Entropia Universe 11.8.0 Release Notes

Questions!!!

So what does this mean in terms of Management Periods?

I see there are Land Areas up for grabs right now, so in 6 days 8h (for instance) there will be a LA up for Grabs...

Here's my questions;

How long does the battle last? Until main control room is seized? (That all depends on how quick you do this?) or is there a Time Limit?

How long do you get to Manage the LA after it has been claimed? (Is this a week, then it goes up for grabs again and you have to defend it?)

More clarification on this please!!!

10 percent decay and winner gets back that decay in the fort events. Awesome.

The HD resolution, 720p, or 1280x720 is now selectable in Options. Only applicable if Windows reports it as a screen resolution.

Finally :yay:

Does this refers to window mode, full screen mode or both?

It also seems that the Fort Events may not work in practice, because if one force is obviously outnumbered, they will simply give up, so there will be no loot to share, and the Event Creator will simply lose the creation fee. There will have to be a way of ensuring balance. The novelty of spending 75 Ped to set up an Event which might be over in 5 minutes will soon wear off.

good point...

please tell me that resoltuion is available in windowed mode!!

That would be so cool. I could finally see the windows task bar again :laugh:

Unfortunately I'm at work for a few more hours and can't yet check. :( I hope someone else can and also share the info with us.

i will not accept this as a replacement for beacons!:wise:
The wave events were the beacin replacements... and good thing too... Hunters paying crazy high markup to the miners for a hunting event like the beacins, which actually did not have a lot to do with mining at all was a bit nuts. Add on the fact you had to own a hanger I think, or pay a hanger owner... and that was just way too pricey for an event cost like beacins were (fairly sure miners and pilots might disagree though, lol)

Last edited:

Thanks for pic. :)

Note to MA: now we have coordinates in GUI, thanks! Only remains the MA time and we wont need to press H+P (or whatever keys are by default) before making screenshots... BTW, an integrated screesnhot feature would be so cool. (More screenshots on the net = more advertising.) ;)

OoOo sounds like Q3 Team Fortress with mix with land grab raid touch :cool:

Looks like PvP is enabled by default in LAs now. TI and other places also.

Back online when fixed.

Back online when fixed.

Ouch! Seems like I have to wait until I can go back to torch, freeze and electrocute Molisks again. Lucky them! ;)

Thanks for pic. :)

Note to MA: now we have coordinates in GUI, thanks! Only remains the MA time and we wont need to press H+P (or whatever keys are by default) before making screenshots... BTW, an integrated screesnhot feature would be so cool. (More screenshots on the net = more advertising.) ;)

and curent tax of the place you are...=it can not be so hard to display tax... and will make things way more easy and nice...

well at least they finally remade radar , and it looks great.

Another Bug - LA Markers show Taxes as 0.00 - though message info screens are correct.

And they fixed the Vehicle Max SI display, but they didn't fix the default Win Rule bug (still shows Most Votes) when creating an Event.

I can confirm this, and add that it seems impossible to turn it off at the moment. Tested at our OLA-27 (Shinook River). PvP is marked as disabled in the land marker settings, but it is actually on. Tried to click the setting on and then off, and then saving the settings. Then shot at a guy who offered himself as a test subject, he took damage.

Yours

/Gameeducation

The overview looks great; now we'll have to see how it works in more depth.

"The devil is in the detail"

I can confirm this, and add that it seems impossible to turn it off at the moment. Tested at our OLA-27 (Shinook River). PvP is marked as disabled in the land marker settings, but it is actually on. Tried to click the setting on and then off, and then saving the settings. Then shot at a guy who offered himself as a test subject, he took damage.

Yours

/Gameeducation

I hate to be always right. Said to my wife before that I bet this option will be bugged and could not turned off by LA owners. I am not surprised.... :banghead:

PvP is also enabled inside apartments on Amethera!:eyecrazy: Including my own at TI City.::mad:

People, calm down. It could be worse. It could be lootable PVP. :laugh:

People, calm down. It could be worse. It could be lootable PVP. :laugh:

As it is now people are already greifing people that are trying to leave places like Nea's using the TP.

Since this is a bug I hope some of the people killing people just trying to leave get banned.
:dodge::rocket:

Known issues have been added to the Version Update notes:
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Known Issues[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]All Amethera is currently a PvP zone. We are working on solving this issue.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Radar disappears. You can fix this by resetting your settings: click L (default button) and then click the Reset Default Action Settings button.[/FONT]
Adding this to Berthas Post.

The wave events were the beacin replacements... and good thing too... Hunters paying crazy high markup to the miners for a hunting event like the beacins, which actually did not have a lot to do with mining at all was a bit nuts. Add on the fact you had to own a hanger I think, or pay a hanger owner... and that was just way too pricey for an event cost like beacins were (fairly sure miners and pilots might disagree though, lol)

It did have a lot to do with mining as the finder is what picks up the strange signal of the spaceship that you then follow the direction of the signal to find the spaceship, kill the drones guarding it and loot a beacon hopefully. No idea where you got the "need a hanger owner" from, all you needed was a beacon and some mates and away you go.

ohhh the memories :)

As someone earlier asked, is the skillgain just 10 % as well ?

were you ever on a beacon?

you did not have to pay a hangar owner anything...you just had to bring the beacon to the position it indicated and activate it there, then the bots sent a ship for you which took you to the beacon instance :)

IMHO it was always well worth the cost, beacons were awesome fun

Back