New Idea for Navigating

TheMB

Hatchling
Hey guys, I thought of a good idea. I hope someone from MA reads this and can make it happen.

You know how you can type /pos in the chat to have a waypoint position show up on the map?

Well, i was thinking...

That would be awesome if there was a way of pulling up a menu on the map, type in the coordinates, then one of those waypoints will show up on the map.

It would be so much easier to navigate.

What you guys think?

What he said. /\

Would be easier to get the avatar to exact coordinates down to the centimeter level, which is important for *mumble*mumble* (edited)

Hey guys, I thought of a good idea. I hope someone from MA reads this and can make it happen.

You know how you can type /pos in the chat to have a waypoint position show up on the map?

Well, i was thinking...

That would be awesome if there was a way of pulling up a menu on the map, type in the coordinates, then one of those waypoints will show up on the map.

It would be so much easier to navigate.

What you guys think?

Thats a nice idea but if i remember we had one of those ideas earlier :)
Well tbh i believe tp-jumping is nice and its kind of a sport to jump at the wrong coords so u jump into a huge spawn :D

It could be ok but you would be able to jump back to the mob that got ya very accurately and that wouldnt require any skill. There have been a lot of helpful additions over the years I mean cars and the sleipnir make it all very easy for people and I dont think they realise. Improvements on new chips at higher cost maybe better :scratch2:

It would simply be an easier way to navigate, but I don't know. Maybe that would defeat the purpose of the TP's.

If we're speaking about noobs that want to enjoy the game more, with a low to none budget, this could help because Sleipnirs and such cost Alot of ped to a noob, or average player. And unless you actually enjoy jumping into a large pack of mobs, who chew the hell out of you, it's not very fun.

I'd say, like other soc mates of mine have said, "It's a rough road for new players, which sucks because until they can build skill and make ped, it's very unenjoyable for a new player, and it pushes them away from the game. Players who get help from other players, or pay alot of money for everything can play the game easier and will be more enjoyable".

Which I agree with because I was recently a noob, and it's rough from the start.

I'm sorry, that last post I was in the wrong mind set.

What i'm talking about is not TPing or using a chip to jump to a location, but to pinpoint a specific location with a waypoint that can be inputted by the user by entering coordinates. This would guide the player just like any other waypoint. Exactly the same way as /pos does, but instead of sending a link with your current location, input specific coordinates (i.e. a mission broker's location) and it will show up on the map to guide the player.

I was thinking.. when someone does /pos and you click on it, it shows a waypoint at their current location. If you get there and want to get the waypoint off, without going directly through it, you right click then click "Remove waypoint"....this would be the same concept in how my idea of inputting coords would be. Right click the map, and press "Enter Coords" or something like that.

"pinpoint a specific location with a waypoint that can be inputted by the user by entering coordinates"

I much like this idea also but it would make things very much easier for the avatar. Many would say that great thats what we want but vehicles have made the game massively easier for players today. There would be a real advantage to all players by introducing this kind of chip of course teh chance of you tp ing on top of wrong mob etc an dteh regen of the mob by comparison not so fast because you got back to it sooner may be advantageous to us. There is a problem i think. Someone without armor say on warlocks could just keep tp back to a very precise point, no repair costs as no armor. Im not sure sucha chip would be introduced for this kind of reason.

I'm sorry, that last post I was in the wrong mind set.

What i'm talking about is not TPing or using a chip to jump to a location, but to pinpoint a specific location with a waypoint that can be inputted by the user by entering coordinates. This would guide the player just like any other waypoint. Exactly the same way as /pos does, but instead of sending a link with your current location, input specific coordinates (i.e. a mission broker's location) and it will show up on the map to guide the player.

I was thinking.. when someone does /pos and you click on it, it shows a waypoint at their current location. If you get there and want to get the waypoint off, without going directly through it, you right click then click "Remove waypoint"....this would be the same concept in how my idea of inputting coords would be. Right click the map, and press "Enter Coords" or something like that.

Back