EU - Noobs experience

BashFeri

Young
Papp Feri Ferenc
When I first logged in to the game it was all a bit confusing. The newbie island and the quests... and no indicator on the minimap... i thought of ditching the game immediately.
Then somehow i figured it out and left the island. As i arrived to PA I see that there are more quests! I did not bother doing them. I wanted to start sweating as ASAP (while the game was downloading i read about it on various sites).
I targeted my first mob and started using the sweat gun.
I shoot nothing happens... hmmm...
I shoot again nothing happens....
on my 10th shot i start seeing green stuff from my gun! Yay! Oh wait a second the beast beast is heading my direction!
Attempt failed...
I must be missing something. I head back to the teleporter and stand in front of people and ask how do i sweat. No reply.
Yet again I think i must be doing something wrong. I look at the chat window to look for options to be even more confused. I head back to the wilderness and succeed to gather about 10 sweat still thinking that each of my try should net me some. Then i see in the chat window that someone is offering New players a helicopter ride to Twin Peaks. I rush to the tp. The helicopter passengers and the pilot were quite friendly and explained me the sweating process and gave me a few tips (not to run from mobs while sweating because of skill gain)
I got to Twin and soon found out that a newbie who has got nothing to sell should head back to the swamp camp.
I got back there and sweated. Than i chatted a bit to someone who offered me a ride to Nea`s for 300 sweat. I was collecting sweat way to slow but told her that as soon as i get that much i`ll tell her. 2 minutes after i see a chat message saying "Free ride to Neas place". God i`m lucky.
I was yet again in a vehicle with another newbie getting a ride. We had quite a nice chat but suddenly the amphibious vehicle got destroyed by a swarm of bugs! Oops
Suddenly I felt like a pest because a player lost a vehicle trying to get me to a better place. The worst thing was that we were surrounded by some dinosaurs and we could not move from the RP. So we waited for 20 minutes and the society leader of the driver came to pull out our driver from the area and then came back for us. His car got repaired and we eventually got to Nea`s place. I immediately started Sweating and when I collected my sweat I sold it for 2.45 Ped.
I was so happy :)
by the time I collected another 500 sweat or so I found it rather boring so I started looking on the internet for some alternatives.
Then I stumble upon an article about walking and collecting fruit and stones. Sounded like fun(!?)
Went to Amethera HQ and started walking on the Island. Walked 10 minutes found nothing and logged out.
That was it I said to myself that there is no point to this game.
The next day I was tempted back in. I wanted to collect another 1000 sweat sell it and go hunting. Decided that i`ll still walk to the tp... and behold after only 1 min of walking I found Brukite. I was happy like a child who got a Kinder Surprise (I really liked the toys that had to be assembled)
Since then i`m walking and found tons of fruit (which are useless from what I found out today) some dung (again useless?) and stones which are really hard to sell.
I put some stones to the AH got 11 peds and bought myself some mining equipment.
Now I combine walking and mining. Whenever i find a spawn i place a bomb trying to minimize my losses.
So far I like walking because i love the sight of items popping out and the mining makes it even more enjoyable.
I looked for a society that is centered around walking but could not find one(do such exist?)
I`d really like to find a soc because i still don`t have friends here and i thought some chatting could make the walking more enjoyable.

Wow a really long post... sorry :)

Welcome to EU and this forum! You just embarked on an epic journey! Good luck and enjoy your stay!

:shower:

I'm amazed and i dont know what to say :p

you sure are doing it the hard way, but it works. I never heard of anyone mining like this (minimizing loss by selling stones).
I don't think there is a society that is centered around walking, but i'm sure there are enough that are willing to help you out!

You can add me to your FL aswell if you have more questions or need a chat.

Welcome to EU :beerchug:

Glad you decided to give it another try instead of uninstalling :) Walking and mining sounds way more fun then sweating :cool:

Best of luck to you and feel free to pm me with any questions you might have ;)

Cheers!

Welcome to Entropia ;) If your looking for a large active society focused on helping new players, find a Patriot's member near you.

Were not hard to find, good luck and again, Welcome to EU ;)

damn it looks like you have more fun than people that spend 100$+ per month :yay:

@ opening poster glad you found usefulness out my guide and it made you stay :yay:

I'm amazed and i dont know what to say :p

you sure are doing it the hard way, but it works. I never heard of anyone mining like this (minimizing loss by selling stones).
I don't think there is a society that is centered around walking, but i'm sure there are enough that are willing to help you out!

You can add me to your FL aswell if you have more questions or need a chat.

funny you say its the hard way. thats what i did when i decided sweating wasn't for me and i realized walking for stones is a better way to waste less time. maybe why i wrote that guide. guess i did it all the hard way:rolleyes:

Reactions: Wed
Hi.

Welcome Entropia Universe, mate.

Enjoy.

Greetings.

Welcome to EU! Best of luck and maybe I'll see you out walking sometime. :)

Sounds like you have had a relatively good start compared to many of us.... I look forward to your updates...

Welcome to EU!

Now that you've had the official "noob experience", you may want to consider depositing. Just $10 or $20 USD can make the game waaaayyyy more enjoyable.

Well in my Entropia career so far i have dropped 30 bombs and have found 18 blausariam stone. Hope i can sell them i buy a few more ( rookie bombs for now ).
As far as the walking and picking up stuff goes i collected about 130 nissit 25 brukit 200 fruit and 20 poop (Thats for today) :cool:
Hope tomorrow will be as lucrative as today.
I don`t know if I will ever deposit since I live in a country which is not familiar with internet payment. (we are not supported by paypal or ebay... nuff said)

Last edited:
Welcome to the Entropia Universe :)
I think you are starting very well.
Walking for fruit/stones while mining is probably the smartest profession for a new non-depositing player.
It is how I played my first 6 months (I sweated a lot as well)

good luck and have fun :)

narfi

Welcome to EU, it seems you are persistent and going to make it the hard way here.

Nice post keep it up!
Enjoy the experience!

[...]

have friends here and i thought some chatting could make the walking more enjoyable.

[...]

You actually have found out really quick and cheap what the only thing enjoyable in EU is. Others need years and thousands of $ or € to find that out. Stick to that. Don't let globalchat, hoflist and athlist fool ya. NEVER.

And if you consider to deposit: Consider it a loss and not an investment.

And if you consider to deposit: Consider it a loss and not an investment.

Or even better, cosidering it as payment for entertainment :rolleyes:

Walking today I gathered around 200 fruit and 100 dung. I find it a little disappointing that no stones popped up but... eh... tomorrow is another day:)
As for mining I used up 20 bombs and found nothing but at least i got 1 skill point in geology :yay: (now i will pause the mining part because i`m dry and new peds are coming in in about 2 day if I sell on AH :cool: )
Sent a req for the adopt newbie found soc. and answered the q-s on their forum but no reply yet.
It would be much more enjoyable if I could spam the soc. chat :silly2:

P.S. is it considered spaming if I update my thread with these kind of information?

P.S. is it considered spaming if I update my thread with these kind of information?

What you have posted and the frequency of your posts is perfect.
It lets experienced players relive their beginnings through you, and it helps new players in the future to see how you started before you became famous :p
If you were posting every 20 minutes then it would be obnoxious, but your not.

keep it up,
gl and have fun,
narfi

Actually a lot of us "oldtimers" enjoy reading beginner logs. Once mentoring is back it might be an inspiring source for advice. I kept a log in my newbie times as well when i participated the 15$ Experiment

Welcome on Calypso
&
Best wishes

why dont you just start doing your own blog on here. thats what i do to keep track of my progress. i still dont understand how your finding all this stuff by walking i have done so much walking and got 34 bruuklite

Welcome, sounds like you doing fine. EU is what you make it.

My momma always said "Only boring people are bored." Have fun and pace yourself there is no endgame.

Love it! This thread reminds us all what it is was like to be a noob in this game.

I was extremely lucky (I think) to find a good mentor when I first started. I had been playing about a week when Xena (thanks again, Xena, I love you!) found me running in circles at Swamp Camp, trying my hardest not to die while sweating! I probably would have quit in the first couple of weeks if she hadn't taken me under her wing. :)

IMHO, finding a good soc is crucial. The help, advice, laughter, insults, razzing, and support is what keeps me playing. I hope you find this -- for me, it's the essence of the game. :)

Yes I agree with Lyta for sure. You have inspired me to keep walking lmao and I actually found 34 brukite and 60 caroots!

Dung is actually reasonably valuable IIRC. It's used to make fertiliser, needed by land area owners.

One thing that might be worth mentioning; if you find the stone rutol (much rarer than the others) be very careful to get a good price for it.

Today I had some extra fun while walking since I had a chat partner who later on rewarded me with some of his own findings for guessing why he rolled a F avatar :)
I could not accept the fact that I wont be mining today so I sold 1k fruit and got 20 rookie bombs :yay:
Turned out that mining is not the right profession for me, I used about 70 bombs trough my career and got 21 blausariam stones from it. ( the 20 bombs I bought today were all "duds":scratch2: )
But if I put the mining part aside the walking part was more lucrative than yesterdays
about 400 fruit and 200 dung and 17 nissit (stones are slowly becoming extinct :laugh: )
While I walked I always aimed at relatively flat ground until I found this phenomenon

Now I know those can spawn everywhere so I now walk in a straight line regardless of the terrain.

I read somewhere that the spawns are bigger on Foma so I thought I`ll take a stroll to check it out... later on I find out that I have to pay 25 ped in order to get there... :eyecrazy:
So i`m asking the more experienced players if its worth going there because if it is I`m seizing all mining operations for a month so I could gather those peds.
Still awaiting the soc to accept me.

All in all it was another fun day on Calypso :cool:

Well unless you want to lose lots of peds stay away from FOMA for now.

Well so far I have gathered myself 51 PED and still have a lot of unsold stones (900+ nissit 600+bruk 300+ kald sopur trut less than 100). I`m hanging on to the fruits and I don`t think I`ll ever sell my dung.
If there is a texture crafter who needs a supplier let me know :)
My goal is to gather 100 Ped and then I`ll do a little project beside stone gathering. The strangest thing is i`m still not bored of walking:yay:

Back