Nostalgia thread: Once upon a time in Entropia......

Once upon a time I played EU like a madman every free moment available...

once apon a time

u could jump 40 feet in the air useing a rocket:launcher:

Once upon a time, people were whining. It hasn't changed.

I consider my noob days in pregold and shortly after as my best times in pe...
There was this big jester d1 trading scene in PA and thats how i made a couple of pec on each trade.
- Sweating was super social and not boring (prolly still is).
- #1 ATH was a 4k atrox, that loot was beyond our dreams, now you dont even blink when you see a loot like that in chat.
- I also remember hanging out on the oil rig trying to get the occasional oil that spawned and watching t-rex and the other ubers killing atrox. We also trapped an atrox old alpha once on the rig using 20 min killng it with jester d1.
- This was alittle later but i remember t-rex had an ancient mod merc lying on his table in his castle because if you repaired it, it was no longer ancient.
- You could build houses and stairs by dropping oil barrels
- There wa voting machines were people could vote for what they wanted next in the game.

After i started depositting it all went downhill and now it feels more like a gambling addicton sometimes.

Last edited:
Once upon a time in Entropia it wasn't that easy to find storage facilities and auctioneers :silly2:

Once upon a time I was stuck in Jason Centre for half an hour, because the servers gave up and no one could move. :yay:

Once upon a time the A101 amp made your gun shoot green laser :tongue2:, instead of red. (And A201 as well? Not sure about that one.)

Time to spam MA with this threadlink in a support case...

So many memories...

Once upon a time in Entropia i logged on as often as possible day & night...

Nowadays i logon, lose some peds and logoff again....

I miss alot of friends! =(

//SM

Once upon a time... I healed RicK from time to time, as he hunted! :cool:

Mate nice video... too bad that wasnt an ATH huh.. long time no see mate.. hope we can catch up again some time.. I am going back to full time hunting starting in november ... maybe.

RicK

Once upon a time in Entropia there was a biodome in Port Atlantis (And one in Nymphtown I think)
Once upon a time in Entropia you had to run to the domes on CP which in the beginning was very frustrating if you took a wrong turn you could be running around for a long time :)

(Are you allowed to post post-CE2 nostalgia? :ahh:)

Once upon a time... night time was actually dark, not just 10 % less bright then mid-day.

Once upon a time in Entropia there was a biodome in Port Atlantis (And one in Nymphtown I think)
Once upon a time in Entropia you had to run to the domes on CP which in the beginning was very frustrating if you took a wrong turn you could be running around for a long time :)

I used to hide bps, TT weapons/mining tools/ammo, and crafted weapons in the biodome for new players to find (treasure hunt). It was a lot of fun to see them run around and find them. :)

Once upon a time in Entropia there was adventure when you made TP runs. Now you just jump into your VTOL and fly to a New Tp hat might come with a VU but .. somehow you don't know why you do it .

Once upon a time in Entropia i could have a FULL TT Vehicle colored without a decay (what the hell was this idiotic change good for )

Once upon a time in Entropia there was a Port Atlantis that was the main meeting and trading point in EU and not strangely designed City with no soul.

Once upon a time in Entropia i had the hope that there would be MORE enjoyable things to do with each VU and not less. Nowerdays we have space and its so much "fun" to stand in front of a repair terminal for hours and click on the repair tool from time to time, only to have to pay 7 PED to get back to the surface.

Once upon a time in Entropia i thought that with time there would come out ways to be creative in the game.

Once upon a time in Entropia i heard about Entropia from a friend on Second life and was looking forward to see it

Once upon a time in Entropia i logged into the game and found myself 500 meter above the ground on a carpet at Twin.

i know one can say that we always member the good things in the past and not so much the bad things.
But what i hate is that MA is taking away things that worked well and not making the things better .
Before i came to entropia i thought Linden Lab ( the company that runs Second life) has a bad information policy. Now i know they are gold against MA. Like the thing with the Decay on coloring nerv with the vehicles . I found it out after i got my FULL TT MK2 Sleipnir colored, not knowing that it changed :(.

Once upon a time most mobs were slower than you, so doing 360 while shooting took some skill but it worked. You could also hire orange runners that took a few pecs for like 30 minutes of running, good runners were more expensive though :)

Once upon a time... night time was actually dark, not just 10 % less bright then mid-day.

Ahh... the "it's too dark" complaints :laugh:

once upon a time in calypso..

You got your own little peep show when you clicked to heal with your fap :laugh:

I want my naked lady on the inside of my fap lid back! WTF who blurred it all out! :censored:

Once upon a time in Entropia...

The only cars that existed were located in Hadeshiem... I remember a Red one and a White one and a Blue one. They were parked there, I remember dreaming to myself that It would be awesome to have cars. (now I have 4)

One day a Man and his team doing research went missing. and Strange Black Orbs Appeared in locations around the planet. One of which I visited regularly was also in Hadeshiem. (oh how I miss hades) There were Feffoids and Maffoids and Argonauts all over the place. I honestly believe that the Orbs had the same bloodthirsty effect on the colonists as well.

I remember not long after that. The Robots came back for War. and they Crashed their Ship into Hadeshiem obliterating it from our lands. now a Crater and our memories of it remain.

I remember Running through the wilderness with a friend... he stopped and pointed at something on the ground. and told me to pick it up. When I picked it up my Avatar make a " yuckky" sound. and I learned that Dung has Flies around it. and that Fruit has butterflies.

I remember Umbranoids. Charging at me with knives. and whips. and they wore no clothes.

There was a smiley face under the water south of Fort Troy. I travelled for two days to get there from Port Atlantis. (I had to get there on Foot)

And I remember Billys Spaceship afterworld having a "pool" at somepoint. but I used to love the broken ships there. I used to Hide money on the chairs for someone to find. I also used to Drop things like guns and money and armours in a Cave that was at the south end of a Lake.

I remember standing at Twin peaks. and Climbing the nearby mountains. there was a bronze statue there. I used to kneel and pray for good loot when I was there...(unfortunately someone else got my good loot, but at least I know the praying helped.)

I also remember there was only a few bridges that crossed rivers. and I got sick of swimming accross rivers. now... I travel to Tropical paradises and Frolic in the water. (odd)

I remember when I first Arrived on Calypso and read the writing on the black screen telling me that my ship had been attacked by Pirates and I was respawning on a station before going to the planet.

I Remember my First trip into outer space was on a shuttle from a hangar. we sat in gunners chairs... we took off the screen went black we arrived at the Stations. ( I remember thinking Why does it have gunners chairs if we dont see space?)
And I also dreamed of Space. and Fighting Pirates. as did alot of people.

and I remember reading this thread before I started replying and thinking to myself... Wow, It was pretty cool back then, and you know what... "We got, practically Everything we Wished for" its a shame that some of us are still not happy.

and I remember reading this thread before I started replying and thinking to myself... Wow, It was pretty cool back then, and you know what... "We got, practically Everything we Wished for" its a shame that some of us are still not happy.

Nice post especially the last part!
A big +rep for that!

Once upon a time people wished for...

mindforce
vehicles (oh so many wishes)
day/night cycles
a second continent (where's the third one, anyway?)
space
other planets
events
really dangerous pvp
communication from MA (look at EF)
houses, shops
the return of the behemoth...

..wait a minute. Where the heck is the Behemoth? :mad:

Once upon a time the Behemoth mob was removed from live because it looked too stupid climbing hills. :laugh: Or so I'm told.

Once upon a time the servers went down - an avatar had picked up the entire world into his inventory and logged off. <- True story, someone can probably provide a source for it.

EDIT: Once upon a time, Marco promised a road map for future development. I am still waiting to see it. That was probably five years ago.

Last edited:
(Sorry for the double post, but I felt this didn't belong in the other post. :popcorn:)

Once upon a time turp young started doing 1 dmg. And people collected them from the few spawns, led them safely to secret hideouts to skill evade for free while it lasted.

Once upon a time, the decay formula made it possible to skill evade very cheaply while wearing pixie armor VS pugipi (IIRC). That was used by a lot of people.

Once upon a time, if you revived at Billy's - mobs/robots could not hit you. A lot of people used this to hunt without armor decay.

Once upon a time, there was a way to duplicate items. Several of the most high-end items currently in-game came to be as copies of the original.

Once upon a time, if you logged out (very) quickly after spending some ammo - the ammo was returned, but any loot gained was kept. This made it possible to hunt for free and still get loot. This is why you have to wait 20 seconds to log out. A lot of people were banned for using it.

Once upon a time, just after a VU - melee weapons would give skills if used against other avatars or NPCs - in not-PVP areas. If a melee weapon is used like that it will not decay. A lot of people used that to gain free skills. So far as I know, no one was every punished for using it, even though a lot of people were reported.

Once upon a time in Entropia a doctor named Niels Barton got abducted by robots untill recovered... One finger at a time, which in turned sparked the avid collector of weird items and sometimes useless items (and who happens to have a lab with a team of mad scientists devoted to DNA experimentation) Deathifier collected them all and threw them in a blendtec blender, and that's how Globsters came to be.

Twice in time since the settlement of Calypso begun there has been two cases of severe mass psychosis breaking out amongst the population prior to the two largest robot invasions to date.
The psychosis manifested in a sudden urge and near OCD like behaviour that sent the afflicted into a state that can only be described as frenzied rage dissassemble robots with the nearest weapon they could get their hands on.

Shortly before the invasions it was commonsight to see raving and drooling settlers murmuring incoherently about red bananas adding fuel to the fire for the hard core conspiracy theorists on calypsian soil.
Most theories seems to point at this psychosis stemmed from unlawful administration of unnaproved combat drugs in the drinking water combined with media(EBN) programming keywords into the unsuspecting population using subliminal messages as a desperate measure to counter the two robot invasions that took place. Alledged "Proof" of this has been presented in the form of a few seconds long garbled recording said to come from a summit meeting of top Calypsian authority figures shortly before the first event transpired saying"...desperate times call for desperate measures".

No early warning about the imminent invasions was issued making colonists question the people in charge of their security and/or the competence of the calypsian authorities.

Another time upon Calypso during the early stages of colonization the indeginous flora and fauna baffled the the scienteific community aswell as the settlers that made their livelyhood hunting and killing the wildlife on the planet.

While the animals provided hides, wools, teeth, bones and other materials commonly associated with hunting the hunters nearly allways found metal coins when salvaging what they could from the cadavers (which was adopted as the official currency of the settlement) aswell as cans of paint in all imaginable colours.

All was well and hunters were prospering lining their purses with shiny golden coins and amassed enough paints, leather and wool to keep the tailors of the planet stocked and busy aswell as keeping the citizens looking stylish untill one day when inexplicably hunters reported that they started to find metallic canisters filled with oil and electrical components gutting their prey whilst the currency they were used to finding simply vanished from the critters.
Some hunters were quoted saying that this occurence killed 50% of the incentive to risk their lives going out hunting the ferocious beasts of the planet.
Some even gave up hunting all together to become proficient component crafters stating "The finnished product of basic filters is more appealing to the eye than lifting dull gray canisters of oil from our kills".

Why this happened remains one of the biggest and unsolved mysteries of all time.

Theories about this phenomenon are as many as there are colonists, some say they believe planet was onced used as a colony dedicated to minting by an advanced and long gone civilization, however no-one seems to be able to explain or present a feasable theory why the paintcans that are still found to this date originates from.

Once upon a time, there was a society devoted to providing virtual, sexual pleasure. When MA caught wind they put an end to it at once, however. :scratch2:

Once upon a time, the very first Fire Forge DAR 9300 was found simply lying on the ground. It was part of a treasure hunt provided by MA.

Once upon a time in Entropia there was a place called Palms Corner with real charm and character. Even the service station was disguised to look like the other buildings. I have not long returned to game and just learnt it no longer exists. Sad that we lost these places!

Once upon a time...
Feb 13rd 2007. I logged into the world of EU for the first time at PA near the landed spaceships. I am sad because I can't remember how I came to EU... But I really wanted to have a glance to this game. After some laborious tries (not enough for sure) I did not much understand how to move and use my avatar, and the place was quite desert, so I decided that this game was somehow boring compared to Second Life where I had many friends, and I logged off.
Nov 2007. I still don't know exactly why, but I remembered about EU and logged in for the 2nd time to give myself a new try. This time I managed to run around PA, not knowing where I was going nor what I was really expecting, and I was soon killed by a feff in a distant valley surrounded by cliffs, can't remember more and where exactly, nor where I was revived... But I remember well that a bit later in the same session I met a guy who was mining alone, I did not even understand what he was doing by dropping these things that were shaking my screen ! I am not sure what happened after, probably he saved me from a mob and I said thanks and asked him what he was doing exactly, but for sure he understood that I was a total noob... So he told to me to follow him at PA bank, and gave me an opalo and 1K ammos (10 peds in this time). I had not even asked him for anything. One thing I have never forgotten, and will never : his name was Dennis Baron Dutchbaron. It was my first gun, my first hunt, this time I was hooked in the game !
I would like so much to be able to remember all what I did after that, what was the first mob I shot, my first loot, how I managed to find all the tp, the first time I discovered Swamp Camp and so many sweaters, my first global, the first time I came to help someone newer than me, and all the feelings I had every time... All this is gone and yet it seems so important to me today... The feelings of my beginnings, this is what I miss the more... Everyday was a new thrilling adventure...

Once upon a time...
I talked to a friend of mine in Second Life about EU, and he is still playing :)

Once upon a time...
My pixie armor was the most useful and valuable gear I had in my inventory, and I was so happy when soc mates gave me some parts for free :)
Today most of the time those pixie parts go to TT...

Once upon a time...
A few days after I started playing the game, I bought the basic TT stuff to try mining. I remember I had my first claim in the hills south from Nymphtown. But I did not know how it was supposed to work to find the claim and extract from it : I thought I needed one more item called “claim” or such that I had forgotten to buy :p
So I never found this claim, and will never know what was my first one about...

Once upon a time...
I had my first mining global (still my best mining global ever !) : 217 peds of lyst on Sunday Dec 21st 2008 (thx to Entropia tracker :)). I remember it was near some ruined walls where feffoids and cornudacaudas were roaming, I guess somewhere around Zychion. After a while I realized that I was so heavy that I could not run anymore ! And as I had no tp chip yet, it took me ages to go back and forth to the nearest storage and have my claim depleted ! But I was so happy :)
Much later I learned that a refiner is not only useful for refining :)

Once upon a time...
Atlas Haven was a lovely crowded place, may be the 3rd one behind Twin and PA, where people went to hunt, to sweat and to chat with friends, while lying on the grass under the trees. And a bit east there was a nice and quiet revival place called Anok Sellims, where you could sweat a funny mob called Kerberos, and also others low level mobs like exas, daikis, snables... And there was a small hut near the revival where you could jump and walk on the roof, at least after many tries :) And a river with a bridge, where you could manage to drown mobs if needed :)
Today not a living here anymore, just a sticker on a wall that says : “the bar is closed” :-(

Once upon a time...
Somewhere in the wild there was an umbranoid deserted shelter with a sign that said with scribbled letters : "go awaj stopid humanz" :)
Today umbranoids belong to extinct species :-(

Once upon a time...
There were many wrecks and ruins scattered all over the continent, and all teached us things about the history of the colonization and the wars.
No more strange wrecks and ancient places to visit, making this planet with poor soul :-(

Once upon a time...
There was a giant mushroom somewhere in the north-west of Eudoria. And a miner museum you could visit not far from there.

Once upon a time...
You could use your heal chip to heal sweaters in team by staying in the middle of the group, the chip could work through mobs and people, no need to move... And I was skilled enough to get the maximum almost every time, 32 hp :)

Once upon a time...
I was in the ambu swunt at Nea which hit a 21K HOF on Sep 28 2008 :) A guy in the team gone dead just before, he was running back from the revival when we hoffed and he got nothing but the stars :-( I was half happy for us and half sad for him...
I guess I have never seen him again in game since this day :-(

Once upon a time...
There was a big event in the game during Christmas 2008, and I sold about 300K sweat for a good price at PA in 2-3 days, more than a whole year of sweating :)
I still have about 800K in storage, but price is so lame :-(

Once upon a time...
There was only one kind of ME, the one which needed sweat to be crafted with nexus, and all the chips were using it. And the sweat was so easier and faster to sell...

Once upon a time...
One day we decided to gather all the people in my soc, ubers and noobs, about 7-8 people online, and we all started from Nymphtown to reach the coast far south, running through the oil rig, avoiding all the big troxes, to try to kill araneatroxes ! Of course we all got killed many times, yet we almost did it but unfortunately the turrets of the revival finally got our loot :-(
But we had so much fun trying, and the trip to come so far and to go back to the tp was an adventure itself ! One of my best souvenirs :)

Once upon a time...
Big bots were everywhere at Zychion Citadel and I met an uber player trapped here, like many people. He had no more ME and there was no hope to leave this place by feet. So he was so bored that he asked for buying some ME for his tp chip at any price, and I remember I made a good deal on this day : 200% :)

Once upon a time...
I was in a beacon team with my friend bistl, but he did not pay attention I was still killing a mob to be able to board the spaceship, and they took off without me :-(
But I did not forget my friend gave me some part of his loot later :)

Once upon a time...
There was a castle on an island in the middle of the lake near Nymphtown. And you had to fight rippersnappers to reach the island. And there were many "sexy" pictures on the walls, in the darkness of the castle :)
The lake and the castle are still here, somehow changed, but all the “decoration” inside has changed :-(

Once upon a time...
I felt scary every time I went to Hadesheim City because it was such a big and empty place ! One day I learned that there was 3 cars in the streets, red, blue and white. But you could not use it, just decorative stuff. I finally found them and I was wondering myself how it would be being able to drive cars in the street of Hadesheim...
Today no need to search for long to see a car, and you can buy and drive one for real ! But the streets of Hadesheim are gone...

Once upon a time...
I always found some oil each time I made a trip to the smiley, far south from Fort Troy :)

Once upon a time...
A strange spaceship appeared and stayed hovering close to Fort Troy. I approached carefully and proposed to the unknown passengers inside whether they want to buy some good sweat from me, and all the people around me were laughing !
But noone showed up and I sold nothing. And some days later big bots were invading the area, and some others places as well, shooting at everyone, so no more quiet place to sweat here for some time...

Once upon a time...
I decided to take pictures of all the "black orbs" scattered all around the planet. With the help of Entropedia I found them all, about 5 or 6, some guarded by umbranoids, some deserted, but all had this curious property to catch the light when you came closer, until all was dark red when you were right under the sphere... I still have all the picts :)
I remember the first time someone told me about these strange artefacts. The first one I saw was the one south of Fort Troy, with umbranoids and argonauts around. I always loved to see them and to think about what they had been built for... Completely useless in game, but so indispensable to me, and I miss this as well...

Once upon a time...
Some strange written documents called "Dr Almon Duchevs Log" parts could be looted and bought at auction. They were telling strange stories about the history of the colonization and about some weird artefacts and other dangerous things and sad old stories too... I was never able to read them all though, but they made the background of the planet so real...
What happened to these nice strange stories ?

Once upon a time...
I was told that maps of the continents could be found on the net, with revival areas and best roads to go, and suddendly all became easier, new tp with safer ways ! But, may be, less funny... Today a search for those old maps mostly returns an error 404. And anyway who needs those funny tp runs today :-(
The last nice tp runs I did were those from East Scylla Mountains to Athena Spaceport, after VU10 came up. Great nice trip in the mountains indeed :)
I guess Mindstar9 was often leading them, and I always loved to join...

Once upon a time...
I decided to start as a mentor as a noob asked me about many things at PA. So I gave him an opalo, some ammos and a FAP to help him to start, as someone did it for me long ago... And we hunted some easy mobs together, letting him take most of the loot.
The day after the guy kicked me as his mentor. Well... I came back to PA to help others people. And I saw him in the crowd : he was asking the same questions, and looking for a mentor again... I told him this was not very fair indeed. He answered me that he did not want a mentor with sexual disorder, or something like this, as the day before I told him in chat that I was a RL man, but preferred to play with a nice female avatar... Nothing sexual for sure lol. Then he disconnected and I have never seen him again since. My FL is always overloaded, but I still don't want to remove his name from it, just for memory... And BTW, he was also a RL guy playing with a F av ! Lol.
It would be funny to see him online again, and I am often wondering what I would do if it was going to happen...

Once upon a time...
My soc recruited a new guy and he asked for a tp run. During the run I had to kill some mobs and he asked me to lend a weapon to him, he wanted to try the Punisher MKII I was using, my best weapon at the moment, I was so happy to have looted it from a foul some days ago, 30 peds was so much for me ! So we traded and I gave it to him for a try. When we reached the tp he tped and left the team right after, of course with my new 30 peds Punisher :-( I have forgotten his name and met him only once some months later during a party at Cape Corynth. Too bad I have never added him in my fl, I would like to remember his name and be able to see him online...
Then I was so upset and sad that I decided to hunt fouls until I will loot the same weapon ! And then I spend about one month around this nice desolated place with a little lake, somewhere north from Aegis Mound if I remember well, where fouls and fugabarbas were roaming, killing them with my TT EnKnuckles... Finally I was lucky enough to get the same weapon and I left the place...
Well, the good side of the story is that I am sure I got some really good skills in melee weapons and strength during this month !

Once upon a time...
I was such a noob, but it was so exciting to discover new things, new people, new places and landscapes ! It was worth the peds I lost with the mistakes I made...

Once upon a time...
Chat logs did not exist, and I miss that so much, not being able to read all what happened to me during these old good times, so I could remember the so many forgotten good and bad moments and all the people I met and chatted with !
Now I can read all what I said and all what I heard, but it is all from VU10...

Once upon a time...
There was a nice useful tool called PE Assistant that you could display above the game. It had an alarm I used to remind me auction timelines, and a tiny text editor I used to write down names of bad and good guys I met...

Once upon a time...
One day at Atlas Haven we had a giant chessboard on the ground made with dark and light textures, and others players were the pawns ! And we played chess for real !

Once upon a time...
I went on a team hunt with friends and my daiki pet was following us :)
And I had an exarosaur pet I called "Grinning Electricteeth" because it was the name of an avatar in Second Life I used to play with :)
And because I heard or read somewhere that you could find some dung by following pets, I spent much time following them, but never found anything !

Once upon a time...
I feel sad when I realize there were so many places I did not know about and then I have never seen and will never... And I regret to have taken so few picts from this time...

Once upon a time...
Many people met at Atlas Haven on August 17th 2009 evening, the last day of the VU9 : T79x, Desire and some others famous players were organizing a huge party and all of us were dancing on a dance floor they had made on the ground with textures, and we stayed here till the last second of the last minute of the last hour of this last day. And we all got a red message in the global chat which said : "This is a CDF emergency broadcast. Estimate 1 minute to impact. All colonists are to move to the evacuation shuttles immediately."
And then everyone got disconnected when the servers shut down, and the curtain fell on the VU9 for ever...
Now I miss all this, all these moments and places gone and all the adventures I had, with many friends I have lost since, but at least today I am happy I can say :
"I was here" :)

Well, just to say that if I miss the more friendly VU9, I also like the 10 with all these new things and stunning graphics ! I just miss the feelings of my beginnings...

Last edited:
- Once upon a time things where not so complicated...

/Arwen

Back