Beauty profession nurfed

James Clayton

Guardian
Society
Spartans
James Bo Clayton
BEAUTY PROFESSION NURFED

I was shocked to find out this weekend that MA has nurfed the beauty profession. Over the last 2-3 weeks since the latest freebee avatar remake that MA gave I have noticed a new change from the last time this was done. In the past the remake was given with the basic chooses that all new players have when they start off and after a week or so people started to ask for changes, but not this time. This time MA made available everything. Hair styles, like the lvl 34 female style that is worn by almost all the girls, that require a level 44 stylist to do were all available. The same with specialty iris looks like cat and tiger eyes, some of which our top beauticians have not even unlocked yet were available to everyone.

I remember reading a post by MA stating that this free remake was so that the general population would get the same selections as new people entering from the Genesis site. At the time it did not register with me exactly what that meant. Today things started to become clear. A friend of mine told me that the way things are at the present, a new person joining enters at Genesis and there he/she can see everything that is available on Calipso, Next Island and Roctopia including being able to try out all types of clothe and the coloring and textureing of the clothe. It's a preview of what's available in the main worlds, of course when the new player leaves Genesis he/she leaves behind all the fancy clothe they experimented with so as to not disrupt the crafting, coloring or textureing economies.

But guess what, not so with beauty, like the other trades the new person can try out every hair and color style, change their eyes or iris style including the fantasy styles like cat eyes and all other features. The difference is, when they leave Genesis they are no longer stuck with the basic styles along with basic clothe, like in the past, now they get to keep all the modifications to their looks. Think of it, in the past a person on Calipso was proud of being able to show off a new high lvl hair style that cost a lot because a beautician had to spend a fortune in time and skills to be able to offer that advanced style. But now every new player coming out of Genesis is sporting the most advanced hair and body and face/eye styles from the very start! They don't have the ped to buy an Opalo or clothe yet, their running around in their underwear and yet they have cat eyes and a style 34 hair cut. No wonder the old-timers are upset, they spent a bundle on a fancy hair style and specialty features and now they don’t look any different than the new people except for the underwear.

When I heard this I said 'naw, come on why would MA do that' I mean I can understand giving people a preview of whats available, it wets their appetite, actually sounds like a smart marketing move on MA's part. But why be difference with beauty, why give the most advanced beauty features away. Features that take tens of thousands of ped and/or years of hard work for a beautician to achieve. They don't give the cloth away or the vehicles, why beauty?

I mean I've been doing this for 3 years now, spamming for customers night and day, picking up a skill chip now and then at 10,15,20k% markups and I'm still just a level 30 hair stylist with 27 hair cut styles, nowhere near that dam style 34 that all the girls want. Why would MA do this? I could not believe it. So I phone up a friend, a friend that has just joined at my urging. Just trying to do my part to increase the player base. And I asked him about all this. He really did not have a clue about what I was talking about, so I asked if I could come over to his place and see this new Genesis place and see how things work there.

Well guess what? I have been screwed, f...ed, shafted, what ever you want to call it, it's all true, THE BEAUTY PROFESSION HAS BEEN NURFED. All that time spamming for customers at PA, Nea's and Twins, all those frustrating bugs and error messages. All the money I put into equipment and an apartment. All the furniture and decorating of that apartment to try and make my place of business as presentable as possible. All the money I depoed to buy a skill chip at 10k % or 20k % mark up so I could get another style a little faster. It was all for nothing. Now I know why business is non-existent these days, the new people expect it for free, since that's what they got at Genesis and the older people, well they figure they can just wait a little while and MA will offer another free total avatar make over like they just did. Man did I ever get screwed rofl. I think I’d cry if it wasn’t so dam funny. What an idiot.

But anyways for any new or older people out there that are thinking of becoming a beautician like me, forget it. MA has turned it into a total waste of time and money, become a color-er or texture applicator, there is still promise there. At least with coloring or textureing you have a chance to get a global which has never been possible with the beauty profession even thought we use materials, pay decay and have to take our chance with a success rate like the other crafts, and MA does not give away clothe with unlimited color or texture …. yet, lol.

As for me well I really like this place, granted there is no point in making deposits anymore to pay for a future shop with shopkeepers but what the hell, I'll still be around and if you see me or have me on your fl give me a shout if you want your hair done :)

As to why MA has decided to nerf beauty I have no idea, but as the french would say 'cest la vie' or in good old english 'tough darts farmer' lol, good luck everyone and have a nice day :)

MA said they're redoing the WHOLE beauty profession some time soon, so you'll get a LOT more customers soon. So don't complain :p

And also about colouring and texturing.. no you can't get a global doing that.. you always get 90% tt of paints or textures back.

Last edited:
Are you a male hair stylist IRL?

Just checking.... :ahh:

is there even a beauty profession at this point?

what MA should do is leave it like it is, and then add a whole bunch of new stuff to the beauty profession... let the n00bs have their cat eyes. You can give them wings, halos, auras, 3rd arms, Nubian Princess hairdos, etc.

Also, be glad you actually have a profession lol.

Tamers still don't got their shit back even in a limited capacity.

I complain too

i think there is no reason the be glad,he have all rights to complain.
beauty is one of the expensivest profession ing. when not EVEN THE expensivest
And sorry, we can maybe do the profession, but.. you can stand 1-5 hours , screaming, for when you be lucky .. 1 customer? No use to do, when MA give all for free away anyways.

You right its sad that Taming not go, still.. lets say you woud be in this situation, and you coud may tam the pets, but no one woud buy, becouse MA give everyone a pet for free.. and than not just lvl 1 or 3.. no even Pets no one can tam ing. And even than i think, skilling in taming is still chaper than beauty, you need a whip, you get when you be lucky even loot from ya tamed pets. In beauty you can only Live from ppl, you dont get TT back from mats, you fail, you dont glob, sometimes you get 1-5 times in a row not even a skill.
even we get SOMEDAY a new options in beauty... it can need still monthes, or even years!

Just think about, how long it was need, till we was get the cars. Make up shoud had come back alreday last year and still not there .. well we wait still for.. same witeh taming..

So MA destroid the Beauty buiss Total, so its a dam good reason to complain... i spend so many peds on this profession and MA fucked it up

I feel witeh you James ..

True!

That is true.But I have to tell you as you seen last night,it has a lag when you hit "accept".so many times they dont realize they have picked completely wrong "look".
:cool:

Complaining...

Yes MA killed beauty ... unless they increase the number of styles to 3x that what the beginners can choose this is total s**t.. it would be OK if they gave the newcomers 34 styles but in the same time give all beauticians the ability to have 100 styles at the same skill level as that needed to be maxed out at 34...

10 styles for newcomers = 34 styles for start
34 styles for top stylists = 100 styles ...

and even better at higher skill levels add more styles ... make it 200 so people have the urge to unlock more :p

As for body and face surgery... well were f****d 100% there ... unless they extend the options we can do to even smaller/bigger more crocked or more beautiful ... etc :p

The system was introduced with a NERF...
in 2005 the options for hairstyles people could choose to at avatar creation was reduced so that the beauticians could aspire to gain them and allow people to have it ... only old timers had Mohawks for example until someone unlocked it :D

Now 6 years later it has been NERFed back the other way around killing everyone who took up the profession ...

Ido

and what about make up? :eyecrazy:

Yes MA killed beauty ... unless they increase the number of styles to 3x that what the beginners can choose this is total s**t.. it would be OK if they gave the newcomers 34 styles but in the same time give all beauticians the ability to have 100 styles at the same skill level as that needed to be maxed out at 34...

10 styles for newcomers = 34 styles for start
34 styles for top stylists = 100 styles ...

and even better at higher skill levels add more styles ... make it 200 so people have the urge to unlock more :p

As for body and face surgery... well were f****d 100% there ... unless they extend the options we can do to even smaller/bigger more crocked or more beautiful ... etc :p

The system was introduced with a NERF...
in 2005 the options for hairstyles people could choose to at avatar creation was reduced so that the beauticians could aspire to gain them and allow people to have it ... only old timers had Mohawks for example until someone unlocked it :D

Now 6 years later it has been NERFed back the other way around killing everyone who took up the profession ...

Ido

Bump lol agree full in

investment FAIL

Yup thats it, now i see only valivil shouting at twin lol...his 3 ped cuts ;)
there is NO CUSTOMERS and period.
Personaly i dont play so much more... spaming now and then still NO CUSTOMERS.
and thats IT.
I even thinked of selling out all my stuff...materials, web page, brand :D chairs.... i dont like i need to wait few months for MA to think of something...ill just take my money back and leave if i get good offer.

For offer PM me. Good ones only Iam not so desparate :D, so dont waste my time...

yours,
Ry

This is an epic FAIL on MindArc's part, in part, because they still haven't fixed and reimplamented makeup, tattoos and oh yea fixed the current bugs in it. It's crazy stupid and because of that nobody wants styles or new updates anymore...

~Danimal

Quite simply Disasterous. Have you spoken anything with the Mindarklings regarding this? ( Or whoever the f*ck runs the show these days)

I see nothing out of the ordinary..... :handjob:

Well, I see the justification of all of your frustration....But how many of you are out there?

Just for a moment think of it from MA's perspective.

EU is stagnant at the moment, as far as player base is concerned!
Two New planets have been unable to bring in sufficient number of new players!
Financially MA is not in great shape (perhaps the reason for resorting to crap like Medusa Island)

So, how MA is going to increase player base?
You (and many others) have tried to get and retain new players in-game. Obviously all of your good intentions are not enough to retain players in game.

People will come and stay in EU if:

1. EU is visually very appealing, life like, both avatar and environment. (competing with other games)

2. Nice content and story line (the reason for implementation of achievemnt and quests - borrowed concept from other successful MMOs).

3. Decrease cost to play.

So, for now, your profession (Beautician) doesn't help much in bringing-in and retaining new players. Instead it will increase the cost-to-play in EU. By giving free makeover MA is trying to make players stay in game by helping them improve their avatar appearance without adding cost to them.. So, yes it's going to hurt a few... but good for the future of EU. at least for now.....
I'm hoping once EU have enough players base.. you'll be highly benefitted from your profession..... but that totally depends on the success of EU. So I guess you and many others shouldn't whine?

Many of you lament about taming... bring back the old features and stop adding new! To those i've only one question:

Do you think the old missing features will be more interesting (and will bringing in, and retain new players) than the vehicles, quest and achievements are doing. I for one can definitely say, I'd have played much less or even worse probably been gone by now were it not for these new features.

So, think hard before you know what you are wishing for!

....just my 2c

Well, I see the justification of all of your frustration....But how many of you are out there?

Just for a moment think of it from MA's perspective.

EU is stagnant at the moment, as far as player base is concerned!
Two New planets have been unable to bring in sufficient number of new players!
Financially MA is not in great shape (perhaps the reason for resorting to crap like Medusa Island)

So, how MA is going to increase player base?
You (and many others) have tried to get and retain new players in-game. Obviously all of your good intentions are not enough to retain players in game.

People will come and stay in EU if:

1. EU is visually very appealing, life like, both avatar and environment. (competing with other games)

2. Nice content and story line (the reason for implementation of achievemnt and quests - borrowed concept from other successful MMOs).

3. Decrease cost to play.

So, for now, your profession (Beautician) doesn't help much in bringing-in and retaining new players. Instead it will increase the cost-to-play in EU. By giving free makeover MA is trying to make players stay in game by helping them improve their avatar appearance without adding cost to them.. So, yes it's going to hurt a few... but good for the future of EU. at least for now.....
I'm hoping once EU have enough players base.. you'll be highly benefitted from your profession..... but that totally depends on the success of EU. So I guess you and many others shouldn't whine?

Many of you lament about taming... bring back the old features and stop adding new! To those i've only one question:

Do you think the old missing features will be more interesting (and will bringing in, and retain new players) than the vehicles, quest and achievements are doing. I for one can definitely say, I'd have played much less or even worse probably been gone by now were it not for these new features.

So, think hard before you know what you are wishing for!

....just my 2c

Couldnt be more wrong!

I buildt PE!! Everyone who deposited from day one til Today!! BUILDT PE!!!

PE is NOTHING without us!!

When you say, new players are MORE important then us. You couldnt be more wrong.

So, think hard before you say something ;)

....just my 2c

Couldnt be more wrong!

Give me specifics how am i wong?

PE is NOTHING without us!!
When you say, new players are MORE important then us. You couldnt be more wrong.

True.

But we need to have a more granular view of "US"

"US" = several (tens?) thousands of regular (new + old) players (cash cow of EU) keeping it alive
+ a special group of players vyeing to make money out of EU which includes but not limited to
a few beauticians
+ a few tamer
+ few ubers

I'm not against making money out of EU.. but during these trying times... MA needs to focus on the cash cow of EU and keep them in-game and happy.

So, I'm happy to see MA is trying hard to add new features... decreasing the MU of many exorbittently pricey items..

If these are done to get more new players, and keep them in game I think it's the right move. I'd prefer it to be done without hurting anybody.... but if in the process a few get hurt or leave the game IMHO it's ok for the sake of the future of the universe.

Hopefully, those who survive will see bright light at the end of the dark tunnel!

Last edited:
Back