MY new netbook.

Wut? Atom processors are very common in file servers.

Agreed, though the netbook type atom processors haven't been that widely used previously as they are and will be.

The atom processor, especially the pineview or is it pinetrail, architecture is simply brilliant. What people rarely realise is that it's not all about power and this is especially true when talking servers and netbook.

Server are large, expensive, consume a lot of power, require lot's of maintenance, etc.

Netbook are small, light, have a limited power source and so on.

Anyone normal parson who buy a netbook and expect to be using it for things like 3D gaming, video editing, and what not, are simply not thinking things through, just like any company who buy the biggest and meanest server, only to be using it to host a simple website.

yes AMD have a more powerful CPU, but if it's actually better is a matter of discussion. Power does not equal quality.

Of course I do hate AMD more than most, but that is actually beside the point. There's no reason why it should not be possible to put a quad core billion ghz (whatever) CPU in a netbook, but it wouldn't make sense. There are many parts that need to work together and if one part is slow, the other will be to, no matter how big potential it has got.

Most cars today can probably drive at speeds close to 200 kph, but honestly, how often have you actually reached those speeds or even had the opportunity to do so? My guess is never.

And this is my point with this project of mine. To achieve perfection. I only want to be able to drive as fast as I need to and I don't want the tires to be able to handle a greater speed either as they won't need to.

Hope this explain things a bit.

Back