Poll: Ability to Rent or Loan items

Should MA implement this?

• Total voters
(If this isn't the right section for this question sorry I'm new here.)

I was thinking last night that it would be cool if you could rent or loan items to other players. Currently (as I'm sure you know) if you loan an item to a friend you are relying on them to return it when they are done. I'm thinking that it would be implemented something like this: there would be a window like the private trade window, and you would set the number of hours and days that you wanted to transfer it to the other player, etc. Or it could be done like an auction where you put the item up for rent and MA gets their fee. Actually if both options could be implemented that would be cool because it would mirror the private trade/auction setup. I think that in either case you would have to pick up the item at the auctioneer after the loan period had expired. This could also work for things like stylist chairs, etc. I recently read either on this forum or on the Entropia Planets forum about a player wanting to be able to rent out use of her stylist/beauticians chair.

Edit:Just thought of this while replying to Futurama; It could be set up like a LA where you are taxed based on the decay of the item + plus a small fee (based on the tt of the item) that would go to the owner minus MAs cut (of course). For vehicles it would need to be based on distance traveled.

Last edited:
It is a bad idea

That would remove the sale of items totally, who would wanna buy one if you can loan it 100% safely?

Items would never get sold in auction, such as high end weapons etc.. People would use it for their own profit by just Loaning them to people as often as they do not use it...

I wanted this idea some years ago, but when I started to get my own expensive gear I started to understand that it would never ever work :(

It is a bad idea

That would remove the sale of items totally, who would wanna buy one if you can loan it 100% safely?

Items would never get sold in auction, such as high end weapons etc.. People would use it for their own profit by just Loaning them to people as often as they do not use it...

I wanted this idea some years ago, but when I started to get my own expensive gear I started to understand that it would never ever work :(

what he said.

Shit even MA could make money off this....

Loan Agreement 1PED per day.

Then set up conditions like above.

follow-up

I mainly mentioned the rent option because it would off-set the decay. However it would also allow people to profit some from a higher end item while someone else improved the tier for you. (I'll preface this by saying I don't know how the shops work, do you own and then still have to pay tax to building owner or do you rent space?) Actually, I would imagine this isn't that much different than the way shops work. Also if you have been grinding away and have decent equipment why not make some money from it. It has been repeatedly pointed out how the cost of certain UL items is insanely high. This way if you paid 7k for an ES500 you can rent it out and recoup some of your money.

You can rent items now as well - either have good friends or you need collateral..

About the idea - it has been talked about 1010101011 times already and MA have stated that they won`t implement such feature. And i agree with them... In the huge inflation times we saw how much impact have a bunch of resellers on the economy... There is nothing stoping a few individuals from stacking most of high end weapons, armors and creating renting monopoly...

Re:Futurama

There is nothing stoping a few individuals from stacking most of high end weapons, armors and creating renting monopoly...

So its better to have certain fairly rare/rare items locked up where only a few uber players can use them or we can look at them in some shop and think who the hell would pay that much for a (gun/FAP/etc.)?:scratch2:

At least if you could rent an uber gun from someone you would have a chance of looting an uber item of your own. Just my 2 cents.

doesent we allready hvae it i saw in bank neverdie you could loan anything you wanted for 30 days for 90 PED

Back