Question: lag reason: low internet connection of low graph capabilities of computer?

TigerSkin

Prowler
Society
Alpha WildD3amons
Tariel TigerSkin Rustaveli
hi folks,

I run EU on pretty old computer on low settings, just avatar quality and texture qualities are set high. The rest is set on low. Its P4 CPU 2.4 Ghz, 3.25 Memory DDR1, with Ati radeon with 512 mb vide memory. I sure understand that reasons of lag are my 256-512 global connection + low computer capabilities, but want to clarify which is the main reason of my lag. I want to decide between two: pay for connection increase or pay for upgrade.

Fact 1: If there are no green dots on radar and even about 30-40 red ones, I hunt smoothly on my low graphical settings in the nature. The higher the mob number on radar, the higher is lag

Fact 2: If even one avatar enters radar I lag terrible for 3-5 seconds and feel the overall lag [a bit but still] afterwards. If I loot something like armor part or something, it takes an age tho show in the loot screen

Fact 3: I do not visit cities or the places of constant gathering of avatars, as I lag terribly, see the green dots but see nothing in the monitor ... and loading of cities takes an age ...

I wish I could upgrade both, but more interested now in:
which is to blame here more? The global connection OR low computer graphical capabilities?

Would appreciate the answers

start buy upgrade computeur...
Your connection should be enought for EU .
Your weakest part imho is your computeur , no way he can display anything much of entropia...You see it with what you describe... the only things you display hight , make you lag as soon as it is around (avatar) , but beeing with many mobs around you dont make you lag (so you have good enought connection)...

i use safe mode when i hunt works better Your avatar quality

try on safe mode, if it dosnt run nearly lagfree than it must be your internet connection

on my laptop i always run save mode to avoid lags as it has only a onboard graphic, works good

The 3 things you listed that cause lag are all processing issues and not connection related so a pc upgrade would change things for you.

If it was network related you would get a lot of things like 'failed' messages and lag between tool changes.

MY connection is usually around 1.5mbit/.5mbit which seem to be enough, though sometimes, it may course minor trouble.

thx all 4 answers

I have the same experience as you on a 24/8 Mbit connection so I think its safe to say our old computers is to blame. I run on low except on shadings and shadows which I have set on safe.
/Wille

Back