PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Marcus XeroX Cicero
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Well what I meant was when I follow what I learn obviously duh. However I understand that you can't control that.
    Do you have some disciples already at the moment?
    I for one am still considering the offer but I don't feel like risking 500ped and posibly not learning much new stuff.

Are you only able to make recomendations for Calypso or is the service valid for other planets too?

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    i have a few already signed up and sent me an email. What i teach works anywhere. I can understand why folks would be concerned with the outcome.. Its a risk for sure like anything in this game. If i were to get a full roster of people i would have to stop mining completely to focus on the students and their needs. im willing to do that because i believe its time to give back for a while.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Queen Sky Genesis
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    I think 500 peds a month is a bit steep just to be able to talk to someone. Especially if you're a noob at mining.

My advice would be to just go out mining with 500 ped, odds are you won't be doing much worse then paying 500 ped to someone and then going out mining.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I can understand that assumption. Im simply offering up how i mine and willing to show and talk about everything i know.. that includes locations of all minerals, depth to find them at and all those kinds of things. Ive got notebooks upon notebooks of data from years of mining. Im hoping it will help someone to move into a more efficient means of mining.

I want to believe
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Alexis Sky Greenstar
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK here are some of the questions i have received from interested players.

FAQ
    Q: You are asking for 500ped per month per 3 months. Now what happend if i just pay you 500 for first month?

A: When we start our first class payment will be made. You will have 30 days of involvement from me as much as i can apply to you personally. In game PMs, Emails, PCF PMs, any other agreed upon method. If after 30 days are up and you do not wish to continue with my assistance then simply do not pay and from then on you will be on your own. Should you want to return to me for assistance simply contact me and we will pick up from where we left off.

Q: Also will the classes will be with a group of 25 people or one on one?

A: All interaction will be 1 on 1, No one else will know anything i tell you nor will i ever share any info on locations scouted for you or minerals found. Returns and tracking info will never be shared with any other participants.

Q: How many hours a day?

A: Your first session in person with me will be at least 1 - 2 hours. We will visit the area chosen for you and mined with instruction until we have mapped its borders and depths. From that point on for the 30 days i will be available for any assistance i can provide. Of course i cant be physically at everyones locations all the time but i will do my best to assist. This is reason for the fee. As i involve myself personally i am unable to mine for myself.

Q: Now if i have the ped for the first month, what happens if i dont have the 500 ped for the second month?

A: As stated above assistance will stop and you will be on your own.

Q: Can you guarantee that I make back at least 500ped by say the second month?

A: I would be lying if i said yes. Your returns are up to you following my instruction and mitigating loss with discipline and patience. There are too many factors i cannot account for e.g. you decide to use large amps on a day i suggest not to mine and you lose all your ped. You change areas thinking you can apply this strategy to anywhere and you find your losses become excessive. Remember i am choosing the areas for you based on your input but there is a time it takes to establish a pattern.
    Interesting..

"mapped its borders and depths." - A quick thought, noobs won't have the tools, skills or finances to map all the depths.

"Remember i am choosing the areas for you based on your input but there is a time it takes to establish a pattern." - By establish a pattern I assume you mean establish a mining path of coord x,y then x1,y1 etc ?

So it's basically how to make a map.. In order to construct the map with four depth levels, you will have to drop +-437 bombs / probes just to survey a squared km, that's too much of an investment for me. I do not know how many others have the cash for it..

Problem with a map is that once in a while it needs to be updated so be sure to slap down another 437 probes / bombs per square km

Another problem is that of timing, one person cannot be at multiple places at the same time, we don't even know what the spawn / depletion timers are.

It's brute force, ie testing every single combination of coordinates until you find ones that work. The same stuff SMC used to uncover the mining veins in the beginning of the game's life cycle . Everyone knows how well that turned out when the coordinates were leaked.

With all this being said, there may not be another way to do it, except that what I would do is bring friends Split up the work, create a faster map.

Any chance of there being a group package deal Winds ?
    Last edited by R4tt3xx; 03-01-2011 at 13:36.
    We pay for each other's good fortune, Mindark just supplies the platform and siphons off of us to keep the lights on.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Steve Stevie Vai
    Society
    Dark Knights - Squires
    Images
    can't really call it "giving back" if you're charging for your services. jus' sayin'

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I am giving back. I am essentially offering all i know to anyone, something i dont think many would do. I have to charge. I cant imagine any service in real world or fantasy where providing assistance at this level would not have a fee associated with it. I hope that the feedback from those that actually join my classes creates a stir in the community where more people would feel the need to join or go off and help others. Without a working Mentoring system in place its very hard to do these sorts of things. Even in the mentoring system a reward was offered, sometimes of great value for the time spent helping others.

Right now i have 5 people signed up for the class. Remember you dont have to spend 500 ped each month. You can do the first class and hopefully understand enough to apply for the rest of your time in game. If not i will be available to continue providing support if needed.

ONe could spend 500 ped on bombs and tools and run around dropping them until they are gone. The question is what will you know differently after that? Will you be discouraged enough to leave the game? Did you do well enough to keep going again and again? Did you make enough to withdraw from the game and keep going? Im hoping to help enough to get a fair amount of miners on a good path to independence and perhaps a model that could lead to some sort of business as we track results together.

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    I dont think you understood what i said in the first post.

Please dont come here to poke holes in this effort or me. But you are doing it. Honestly Ratt you are trying to diminish what i am doing with a sense of logic that is not needed. I make 10-15k a month in profit alone just dropping bombs. No fancy systems, no mathmatical gimmickery, Just years of experience. Can i teach this to others? yes! Someone with more liquid cash, more hours in the day could probably double or triple those returns but i do this as a hobby and withdraw ped to have fun with my wife and kids. Its a nice supplemental income.

Again im sure its racking your brain trying to figure out how i am doing it. I dont need a brute force approach, i dont need models or OCR programs. Just some good timing and common sense and experience.

No group rates... i posted what its about. You can try doing the same thing as well Ratt noone is stopping you.

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Daniel Fredy Olafson
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    i understand you are a experienced miner , but this thread should have not been created on noobs corner but on service section since you are trying in fact to sell something . here is the link http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...hp?44-Services
    and yes, i know this section has more visibility , but still wrong section .

... and still you are not giving back , but selling something and talk like a seller . you say no service IRL of high level is free . correct, but they are not : " giving back " either , but selling something .
    good luck with your service !
    Last edited by Fredy Olafson; 03-01-2011 at 20:44.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Mandred Maverick Torgridson
    Society
    German White Angels
    Images
    Sweet profits per month...
    Since it seems that you track alot, i'd like to know your rough % TT-Return.
    Mine is at 82% for a year now which prevents me from those profits ^^

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast