c++ instalation issue

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
my friend is unable to uninstall or delete or even "update" the C++ 2005 distributional

he currently is running on the 2010 version as well.

c.jpg

what can he do? please help.

Google is your friend...

It seems to be removable from the control panel > add or remove programs

you misunderstood my statement.

re-read exactly what i said, as i said he is unable to uninstall it.

the picture shown is when the add remove programs tries to uninstall it. as you can see, it wont. or should i say, it cannot be removed.

google hasnt fixed the problem.(tons of ideas but no direct fixes for this specific issue)

Last edited:
Does he have the 2005 version installed? the updater could not remove it because it wasn't installed at all, and you need the older version to run the 2010.

Maybe, if that doesn't work we can try other things.

He has them all installed 2005 2008? And 2010 too, i read on it with the sbs issue where updateddoesnt remake the files and only adds to it which means you need to uninstall all parts of it then install from oldest to newest but that doesnt work as he still cannot access the 2005 part.

Hes unable to update or install for the same reason posted i first post, not accessible.

could be two things, one is that some program is running when he is uninstalling it, so make sure to close everything, including all the stuff from the system tray, driver-software such as nvida/ati programs, adsl-programs soundcard-programs and so on (people often forget)
The other thing could be that windows is damaged somehow, either due to just general it's windows, virusses, or installatiof windows on top of an existing windows-installation.
So if closing everything won't work, best thing to do is to backup all data, format, and reinstall.

Ill double check this.

It looks its an error in the registry. I beed to uninstall all versions from newest to oldest then clean registry and attempt to retry.

Cant test this until tomorrow however.
But thanks for the reply, ill post outcome when done tomorrow.

Back