• NO

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters

ancientrd

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Death Ancient Reborn
I was thibnking to make a website in ASP for a loto system .
The idea is like the normal loto . You pick 6 numbers from 0-49 and if u hit them you win the main prize , if u hit 5 you win the second, if you hit 4 you win the third.
The price per ticket will be 1 ped.
If are 100 participants with 1 ticket means 100 ped pool. (i take 1 ped -1%-) the rest will be the priz pool means 99.
50% 1st place , 30% second , 20% third.
If are 2-3 or more that hit 4 numbers means that 3rd prize will be splitted to those 3.
If nobody find all 6 numbers the 1st prize will be reported to the second drawing pool. Like real life loto .
All the difference is you buy tickets with ped .
If you enjoy this i will start programming and make that site up and running. (Adding accounts and you will buy the tickets from there and choose the numbers. The ped you will give in the game (ex: we meet in twin and give me 3 ped -> means on your account you will have 3 credits to buy 3 tickets - i will add the credits manual so i can know wich charater have what account and can run this kind of loto ... since we won;t use real money ))
If it will be a success we could add items in the prize pool , maybe work on the event too .
I am open to ideas and sugestions.
Perhaps the 1st drawing i will put a guaranteed prize depending on the number of participants ... for example if there are 10 tickets sold the guaranteed prize is 100 ped - i will work on that too )
For the numbers that will be drawned will be used a totally random generator .
I will post the source code for evryone to be clear all is fairplay like real life .

Thank you for taking a look and sharing your opinion. Even is bad or good.

ok other sugestions : if will be loto the random will be something like : the minute of the 1st 6 ore globals from 20:00 MA time....

or make an trivia contest .... or sudoku ... and 1st 3 places be payd in ped and ticket to be 1 ped....
or other such games...maybe a lot of them not only one

Last edited:
MA does not allow it :silly2:

why not ? what it is wrong ?all happens on another platform , not inside the game.... the game is just used for handle the prizes or get tickets....
if will be a sudoku contest will be allowed ? other sites pays in peds for completing surveys.... what is wrong in this ?
becouse is not "dinamic" as they have the system ?? and is just random as math defines random ?:scratch2:

Even if it WAS legal to do this noone would buy even single ticket. Reason: even if you post code here there is no guarantee you are using the same code on the site/generator :laugh:.
Basicly you would need some kind of independent kind of random generator. Few people that host events with prizes use random permutation of some real life game (with rules of permutation explained before the drawing of numbers occur in real life).
Example of other good idea of independent generator of numbers (that is related to the game) is:
predicting the set of first 50 globals in minign/hunting/crafting in next 2 days at 20:00 MA time and using them in function (that is made public how it uses those 50 numbers) to generate other set of numbers ;).

As for making surveys for peds i think it is illegal too.

Falagor
:bandit:

Even if it WAS legal to do this noone would buy even single ticket. Reason: even if you post code here there is no guarantee you are using the same code on the site/generator :laugh:.
Basicly you would need some kind of independent kind of random generator. Few people that host events with prizes use random permutation of some real life game (with rules of permutation explained before the drawing of numbers occur in real life).
Example of other good idea of independent generator of numbers (that is related to the game) is:
predicting the set of first 50 globals in minign/hunting/crafting in next 2 days at 20:00 MA time and using them in function (that is made public how it uses those 50 numbers) to generate other set of numbers ;).

As for making surveys for peds i think it is illegal too.

Falagor

indeed good ideea : the numbers will be the minute of first 6 ore globals starting hour 20:00 MA time....
we can work on that too ..that's why i sayd i am open on sugestions . to make all transparent so ppl won't think is "dynamic" as eu.... and i choose the numbers that my soc mate got.

why not ? what it is wrong ?all happens on another platform , not inside the game.... the game is just used for handle the prizes or get tickets....
if will be a sudoku contest will be allowed ? other sites pays in peds for completing surveys.... what is wrong in this ?
becouse is not "dinamic" as they have the system ?? and is just random as math defines random ?:scratch2:

With Sudoku you need some skill to compete and increase your chance of winning but a lotto is pure gambling and therefore not allowed under the EULA/TOU.

If you do it completely outside the game that is fine (except for whatever laws there are in each country) but you cant advertise it in game or here on FPC's forum.

About 2-3 years ago, I actually hired a marketing manager, and a lawyer and created, and wrote a complete business proposal for such. Spent some good coin on a "lotto" system. Problem is over where Mindark resides, lotto is illegal. Could pull it off in ANY other country, with proper channels and appropriate steps taken, alas no dice here.
:(

With Sudoku you need some skill to compete and increase your chance of winning but a lotto is pure gambling and therefore not allowed under the EULA/TOU.

If you do it completely outside the game that is fine (except for whatever laws there are in each country) but you cant advertise it in game or here on FPC's forum.

so there is no posibility to make a contest of this kind ? even use something like trivia ? and best scored get a prize ? and to enter pay a price ? -> but all be in ped so not to affect the rl rules ?

so there is no posibility to make a contest of this kind ? even use something like trivia ? and best scored get a prize ? and to enter pay a price ? -> but all be in ped so not to affect the rl rules ?

From the Terms of Use:
8. MindArk’s Rules of Conduct ...
n. Gambling activities are expressly forbidden in the Entropia Universe.

A trivia contest may be possible, lotto certainly is not. If you are unsure if an activity is permitted, I suggest that you lodge a support case, and seek MindArk's policy on whatever you propose.

Gotta love the Romanians... Always looking for an angle :) :smoke:

back when kindrah (and later me) ran a trivia night, she made it free to enter and with the "possibility of" a (donation supported) prize...

we hosted for free

we were careful with the wording of the prize pool so as not to make it like gambling...
_________

Would it have been unethical if we asked for tips? probably not... and we might have gotten some (though it was not why we did it)

best advice would be to make a free, fun event and see what happens...

I am not breaking the EULA . I am not having gambling activity inside the game .
Is that wrong that some ppl come to me and give me 1 ped ?!?!?!?! and some of them get 10 or more back ??!?!?!
where is the eula broke in this ? i am not moving in the game .... not advertising there ..... not playing roulete inside twin ... or slots with crafting amps ? ...... wich is totally dinamic as the loot pool :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i just accept donations and give donations ... is that right ? :) no rules breake rl or eu .....
the rules of accepting donations or donate to other will be found on a certain site ... what is wrong ? :scratch2:
Nothing !:wise:

Agree that the trivia or suduko competition would probably be allowed, but then you are away from an open, verifiable contest. Too easy to "fix" one of those types of events by giving out answers to friends before hand. Not saying you would do that, but don't think too many will pay an entry fee to enter such a contest. Think you'd have to have a pretty solid in-game rep before you could attempt something like that...and then would still be tough. Go with what Lilac said and make it a free event and then once it's established, maybe you could try to solicit prizes from various service providers in game in exchange for "advertisement".

I am not breaking the EULA . I am not having gambling activity inside the game .
Is that wrong that some ppl come to me and give me 1 ped ?!?!?!?! and some of them get 10 or more back ??!?!?!
where is the eula broke in this ? i am not moving in the game .... not advertising there ..... not playing roulete inside twin ... or slots with crafting amps ? ...... wich is totally dinamic as the loot pool :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i just accept donations and give donations ... is that right ? :) no rules breake rl or eu .....
the rules of accepting donations or donate to other will be found on a certain site ... what is wrong ? :scratch2:

If you are collecting/paying out the funds for some kind of lotto contest in game, then you ARE gambling in EU. It doesn't matter that you use another web site to track it, it's where the funds are transferred that matters. I'm pretty sure it will be grounds for losing your account, as well as those who participate in your "event". And you are going to have to advertise your event, and don't see how that will be in any other place than in game and/or in this forum....again, not allowed. Give it a rest mate.

Last edited:

Tip for you how "not to" pay taxes in rl ;). Go to the store -> leave money on the ground -> take bread -> go out. Shopkeeper picks up the money -> no sale made so noone has to pay taxes here ;). Try to excuse (As shopkeeper) from not paying the taxes in front of court on this one :laugh:. I am sorry but in any capitalistic, democratic coutnry a barter trade will not work.

Probelm in your activity is that you are exchanging ped for real life item (1ped = 1 ticket in real life if you consider the gambling is made outside of the game). So basicly you extract peds in this moment in other way than withdrawal process. This means breakign the EULA. Also putting it back as "donation" is oposite direction - also breakign the EULA. So basicly any participant and you would get a ban soon enough it was discovered.

Of course donating 1ped and ocasionally getting 10peds back as donation in game is nothign wrong but i think as long you are advertising whole process here then it is corelated with trading peds for real life items.

Falagor

Back