PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images

Mining in Entropia: * * *Private Lessons* * *

Private Lessons on Mining for Interested Parties.

Time to try something a little different. Its a bit of a morale conundrum for some. It has taken a long time to reach this decision but i see a slow down in Morale, Patience, Comradery. I am not offering pie in the sky theories or asumptions on knowing how to "crack" the system. I am just going to lay bare all i have learned in 7.5 years of mining. So lets see what we can do together. Here is my plan.

1. When: TBD with the student. Calendaring service will be made available.

2. Who:Me and anyone any skill level is welcome to join.

3. Where: I have many places in a long list of places where i will select based on the student's input on what he or she wishes to mine. I will transport from a predesignated TP in my VTOL to the location(s). In future when available i will ferry to other planets as well for a nominal fee.

4. How: The lesson will be based on applying fundamentals i have taught in my basic/intermediate classes.
    I will take the time to layout the pattern for the Miner based on his attempts at dropping bombs/probes.
    I will provide feedback on how to proceed. We will cover skill gains and what they mean to your overall run and area.
    I will establish a working diary of events for each taught run.
    I will make adjustment suggestions based on current market and "Timing".
    I will invest time in ongoing discussion and adjusments.
    I will provide info on tools to use based on current skill level.
    I Will assist in amp selection and usage.

5. Why: This is where it gets interesting. I believe in this game a considerable amount. I have seen ALL of its ups and downs. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that i cant be everywhere all the time. But wait, could it be that is the very reason why i think I should teach this. I have heard many sides of the story in "giving" away too much info. Here is what i think. If more miners know what they are doing and how they can increase returns. Thats more minerals for crafters, more items for the populace, more things to do, etc, etc...

I cant possibly teach everyone but i sure will try. Please dont think me to be arrogant, self indulgent, and many other negative things. There are many miners in the game and i am sure they may have some tidbit of knowledge on the whens more so than the wheres and nifty things like that. I have much respect for anyone that has pushed through the challenges and catastrophes. It's time for me to step up and give back. There are many out there on the cusp of leaving, taking long breaks, etc. If i can help one person to get that excited feeling of coming back time and time again to find minerals in YOUR same place then i feel good.

6. How much: 500 ped per month for 3 months. I know, i know ... Its gotta cost something and any intelligent discussion about what i plan to provide should have a price. Any time spent teaching someone else is time i am not mining. I have talked to several people in passing from my classes and have thrown out the idea of a profit sharing system for miners. I thought long and hard about what could make that a losing proposition.. Poor mining results for those doing the sharing. I think it best if i establish a standard that people can follow and when we have enough people using the same method we can attach it to a business.

7. How many: I would like to start with a roster of 30 people to begin with. However 5 spaces will be reserved for society members wishing to join at a good discount of course. I have a family and a career but this is a close 3rd(hobbies).

8. How do you signup?: Please contact me with an email. Windswept1111@gmail.com. I will add names to my roster for first batch of 25 on a first come first serve basis. I will respond back with scheduling materials and basic on where will meet.

9. Initial Lesson: Our first lesson will be covering as much info as needed to get the miner started. ( 1-2 hours). From then on communications will be based on PMs(in game), Text chat(mobile), Email, we can workout other methods.

Ok, I have a somewhat empathic understanding of the people in this game through the forums. Please resist the temptation to poke holes in this or me. Its not for everyone and i value opinions but lets see what the customers have to say after they have completed the cycle. Feedback will be encouraged and there will be a separate post for that.

I appreciate everyone for taking the time to read this and consider it and i look forward to the impact this effort COULD have on our game.
    Last edited by Windswept; 02-27-2011 at 09:26.

2. 02-27-2011, 17:04

Reason
    Threads merged

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hope WolfGang Mono
    Images
    Yay! this is a very nice idea, i will/ might take advantage of this, if i can find and come to part with the 500ped for 3 month
    On big break

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I understand its a sum to pay to anyone. I appreciate the interest. Based on replies i have seen so far people have good questions and i will compile them as a FAQ in the original post. It will be time consuming for me but its time to lay a foundation for miners and I think this could help.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Ninja Kevlie
    Society
    Dark Knights - Apprentices
    Images
    hmm interesting

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus XeroX Cicero
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope WolfGang View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yay! this is a very nice idea, i will/ might take advantage of this, if i can find and come to part with the 500ped for 3 month
    hmm I think I might do this for 500ped... but I think it's 1500 for 3 month. Sorry if you meant that anyway.

At the end of the day the question would be... can you guarantee that I make back at least 500ped by say the second month? Of course that would require a certain minimum effort from my side since I would need to reach a certain turnover I guess. However if I don't do that after the learning and mining with you then I assume it would be quite pointless to do the lesson anyway.

I want to believe
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Alexis Sky Greenstar
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With regards to "cracking" the system, it is not possible to do. Mindark has the ability (obviously) to tweak / modify / change the system in any way that they wish to.

As for rallying support for this little project of Windswept, I am all for it. I like the idea of this project, the only problem is that MA could tap into text messages in the game and using Windswept's own data, change the system. It may / may not occur, but it is a concern. Out of game voice chat may be a better option.

7.5 years, boy time does fly when you are having fun. I am considering attending myself, really need to think hard about it though.

I think it all comes down to how seriously you see this little game, and how much trust / faith you can place into Mindark and Windswept.

Looking forward to see the FAQ.
    We pay for each other's good fortune, Mindark just supplies the platform and siphons off of us to keep the lights on.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    Ratt , i am not cracking the system. I am merely offering up my services to teach other how i mine. Its involved and personal for each person. I have learned many things over time. With the limited time i have to mine and keep up with RL i am very willing as an established miner to offer up everything i know so others can enjoy this profession more.

Anyone can join and as many have seen from me i have a steady record of finding minerals and i can demonstrate that through teaching. Also i ave a high rank in Entropia Tracker for globals but it doesnt show all the non globals i find.

Please dont let the conversation stray here onto topics aside from what i am offering.. MA has changed nothing about the mining beyond depth and times they are available. Its that simple.. The system cant be cracked to have 100% success but it can be worked to provide fun and decent returns until the big one comes.

I only want more miners to be successful. Risks are up to them, i will do my best to teach when and where and for how long the risks have the best chance for success.

I also plan to see each of the miners that join me succeed in some form whether its returns, more globals and hofs, Or just an idea of when to not mine. The fact that i cant teach everyone is why MA wont change anything because i taught some people. Im not that paranoid. What i do see happening is a conglomerate of succesful miners working together to bring more to any planet they frequent.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    OK here are some of the questions i have received from interested players.

FAQ
    Q: You are asking for 500ped per month per 3 months. Now what happend if i just pay you 500 for first month?

A: When we start our first class payment will be made. You will have 30 days of involvement from me as much as i can apply to you personally. In game PMs, Emails, PCF PMs, any other agreed upon method. If after 30 days are up and you do not wish to continue with my assistance then simply do not pay and from then on you will be on your own. Should you want to return to me for assistance simply contact me and we will pick up from where we left off.

Q: Also will the classes will be with a group of 25 people or one on one?

A: All interaction will be 1 on 1, No one else will know anything i tell you nor will i ever share any info on locations scouted for you or minerals found. Returns and tracking info will never be shared with any other participants.

Q: How many hours a day?

A: Your first session in person with me will be at least 1 - 2 hours. We will visit the area chosen for you and mined with instruction until we have mapped its borders and depths. From that point on for the 30 days i will be available for any assistance i can provide. Of course i cant be physically at everyones locations all the time but i will do my best to assist. This is reason for the fee. As i involve myself personally i am unable to mine for myself.

Q: Now if i have the ped for the first month, what happens if i dont have the 500 ped for the second month?

A: As stated above assistance will stop and you will be on your own.

Q: Can you guarantee that I make back at least 500ped by say the second month?

A: I would be lying if i said yes. Your returns are up to you following my instruction and mitigating loss with discipline and patience. There are too many factors i cannot account for e.g. you decide to use large amps on a day i suggest not to mine and you lose all your ped. You change areas thinking you can apply this strategy to anywhere and you find your losses become excessive. Remember i am choosing the areas for you based on your input but there is a time it takes to establish a pattern.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    OK here are some of the questions i have received from interested players.

FAQ
    Q: You are asking for 500ped per month per 3 months. Now what happend if i just pay you 500 for first month?

A: When we start our first class payment will be made. You will have 30 days of involvement from me as much as i can apply to you personally. In game PMs, Emails, PCF PMs, any other agreed upon method. If after 30 days are up and you do not wish to continue with my assistance then simply do not pay and from then on you will be on your own. Should you want to return to me for assistance simply contact me and we will pick up from where we left off.

Q: Also will the classes will be with a group of 25 people or one on one?

A: All interaction will be 1 on 1, No one else will know anything i tell you nor will i ever share any info on locations scouted for you or minerals found. Returns and tracking info will never be shared with any other participants.

Q: How many hours a day?

A: Your first session in person with me will be at least 1 - 2 hours. We will visit the area chosen for you and mined with instruction until we have mapped its borders and depths. From that point on for the 30 days i will be available for any assistance i can provide. Of course i cant be physically at everyones locations all the time but i will do my best to assist. This is reason for the fee. As i involve myself personally i am unable to mine for myself.

Q: Now if i have the ped for the first month, what happens if i dont have the 500 ped for the second month?

A: As stated above assistance will stop and you will be on your own.

Q: Can you guarantee that I make back at least 500ped by say the second month?

A: I would be lying if i said yes. Your returns are up to you following my instruction and mitigating loss with discipline and patience. There are too many factors i cannot account for e.g. you decide to use large amps on a day i suggest not to mine and you lose all your ped. You change areas thinking you can apply this strategy to anywhere and you find your losses become excessive. Remember i am choosing the areas for you based on your input but there is a time it takes to establish a pattern.

hypnotica TRANCE blain
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    good luck with your service

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast