Help: Killed by FAP-Lag. Is it just Me..?

Chopper

Elite
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Chopper McHelicopter
I am having a serious issue/problem, and I can't be the only one...

I'm talking about FAP-Lag.

Recently I have been consistently experiencing a Huge delay when trying to switch between weapons, or switch to my Healing tool. And it's a Nightmare... I'll be standing in front of a mob that I Know I can kill easily, tapping my Fap Hot-Key repeatedly with Nothing Happening... The Mob can still hit Me, of course, and all too soon I'm killed....

This is not just really Frustrating and Annoying, it's also Expensive... Extra Decay, Mob regen by the time I go back to it, assuming of course that I haven't given up on it in disgust...

Everything else Maps fine, backgrounds draw in, movement controls respond crisply. It's just Wep/Fap switching...

And it's happening All The Time...

I've tried switching locations in case That server was just busy, but it happens Everywhere...

It could be Me of course. Here's my Set up :

G/Card : Ati Radeon HD5700
Processor : Intel Core i3 540@3.07 Ghz

I have the Connection speed set to 1mb. Is there a better way..?

Is anyone else getting this problem?

What can I do..? Right now the game is almost unplayable :(

HEEEEELP!

What type of internet connection do u have?
Are you using wireless connection in your home?

Is it like this? If so, you're not alone.

Toad : Not Wireless. Allegedly up to 10 Meg, in reality running at about 1.2 on a good day...

Mega : Very often I get those messages, yes. Glad It's not just me then...

But surely that's simply Not Good Enough... Don't we deserve better for our money?

Just realised it isn't Just wep and fap switching, damage is lagged too.
Recently I was killed by a creature I'd already looted :(

It isn't Right I tells ya. It's destroying my gameplay... What can we reasonably Do about it tho? :(

not had that recently, but today was the first time I got Failed when trying to heal a hunter right in front of me...

Never had Failed on a fap before just on weapons :(

had the fap in my hands had healed him before without any of us moving or switching equipment

yeah same prob. And it wont stop auto attackin, and i get failed when i try and shoot mobs every now and then.

Tired, out mining , get a claim , switch to driller , press autodrill , WTF!!!!!!!! i start to AUTO dropp bombs :eyecrazy:

This is at the same time im talking to my son or g-f so Im rather lucky I dont waste all my bombs .

So YES it happens regulary atm .

Edit : This happens a lot at R-T , so dont say the server is busy , as i think im the only one on the server at that time ,

Last edited:
Tired, out mining , get a claim , switch to driller , press autodrill , WTF!!!!!!!! i start to AUTO dropp bombs :eyecrazy:

This is at the same time im talking to my son or g-f so Im rather lucky I dont waste all my bombs .

So YES it happens regulary atm .

Edit : This happens a lot at R-T , so dont say the server is busy , as i think im the only one on the server at that time ,

It seems to happen on all planets at the same time. Therefore it has to do with MA's server, rather than the planet server.

Happens all the time. I figured it was latency issues, but now I see a lot of other players are going through this issue.

- While hunting, takes a while to switch to fap/gun...all the while, mob gets in free shots.
(this includes "Item is currently busy" and "This item is already equipt and cannot be used at this time" or something like it)
- After mob is killed, loot does not appear, nor does the "This creature did not carry any loot" window.
- While mining, bomb is dropped with "Searching" ongoing for up to several minutes at a time.
- While extracting, shows avatar "extracting", although claim is empty (took 3 minutes to extract a small claim once).
- While crafting, progress bar locks at 99% and holds there till the lag passes.

We call it "Loot Lag" in soc. chat and occasionally would ask if anyone else is seeing it...and 10 times out of 10, it is. It's getting very annoying now...perhaps MA can consider a patch to fix THIS of all things? I will admit, it's been nice getting those phantom globals/hofs after the lag delay, but enough is enough...get rid of it.

There's yet another aspect to it that really annoys me...

You've just damaged your mob right down to "next shot is the kill". You shoot, the gun fires... No damage, no collision detection. You shoot again. Same thing...

EVENTUALLY, the lag catches up, and the mob dies. But you wasted 2 or 3 shots while it thinks about it...

And it happens ALOT. Far too often to be dismissable, almost enough to be suspicious...

I frankly don't believe that MA/FPC/SEE/WHATEVER are unable to fix this. But then I don't wanna believe that they're leaving it unfixed just to con everyone out a few thousand ammo. Yes those wasted shots would add up, but surely a business has to be careful about just how much they p1ss off their customers...

Doesn't it?

Hmmm... I thought this thread might strike a chord with far More people than this...

I'm guessing that this Loot Lag lark is only affecting a few of us then, and not the Hordes I suspected.

If you've never heard of Loot Lag, Fap Lag, or Damage Lag, then please feel free to ignore this crazy-talk.

However, I'd be Very interested to hear from anyone else who is experiencing this problem...

Anyone? Bueller..? Fry...?

So, can anyone more technically minded than I, offer some explanation for the Loot lag / damage lag phenomenon?

Is it MA's Servers? Is it My Computer..?

I'd love it of there were something comparatively simple I could do or adjust to fix the issue...

Havent had fap-lag in quite some time now :) Lootlag i get from time to time thou. And on rare ocations the entrier game lags to an extend where even the mobs dont hit anymore. And when it gets back to normal you get 15-20 fail messages in a row :laugh:

While hunting bots i have the same issues and ends with 1/10 times that i die due the fap-lag.. And the same issue in killshots..

You've just damaged your mob right down to "next shot is the kill". You shoot, the gun fires... No damage, no collision detection. You shoot again. Same thing...

EVENTUALLY, the lag catches up, and the mob dies. But you wasted 2 or 3 shots while it thinks about it...

And it happens ALOT. Far too often to be dismissable, almost enough to be suspicious...

It's NOT just you... :wise:

I get the same with the delay when shooting a mob, the lag when mining and it "searching" for a claim, and the "Not Accessible" crap messages. Have died a few times as well cause it wouldn't let me heal myself.

I have been getting to the point when hunting and the shots lagging that I jsut log for half hour or so and then relog cause like you said, we are wasting ALOT of ammo/decay on the guns when the mob is near dead and we shoot, nothing happens, shoot, nothing, then bam overkill cause lag catches up.

You aren't alone, alot of people I have heard talking bout it and it all seems to happen around same time when it does.

MA FIX YOUR SHIT! :mad:

-Bemo-

I frankly don't believe that MA/FPC/SEE/WHATEVER are unable to fix this. But then I don't wanna believe that they're leaving it unfixed just to con everyone out a few thousand ammo. Yes those wasted shots would add up, but surely a business has to be careful about just how much they p1ss off their customers...

Doesn't it?

I experience this also and I consider it extremely annoying.

Same thing happens when mobs have lag. They queue the hits and when the lag spike passes, the you get a series of consecutive hits. Many times this kills me, especially on fast hitting mobs.

I never experience damage taken from fap. I thought this topic was fixed a while ago. At least back then a lot of ppl used to kill them selfs with faps in rings.

Thats one of the main reasons I stopped hunting years ago.

The mob would get a free hit when changing from gun to fap..sometimes 2 waiting for the yellow "This Item is already equiped" message to print. Then I would heal to full and lose another free hit or two for the switch back.

I thought it was my system back then and have since learned it is not. It is simply about shitty ping disadvantage of 134ms vs 5 to 15ms others enjoy.

I have a decent gamining rig and a 22meg internet connection so that is the only viable cotributor to this issue I beleive.

I get loot lag like anyone else but never get game lag when doing any other componant to the game. The only time I get screwed like that is on timing critcal things like healing or jumping and moving in a pvp situation like the ring.

Thats one of the main reasons I stopped hunting years ago.

That is a Tragedy :(

I thought it was my system back then and have since learned it is not. It is simply about shitty ping disadvantage of 134ms vs 5 to 15ms others enjoy.

This is useful info. Being mildly non-technical I only half understand, but enough to realise that we're talking about the problem existing at My (our) end, in essence it's responses from My computer taking longer than they should to reach the client/game server...

That has a kinda "Fair-enough"ness about it, except that we were told that 5700 was Plenty, and it's a bit harsh to learn that "Plenty" means "Just about playable"...

Have I understood you correctly..?

That is a Tragedy :(

This is useful info. Being mildly non-technical I only half understand, but enough to realise that we're talking about the problem existing at My (our) end, in essence it's responses from My computer taking longer than they should to reach the client/game server...

That has a kinda "Fair-enough"ness about it, except that we were told that 5700 was Plenty, and it's a bit harsh to learn that "Plenty" means "Just about playable"...

Have I understood you correctly..?

The game is playable on pings in the 300 range as many like players from Australia have. You can go about normal buisness and even do well at times. So yes the requirements to play are correct. Again as is the MA way that in no way shape or form means you will be proficiant. Sadly tho for anything that requires you to do something in a fast manor you can not compete at all. There are several theories I hold regarding this and the longer time goes on the more I see they are closer then originally thought.

Anyone with a ping under 35 to 50ms should not even think of playing in pvp as those closer to the servers will own you EVERY time simply because you have not arrived yet as they pull the trigger. Yes skills in pvp count but not as much as ping in the system we have here.

One example is when I do go out to heal for hunters on ocassion I have noticed certain players in an emergency can stop shooting, pull a fap, heal and switch back to shooting before the heal I pressed before has registered on them. I on the other hand in an emergency situation can be healed twice by someone just in the time it takes to switch gun to fap.

This brings up other questions regarding things that I wont breech in this thread.

Happens to me too. Not that often, but often enough to get annoying.. Same with most soc mates.

i have that since the forts came, not sure what i shall do. Usually they fixed it within a few days or weeks, but currently MA seems to be in hibernation or lost in space.

They reinvent their fixed lags so often again that i start to think its on purpose to screw our performance and squeeze out of the players what they can.:mad:

This sort of thing happens to me ALOT while I'm out hunting, I think it's MindArk's secret way of earning extra pecs from you since the global advertisements are now taken out of the system (it would seem like).

So in retaliation, I have stopped hutning, mining and crafting normally for the most part, or at least as regular as I did last month before all the new and "improved, updates" *cough bugs cough*

My suggestion is to do the same as I am OR just use a bigger/faster FAP that when you whip out would only need to be used once and then you're back into the hunt. You could also try a longer range weapon to take the mob's HP half way down or out before it comes to you and then have a finisher.

~Danimal

Back