Landgrab: Phase 1 Information

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Landgrab on Planet Calypso will go through its first phase today, after the SDS Fort Events have been concluded. More info about our events here [link]

Landgrab will start today, 9th of March at 18:30 UTC. The following four landareas will be released in this phase:

• LA 2
  • LA 8
  • LA 9
  • LA 15
Four more landgrab-areas will be released this coming weekend.

To answer a couple of questions that has been raised about the new landgrab:

• How does a Society claim a fort the first time?
The first round, the fort is NOT involved. You just take and hold the Claim Marker and hold it for 1 hour.

In subsequent rounds, you first have to destroy the Main Control Room to release the Claim Marker. But not for the first.

• Does the 10% Decay and Ammo go for Landgrab as well?
No, the discount only goes for the Forts connected to the event system, not landgrab itself.
For more information about the rules, please read MindArk’s Version Update notes here. [link]
!

Originally Posted Here

Edit: Updated after additional information from MindArk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying: Tier10 Felis, Tier 10 Shildek Gak, Tier10 Infiltrator @ Forums.

Wow nice :) So they save everything till the last minute,Lie about not knowing anything of upcoming land grab, and then publish the release days after, were only the active socs stand a chance without preperation :) nice move MA :):lolup:
Looks like this could be an interesting and fun event.

Sounds like it will be all over, before I even get home from work... And I was looking forward to getting pk'd multiple times.... Oh well, hopefully someone will post the play by play on the forum....

Sounds like it will be all over, before I even get home from work... And I was looking forward to getting pk'd multiple times.... Oh well, hopefully someone will post the play by play on the forum....

Four of the LA's won't be released until this weekend though. :)

Pew Pew!

Just got a correction from MindArk: the first time you run a Land Grab on an area, the Fort is not part of the event. Instead, you immediately start with Marker Battle.

Just got a correction from MindArk: the first time you run a Land Grab on an area, the Fort is not part of the event. Instead, you immediately start with Marker Battle.

So the first event is an oldskool marker battle? Then the next time around it uses the fort?

Question: will DNA settings on the LG landareas be fixed or will societies be able to alter maturity and density settings? (or even to remove DNA and insert new one?)

Question: will DNA settings on the LG landareas be fixed or will societies be able to alter maturity and density settings? (or even to remove DNA and insert new one?)

Also does anyone know if the mobs have been changed or are they the same ones they were before?

This is how they were before:

LA-2: Thorifoid
LA-8: Fungoid & Bristlehog
LA-9: Cersumon & Trilomite (not sure about Trilos, they may have gone)
LA-15: Armax & Daikiba (not sure about Daikiba)

So JWT can't even be arsed to communicate with his business partners? Is this some kind of sick joke?

I'm not a pker but I'd like to ask a question. Are you guys really going to spend 1000's peds to get an LA for 1 week?

I'm not a pker but I'd like to ask a question. Are you guys really going to spend 1000's peds to get an LA for 1 week?

Should be a monthly event at least :)

No, ill try to have some fun... If i get an LA for a week then its great.

Spending thousands of peds to get 3-500ped whithout having fun would be stupidity

The ROI seems bad on this, I think it was meant to be for fun more than anything?

Or the winner could:

Set the hunting tax to 10% for next weeks LG and mob train everyone to death at the next shoot out.

Or :

The alliance could just reform and hold the land forever. People would get tired of attacking them after a few weeks.

Should be a monthly event at least :)

A good idea IMO would be for the amount of time the LA is held is proportional to the amount of ammo used by the winning team.

xxx.xx amount of ammo = xxx amount of days.

More peds invested should mean longer time to own the deed.:twocents:

Also does anyone know if the mobs have been changed or are they the same ones they were before?

This is how they were before:

LA-2: Thorifoid
LA-8: Fungoid & Bristlehog
LA-9: Cersumon & Trilomite (not sure about Trilos, they may have gone)
LA-15: Armax & Daikiba (not sure about Daikiba)

Mobs seems to be changed, at least at LA-12. Yeah it is not on your list, but looks like it is one of the next that will be released.
It has also a fort now and the mob has changed from Mermoth to Formidon.

I think I saw kingfishers at LA-15 :scratch2:

Wow nice :) So they save everything till the last minute,Lie about not knowing anything of upcoming land grab, and then publish the release days after, were only the active socs stand a chance without preperation :) nice move MA :)

yes, its a good approach. after all, why should they support those that simply turn up for LG then disappear for another 6 months? ;)

though with a week long ownership, im not sure many will bother once the novelty wears off. or a great big alliance just locks down the process and MA pull it.

The change in how to do LG now just mean that the good soc now can have the LA for ever instead of only 8-9 month - i dont think any small soc will use the peds need to throug the other soc out.

I just wish they would try - they have spoken about it so long - now go remove those winner socs next week

probably not that amount of spend, more like buy the kit and use it over several months for several LGs. Half of them have most of the kit anyways (and the credit card repayments to match) There's the ammo and decay defending and attacking of course, but some recent LGs have been basically uncontested or agreed in advance. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, there's sheetloads of fun shooting Tax Collectors and the like at the Fort Noob area.
Fun Fun Fun while the ubers play in their sandpits and we in ours :)

To SDS coders and designers: nice work on the fort areas, credit where credit is due :)
wow - did I really say that?

Not sure about the longterm business strategy FPC are trying with this LG re-hash, but it sure keeps the tough guys away while the kids play pretend CTF.

A good idea IMO would be for the amount of time the LA is held is proportional to the amount of ammo used by the winning team.

xxx.xx amount of ammo = xxx amount of days.

More peds invested should mean longer time to own the deed.:twocents:

Very good idea at first thought BUT easily exploitable by shooting constantly into the air (if pure ammo-burn count) or shooting and endless stream of reviving noobs or vehicles or the fort damage itself (if attacking then winning - if PVP damage is counted).

Maybe it could be a dice-roll psueado-randomised "looted lease" from 2 weeks to 3 month when area is won?

Any other (non exploitable) ideas? If they start to take notice and use our feedback we could refine it quite nicely :laugh: yeah yeah from past experience it's unlikely I know, but we can dream can't we?

I had a quick scout around today's areas to see what mobs there are.

LA-2: Thorifoid, Exarosaur, Hiryuu, Bristlehog - hands up who wants to hunt that?
LA-8: Atrox, Gradivore, Allophyl - ridiculous mix, change this please (though as the area is currently set at 10% tax I doubt anyone will go there anyway :laugh:)
LA-9: Cersumon
LA-15: Kingfisher

You really need to sort out the mobs in these landgrab LAs. Make it one LA, one mob, and don't fil them with crap we can find elsewhere.

While you're at it you can take the opportunity to give us some spawns of creatures that are otherwise almost impossible to hunt - Caperon and Mourner spring to mind.

You really need to sort out the mobs in these landgrab LAs. Make it one LA, one mob, and don't fil them with crap we can find elsewhere.

While you're at it you can take the opportunity to give us some spawns of creatures that are otherwise almost impossible to hunt - Caperon and Mourner spring to mind.
just win the LA and you can do all that. ;)

I just went to some of these lands and found the marker/fort but can't see to find the fertilizer terminal. Anybody care to direct me to it?

I just went to some of these lands and found the marker/fort but can't see to find the fertilizer terminal. Anybody care to direct me to it?

the usual trick is to go to near the marker, then head towards the centre of the LA on the map and get killed by a mob. The revive is usually near the sh1t farm, don't know if they've changed it, maybe it's in the fort now? I didnt look to see if there were management terminals last nite when i got killed, sorry

There's a map inside forts (well, at the tukar forts there is) in the glass room with the multiple PPTPs (point-point teleporter pads, not the unusual Microsoft VPN protocol)

Last edited:
just win the LA and you can do all that. ;)

unfortunately, no sane person is going to install and rare or expensive DNA at a LA they have won for only 2 weeks, with no guarantee they can hold it. These LG's are forever doomed to crappy free-spawn mobs I fear, not good ones.
Only the fertilizer and spawn levels are worth changing.

I agree with the 1 LA, one mob-type statement. I don't bother to visit mixed LAs, not because I worry about "extra decay" (I've just been to CP lol), but just because it's a damn pain to have a bristlehog chew you while you're trying to concentrate on a spider

So, who won? :scratch2:

So, who won? :scratch2:

UU, BAHQ, AoW and CCCP (Land owners can be viewed in the event list under landgrab at the top left)

suprised?

UU, BAHQ, AoW and CCCP (Land owners can be viewed in the event list under landgrab at the top left)

suprised?
No, I was just curious and can't log in-game until later today.

Thanks for the answer :)

Gratz to the winning socs!

Back