Do we need a Mindark-Forum?

MarcusLucius

Prowler
Society
Freelancer
Marcus Luma Lucius
reading through the latest posts in this thread: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...te-Stamina-Bug-Exploit-More-stupidity-from-MA

i saw a reply from hanne:
Im really confused what point you're trying to make here. Draw the line about what? About what bugs we can "allow" on other planets that we haven't developed?

We, "SDS", are not responsible for this bug nor is it on our planet. But of course we care about what effect it makes on our users! However it is not our responsibility or our task to actually fix this bug as it is not ours. Our QA have nothing to do with it. It is up to the directly involved PP and MindArk.

which made me think ...
1) how will MA now keep us up to date (if you can say so :tongue2: ) with basic infos about whats goin on ?
2) how will MA keep us up to date about recent glitches/bugs/whatever with RT missions?

you get the idea.
so do we need a MA forum? or do we have to register on every planets forum and check form anomalies that could interfere our gameplay/economie on calypso? :eyecrazy:

People should stop dreaming about MA and SDS. Just plain that.

yes, but i dont see it happening. FPC purchased the forum only once seperated from MA. its good for them, MA, this way, the partners deal with all the flak. hell, they dont even offer support direct, it has to go through the partner for first line.

ehm? :scratch2: what?

What makes you believe that MA would ever answer? This has been told so many times...

yes, but i dont see it happening. FPC purchased the forum only once seperated from MA. its good for them, MA, this way, the partners deal with all the flak. hell, they dont even offer support direct, it has to go through the partner for first line.

Ditto.

Why do you need MA forum?! Do you think there will be single thread diferent from whining thread?!
It's not like we gona talk with MA or gratz them for the good VU.
All will be like "FU MA", "I QUIT", "I QUIT AGAIN", "I QUIT after this hunt", "Bring back beacons", "Bring back taming" and lets not forget "Loot sucks" thread. And thats all what is going to be posted on that forum :laugh:

Why do you need MA forum?! Do you think there will be single thread diferent from whining thread?!
It's not like we gona talk with MA or gratz them for the good VU.
All will be like "FU MA", "I QUIT", "I QUIT AGAIN", "I QUIT after this hunt", "Bring back beacons", "Bring back taming" and lets not forget "Loot sucks" thread. And thats all what is going to be posted on that forum :laugh:

So? It would be therapeutical and keep this forum clean from MA related things. Sounds good to me. :)

What makes you believe that MA would ever answer? This has been told so many times...

im aware of that and i dont expect any (true) answers at all. i just wanna figure out: what is the channel where we can a) adress things to/ b) gather info from ma.
and no, i dont think the supportsystem is the right channel for b) :girl:

Also such a forum would be perfect for MA to prove how great or worthless they are and if they deserve that people pay for playing their game. :D

I don't think a forum would be the best format but we certainly need a direct line of communication to and from MA.

This is the same R-L problems that we have in sweden today .

A company breaks up in diff small divisions , then they just shove your complaints or whatever to the other div,
Then they all clean their hands from any responsabilitys ,
then they all start to compete against eachother making the customer suffer in the long term
( as N-D. R-T buggs or a opportunity ? )

Look at our recent mess with the Trains regarding the winters snow and maintanance in sweden and u will se the problems we are seeing here,

And its just the beginning of them :wise:

Last edited:
I don't think a forum would be the best format but we certainly need a direct line of communication to and from MA.

like a redphone :laugh: ?
yea im with you here oleg - tho im not sure it will change the behaviour, but having such i direct line to MA would give us the feeling they care :silly2:

He meant that they are stilll same ppl in same office..lol
ah ok, now i get the meaning of his post ... well, they are 2 different business units oder companies or whatsoever

To be honest, i don't want to be on the janitors forum, it's like to talk with the supervisors not random temp employees.

Who cares what FPC, SSD, SDS, DSS, Michael Jackson and on and on think/want/do ?

To be honest, i don't want to be on the janitors forum, it's like to talk with the supervisors not random temp employees.

Who cares what FPC, SSD, SDS, DSS, Michael Jackson and on and on think/want/do ?

i care :girl:

Bugs on another planet should be reported/complained about on that planets forum.

Discussion of the effect on the universe as a whole should be ok here though.

If MA wanted a forum they would already have one...

I think with planet partners and recent moves MA wants to distance itself further from any issues that would arise in a forum of their own. The man behind the curtain is now closing the shutters as well and that`s just the way they like it. All us participants were too much trouble anyhow.

Developers blog would be interesting.. Not something Hanne posts or twitter messages about possible downtimes, but someone from MA dev team posting a little bit on daily basis.

Developers blog would be interesting.. Not something Hanne posts or twitter messages about possible downtimes, but someone from MA dev team posting a little bit on daily basis.

nice idea, so mebe 1% of the 20% new coder could keep us informed ? :wtg:

You can have thousands ways to communicate. However if the other side doesn't listen/read/care it doesn't matter.

And secondary, I think many oldtimers have hard times believing in a real separation of MA/FPC/SDS/WTF. Me personally just think those separations are just there for tax issues or something like that. It is most probable Marco goes out the door labeled "SDS" and walks over to the door "MindArk".

Bottomline is many oldtimers just don't believe anything they are told to be the truth. And that is something hard to overcome. Trust is something you earn and don't buy.

Back