Land Grab won by exploit?

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
So today CCCP SoC won a land area in the land grab. They spawned their PitBulls around the claim marker and stood in the middle of their Pitbulls using the pitbulls as shields (any fire would hit the PitBull and not the CCCP Soc members standing in the centre of them.) They'd just have their vehicle repair tools equipped and click the pitbulls as they got blown up so as to keep rocket shrapnel spread out amongst the pile of vehicles.

Seeing's Mary Jane was just banned for using a vehicle exploit to gain an unfair advantage while hunting, I wonder what should be done about an entire SOC using a vehicle exploit to gain an unfair advantage while competing in LG?

Any thoughts?

At one point there were 11 CCCP members "protecting the claim" as per the message below the timer. There were apprx. 40 avatars attacking those 11, many of them high skilled with high end gear. It just seemed impossible to take out all of CCCP. And though they are a very skilled SOC, I kinda have a real tough time believing they'd be able to fight off the constant barrage of high dmg fire without standing in the centre of the Pitbulls clicking thier Vehicle RK's.

Menace

I knew from the start that vehicles were a bad idea. They should never have been implemented.

However, I would have just hired 40 people with Mann MPH's to decay the pitbulls down to 0 PED. Would teach them to exploit.

and you had no Gunginr ready to rain hell upon them? Or is that not possible in that area?
I guess if they could be dispatched then it was your fault that you didn't.
If it's an exploit that makes it impossible to defeat them then MA should do something about it like giving them no taxes and writing them a warning via support case.
However PLEASE don't start asking for bans for everything... I don't want to see myself banned one day for parking my vehicle in the wrong corner of the planet...

I knew from the start that vehicles were a bad idea. They should never have been implemented.

However, I would have just hired 40 people with Mann MPH's to decay the pitbulls down to 0 PED. Would teach them to exploit.

Well they were taking heavy rocket fire..... just couldn't decay them down to 0 PED in the 1hr the claim needed to be held for. Besides... this being their strategy I'm sure they brought spares.

Was funny. The other 3 LA's I jumped into the SOCs holding the markers saw my dot come in and immediately prepared to engage me. CCCP's LA was different. I zipped in and was killed by friendly fire. lol

Menace

However PLEASE don't start asking for bans for everything... I don't want to see myself banned one day for parking my vehicle in the wrong corner of the planet...

My OP is more of a depiction of the urgency for MA to deal with the vehicle exploit problem. I don't want to see thousands banned either.

Menace

Yup way too much friendly fire going on! :scratch2:

That point aside, the rules seem enitelry stacked against the attacking side, rightly or wrongly. I clicked that *cough* lovley marker several times, as did many far superiour avatars than me. However, unless you killed every single person around and all of thier putbulls, you had no chance.....

but hey, thats the rules i suppose :)

I suppose what we have to learn from this, is a way to work out good tactics to over come this.

Last edited:
It looked more like a vehicle repair party.

When I was around landmarker running trough wrecks trying to shoot them, I almost only got 1 hp hits sometimes even when rockets and grenades was raining down on it.

Another fine, intelligent demonstration taking advantage of the available systems, that the whiney dumb forum trolls didn't think of first. :lolup:

LG before today's one I saw the same pitbull tactic. But after repairing one with 1 click and someone shot it I'm sure it blew up and moved in that action big time lol.

Another fine, intelligent demonstration taking advantage of the available systems, that the whiney dumb forum trolls didn't think of first. :lolup:

ROFL. My SOC wasn't even there attempting to claim any land. I showed up and zipped to the 4 LA's to check out the action with the new system (because I wasn't able to witness the first of the new LG's).

By the way... the statement "whiney dumb forum trolls" has got to be, and probably will remain.... the biggest troll in this thread.

Oh and Luckycharm, the problem is.... one click of that repair tool means the Pitbull is once again able to absorb the shrapnel damage and shield the avatar standing in the middle of it from rifle/pistol fire. Most times the individual gets 1 click of the repair tool off before a second shot/rocket can be fired.

Menace

So today CCCP SoC won a land area in the land grab. They spawned their PitBulls around the claim marker and stood in the middle of their Pitbulls using the pitbulls as shields (any fire would hit the PitBull and not the CCCP Soc members standing in the centre of them.) They'd just have their vehicle repair tools equipped and click the pitbulls as they got blown up so as to keep rocket shrapnel spread out amongst the pile of vehicles.

Heh-heh. :laugh:

That about sums it up. I wonder if there's anything SDS can do to make Societies WANT to battle it out like old times? Next round will be even worse because the defending LA holders will have the use of turrets. So before wasting ammo on people that hide "inside" vehicles you have to get past the big cannons.

Menace

Gotta give them, That it was pretty clever tactic.

But there is a problem, If there was 40 people shooting at them with high power rockets and grenades, without getting through, i wonder how many is needed, and if it is even possible to manage the required amount of people inside this games graphic engine lol.

There is a fairly easy solution.

Dont allow vehicles inside the range of the marker that the possesing society has to be inside. But only outside the claiming range.

In previous land grabs pets were not allowed in the LAs because they could be used as shields in a similar manner. In the case of pets, it wasn't possible to destroy them, so it was a bit different but I imagine some kind of ban will be implemented to prevent this new version of the same trick.

I suggest a warning should be issued to this particular soc and anyone else who used it. In landgrab it should be easy to monitor to see if someone is repeatedly doing it.

They should have had SDS officials present like they have for the last couple of land grabs. I can understand why they might choose not to have an official present for every LA every week now that these 8 LAs are to be fought over so often, but it would have been sensible to have someone there for the first one.

I wonder how much damage would need to be done to their Pitbulls to make it cost more than the taxes they get over the week.

My OP is more of a depiction of the urgency for MA to deal with the vehicle exploit problem. I don't want to see thousands banned either.

Menace

Don't worry I worth this thousands...
My situation is totally unfair I'm honest and I got punish.

imagine some kind of ban will be implemented to prevent this new version of the same trick.

I suggest a warning should be issued to this particular soc and anyone else who used it. In landgrab it should be easy to monitor to see if someone is repeatedly doing it.

I don't agree.

MA/FPC/SEE/SDS :scratch2: Implemented vehicles to make this more like other games and real life.

Well people are playing like they would in other games or in real life, using tactics. Why ban them for using common sense?

IF MA doesn't like it, then perhaps they should put some more thought into a system before they release it.

Such as, make it so YOU CANNOT CARRY A VEHICLE and spawn it whereever you want. Yeah, that's realistic. Make it vehicles can only spawn from a terminal of some sort (Let them study Borderlands game).

Make it if a vehicle is destroyed it causes local damage to people, perhaps killing them too. (again study Borderlands game)

It's simply pathetic that a system is released without much thought and people, after playing other games and learning tactics, use the same tactics and then it's turned that people are exploiting.

This place really is turning into tella-tubbie land.

Last edited:
I don't see how this is an exploit. If its an exploit, all PK'ers would be banned for using their pitbulls as shields in many circumstances.

Lol +rep for a great new tactic and gratz to the LA.

Although i doubt it would work if the attackers didn't use rocket launchers (seems like a stupid tactic, just head in there and shoot the repair people).

{removed}
Menace, if I'm not mistaken your a Rocker. Lets leave Calypso to their new {removed} supporting owners.
{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Imho there will be some sort of a workaround soon. LG is constantly changing... In the very first LGs there were "similar" problems as well - some of the high skilled players were practicly impossible to kill. Availability of high dps weapons was very limited, also no critical hits back than. Eon+mod fap+high hp was "godmode on". That has changed a lot, vehicles will most likely be redone with time as well.

Dont allow vehicles inside the range of the marker that the possesing society has to be inside. But only outside the claiming range.

Could be a good idea, or make them blow away when exploding and return to owners inventory when he/she dies.

In previous land grabs pets were not allowed in the LAs because they could be used as shields in a similar manner. In the case of pets, it wasn't possible to destroy them

A god exaple to compare with.

This was how how it looked like when I was running around landmarker while rockets rained down.

Ill give them for finding a smart tactic though, but it kinda spoils the fun of a LG if the only weapon you need is a Vehicle RK-5 (L) .
Selling all my hunting skills and buy Vehicle repairing skills :silly2:

Make the Tanks as they should be and problem solved.

Great tactic used by a clever soc utilizing the features and resources available to them in game in a creative fashion. Big gratz CCCP, well done guys, dont worry about the whiners!

easy dont like the tactic, dont pay them by not using the land

Tnx Kombi, just funny to read this nubbies crying... there is an impression that we did not kill anyone ... just stood and repaired our pits, we were forced to change our tactics only in the last 15 minutes of battle, because we simultaneously attacked by warrants, aow, ck, tc, dk, etc.... of course we had to think about defense...

Just a bit of (re)balancing required imho after this first LG, and an extension of the time as 5 days will not cope with costs if real battles occur (which is the intention & fun after all)

Tnx Kombi, just funny to read this nubbies crying... there is an impression that we did not kill anyone ... just stood and repaired our pits, we were forced to change our tactics only in the last 15 minutes of battle, because we simultaneously attacked by warrants, aow, ck, tc, dk, etc.... of course we had to think about defense...

Your felis stinged... you where well organized and killed loads of us.

But hideing in viechels arent OK in my book.

Hope they change this soon

grats all land winners

Seems they used a tactic that the game mechanics allow, so fair play to them in that respect. Whether or not it is a sporting way to win I'm not so sure but is it any worse than the alliance that made the last LA so very disappointing.

One thing I do like to see is a different soc winning an LA rather than the usual faces and that for me is very refreshing.

It was an interesting and particularly successful tactic, gz CCCP. They did a good job of defending the claim by whatever means available to them. You can't knock them for playing by the rules. MA makes the rules, we just adapt them to suit our purpose and I doubt that they'll stay as they are forever.

When a vehicle is destroyed it should go automatically to storage.

And gratz CCCP :)

Back