that RT and NI are struggling, just look at their stats at et tracker. I know global and hof activity doesn't say it all, but it's a damn good indicator. And when I see them getting 2-3% of total I seriously doubt they can maintain very long.'

Just think about the consequences when a planet can no longer maintain itself. MA will have to step in and they really don't want that to happen. So imo they are trying everything to keep things afloat before DAmagecontrol has to be performed.

Happy? Are you serious?

As for item drops in general, I get upset when same person gets several of them in the loot window. It can be FAP-69 SGA, repairable mining amps, HL-15+Assassin 150. I was also sort'a upset that it was on Rocktopia, 80 ped away, a few days before (my) payday (imho, if a planet partner wants to be smart and want players do be more active than usual, do release events between 25th-1st). (And a purey personal note that very day I was out of town). Also, of course if a majority of them was looted by an avatar belonging to a planetpartner it's even more wrong, I can't argue with *that*.

I just speak for myself now: I was happy because I was able to buy an ES500 using deposited money, rather than just see ones occasionally sit in auction for 10k peds. As seen from a broader perspective, if it would be too expensive, the PEDs wouln't have been deposited.

And when you talk about decreased value, what about the items typical low- and midlevel players use? The value of weapons like Katuichi Determination when mid level mobs like feffoids, ambulimax, maffoids and atrox suddently got "regen"? What about the value of A104 weapon amps after the amp nerf? And what do you think about if you buy a new armor set (one of the most popular armor sets ingame), you think that you have done the "last big armor investment" (within the budget of a single monthly deosit) , and then suddently you have to look in auction for months until footguards for it show up - and then pay more markup for the new footguards than the markup of the entire armor set?

'We can all see that RT and NI are struggling, just look at their stats at et tracker. I know global and hof activity doesn't say it all, but it's a damn good indicator. And when I see them getting 2-3% of total I seriously doubt they can maintain very long.'

I'd go more often to Rocktropia if I didn't have to pay 80 PEDs for nothing to get there. 80 PEDs I have to deposit, that I don't get skills from at all, and doesn't even go to the people who maintain the game (servers and support).

Again, I really want a few items that haven't looted since 2005, and given the new name of the items it's sort'a unlikely they would drop again, at least on calypso. And there are no (L) versions of them. No "second generation". There is one thing I think ND should be credited for: Item drops.

I should add though that I'm probably a typical mid level player. I don't have anything exceptional; the most unique item is probably the plasma rifle (without SIB) that I got by selling my Fox ME and then paying 1000 peds between (I didn't get it for free), and then use to try to tiergrind. And, well, see my plasma skills become more or less worthless when a nice plasmagun with SIB is dropped to people who either were lucky while it "dropped like candy" or could pay the 15k peds. I have no land area. I'm not even co-owner in one. I have no hangar. I got an apartment that was one of the best located ingame before vu 10, now it's in middle of the soviet suburb.

Beside the nearly broken SK-80(L) fap, I don't have anything adj/imp/mod. My best repairable armor is ghost and vigilante (I have a few viking parts but no hope of completing a set ofc). Best fap is tier 2 EK-2600. Best repairable weapons; determination, plasma rifle and maddox iv+best. Ah, and now I have the ES500 scanner that I bought for deposited peds.

Last edited:
As for item drops in general, I get upset when same person gets several of them in the loot window. It can be FAP-69 SGA, repairable mining amps, HL-15+Assassin 150. I was also sort'a upset that it was on Rocktopia, 80 ped away, a few days before (my) payday (imho, if a planet partner wants to be smart and want players do be more active than usual, do release events between 25th-1st). (And a purey personal note that very day I was out of town). Also, of course if a majority of them was looted by an avatar belonging to a planetpartner it's even more wrong, I can't argue with *that*.

Your chain of reasoning always starts and ends with "I"...

and this probably is the reason why you only see that YOU would've been happy to loot such an item, no matter what impact this may have on others.

I just speak for myself now: I was happy because I was able to buy an ES500 using deposited money, rather than just see ones occasionally sit in auction for 10k peds. As seen from a broader perspective, if it would be too expensive, the PEDs wouln't have been deposited.

Broader perspective is the measly peds you may or may not have deposited?
This is so silly, i don't even know what to comment, please, do me a favour and rethink the use of the word "broader", because it is diametrically opposed to what you should have written there...

Interesting point about NI and RT with regard to "globals".

RT, i personally couldnt give two hoots about. Quite simply I dont trust ND, nor do I like the persona he projects/promotes in his self serving videos etc. That being said, Im sure he appeals to someone and that his immature ravings do bring in new players to his planet. this is how he appeals to the market he is aiming at - its not for me.

NI however is different. Sadly they havent had a real content update since around Xmas, and there doesnt seem to be one coming until mid year. One has to then begin to wonder why this is. Is MA ignoring them? Is NDS deliberatly being extremely slow in creating the necessary programmes so that MA can update them? Have they given up trying to get anywhere because of a combination of both?

Interesting that ND/RT would APPEAR to be beneficiaries of both this "accidental" drop of rare items, on DAmanagers land, and the landowner of the only truly populated land area on NI, owing to the fact that it is the only land area that could even be called nearly done and contains all mobs - most exclusively.

My gut feeling is that ND is being coddled by MA, he has the medias ear and could completely ruin MA if he went on a rant because he went broke. So MA pander to him. Its also in his interest that NI is delayed as much as possible, giving him more time to push RT, and the only one benefiting by the simple fact that only his land is really playable, and even that is not finished.

Before you start critisising me, and calling "ND HATER", I am just pointing out the facts that are available to me, and making observations. Given his apparent lack of regard for playing by the rules -the whole PP saga - it doesnt take much to start people wondering who is actually running MA.

MY GUESS is that ND was shown off by MA as the "Golden Child of EU", the player who made a fortune playing a game. Proof that RCE works and that anyone could do it. Now hes trying to do it on his own, and failing, but MA cant afford to allow him to fail - too much has been invested in him and his reputation, so they have to prop him up. If ND was allowed to fail the media who showcased him and brought MA and EU to the worlds attention would be just as quick, if not quicker, to bring it to the worlds attention that he failed. Negative publicity like that would kill MA and the other PP's investments.

Who is going to play an expensive game, where a guy who made millions lost it all?

Who is going to invest in a game where a guy who invested millions is now broke?

From my point of view ND/RT will always be the place to play, because it would cost MA too much to treat him with the same regard they show the players and, it would appear, other PP's.

Just a train of thought and observations, that seem to point to reasons for the recent "unfair and unbalanced" drops on RT and the "potential" reasons behind it.

RT, i personally couldnt give two hoots about. Quite simply I dont trust ND, nor do I like the persona he projects/promotes in his self serving videos etc. That being said, Im sure he appeals to someone and that his immature ravings do bring in new players to his planet. this is how he appeals to the market he is aiming at - its not for me.

NI however is different. Sadly they havent had a real content update since around Xmas, and there doesnt seem to be one coming until mid year. One has to then begin to wonder why this is. Is MA ignoring them? Is NDS deliberatly being extremely slow in creating the necessary programmes so that MA can update them? Have they given up trying to get anywhere because of a combination of both?

Interesting that ND/RT would APPEAR to be beneficiaries of both this "accidental" drop of rare items, on DAmanagers land, and the landowner of the only truly populated land area on NI, owing to the fact that it is the only land area that could even be called nearly done and contains all mobs - most exclusively.

My gut feeling is that ND is being coddled by MA, he has the medias ear and could completely ruin MA if he went on a rant because he went broke. So MA pander to him. Its also in his interest that NI is delayed as much as possible, giving him more time to push RT, and the only one benefiting by the simple fact that only his land is really playable, and even that is not finished.

Before you start critisising me, and calling "ND HATER", I am just pointing out the facts that are available to me, and making observations. Given his apparent lack of regard for playing by the rules -the whole PP saga - it doesnt take much to start people wondering who is actually running MA.

MY GUESS is that ND was shown off by MA as the "Golden Child of EU", the player who made a fortune playing a game. Proof that RCE works and that anyone could do it. Now hes trying to do it on his own, and failing, but MA cant afford to allow him to fail - too much has been invested in him and his reputation, so they have to prop him up. If ND was allowed to fail the media who showcased him and brought MA and EU to the worlds attention would be just as quick, if not quicker, to bring it to the worlds attention that he failed. Negative publicity like that would kill MA and the other PP's investments.

Who is going to play an expensive game, where a guy who made millions lost it all?

Who is going to invest in a game where a guy who invested millions is now broke?

From my point of view ND/RT will always be the place to play, because it would cost MA too much to treat him with the same regard they show the players and, it would appear, other PP's.

Just a train of thought and observations, that seem to point to reasons for the recent "unfair and unbalanced" drops on RT and the "potential" reasons behind it.

Simply well said. Period. +rep

-Bemo-

While your story paints a beautiful picture of fatherly love, MA getting more and more PlanetPartners on board suggests completely the opposite.

No "Golden Child" is safe from competition.

And as a sidenote: maybe Deathifier needs to be shown off by MA, but definitely not ND, cause he does a much better job at it himself. :)

I agree with your interpretations of the facts unfolding over the past several months..... except what is quoted above.

I think MA gave a chance to ND through unfinished busness of NI.....and recently RT. As it stands now, most likely, it's not gonna work.... which is both sad and espected.

However, I think MA is looking for an opportunity to break away from ND/NDS......it's needed for the survival of EU.......I'm Hoping planet Arkadia could be a potential contender to replace ND and NDS.......but only time will tell

.....packing up and getting ready .....................................for Arkadia.....:)

Your chain of reasoning always starts and ends with "I"...

and this probably is the reason why you only see that YOU would've been happy to loot such an item, no matter what impact this may have on others.

So, If I loot a wormhole chip or resurrection chip, what impact would that have on others?

Broader perspective is the measly peds you may or may not have deposited?

Thank you, I have deposited as much as I consder myself being able to lose (ie without taking IRL loans). Imho, spending let's say 50k ped (I haven't summed up how much I've deposited) on a computer game and then being laughed at by the people at the other, the "withdrawing", end isn't that fun.

How do you think it feels like to get more and more skills, and being capped because price is going up because no item drops since 2005? (In a broader perspective: More and more skills ingame, more and more people being able to use the item, and yet nothing having been done to adjust the availibility of items to the growing population).

I wonder how the game would be like if it didn't have "measle" depositors - only sweaters (who don't want to/can't deposit) and "investors" (who doesn't buy any sweat since they realize if there are only sweaters and investors ingame there is noone who'll use ME).

Last edited:
$4 to go on another planet? Then make sure that planets are good enough as they're! If the game isn't fun then the accounting that players have to do won't be forgiven. I'm on Rocktropia and I'm fine, but honestly, the world is not interesting. It's just a lot of zombie strippers and empty buildings and trade terminals. This game world is skeleton-like when compared to high fantasy or sci fi games i've played. There're a lot of skills and there's lots of basic accounting work to do do keep your ped losses minimal. It's just that this game has lots of accounting but not much feeling. Not much passion. Not much roleplaying. Not much else to keep you here unless you like calculators. Or maybe trying out vehicle physics or just you like spending peds to show off.

Not saying that I never enjoy the time I play here. I'm downloading right now to give it another spin maybe. But I'm not ready to go any further than I have in the past yet. I'm giving this more time to simmer. My thoughts so far have pretty much been covered in this single post. The game is stale. I like researching to keep ped losses minimal. I like all of the vehicles there're. This space addition is cool. But overall, EU is a very passion-less number crunching kind of game. I don't want the number crunching to be removed, I just want more passion invested in making good content. The kind of content you find in other sci-fi or fantasy games. Not this 1) copy model and mob data 2) change a couple things like hair color 3) adjust spawn point to new location 4) done.

Can't they make the game more interesting without making it dumber? (i like research and number-crunching)

Funny thing is the best ideas I think i've had were: 1) I want the leather zombie jacket and pants give me I want to be a badass for fun and say "come with me if you want to live" - here i am on the rock and there's bunches of zojmbies and strippers but i haven't seen any zombie clothes to wear or stripper clothes just normal things you see on other planets 2) put a scoreboard at the raceways and allow players to race on them and record their time on the top 100 lists for a charge of about 1 to 5 ped or thereabout - players make no profits, just do it for fun. Or maybe just an apartment in an obscure place. Those kinds of things. Hard to explain.

Maybe I"m weird? How about this: Why are there no non-players to talk to in the world? Make some. The world is so damn empty it's like walking down an empty hollywood movie set and feeling like a corpse.

Last edited:
Your a bit late the tp between planets was removed, you've got to go through lootable pvp space now.

What happened is indicator that many investment will be not safe in future so many ppl cud decide to not deposit and buy items or invest in something.

Well...Then its time for MA to make Mod-fap BP so we can start to craft them.

Well...Then its time for MA to make Mod-fap BP so we can start to craft them.

As far as I know, most of the existing mod faps ingame are, uh, crafted.
(Which is why it's extremely unlikely they'll show up in loot for the next 50 years.)

As far as I know, most of the existing mod faps ingame are, uh, crafted.
(Which is why it's extremely unlikely they'll show up in loot for the next 50 years.)

Yes.. I know they was crafted by the TT-terminal because a bug but MA know that and did not want to do anything about it.:laugh:

Back