Superb increase in smoothness!

Dante

Stalker
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Dante "Ghost" Bleach
When I logged in today, I was very surprised to see how fluent the game runs now!

I always run everything on max settings (including AA), this works fine for me without any lag at all but today, just wow!
Run into a service center from the TP, no hickups, TP to a different TP, no hickups. Switching weapons/tools, instant!

I've never seen such an increase before, I gained 10!!! extra FPS on average after this update (10 FPS is major increase while running on maxed out details).
This is a great step towards running a fluent game, this is how it's supposed to be.
Thanks MA and props to you, have yet to find one hickup!

Can I ask what graphic card do you have?

lol, hang out for a few more minutes in game and wait for your wave of disconnects. That is pretty funny. Everyone hates this update exclaiming its made the connection drop very frequently. You prob have a good rate because nobody is logged in game.

yeah, just logged in and it was a total mess of texture handling. everything looks screwed up, texture loading takes forever, if they load at all. game d/c every 5 minutes... great VU, definitely :wtg:

or he hase a good pc :) maybe is not a pc its an airplane :)

pls share ur pc configuration.

yeah, just logged in and it was a total mess of texture handling. everything looks screwed up, texture loading takes forever, if they load at all. game d/c every 5 minutes... great VU, definitely :wtg:

so again to big diference betwen the OP.

what he said. same here for me. What game are you playing OP? :D

When I logged in today, I was very surprised to see how fluent the game runs now!

I always run everything on max settings (including AA), this works fine for me without any lag at all but today, just wow!
Run into a service center from the TP, no hickups, TP to a different TP, no hickups. Switching weapons/tools, instant!

I've never seen such an increase before, I gained 10!!! extra FPS on average after this update (10 FPS is major increase while running on maxed out details).
This is a great step towards running a fluent game, this is how it's supposed to be.
Thanks MA and props to you, have yet to find one hickup!

Which game icon did you click?

runs really nice on my pc also. Have just upgraded all my pc to enable me to run the highest settings and its fantastic just need to do the same for the bugs and we have our old universe back

The past year and a half I've been running the following setup:
Core 2 Quad Q9450 (2.66GHz)
6GB DDR2
Club 3D Radeon HD5870

The first time I connected I had 1 disconnect, but I wasn't really pointing at the disconnects, was talking about how fluent the game runs now, it's much more efficient than before. I think the disconnects are a problem on its own.

Also, like stated above, nothing changed in my setup, it's the EU software that seems to have gotten an upgrade with managing memory and GPU availability.

PS: about not many people connected or in my area. I stand in Twin Peaks with 50+ avatars and 10 vehicles spawned with custom textures and I still hit 20+ FPS on maxed out settings.

Last edited:
I can confirm the 5-10 FPS increase on very high

Intel Core2 Intel 8500 3,3GHz
2x 9800GT 1GB in SLI ... Physics on CPU

/Update needed to lastest Nvidia driver./

I have not crashed on NI.

Great! This was an area where entropia realy needed to get better!

Well done

definitly runs great but I do agree with some I noticed it takes forever to load all the icons and sometimes I get a red x for an icon and a relog does fix it....but other than the loading it does seem to run smoother.

Though I know that people in general disagree, I have to agree that, over time, significant improvements to the "flow" has been made, though people seem not to notice.

edit:
should be noted that the problems people are experiencing with icon taking a long time to load and such things, is probably not too related to this subject.

I recommend emptying your icon cache, in my case: D:\EU\public_users_data\cache\icon\11.9.0.73809
and also the to clear out the shader cache: client loader -> tools -> Clear Shader Chache.

obviously I can't guarantee that this will make a significant difference, but I think that it's worth a try. Mind you, that you will notice some "lag" at first as you icon and shader cache will have to fill again.

Last edited:
As we will all accept there are many questionable things in eu that requare construcitve criticism and speaking of your mind, but since this latest vu, eu is using less resorces, before it uses 70-80 cpu, now 42-59, using less memory and my fps seems to be a stable 23-26 is most areas, most importantly even the citys like sakura that were horribly laggy.

Least ive had is neas fet at 15-17ish, which is still smooth, and i even had a quick short burst of 34fps at sakura city.

Credit is due whare its due, and this is a very important improvement.

Lets hope this lasts for a long time...

my specs:

Win7 64bit,
amd athlon 4ghz dual core,
4gb ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260

Running Very high settings, Anti-aliasing off

Last edited:
edit:
should be noted that the problems people are experiencing with icon taking a long time to load and such things, is probably not too related to this subject.

I recommend emptying your icon cache, in my case: D:\EU\public_users_data\cache\icon\11.9.0.73809
and also the to clear out the shader cache: client loader -> tools -> Clear Shader Chache.

obviously I can't guarantee that this will make a significant difference, but I think that it's worth a try. Mind you, that you will notice some "lag" at first as you icon and shader cache will have to fill again.

I think you have a great point there, I did all the above right after my first login since there were some bugs when I got ingame. See screenshot:

After doing the things stated above (clearing cache) it was all good again and ran superb.

last night i was run the new VU without any crash! Some times it load some textures, but that is not a problem.

My settings: all verry high

My PC:
MB = asus rock M3A UCC P=70$
Ram = DDR 3 1800 / 4 GB P=60$
CPU = amd phenom 4core 3.4 ghz P=150$
GC = asus eah 5870 P=150$

performens = 20-50 fps, depent where i be and so.

how you see, you can build a fast PC without a lot cash
The prices = P, can be different in other countrys!

I haven't had any problems with this update. Haven't even had loot lag.

actually it's smoother for me too. Since 2 Vu i think, the one with rocktropia added content it was seriously slower. I first noticed it on rocktropia, each time a red dot entered the radar it was .2 s freeze time, green dots were more than that. I suspected it at first to be a RT bug seeing the whole mess , but when i went back to calypso it was about the same.
I suspected the cache to need a cleaning but never actually did it.

Last Vu did that though, when i logged in, particle effect was funny, weapon was flashing horribly, farest tree where blue square and all items where cross :)

At the next login all was fine, and game was smoother.

Some time i don't have loot for like 2 min then all no loots and global pop up at the same time, but it was the same before the VU.

I think you have a great point there, I did all the above right after my first login since there were some bugs when I got ingame. See screenshot:

After doing the things stated above (clearing cache) it was all good again and ran superb.

I suspected as much.

Happy to help.

Some time i don't have loot for like 2 min then all no loots and global pop up at the same time, but it was the same before the VU.

This loot lag is a problem between server and client. Maybe server alone. Also your connection to the net have influence to that. I dont know how the MA servers are set, so i can't say more to this problem. But a MMO game has a lot data to submit.

my connection is part of it only 1024kb here, i had to reduce mtu to 576 to be able to play while the wife play sl. She earn more from it in a month than the tt i spent in the same time and both are happy so i can't blame her on it :girl:

The lootlag is completely server side, the server processes the loot. Everyone in the whole universe has this lootlag at the same time (that's why all globals and hofs pop up at same time also after a lootlag period).

Back