Auction creation options/functionality

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
Hi, here are some improvements I'd very much like seen implemented to the current auction system:

• Allow the setting of PECs on SB. Additional bids would still respect the minimum bid increments. This would greatly help in auctioning items with lower MU and/or lower TT value.
  • Allow the setting of minimum bid increments. Minimum possible could remain at 1 PED and be in PED only intervals. Although for auctions with low TT value and high MU, being able to set some amount of PECs as minimum increment could be good, too. Maybe limit the minimum possible increment based on the item's TT value, to avoid having people setting up stupid auctions with 1 PEC minimum increment on them.
  • Add a checkbox in options menu or in auction itself to "Set X auction duration as standard" and "Enable buyout possibility as standard". When creating several auctions in a row it is common to forget to set it for more than one day, or allowing it to have BO. Having an option to set those as standard could avoid a lot of trouble.
I believe all the above would increase auction usage, which would only be positive for MA or whoever those fees go to, as a whole LOT of stuff gets sold on the streets because the auction system doesn't currently allow them to be listed at a reasonable price, due to being forced to set round PED values to all auctions.

As for the fear of auctions being flooded with lots of tiny auctions, well, the "new" auction fee system took care of that years ago when it was changed, so I don't see a reason to not allow the above now. Besides, the auction fee was changed to stop flooding of rip-off attempts, rather than small auctions. I don't see why having lots of smaller auctions wouldn't benefit the economy itself, by making it more flexible.

Absolutely! I agree with all of these, but particularly the first two. I thought many times to myself that it's very strange that those features don't already exist. When dealing with relatively low TT value items especially, not being able to adjust values in pecs really hurts because a one ped increase/decrease can result in a huge change in percentages. This change often makes using using the auction simply not feasible for many items for which it would be if adjusting by pecs were possible.

The second point ties right into the first. If the current markup for some item is 120% and I see one on the auction currently sitting at 110%, I may want to bid on it. But when I see that my bid of one ped higher changes the markup to 130%, I say forget it. If everyone does the same, the item sells for less than the current market value would suggest it should, and interested buyers aren't able to bid, say, 112% on it. So, everyone loses.

It's supposed to be that way. Want more functionality on the pec level? Buy a shop.

The above sound like stuff that would only help resellers scam folks that are not paying attention more then they already do on the auction.... and would make it easier to manipulate pricing on stackable stuff and low tt value stuff... which is bad news.

of course, the
When creating several auctions in a row it is common to forget to set it for more than one day, or allowing it to have BO. Having an option to set those as standard could avoid a lot of trouble.
does sound nice.

Last edited:
Back