Getting EU to run on Linux

Karma_Jackal

Guardian
Ok im a newb with Linux and at the moment dispise this OS but decided to give it another go and see if I can get EU to run on it. If I can get it to run I will be more inclined to actualt use this OS and not just uninstall it after a day or 2.

So I know I have to install my nvidia drivers and that I have to install Wine on linux and know how to do both.
Thing is I dont have a clue what els will be needed and have tried looking for that other thread about linux but cant seem to find the one where someone got it to work a few months back.

Can someone please link me to that thread or perhaps post what els I will need to download and install with links if posible please.

I think that I read allready somewhere(probably here) that acctualy someone made 2 do it on Linux with Wine,remeber that he said that was working but very,very slow with many bugs....good luck m8

For as know I cant laucnh the game in wine 1.3-1.4. Farest I got is a log into the gateway with bad graphics then a crash and then nothing. Every wine update I check the EU if things work.

I think Gravi said he got it to work w/linux, I'll ask him how he did it.

Obie

You could try VMWare or VirtualBox rather than wine, or just dualboot like me ;)

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=20449

It's pretty hard for a development like Wine to keep up with all the damn VUs MindArk puts out. That being said, you shouldn't expect to run very well on Wine. Not only that but I found the install instructions pretty damn confusing (how the hell do I get to the registry editor?!). I could probably figure it out if I really, really wanted to, but even on Windows I have to run EU on the lowest possible settings just to get 10 FPS on my laptop. So it's not worth it IMO.

I actually run Ubuntu on my laptop because I only have one copy of Windows 7, my laptop came with Vista (lolz Vista), and there are a few XP drivers I could never find. That's why I dual-boot in the event I want to play games on my laptop.

Well, I was in the same situation, to be honest I don't think you can run the game on linux (it works today, probably with crappy performance....new VU and you're doomed). I tried, so if the problem is you wanna run linux most of the time but also want to play, try dual boot. It worked for me.

I have win 7 64b / Ubuntu 10.10.

Back