Account Blocked ... Im crying...

...okay, so let me get this straight:

1) MJ hunted Warlocks by using the VTOL method.
(Okay, fair enough this can be an easy mistake to make. MA has not annouced this officially as an exploit nor fixed it, and I suppose one could have missed Optimas thread with the answer from support. So I could put this down to a simple oversight.)
2) MJ was then told by Manique that by that using the VTOL in this way was an exploit, and that MJ should be careful because this could result in a lock.
(Now aware of the exploit. If you are an avatar who "spend 6 years of my life playiing average 4 hours day investing all my real money in the game", wouldn't you stop since you're aware you're risking a lock?)
3) The VTOL hunting continues as aparently seen by Maniques friend, and warned again. Even though MJs now aware its an exploit, s/he still continues.
4) The Warlock 09 HOF occurs, and a screenshot/thread is posted on PCF.
(The screenshot... speaks for itself really. Hunting Warlocks naked, taking no damage, trying to equip weapons in a vehicle?)
5) Accusations fly, and MJ denies s/he was doing it, despite being seen by other avatars and the fact the screenshot is pretty obvious what was going on. ( :duh: ) People report to Mindark.
6) After all that denial, eventually an apology thread is posted saying sorry for the exploit.
7) This thread appears, where MJ seems surprised s/hes been locked, and still claims to not know if its an exploit. :rolleyes:

Yep :yup: I think that sums it up :thumbup:

(Okay, fair enough this can be an easy mistake to make. MA has not annouced this officially as an exploit nor fixed it, and I suppose one could have missed Optimas thread with the answer from support. So I could put this down to a simple oversight.)
2) MJ was then told by Manique that by that using the VTOL in this way was an exploit, and that MJ should be careful because this could result in a lock.
(Now aware of the exploit. If you are an avatar who "spend 6 years of my life playiing average 4 hours day investing all my real money in the game", wouldn't you stop since you're aware you're risking a lock?)
3) The VTOL hunting continues as aparently seen by Maniques friend, and warned again. Even though MJs now aware its an exploit, s/he still continues.
(The screenshot... speaks for itself really. Hunting Warlocks naked, taking no damage, trying to equip weapons in a vehicle?)
5) Accusations fly, and MJ denies s/he was doing it, despite being seen by other avatars and the fact the screenshot is pretty obvious what was going on. ( :duh: ) People report to Mindark.
6) After all that denial, eventually an apology thread is posted saying sorry for the exploit.
7) This thread appears, where MJ seems surprised s/hes been locked, and still claims to not know if its an exploit. :rolleyes:

Ohh well I wasn't aware that there was warnings and such that was given saying its an exploit. Well then, that puts an new eye on things.

At first I was like: "good for you, you deserve it"

Then I was like: "well everyone makes mistakes and u have invested a lot, let it be a lesson and let them unlock you in a week"

After reading THIS:

Sonea View Post said:
It would better if MA meditate on how to release content without bugs instead. Its stupid to create the trap and then punish those who have felt in.

Thats why i feel so down :confused:

and

I still dont know is a exploit our a future ...
Dont say what i dont say...

I say, F you, and hope u never get unlocked which I'm sure u will. I just cant believe that u have the guts to act so F-in innocent and that everything is MA's fault. Jesus, I sure am sorry for your kid being raised by an arrogant person like yourself.

Yes people, MA have ignored many other people that should be locked, MA have made mistakes, but the way MJ is acting is disgusting, to say the least...

Anyways GL, see you back in game on monday...
TJ:bandit:

P.S. Sorry, things like this make me sad&mad

Yep :yup: I think that sums it up :thumbup:

Last replay ...
I know what is a exploit but i was not sure about if this was.
Threads in forum not saying nothing about this and i saw loots people doing same even worst tactis...
I spend 70 peds +- to kill warlock 09 i got ESI some people spend 3/4 peds in feffoid guard and get same...

I decide be off for a while ....

Good luck Entropians

The truth here is when MA receives many support cases upon one individual they suspend the account for further investigation. This lock would be like someone having lots of agility and running faster than a mob. When i had a certain amount of agility 4 years ago, i hunted globsters naked and got many hofs. And that wasint exploiting. Anyways we will see what happens with poor mj.

First off just for the record I have never had any interaction with the OP and have no vested interest here but this is just become a complete beat up and a farce.

To those that sent in support cases against the OP I hope you have a good hard look in the mirror.

• How many of you used your VTOL's to complete the Silo missions in the crater?
I did.

• How many of you have used your VTOL to go afk whilst in a spawn area?
I have.

• How many of you have used your VTOL escape a mob train or wait till it passed?
I have.

• How many of you have used your VTOL to move away from an unwanted re-spawn so you could tag out the mob you were working on?
Actually I haven't done this one yet but I'm sure I will.

• How many of you have used this method to drag mobs off your mining claims?
I haven't done this yet but I will if I need to.

• How many of you used your VTOL during Merry Mayhem last year when you got swamped or your main hunter died or relogged?
I did.

I think an overwhelming amount of VTOL owners have done one or all of the above.I'm not going to suggest a % but my guess it would be an extremely high majority.

And if so you have all taken advantage of the fact that a mob will not attack whilst you are in your VTOL and are all guilty of exploiting so I hope you all sent in a support case asking for your own account to be locked as well.

There is no hiding in a 'perceived' grey area here,If you have at any stage used your VTOL to escape an attacking mob you have used an 'exploit'.I'm using the word exploit here because that what everyone wants to call it even though I do not see it as one but truth be told I don't see trapping as an exploit either.

That doesn't mean I think its good for the economy but if the game engine allows it then its a feature,If it truly was an exploit then it would be disabled.
The auction was disabled whilst the 101 exploit was fixed-pretty damn quickly too-the RT missions are disabled till they are fixed-again pretty damn quickly,etc.
Now after over 3 months MA want to start banning people for it without so much as a public "you must not do this"?
Thats just bullshit imo.

Support correspondence is a private matter between a user and MA and no matter how many times someone wants to post such correspondence in this forum it does not constitute an official announcement and everyone here is perfectly within their rights to ignore it.

As for those saying the OP deserves a ban for lying to the community or acting like a dumbass well I'm sorry but I cant find either of those things listed in TOU as a ban-able offence and if it were a large portion of this forum would be locked permanently.

So again I'll say to all those holier-then-thou VTOL owners take a good look in the mirror and be honest when you ask yourself are you really as innocent and clean as you'd like to believe and should you really be throwing stones or what is your real motivation.

Last edited:
sigh all this VTOL discussing again... so far we don't even have proof this IS actualy about VTOL! MJ might have done just about ANYTHING to get banned... the VTOL is just ONE option. I realize that it seems odd that he was banned for something else whilst he posted about killing a warlock with VTOL but it still is a valid option untill support wrote it's all about VTOL.

Have I interpreted all this wrong, or is that an accurate summary? If it is, I have absolutely no sympathy. Sorry, it's nothing personal. The fact of the matter is, if you're warned something is wrong and then continue to do it anyway, you deserve what you get. Just because others do it doesn't make it right. Someone had to be made an example of eventually, and you got the winning ticket in the exploit lottery. I have to agree with Trucidator's and Charlie Glooms posts. They pretty much sum things up well.

Rule of thumb I've always gone by in EU is "If its too good to be true, its probably a bug or exploit", then ask support or check the forums for clarification. Like when the Rocktropia missions were handing out attributes left and right, it all seemed to easy. Hence I waited to go up there, and checked here to see what was said about it. Why risk your account?

Though personally I think you did take the piss a bit with the blatant lying. It certainly didn't do you any favours, and even though you were still in the wrong, the least you could have done was admit you were VTOL hunting straight off. Sure the result of you being temp-banned would have been the same, but at least you'd come off with a degree of honesty.

Whos is to blame? MindArk for not explicitly stating this is an exploit - I suggest a news post here in the forum, or an e-mail to all participants like dj mentioned. MJ as well, purely because s/he was warned by other participants that it was an exploit, but decided to continue doing it. Don't cry, take it on the chin and learn from the experience. I'm guessing this account lock is only temporary, sort of a first warning slap on the wrist. Don't think you deserve a perma-ban, but hopefully you and others can learn from this. ;)

(For the record, yes I own a VTOL, no I don't hunt using it)

ps: Sorry for the long-ass post!

To play the devil's advocate, other players telling you something is wrong is not the same as MA telling everyone its wrong.

Even though there was a copy and pasted support case from support on the forum, something like this should be officially stated and not up to the players to police.

Consider this,

When harbringers where in twin, you could fire rockets at them from behind a wall or from on top of buildings.

I asked support and they said:
This is taking advantage of an exploit and no, it is not allowed.

I also asked them if your team mate stands in front of a mob to block it, is it an exploit, they said:
We are aware of that the AI of the animals is yet not perfect. We are constantly updating this system to improve it further. If the creature gets stuck or cannot reach you for whatever reason will be considered an exploit.

Things like this should be posted in the client loader for all to see. If you hunt anyway in which a creature cannot get to you, then it is an exploit.

I spend 6 years of my life playiing average 4 hours day investing all my real money in the game and my account got locked because i done same like hundreads of people i saw and i know using Sleipnir when hunting...

Ya, I didn't break the law for 30 years, then they arrested me for robbing a store, why would they do that?
I know people get away with robbing stores all the time. Why did they punish me?

Breaking rules = punishment. Should have learned that lesson when you were a kid.
I'm sure this won't be a perm ban, so when you get back try not to break any rules.

Mary Jane, just drop all communication on the forum for awile. The witch hunters won't stop so don't provoke them. They want to see you burn so they will tear everything you say apart to mean whatever they want it to. Your best bet is to just disappear.

Last edited:
I have seen many people quoting Optima's alleged response from Support about this issue.

The thing is OPTIMA DOES NOT WORK FOR MINDARK. He/She could have made all that stuff up just because He/She dislikes people using VTOLs to hunt (I am not saying that is the case but that there is allways a possibility).

I dont' defend what MJ did, I would not risk doing something like that having as much money as he has invested in this game, BUT, There has been no OFFICIAL disclaimer about this been an exploit.

I repeat, Optimas thread about the support answer is just HEARSAY It does not constitutes an OFFICIAL warning against using VTOLs to hunt.

Even this thread about Mary Jane been locked still does not constitutes official warning. He might be lying too, and just playing with all the people that flame him. :laugh: You can never know.

Until we get a representative form MA to clarify this issue and make a big sign in the client loader warning people (everybody and not just the people that reads the forum) about the VTOL hunting we will never know if this is indeed an exploit.

Reactions: jod
Mary Jane, just drop all communication on the forum for awile. The witch hunters won't stop so don't provoke them. They want to see you burn so they will tear everything you say apart to mean whatever they want it to. Your best bet is to just disappear.

"We do not approve of this witch hunt!" is the press release we just received from the witches.

First off just for the record I have never had any interaction with the OP and have no vested interest here but this is just become a complete beat up and a farce.

To those that sent in support cases against the OP I hope you have a good hard look in the mirror.

• How many of you used your VTOL's to complete the Silo missions in the crater?
I did.

• How many of you have used your VTOL to go afk whilst in a spawn area?
I have.

• How many of you have used your VTOL escape a mob train or wait till it passed?
I have.

• How many of you have used your VTOL to move away from an unwanted re-spawn so you could tag out the mob you were working on?
Actually I haven't done this one yet but I'm sure I will.

• How many of you have used this method to drag mobs off your mining claims?
I haven't done this yet but I will if I need to.

• How many of you used your VTOL during Merry Mayhem last year when you got swamped or your main hunter died or relogged?
I did.

I think an overwhelming amount of VTOL owners have done one or all of the above.I'm not going to suggest a % but my guess it would be an extremely high majority.

And if so you have all taken advantage of the fact that a mob will not attack whilst you are in your VTOL and are all guilty of exploiting so I hope you all sent in a support case asking for your own account to be locked as well.

There is no hiding in a 'perceived' grey area here,If you have at any stage used your VTOL to escape an attacking mob you have used an 'exploit'.I'm using the word exploit here because that what everyone wants to call it even though I do not see it as one but truth be told I don't see trapping as an exploit either.

That doesn't mean I think its good for the economy but if the game engine allows it then its a feature,If it truly was an exploit then it would be disabled.
The auction was disabled whilst the 101 exploit was fixed-pretty damn quickly too-the RT missions are disabled till they are fixed-again pretty damn quickly,etc.
Now after over 3 months MA want to start banning people for it without so much as a public "you must not do this"?
Thats just bullshit imo.

Support correspondence is a private matter between a user and MA and no matter how many times someone wants to post such correspondence in this forum it does not constitute an official announcement and everyone here is perfectly within their rights to ignore it.

As for those saying the OP deserves a ban for lying to the community or acting like a dumbass well I'm sorry but I cant find either of those things listed in TOU as a ban-able offence and if it were a large portion of this forum would be locked permanently.

So again I'll say to all those holier-then-thou VTOL owners take a good look in the mirror and be honest when you ask yourself are you really as innocent and clean as you'd like to believe and should you really be throwing stones or what is your real motivation.

I have seen many people quoting Optima's alleged response from Support about this issue.

The thing is OPTIMA DOES NOT WORK FOR MINDARK. He/She could have made all that stuff up just because He/She dislikes people using VTOLs to hunt (I am not saying that is the case but that there is allways a possibility).

I dont' defend what MJ did, I would not risk doing something like that having as much money as he has invested in this game, BUT, There has been no OFFICIAL disclaimer about this been an exploit.

I repeat, Optimas thread about the support answer is just HEARSAY It does not constitutes an OFFICIAL warning against using VTOLs to hunt.

Even this thread about Mary Jane been locked still does not constitutes official warning. He might be lying too, and just playing with all the people that flame him. :laugh: You can never know.

Until we get a representative form MA to clarify this issue and make a big sign in the client loader warning people (everybody and not just the people that reads the forum) about the VTOL hunting we will never know if this is indeed an exploit.

This sums it up nicely!!

MJ wrong yes. perm ban no!!
MA wrong yes. perm ban HELL YEAH!! :yup:

No offense to anyone but self imposed MA cops dictating rules and regulations in game are the last thing this virtual world needs.

Actually, it is generally those self-appointed "cops" who raise enough dust to effect what little enforcement we do see.

MA needs to monitor, warn, and impose punishment of TAO violations THEMfuckingSELVES.

Here's the Catch-22 : Firstly, it is a logistical impossibility to monitor all players for violation. Secondly, warnings about exploits are a two-edged blade. The honest player will take note, and adapt to the rule, but any dishonest player who was not aware of the exploit will now be aware, and will take advantage, regardless of any possible consequence, because of the aforementioned difficulty in policing activity. The warning will likely do more harm than good.

In a sense, we are limited to an honour system, which places on all straight players an onus to report exploits and exploiters.

As for selective punishment, well, a cheat is a loser, by definition, and a cheat who still cannot beat the system is such a sad case it is its own punishment. It is only really necesary to cut down the "succesful" cheaters to keep things level. Community rage at unfair wins pretty much adresses that issue.

(remember those server boarder sweater cops)?:laugh:

I was one. Do not regret one pec I spent harassing the exploiters. Every game has flaws in the rules, but we can still play as long as everybody agrees to stick to the rules anyway. That's what gaming is, at its core - a contest within agreed rules. If you disagree with the rule, don't play.

Yes Optima is well known liar, you idiot

I got similar reply from support when I reported it too, but that is hearsay also?

if u tell a lie enough times, u will then soon believe that the lie are the truth!

/Spikey

Last edited:
When harbringers where in twin, you could fire rockets at them from behind a wall or from on top of buildings.

I asked support and they said:

I also asked them if your team mate stands in front of a mob to block it, is it an exploit, they said:

Things like this should be posted in the client loader for all to see. If you hunt anyway in which a creature cannot get to you, then it is an exploit.

I agree, but as far as I know when a mob gets stuck now, you get the 'unreachable' message and you cannot damage the mob. I strongly feel that if an exploit is identified by MA they should take actions to neutralise that exploit, like they did with the stuck mob becoming unreachable.

It's just too crazy for words that the community has to suffer for exploits implemented by MA.

We are supposed to accept the universe 'as is' then so do YOU MA, so do you.

Trying to appeal to the users morale when they find and exploit, and instructing them to report it and not abuse it :eyecrazy:

Im sorry, I'm a cynical SOB but it's Entropia Universe not UTOPIA Universe.......

Yeah, the problem is that it shouldn't be a case of users passing on information from private support cases to each other.

MA, like almost all other games should leave a simple message in the client loader.

"It has come to our attention that a small group of people have used VTOLs to attack certain mobs without taking any damage. We are working on a solution to this, but until then this is considered a ban-able offence and anyone doing this will receive a temporary or permanent ban".

That wasn't all that hard to write.

Prolly a good suggestion.

Tho I do think I am one of the very few that don't really care at all about the loot or how it was achieved.

As a few have stated before, MA has had plenty of time to address this if they do indeed not approve it. I actually don't really think it's a terrible exploit. (*ducks)

Tippin'

I got similar reply from support when I reported it too, but that is hearsay also?

don't think he say Optima is a liar, if i understood it right he said that this info shouldn't have come from a player's post, whether it was Optima, or Queen Latifa, but from official source streight to your e-mail, barely by chosing "send to all" button.

don't think he say Optima is a liar, if i understood it right he said that this info shouldn't have come from a player's post, whether it was Optima, or Queen Latifa, but from official source streight to your e-mail, barely by chosing "send to all" button.

That was my interpretation of it as well. :cool:

[*]How many of you used your VTOL's to complete the Silo missions in the crater?
Yes, but I also used TP chips to complete many "waypoint" missions. However, I used it as transport, not because it "de-agroed" mobs. (Didn't even knew it did that back then) I don't consider transportation an exploit.

[*]How many of you have used your VTOL to go afk whilst in a spawn area?

I didn't.

[*]How many of you have used your VTOL escape a mob train or wait till it passed?

Once at my fap job's request. (Guy I was fapping asked me to jump in VTOL while he finished off spawn of small mobs.) Never did it again, even when asked.

[*]How many of you have used your VTOL to move away from an unwanted re-spawn so you could tag out the mob you were working on?

I've never done that.

[*]How many of you have used this method to drag mobs off your mining claims?

Nor that. Used other methods, such as long-dstance shooting/running/dying.

[*]How many of you used your VTOL during Merry Mayhem last year when you got swamped or your main hunter died or relogged?

Nope. Our team didn't do that. (And we still placed high)

And if so you have all taken advantage of the fact that a mob will not attack whilst you are in your VTOL and are all guilty of exploiting

With the single one-time exception I mentioned above, I have never used the anti-agro feature/bug/whatever.

Often when I hear "Oh c'mon, we've all done it", it's a sign someone did something wrong and either know they did wrong, or found out later it was a bad idea. And now they're looking around for others who "did the deed" so they don't feel quite as guilty.

As for Mary, he's proven in multiple ways that he has used "unapproved" means to gain advantages and then refused to stop until officially reprimanded. Then to top it off, he lied before and after the lock in an attempt to escape punishment. That is the part that personally upsets me most.

And like Centech said, if you had a partner doing it with you, they should also be temp-banned.

They won't take your loot away, because they generally have a "hands off" approach to actual loot (unlike attributes, which can't be sold any, and are easily adjusted without TT return repercussions) And that may be the part that makes me saddest. After a few days vacation, you'll come back to a ped card full of dome taxes and still profit from this.

Yeah, the problem is that it shouldn't be a case of users passing on information from private support cases to each other.

MA, like almost all other games should leave a simple message in the client loader.

"It has come to our attention that a small group of people have used VTOLs to attack certain mobs without taking any damage. We are working on a solution to this, but until then this is considered a ban-able offence and anyone doing this will receive a temporary or permanent ban".

That wasn't all that hard to write.

I would prefer Mikeemooo's solution, we would get "I didn't get the email" threads, but point taken :)

Funny thing if that lock is actually because his girlfriend playing the same IP and not because the "exploit".
We've seen already people get account locked cuz of two accounts on same IP, and all was needed is sending IDs to verify real person to get account unlocked.

I really hope for you MJ, that this post about you getting locked, won't lock you even more cuz people keep talking about how you "exploited" the vtol hunt.

Good luck on getting account unlocked as fast as possible,
and making it to the land grabs.

p.s; Your only mistake was posting about it, and not you doing it.

Thanks for the unnesessary insult. I am not saying Optima is a liar, I am saying that we can never know for sure. And that is the point

yep, unfortunately, that is also Hersay. It is not that you are a liar, second hand information without official confirmation is hearsay.

hearsay

hear·say
noun
1. unverified, unofficial information gained or acquired from another and not part of one's direct knowledge: I pay no attention to hearsay.

2. an item of idle or unverified information or gossip; rumor: a malicious hearsay.

–adjective
3. of, pertaining to, or characterized by hearsay: hearsay knowledge; a hearsay report.

Synonyms
1. talk, scuttlebutt, babble, tittle-tattle.

Last edited:
Lol God knows how much I want to unsubscribe this thread now.. :)

With the single one-time exception I mentioned above, I have never used the anti-agro feature/bug/whatever.

Often when I hear "Oh c'mon, we've all done it", it's a sign someone did something wrong and either know they did wrong, or found out later it was a bad idea. And now they're looking around for others who "did the deed" so they don't feel quite as guilty.

As for Mary, he's proven in multiple ways that he has used "unapproved" means to gain advantages and then refused to stop until officially reprimanded. Then to top it off, he lied before and after the lock in an attempt to escape punishment. That is the part that personally upsets me most.

And like Centech said, if you had a partner doing it with you, they should also be temp-banned.

They won't take your loot away, because they generally have a "hands off" approach to actual loot (unlike attributes, which can't be sold any, and are easily adjusted without TT return repercussions) And that may be the part that makes me saddest. After a few days vacation, you'll come back to a ped card full of dome taxes and still profit from this.

Thats the problem with interpretations.. It's all hearsay unless it comes from an official with clear deffinitions as to what are exploits and what are not.. Untill then, this is all just semantics'. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Ahhhh the pitchfork weilding villagers can sit happily around the village square tonight with contented smirks on their faces, nodding sagely at each other and knowing that they have brought justice to Calypso.

But deep down inside, as they glance at each others faces, their mob mentality subconcious is actually searching for their next witch hunt victim, because if someone else is on the recieving end of the pitchfork then it's not you.

Let them who are without sin cast the first stone. :wise:

Yes, but I also used TP chips to complete many "waypoint" missions. However, I used it as transport, not because it "de-agroed" mobs. (Didn't even knew it did that back then) I don't consider transportation an exploit.

Well as I said I wouldn't guess at a percentage and I'm not suggesting 'everyone' has done it but reading through the posts on the subject its clear many many people have used it in some way.
Just for the record I don't feel guilty even in the slightest for the ways in which I have used this 'feature' which I admitted in my post-I've never used it the way the OP did though.
Some have attacked whilst in the very same post have admitted to some of the things I have suggested as if there is a 'grey area' of right and wrong about it when using an unintentional 'feature' for gain on any level is still exploiting.

My post was to get people to consider that there is no degree of right and wrong.
Exploiting is exploiting no matter the scale to which its used.

As for the OP I could point out some things regarding the recent sales of the launcher that seem to take the forum users here for complete idiots but they are separate incidents and are not related in any way so one cant be used to justify the other,Being a dumbass is not ban-able.

As for the hunting partner I agree,a rule for one is a rule for all.

Back