Laptop advice

Xulfer

Provider
Eddie Xulfer Darklight
Hi guys. Can someone who's more tech savvy than me please tell me if they think this laptop is suitable for EU at medium or better GFX settings? It looks OK to me, but I'd rather get a second opinion before parting with my cash.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Samsung_R525_987270.html

If not, can anyone recommend a budget laptop that will do the job?

Thanks! :)

Should run alright on medium settings, but this laptop wouldn't do so well with high/very high.

im happy with a DELL XPS15 :laugh:

Well, you probably know that the graphic card performance is pretty poor, not a gaming laptop at all.

Also, the CPU could be a problem and with 3Gb of RAM you don't get dual channel (2Gb+1Gb). If you can go just a bit higher get this one.

And if you can go even higher and want a gaming laptop get this one.

With the first two you can play on medium settings (low on crowded areas), with the last one you can play on high.

Don't expect good battery life.

Last edited:
Hi
I just got a DELL XPS 15, i7, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64 bit, NVIDIA 540m 2Gb card, and it runs really smoothly on High settings, not generating excessive heat either and best of all it is a good price.

Cheers
Bjorn

Please, please, please - don't ATI cards!!!

I'm owner of the couple Acers:

Aspire 5100 +m200 ATI video (was used in pre-Crysis VU, since 2006) and Aspire 5542G + HD5650 1GB video card (in use now) - the same ass pain with hell heat and low graphic capacity as result!
Dunno, but think, that Samsung not better than Acer on this way

Last edited:
Please, please, please - don't ATI cards!!!

I'm owner of the couple Acers:

Aspire 5100 +m200 ATI video (was used in pre-Crysis VU) and Aspire 5542G + HD5650 1GB video card (in use now) - the same ass pain with hell heat and low graphic capacity as result!
Dunno, but think, that Samsung not better than Acer on this way

You are talking about old computers for a new game.
Plz correct me if Im wrong but
Aspire 5542G is 2009 model
5745G was 2010 model <- I just sold it 1week ago, just wanted a new laptop
5942G 2011 model <- just bought it 1week ago.

both 5745G and 5942G run very good on PE.

Yeah, i bought my 5542G at May 2010 and...

Listen, dude, I'm not going to buy a new laptop after every fucking update!
New VU != new PC

i just wanna point to fact, that ATI video cards need the extra cooling, that laptops can't supply enough

I bought a laptop for Mrs 7 a few weeks ago and it has the same gfx card as the one you are looking at and it runs EU just fine on medium, would probably stretch to high for less demanding areas, I'll run up EU on it later and see how well it performs on settings higher than medium.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_Pavilion_DV6-3045Sa_993961.html

Update:

A quick run around Twins and Port Atlantis (not many folk online atm) and a rummage through the undergrowth at Fort Troy and it works "ok" in High. It's not the smoothest of movement - you seem to run as if your shoelaces are tied together (sorry don't have FPS for you) but it's not unplayable either. You will probably want to run it on medium though if you need quick response times from attacking mobs.

Oh.. and get a laptop cool mat :D

Last edited:
Im running a Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820TG and I love it!

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-3820TG-Timeline-X-Notebook.30294.0.html

Its very nuice with the "dual" graphic cards (one integrated and one powerful one)
If I'm out travel I switch to the ECO graphics and then have 12hours of standby.
When I want to play I switch to the powerful card and EU runs fine on medium.

I've also installed a SSD harddrive, and Will soon upgrade it to 8GB ram.
The screen is small, because I wanted it to be very portable.

Can recommend it alot!

Thanks a lot guys. You've all been really helpful. :)

Back