Windows 7 SP1 issues

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Since I got the SP1 my laptop is running badly and so is EU. Advice don't upgrade to SP1 until they fix it. Now I have to figure out how I remove SP1 safely.
? Has someone from MA started working at MS... Releases which are buggy or is MS working for MA? :laugh:

Advice don't upgrade to SP1 until they fix it.

So you base this on thousands test subjects or not? Because running SP1 here and not a problem at all or lose in FPS.

BTW SP1 is just all the bugfixes and adds nothing new. So proably some virus you already got fixed and now your computer doesnt like it.

My Advice

Upgrade to SP1 and if you can use Readyboost because it increase FPS and smoothness of the game

8Gb RAM, 2G NVIDIA 540M chip, i7, Win 7 64bit system....I don't need readyboost :) Antivirus is well uptodate, only new thing was SP1. Went from kick ass system so slow ass system, I don't need 1000 test Laptops to quickly check the blogs/forums to see there is an overall problem with many people.

I am glad SP1 didn't mess with ur machine however.
My question was more if other players have had problems and how they fixed it. For now I will uninstall SP1.

no problem here with sp 1

Could be drivers (or not-installed drivers etc) also. But like has been said, if you have been updating windows at least once a month or more using windows update, which everybody using windows should, then you will not have any issues with SP1.

no problem here on my stoneage laptop

No problem on my desktop system with SP1 or my N145+ netbook.

The only problem I've had recently was with the new 10.1 Intel Raid drivers which caused my system to freeze repeatedly, reinstalling 9.65 fixed it.

Thanks for your help Ranpha, what I have found is that Windows 7 is buggy with Sierra USB wireless Aircards 312U. So need to try a few updates from their website. Can't connect to internet at all atm, if it does then my connection is barely stable for a few mins. I left SP1 alone as it doesn't seem to be a problem as you stated.

I will keep you posted if I am successful in repairing the issue.

Cheers
Bjorn

Back